PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kawhi Leonard think he's going to be a superstar..Not an All-star..But a Superstar!!

apalisoc_9
08-01-2013, 04:52 PM
It feels Good having another young superstar...:hat

lefty
08-01-2013, 04:54 PM
But he missed that FT in game 6

Buddy Mignon
08-01-2013, 04:56 PM
The lil nigga must read Spurstalk. Well... since he's obviously talking to me... I have news for Kahwi... it ain't in ya genes, kid. You've almost peaked. And you ain't never sniffing a title. I'm just saying.

Phillip
08-01-2013, 05:01 PM
LOL superstar

AchillesHeel
08-01-2013, 05:19 PM
The lil nigga must read Spurstalk. Well... since he's obviously talking to me... I have news for Kahwi... it ain't in ya genes, kid. You've almost peaked. And you ain't never sniffing a title. I'm just saying.

lol he just sniffed 6

Rogue
08-01-2013, 06:33 PM
borderline superstar at finest. Dude's skillset is limited and I think his ceiling is just as high as the best Josh Howard. The 05-07 smokey was a legit superstar imho, but you never expect him to play at a similar level to the prime Pierce, let alone Lebron. You can't train a dog to pull a wagon imho

cheguevara
08-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm sure 45% of NBA players truly believe they can be superstars. Don't get me wrong, 100% thought this at some point in their lives, but I'm talking about seriously believe it after they have experienced a couple of NBA years.

that don't mean shit.

Kawhi's progress has been on point, but reaching the next level, which for him is near-Allstar is tough. Probably doable, but then reaching the Allstar Level will be even tougher.

not to mention the next levels after that:
- perennial allstar
- near superstar
- superstar

about 1 millions miles to go. And in that Porche Panamera, things don't look 100% :lol

Suspect
08-01-2013, 07:11 PM
The lil nigga must read Spurstalk.
My friend said he saw Kawhi at a club in Stone Oak and said he is actually pretty tall/swole lol

TDMVPDPOY
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
only chance of that happening is 3tosb defer or retire

slick'81
08-01-2013, 07:19 PM
I just want him to surpass manu and be inducted into the big3

KL2
08-01-2013, 07:27 PM
All you really need to be a superstar these days is the green light to chuck and protection from the refs tbh, you have those two things and you're good.

Leetonidas
08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I didn't say that at all tbh he said his dream is to be an NBA superstar

Rogue
08-01-2013, 10:00 PM
It's no sin when you dream imho. I dream of becoming a celebrity of my goddess's caliber or something similar but I'm well aware that it ain't happing, ever. I also dream of making friend with my goddess but I know that ain't gonna come true either. They won't even spit on me to save my life :cry

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
With any sport, you get out what you put in, and damn does he put a lot in. I hope so.

whitemamba
08-01-2013, 10:20 PM
It feels Good having another young superstar...:hat

http://i.minus.com/iAF3giPSbOFcu.gif

Thread
08-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm just grateful he missed that FT.

An injury to the lower extremities now would be most welcome. I want to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Katherine Robinson
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
He is a system player, as are most Spur players. So long as Gregg coaches, he will rise.

Chinook
08-01-2013, 11:58 PM
borderline superstar at finest. Dude's skillset is limited and I think his ceiling is just as high as the best Josh Howard. The 05-07 smokey was a legit superstar imho, but you never expect him to play at a similar level to the prime Pierce, let alone Lebron. You can't train a dog to pull a wagon imho

Well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZlXquqU8g

spurraider21
08-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Thread seems to know whats up. The kid is legit, and he's still "a deer learning to walk" as Pop put it. Was going head to head against freakin LeBron on the finals and over 7 games averaged 14.6 points, 11.1 rebounds, 51.3% shooting, and 2 steals per game. On the biggest stage. VS the best player in the world. At age 21. He's going to be a good one, guys.

Vash StampedE
08-02-2013, 12:27 AM
You saying but you hating

Samuel Eto'o
08-02-2013, 12:32 AM
You saying but you hating

Well said.

Arnold Toht
08-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Floor: Josh Howard
Ceiling: Shawn Marion

TDMVPDPOY
08-02-2013, 01:13 AM
clown needs to make that next step if he wants to start his next contract negotiation at 30% of salary cap instead of the usual 25% for non allstar calibre, allnba/defensive player....

dude is clearly thinking ahead, nothing wrong with that...

