07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:04 PM
i find it hard to believe you can be a jewish atheist tbh

Thread
07-31-2013, 07:05 PM
i find it hard to believe you can be a jewish atheist tbh

It's always hands off the Jews. Have to respect and walk softly, but, Christians? Fair fuckin' game. Can't beat it with a stick. Like shaved pussy puttin' a Christian under the boot.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
It's always hands off the Jews. Have to respect and walk softly, but, Christians? Fair fuckin' game. Can't beat it with a stick. Like shaved pussy puttin' a Christian under the boot.

No, I mean it in the literal sense. Being Jewish is being part of a religion. Being Hebrew/Israeli is being part of an ethnic/national group. But Judaism is a religion, and being a Jewish atheist is an oxymoron

Thread
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
^I figured that, but, I wanted to say what I said.

tee, hee.

Thebesteva
07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
No, I mean it in the literal sense. Being Jewish is being part of a religion. Being Hebrew/Israeli is being part of an ethnic/national group. But Judaism is a religion, and being a Jewish atheist is an oxymoron

Most Jews dont believe in a higher power....I have a few Jew friends, they act like being Jewish is a membership card to a better life more than anything else.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Most Jews dont believe in a higher power....I have a few Jew friends, they act like being Jewish is a membership card to a better life more than anything else.
being a Jew = belief in Judaism = belief in higher power. that's like saying "most christians i know don't actually believe in god." then they aren't actually jewish. they're just israeli/hebrew, but not jewish. being a jewish atheist is as oxymoronic as being a christian atheist

scroteface
07-31-2013, 07:15 PM
OP can't speak english worth a shit.

:lol that thread title

Thebesteva
07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
being a Jew = belief in Judaism = belief in higher power. that's like saying "most christians i know don't actually believe in god." then they aren't actually jewish. they're just israeli/hebrew, but not jewish. being a jewish atheist is as oxymoronic as being a christian atheist

No its not like comparing them to Christianity, you are speaking historically. Do you know any Jews? Does Larry David strike you as a spiritual guy? He is the ultimate Jew and none of those guys are into anything. It's more like a membership of power than anything else.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:25 PM
No its not like comparing them to Christianity, you are speaking historically. Do you know any Jews? Does Larry David strike you as a spiritual guy? He is the ultimate Jew and none of those guys are into anything. It's more like a membership of power than anything else.
Its exactly like comparing them to Christianity, tbh. If they call themselves Jews but don't practice Judaism, then they have no idea what the word Jewish means tbh. They are referring to their Hebrew/Israeli ethnic background.

Thebesteva
07-31-2013, 07:26 PM
That nigga took a bad tab of E

SpursRock20
07-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Was this guy for real? I was under the impression that atheists were pretty intelligible people, but he seemed to rehash a lot of stuff that he has heard over the years without attaching meaning to much of it.

Thread
07-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Was this guy for real? I was under the impression that atheists were pretty intelligible people, but he seemed to rehash a lot of stuff that he has heard over the years without attaching meaning to much of it.

I wish I was in that good of shape. He was solid, but, on some kind of drugs, eh?

And the cop closest to the camera was a doll. I'd like to just hug her, maybe comb her hair out after she showers. Nothing else though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2013, 09:40 PM
:lol people talking about me and angry at my atheist truth bombs while I'm at work

:lol that's totally me in the video btw

Thread
07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
:lol people talking about me while I'm at w*rk

Rogue
08-01-2013, 01:00 AM
agree, a christian atheist is just as self-contradictory as "an honest chink" imho

DoK used to be one of my favorite posters on this site but it appears that his posting career has taken a steep nosedive and has been careening down a similar descending track as Ghazi's, as his finance/banking career blossoms in the world outside Spurstalk. Both dudes were legendary mavs fans from outside of Dallas who loved this team just as much as the locals, but there somehow developed a fued between these guys which changed the face of our fan base. Ghazi doesn't seem to bother to post anymore. while DoK is still posting here regularly, he's always about trolling and making fun of the unfortunate. It might be his religion or the biggest joy for him to gloat about the unhappiness of other people, but that's downright abominable, and that is wrong.

Chinook
08-01-2013, 03:58 AM
Atheists are like the rest of us. Some are incredibly intelligent, and some a idiots. Some are extremely vocal and intolerant, and some are perfectly fine with letting others believe what they want in peace.

Don't conflate atheism with intelligence, however. Intelligent people tend to be secular (non-religious), not necessarily atheist. Atheism and secularism are as orthogonal in belief systems as hue and brightness are in colors.

RsxPiimp
08-01-2013, 04:48 AM
This Chinook fella always makes a lotta sense.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Atheists are like the rest of us. Some are incredibly intelligent, and some a idiots. Some are extremely vocal and intolerant, and some are perfectly fine with letting others believe what they want in peace.

Don't conflate atheism with intelligence, however. Intelligent people tend to be secular (non-religious), not necessarily atheist. Atheism and secularism are as orthogonal in belief systems as hue and brightness are in colors.

Conflate no but correlate yes.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608001013

Atheists score 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions.

Thread
08-01-2013, 05:50 AM
They always end up doing the bell & steeple shuffle. Just to hedge their sins & risk.

jag
08-01-2013, 07:55 AM
My boy DoK rocking that 3-inch inseam, no shoes and a Jewfro.

Chinook
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Conflate no but correlate yes.

Let's just say that I find that article to be unconvincing for a more few reasons. I only read the abstract, though, so perhaps the actual data looks better.

monosylab1k
08-01-2013, 11:27 AM

:lmao

not since mogrovejo has a poster on this site been so eager to jerk off to his own quasi-intellect in front of the forum at every opportunity.

Splits
08-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I was talking to my aunt the other day, she's a total Holocaust denier. She couldnt believe something so terrible could happen Then I explained the customs and traditions of the Jews, and now she can't believe it only happened once

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2013, 06:53 PM
My boy DoK rocking that 3-inch inseam, no shoes and a Jewfro.

I've lost quite a bit of weight since the picture FkLA found of me, tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2013, 06:54 PM

not since mogrovejo has a poster on this site been so eager to jerk off to his own quasi-intellect in front of the forum at every opportunity.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Let's just say that I find that article to be unconvincing for a more few reasons. I only read the abstract, though, so perhaps the actual data looks better.

That was just the first one that was pulled up on a google scholar search. It correlated IQ scores and religious identification. If you want to say self selection is bad then fine but it is what it is.

Here is another

We find that in a sample of 137 countries the correlation between national IQ and disbelief in God is 0.60.

Now you can find a study trying to discredit these multiple studies but OTOH you cannot find something that says the reverse. Bottomline is there is compelling evidence that there is an inverse relationship in what we measure as cognitive intelligence and religiosity. Obviously, a religious person is going to believe what they want to believe anyway. It's just how it works.

jag
08-02-2013, 09:10 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mitt-Romney-Laughing.gif