PDA

View Full Version : Could MLB Teams Sue PED Offenders? Part I

ducks
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Could MLB Teams Sue PED Offenders? Part I

By Jeff Todd [August 1 at 8:05am CST]

In his Monday morning column, ESPN’s Buster Olney presented the possibility that MLB teams could look to use the traditional legal system -- rather than processes under the CBA -- to recoup salary paid (or owed to) players that are suspended for their involvement in the Biogenesis scandal. With the trade deadline over and Biogenesis squarely atop the agenda, it is worth taking a closer look at this suggestion.

Should any teams wish to pursue such an option, the first step would likely be to engage legal counsel for an evaluation of the possible claims that could be made, the risks and benefits involved, and a breakdown of how a hypothetical lawsuit might play out. I will sketch out some of these issues in three segments over the next few days. Click below to read the first part, an overview of the general considerations facing a team and its advisers in this situation.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Thread
08-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I wish they would. But, they know better, or, should. They're complicit in this whole mess. And Media as well. Only fan is pure and righteous. We knew. We pointed and called ass. And we were silenced and abused, dismissed, put at the back of the bus and gagged while the teams, players and Media ran wild, the cash coming in-in a tidal wave. Now only fan & player is left holding the bag. Or, so the teams and Media believe. Maybe not.

lefty
08-02-2013, 04:47 PM
They should sue Bud