Rogue
08-02-2013, 01:15 AM
It's only the distance from one side of a piece of paper to the other between the best Josh Howard and prime Shawn imho. There were even debates around 05-07 about who was the #1 of this team, Dirk or Josh, while Marion has been nothing greater than a glorified role player imho. Only thing that made Marion look somewhat like a superstar back then was his salary

KaiRMD1
08-02-2013, 03:34 AM
With the proper dedication and concentration, the ol' sport can perhaps reach that peninsula. Now for him to become a superstar, he has to go to another team. After all, neither one of the big three ever considered superstars and mainly because they play in San Antonio

whitemamba
08-02-2013, 03:41 AM
He is a system player, as are most Spur players. So long as Gregg coaches, he will rise.

this

Thread
08-02-2013, 07:27 AM
After all, neither one of the big three ever considered superstars and mainly because they play in San Antonio

& are under the supervision & protection of Media. Only one x 3 of the big three can shit a bed like 6 & 7 and live to not tell.

Arnold Toht
08-02-2013, 07:38 AM
& are under the supervision & protection of Media. Only one x 3 of the big three can shit a bed like 6 & 7 and live to not tell.

td4mvp2k
08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
LOL superstarlol finals

Bill_Brasky
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM

He is already better than both of those players.

Arnold Toht
08-02-2013, 09:39 AM
He is already better than both of those players.

Except Marion beat James in the Final.

Bill_Brasky
08-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Except Marion beat James in the Final.

Way to be intellectually honest.

Arnold Toht
08-02-2013, 09:47 AM
http://totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fba241eca6a2d4fd4fbf4c7c221f45102035128417.png

Bill_Brasky
08-02-2013, 09:48 AM
That's telling me.

JamStone
08-02-2013, 09:53 AM
The one trait I see from most superstars, specifically from perimeter scoring wing players, is the one-on-one scoring ability. Kawhi can drop 20-25 points on any given night if he's feeling it, but can he do it on a night in, night out basis, being the primary scorer and focal point of the defense? I don't know. I haven't watched enough of him to determine that. It's hard to become a superstar being merely a "good" offensive player but also being an outstanding defender, unless you're a defensive center who is good enough to be a 20 point scorer.

Whether Kawhi will be able to reach the status of "superstardom" or anywhere close to that I believe depends on him showing that one-on-one scoring ability and the ability to carry an offense by himself. It's one thing to average an efficient 13-15 points (what I would say he probably projects to average next season) as a third or fourth option on a good team. It's something entirely different to put up 20+ points every night as the primary scorer of a team. I don't know that Kawhi has that type of ability. He may, but it's hard to say right now.

Arnold Toht
08-02-2013, 09:54 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/12/shawn-marion-championship-belt.jpg

Now shut your fucking mouth.

Bill_Brasky
08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Now shut your fucking mouth.
My mouth was never open seeing as how i'm typing, shit boy. We aren't all slack jawed mouth breathers like you.

TDMVPDPOY
08-02-2013, 09:58 AM
The one trait I see from most superstars, specifically from perimeter scoring wing players, is the one-on-one scoring ability. Kawhi can drop 20-25 points on any given night if he's feeling it, but can he do it on a night in, night out basis, being the primary scorer and focal point of the defense? I don't know. I haven't watched enough of him to determine that. It's hard to become a superstar being merely a "good" offensive player but also being an outstanding defender, unless you're a defensive center who is good enough to be a 20 point scorer.

Whether Kawhi will be able to reach the status of "superstardom" or anywhere close to that I believe depends on him showing that one-on-one scoring ability and the ability to carry an offense by himself. It's one thing to average an efficient 13-15 points (what I would say he probably projects to average next season) as a third or fourth option on a good team. It's something entirely different to put up 20+ points every night as the primary scorer of a team. I don't know that Kawhi has that type of ability. He may, but it's hard to say right now.

it depends, are we talkin about winning games or not? cause anyone can go hero mode for their own personal stats and dont give a shit about the over team objective is the WIN...

he was the goto guy on his college team, i see he has no problem performing that role on the spurs, but his role currently now is spot up shooter behind the 3 TOSB limiting what he can actually do to help out more when outside of the big3 every other player is just to 1 dimensional on a particular skillset that overlaps the weakness of another player....

