PDA

View Full Version : People.living.in.their.parents.basements

InRareForm
08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/millennials-in-their-parents-basements/?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Last year, a record 36 percent of people 18 to 31 years old — roughly the age range of the generation nicknamed the millennials — were living in their parents’ homes

I. Hustle
08-01-2013, 03:57 PM
You're welcome

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116337

mrsmaalox
08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Damn, I. Hustle never gonna let this one die.

CuckingFunt
08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Damn, I. Hustle (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13442) never gonna let this one die.

Didn't click. ShagiaFrost scratching his face again?

Rogue
08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't see nothing wrong with living in parents' home. it's not just your "parents'" home, it's your home too. Its always a pleasure to have your parents backing you up when you're working hard in the pursuit for your dreams.

benefactor
08-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Got out of my parents house at 17 and had no desire to go back.

DJR210
08-02-2013, 04:41 AM
I don't see nothing wrong with living in parents' home. it's not just your "parents'" home, it's your home too. Its always a pleasure to have your parents backing you up when you're working hard in the pursuit for your dreams.

Yes, but not at 25.

Thread
08-02-2013, 07:38 AM
- "I would give anything I own,
Give up my life, my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again.
Just to touch you once again"

- David Gates

I. Hustle
08-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Damn, I. Hustle never gonna let this one die.

It just reminded me.

DMC
08-02-2013, 01:08 PM

- David Gates

Is this you talking to your penis?

apalisoc_9
08-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes, but not at 25.

Putting a number on how long you you need to stay with your old folks is dumb as phuck. The biggest mistake I ever did was fall into pressure thinking that at 18 you need to GTFO. Would have saved a lot of money if I wasn't such a dumbass. I just turned 22, back with my old folks and hoping this business I set up does well enough so I can afford my own house and not have to rent apartments.

I'll probably still be with my old folks by time time I'm 25.

I've met 25-28 med school students still living with their old folks. Very practical tbh.

It's only bad if you have your own family and still living with the old folks..that or you're 35 yer old fat leech

apalisoc_9
08-02-2013, 01:19 PM

- David Gates

You miss your kids?

Creepn
08-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I dunno, people should have developed the desire to get their own place at least 1-3 years after high school. It should come naturally by wanting women, freedom, privacy, and respect. I do miss my momma washing and folding my clothes though.

I totally understand med students staying at their parent's house. That should be the #1 choice for med students imo.

DJR210
08-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Putting a number on how long you you need to stay with your old folks is dumb as phuck. The biggest mistake I ever did was fall into pressure thinking that at 18 you need to GTFO. Would have saved a lot of money if I wasn't such a dumbass. I just turned 22, back with my old folks and hoping this business I set up does well enough so I can afford my own house and not have to rent apartments.

I'll probably still be with my old folks by time time I'm 25.

I've met 25-28 med school students still living with their old folks. Very practical tbh.

It's only bad if you have your own family and still living with the old folks..that or you're 35 yer old fat leech

Good luck with that bro. Bringing home women to moms house at 25 isn't a good look.

DisAsTerBot
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
uh yeah, done with school gtfo

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Never went home after I finished high school. Bought my first house (brand new 4 bedroom) when I was 23. Rented rooms to two other single friends to almost pay the note.

Chief Brody
08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Never went home after I finished high school. Bought my first house (brand new 4 bedroom) when I was 23. Rented rooms to two other single friends to almost pay the note.
How old were you when you bought your first slave?

Thread
08-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Is this you talking to your penis?

Mother & Father.

apalisoc_9
08-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Good luck with that bro. Bringing home women to moms house at 25 isn't a good look.

Are you 18?

Are you not able to fuck at their place? I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, heck if you have the money go for it. I just find this culture of needing to GTFO after highschool too much... It's all good if you can and have the money. It's all good when you don't need to spend that much in college. heck in the 90's it would probably have been the best for everyone..But school is getting more and more expensive by the day.

You gotta think more about it rather than thinking about Sex.

The reality is that, not everyone is going to end up like cosmiccowboy and build a successful business..Most kids nowadays are too stupid to even leave by their own anyway.

DJR210
08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Are you 18?

Are you not able to fuck at their place? I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, heck if you have the money go for it. I just find this culture of needing to GTFO after highschool too much... It's all good if you can and have the money. It's all good when you don't need to spend that much in college. heck in the 90's it would probably have been the best for everyone..But school is getting more and more expensive by the day.

You gotta think more about it rather than thinking about Sex.

The reality is that, not everyone is going to end up like cosmiccowboy and build a successful business..Most kids nowadays are too stupid to even leave by their own anyway.

Not 18, and it's not only about sex, but that is a big part of it. It just feels good to have your own place and not have to answer to anybody. I don't think you need to leave immediately after high school, I think 21-22 is the perfect age to leave the nest. By this time you should be fed up w/ listening to parents complain about you living there anyway.

Capt Bringdown
08-02-2013, 05:24 PM
In many if not most parts of the world, the kids stick around until they're married.

Rogue
08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm a lifelong celibate who wants no pussy and needn't no privacy (spurstalk is my only privacy though, my parents have no idea what im posting on spurstalk) so there's no problem for me to live with parents, I see general guys' motives to move outside though. They want their own private places so they can fuck their bitches and do whatever stuffs they like but I've never been that type of guy. I was educated to be a good kid and all the schools I've attended are top-tiers at least in my hometown. School doesn't "encourage" us to date the opposite sex which I've taken as a rule of gold that I've always been abiding by.

I just don't wanna grow up

when I'm lying in my bed at night, I don't wanna grow up
nothing ever seems to turn out right, I don't wanna grow up
how do you move in a world of fog that's always changing things
makes me wish that i could be a dog
when I see the price you pay, I don't wanna grow up
I don't ever wanna be that way, I don't wanna grow up

seems like folks turn into things that they never want
the only thing to live for is today...

when I see the 5 o'clock news I don't wanna grow up
comb their hair and shine their shoes, I don't wanna grow up
stay here in my old home town
I dont wanna put my money down
I dont wanna get me a big old loan
work them fingers to the bone
I don't wanna float a broom
fall in love and get married then boom
how the hell did it get here so soon...

I... don't wanna grow up.

- Scarlett Johansson

DPG21920
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
For stable families this is a great option in many cases. If you have parents in your life and an opportunity to pursue dreams, save money and become financially secure while not draining them, more people should have the discipline to do this IMO.

Not just this, but having roommates & living modestly.

UZER
08-03-2013, 05:52 PM
How old were you when you bought your first slave?

:lol

I was out by 19. My Dad was gonna make me pay rent anyway so I said eff it. If I'm gonna pay, it'll be for my own place without curfews.