PDA

View Full Version : Posting articles on Spurstalk.com

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
This is a question to the knowledgeable ones on the forum about internet copyrights/legal/technical issues. It may have been asked before.

One site that I have always visited is Texags.com. I don't really go on the forums there, but they have them. The main reason I go there is they post every article written nationwide that has any content related to Texas A&M Athletics and/or general stories about the university. For all I know, Texas and other universities may have similar sites, but this one has been around for quite some time (I remember visiting it 1997-ish).

I am assuming that the resources to compile the lists of articles that they do requires some considerable overhead. It's just a format that I enjoy, and it allows me to see at a glance what is being said about my team across the country. It would be great to have such a site for Spurs-related articles, but I am supposing that it would require significant manpower to staff such a site. They do sell advertizing and it is a for-profit site.

Food for thought. :tu

Ginofan
07-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I haven't been to TexAgs in forever, but I do remember their article format, very nice feature.

MannyIsGod
07-20-2005, 11:08 AM
It really woudln't be all that hard. It would require one person with a couple of googlenews subscriptions to get any mention of San Antonio Spurs or Spurs in an article flagged and sent to them.

Then you'd post it.

However, I just find it easier to have a google news subscription.