Rogue
08-02-2013, 10:27 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/12/shawn-marion-championship-belt.jpg

that championship belt ain't his though. shit belonged to big daddy Tyson

JamStone
08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
it depends, are we talkin about winning games or not? cause anyone can go hero mode for their own personal stats and dont give a shit about the over team objective is the WIN...

he was the goto guy on his college team, i see he has no problem performing that role on the spurs, but his role currently now is spot up shooter behind the 3 TOSB limiting what he can actually do to help out more when outside of the big3 every other player is just to 1 dimensional on a particular skillset that overlaps the weakness of another player....

Yeah, doing it on winning teams is definitely a factor. Not a make-or-break factor, but definitely a consideration. Carrying an offense for a lottery team can be like Corey Maggette on the Clippers or Kevin Martin on the Kings when they were putting up big scoring seasons. But even beyond any threshold scoring number, it's about a guy's ability to go out and score when he needs to score. Like 4th quarter of a close game and someone needs to step up and take over the game offensively. It's not just merely averaging 20+ points or shooting a high percentage. It's scoring when you need to score to help your team win. It's the other team knowing you're trying to score every time and defending you as such and still not being able to stop you. It's having your shots not falling but still finding a way to score by either getting to the bucket and scoring or getting to the free throw line or fighting for offensive rebounds. It's realizing the entire opposing defense is collapsing and getting teammates wide open looks. Or it's being double or triple teamed and still having the ability to get a shot off and score. It's the team down by 1 point in the final seconds and you need a bucket and you're the guy who's going to deliver. Things like that are what in my opinion help prove and support a guy is a superstar talent. I mean, there are guys who have that one-on-one scoring ability and are also clutch but aren't superstars. Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith have that type of ability but they aren't superstars. But it seems the the superstars from the wing position all have that ability too. It alone doesn't make you a superstar, but it's like a prerequisite.

I don't think of guys who are stud defenders but only solid to pretty good offensive players as superstars. Kawhi has the look of guys like Shawn Marion, Ron Artest, Gerald Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Jefferson. I'm not suggesting his game is identical to any of those players, but that his talent is in that tier and caliber of talent at the SF position. Athletically gifted and/or defensively superior, and good but not great offensively, more secondary option on offense than a primary scorer. That's why I say he needs to prove more offensively in order to step towards superstardom. He's not going to be a superstar averaging 12 points a game, not even 15 points a game.

Being a go to guy in a college offense isn't very telling. There are plenty of examples of go-to guys in college who end up being role players in the nba or don't even make it. And it's not like he was putting up gaudy scoring numbers at SDSU. As a "go-to" guy, he averaged about 14 points and right around 45% from the field his two years in college. Not exactly hardcore evidence he could be a 20+ point scoring superstar in the NBA.

Buddy Mignon
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
He won't be as good as any of those guys. Like I said... if he works his ass of he could reach the level of a Prince but not better. Spurs fans should be happy with that and shut the fuck up about this average roll player.

Rogue
08-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Dude can be a borderline superstar, or a multi-time all-star as well if he moves to a bigger market (like Houston, the fans would vote you straightly in). He ain't gonna be a Pierce-caliber SF but he will be as good as the prime Josh Howard imho, in fact he's already playing close to that level.

SpursDynasty21
08-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Kawhi Leonard is becoming a star player. He is the future of the Spurs, and eventually I think he will become the Spurs main scoring option. That will prove that he is more than just a system player, and that he is a star player in the NBA.

Buddy Mignon
08-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Kawhi Leonard is becoming a star player. He is the future of the Spurs, and eventually I think he will become the Spurs main scoring option. That will prove that he is more than just a system player, and that he is a star player in the NBA.

I hope your GM thinks the same.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Kid is getting there...

midnightpulp
04-08-2015, 07:05 PM
:lol Lakaluva

100%duncan
04-09-2015, 12:27 AM
LOL superstar

LOL

apalisoc_9
04-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Kawhi, you are a superstar..

midnightpulp
04-24-2015, 11:18 PM
He's arrived. DPOY and is dominating both ends in the playoffs.

Clipper Nation
04-24-2015, 11:19 PM
:lmao All those fucking faggots upstairs who hate Kawhi

spurraider21
04-24-2015, 11:22 PM
:lmao naruto
:lmao pleb

stxspurs
04-24-2015, 11:29 PM

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha