PDA

View Full Version : Homers vs. Haters

HemisfairArena
08-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Now this is great entertainment on this site. Greg Oden signs with the Heat for 1 mil/yr...and posters on here say he is a broken player....but we sign a broken 36 yr old SG to 7 mil/yr and everyone says its a great signing. We sign a center who averages 10 and 6 to a 9 mil/yr contract...the Clippers sign a center averaging the same(Mullins) to a 1 mil/yr contract...and we still think that we made a great signing and the Clippers made a bad one. Its getting ridiculous. Maybe we can sign Tracy McGrady for 3 mil/yr also and really make things happen.(sarcasm) Our off-season has been a joke...only positive has been getting the kid from Chicago...Belinelli.

spurraider21
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM
:lol Byron Mullens

Juggity
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Greg Oden literally has not played in 3 years due to chronic, anatomy-related injuries. He is a broken player and I would be surprised to see him make it through two months of the season even playing a 3rd string C role and less than 10 minutes/game.

PlayNando
08-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Now this is great entertainment on this site. Greg Oden signs with the Heat for 1 mil/yr...and posters on here say he is a broken player....but we sign a broken 36 yr old SG to 7 mil/yr and everyone says its a great signing. We sign a center who averages 10 and 6 to a 9 mil/yr contract...the Clippers sign a center averaging the same(Mullins) to a 1 mil/yr contract...and we still think that we made a great signing and the Clippers made a bad one. Its getting ridiculous. Maybe we can sign Tracy McGrady for 3 mil/yr also and really make things happen.(sarcasm) Our off-season has been a joke...only positive has been getting the kid from Chicago...Belinelli.
Pathetic take is pathetic, tbh! :lol

spurraider21
08-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I know its off topic, but... What % is a majority, tbh?

RD2191
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
:wakeup

Chinook
08-02-2013, 10:58 PM
According to per 36 numbers, Ginobili is still at his peak, since his stats are pretty much equal to his career average. In fact, since he had more assists than his career average, he was actually above his ceiling as a passer. Fancy that.

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Hemisfair Arena was poverty ass fuck. I can't believe the city of San Antonio let the Spurs play in that shit hole.

SBC/At&t center>>>>>>>

Anyways back to the OP question.

Manu was under payed his whole career. Im glad he got his money even after 6.

And Tiago gets payed because since he's been starting the last 2 years, the Spurs have gone to the WCF and Finals. Without him the Spurs never win a game in the second round since 2009.

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhV_5ifoMA

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3eGsghGoI

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Prkg53Ag0

Juggity
08-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Hemisfair Arena was poverty ass fuck. I can't believe the city of San Antonio let the Spurs play in that shit hole.

SBC/At&t center>>>>>>>

At least the Hemisfair arena was the right size for a basketball arena even if it was built for the 68 world's fair.

:lol alamodome
:lol built for a pro football team that never came
:lol huge black curtain to cover up the fact that it wasn't made for basketball
:lol being replaced 10 years after opening and being empty for 90% of the time since then
:lol made into the AT&T center's bitch

anakha
08-02-2013, 11:25 PM
lol majority owner
lol peak=average
lol Mullens

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:31 PM
We sign a center who averages 10 and 6 to a 9 mil/yr contract...the Clippers sign a center averaging the same(Mullins) to a 1 mil/yr contract...and we still think that we made a great signing and the Clippers made a bad one. Its getting ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC5vNdmB36A

dallasmaverickslose
08-02-2013, 11:39 PM

0.5/10

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:40 PM
:lol alamodome
:lol built for a pro football team that never came
:lol huge black curtain to cover up the fact that it wasn't made for basketball
:lol being replaced 10 years after opening and being empty for 90% of the time since then
:lol made into the AT&T center's bitch

So we gonna act like 1999 never happen? Nah man you never forget your 1st.

Back to the thread topic tho.

We sign a center who averages 10 and 6 to a 9 mil/yr contract...the Clippers sign a center averaging the same(Mullins) to a 1 mil/yr contract...and we still think that we made a great signing and the Clippers made a bad one. i.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wHU02bxuQI

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:42 PM
We sign a center who averages 10 and 6 to a 9 mil/yr contract...the Clippers sign a center averaging the same(Mullins) to a 1 mil/yr contract...and we still think that we made a great signing and the Clippers made a bad one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lST-Jw1aYGI

spurraider21
08-02-2013, 11:44 PM
OG Kool

Kool Bob Love
08-02-2013, 11:52 PM
spurraider21 with the alley-oop assist. :toast

His ":lol Byron Mullens" post shut this thread DOWN from the get go.

skulls138
08-03-2013, 12:22 AM
I thought you were going to interject some irony in that with the Heat he is damaged goods but if he were to come to the Spurs, he was the one who was drafted before Durant.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Motherfucker still can't spell his name right.

Is this a shtick?

purist
08-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Proud to be a homer. I root fort team; I don't tear it down.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Whatever the case with over or under signing players, and bringing in better or worse players, IMHO the Spurs don't get as far this year as they did last year. Too much is dependent on luck with injuries and the core is older now, slowing down a bit, while the rest of the league is getting younger and better. I think the same can be said for the other Western usual contenders like L. A., OKC, and the Mavs. It might be better to tank this year to get a higher draft pick.

dbestpro
08-03-2013, 08:27 AM
The problem is there has been no relief from the bad decisions of Spurs personnel that began with 30 seconds left in game six, and continue through the off season. Just one good decision that could provide a little hope would do wonders. Perhaps a backup SF with some credibility would be nice.

Clipper Nation
08-03-2013, 09:17 AM
:lmao Thinking Mullens is better than Splitter

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Whatever the case with over or under signing players, and bringing in better or worse players, IMHO the Spurs don't get as far this year as they did last year. Too much is dependent on luck with injuries and the core is older now, slowing down a bit, while the rest of the league is getting younger and better. I think the same can be said for the other Western usual contenders like L. A., OKC, and the Mavs. It might be better to tank this year to get a higher draft pick.Wow. This is the best comment that I've read from you. Is it possible that you finally removed those Spurs goggles? Whatever it is, props to you. Congrats.
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10023&d=1372168672&thumb=1

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, consider, the only two players available that IMHO would have been upgrades (AK47 & Odin) decided for whatever reasons to go somewhere else.
It is what it is.
I really don't see anyone else out there available who can make an impact.
Trade maybe? Yeah, they could do that, but I seriously doubt they could do one without weakening the team as it already is.
And I can't realistically see them getting as far as they did in 2013, in 2014 with an older more injury prone team unless they are extremely lucky, and even so, with a bunch of Western Conference teams improving as well as being younger, and with Miami having improved especially if Oden stays injury free and makes an impact, then the Spurs won't get very far, all they will do is position themselves for a worse draft pick in next years draft.
However, they weren't supposed to get as far as they did this year either, so I suppose anything is possible.
I don't usually call for tanking, but I've heard this is going to be a loaded draft, thus I could easily suffer through a bad season in order to get another really good player before TD and Manu retire because it is painfully obvious no really good young player who can make an immediate impact is coming here via free agency. They just aren't smart enough to realize the advantages of doing it.
I've suffered through many bad seasons with this team over the years, the Alvin Robertson years come to mind, so I can easily do it again if need be.

purist
08-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I've still hot my spurs goggles on and I won't be taking them off as long as Peter holt remains majority owner and pop remains coach/GM (I realize rc has the GM title, but in reality pop pulls all the strings).

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Well, consider, the only two players available that IMHO would have been upgrades (AK47 & Odin) decided for whatever reasons to go somewhere else.
It is what it is.
Trade maybe? Yeah, they could do that, but I seriously doubt they could do one without weakening the team as it already is.
And I can't realistically see them getting as far as they did in 2013, in 2014 with an older more injury prone team unless they are extremely lucky, and even so, with a bunch of Western Conference teams improving as well as being younger, and with Miami having improved especially if Oden stays injury free and makes an impact, then the Spurs won't get very far, all they will do is position themselves for a worse draft pick in next years draft.
However, they weren't supposed to get as far as they did this year either, so I suppose anything is possible.
I don't usually call for tanking, but I've heard this is going to be a loaded draft, thus I could easily suffer through a bad season in order to get another really good player before TD and Manu retire because it is painfully obvious no really good young player who can make an immediate impact is coming here via free agency. They just aren't smart enough to realize the advantages of doing it.Good points. This is how I've felt for the past six years. This is what I've been trying to convey this whole time but everyone keeps calling me a troll. I don't know if this realist attitude of yours is temporary or not but enjoy it while it lasts.

I'll be honest, last year's offseason I didn't expect the Spurs to get to reach the NBA Finals but as the season progressed and witnessed how Tim Duncan turned back the clock once again (even better than 2012-2013 cause his defense was outstanding) I realized that the Spurs were gonna have a good year. The stars were aligned for us when the Russell Westbrook injury happened, the Lakers somehow ended up in the 7th seed so that we can sweep them thus avoiding the Rockets, Manu's "breakfast shot" against GSW, and then we sweep Memphis with two close OT wins.

Spurs had that championship luck this year to win it all but Pop and Manu had to fuck it all up by majority in Game 6.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 10:51 AM
About the only thing we seriously disagree on is your continual bashing of Pop and Manu rather than seeing any other mistakes that contributed to their loss, to the point of trying to ram it down our throats. We read it the first time and would have respected your opinion then, but after the hundredth time over and over again the same old thing, well, frankly it gets old, tiresome, redundant,and basically just trollish!
It doesn't really matter what your reasons were, over dramatic, passionate, what have you, the point is you had your opinion and stated it, and to do it over and over and over again and again and again (see my point?) in every single thread no matter what the subject matter was, got extremely irritating.
No offense was ever meant until you started with the BS unreasonable labeling and name calling, which btw further weakened your opinion IMHO. It came across as just bitching and whining almost as bad as kobyz!

By the way, I expect to encounter a bit of bashing since I called for tanking. I've been on both sides of that issue over the years.:hat

And your in your last sentence IMHO you should have just let it end before you added the "but . . . ." part, we've heard it a million times from you already, and you made your point the first time, it would have been more credible that way, a word to the wise.:hat

exstatic
08-03-2013, 11:01 AM
It is what it is.
I don't usually call for tanking, but I've heard this is going to be a loaded draft, thus I could easily suffer through a bad season in order to get another really good player before TD and Manu retire because it is painfully obvious no really good young player who can make an immediate impact is coming here via free agency. They just aren't smart enough to realize the advantages of doing it.
I've suffered through many bad seasons with this team over the years, the Alvin Robertson years come to mind, so I can easily do it again if need be.

You can stop RIGHT THERE. Of the Spurs 36 NBA seasons, they've made the playoffs 32 times. There aren't "many bad seasons" to be found in their NBA history.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
You can stop RIGHT THERE. Of the Spurs 36 NBA seasons, they've made the playoffs 32 times. There aren't "many bad seasons" to be found in their NBA history.

What the ABA days, did you forget about that? I didn't, I followed them then just as fervently!

Sean Cagney
08-03-2013, 12:34 PM
According to per 36 numbers, Ginobili is still at his peak, since his stats are pretty much equal to his career average. In fact, since he had more assists than his career average, he was actually above his ceiling as a passer. Fancy that.Thats hardly why I ever look at that per stat to evaluate a player :lol. I just go by the averages usually and shooting % etc.

elemento
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
My feeling is that there's a 3rd category here in ST right now. The Front-Office protectors.

There's always an excuse or and explanation to rationalize San Antonio's FO moves, even though it's more than clear that some of the moves sucked.

Overall there were more positive moves than negative moves, but I find it unbelievable that some posters try to give a "holy aura" to everything the FO has made, even though some of the moves were flat out bad.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Makes you wonder though, if the Spurs are considered to have one of the best, if not The best, FO in all of sports, then what does that say about the other FOs?

Man In Black
08-03-2013, 01:03 PM
What the ABA days, did you forget about that? I didn't, I followed them then just as fervently!
Just to be honest...There aren't many bad seasons there either.

The Spurs started out life as the Dallas Chaparrals and in their entire existence in the ABA as either the Dallas Chaparrals, one season the played as the Texas Chaparrals, and finally, as the San Antonio Spurs...they've only missed the playoffs TWICE. So from 1967-1976 they played .500 or better every season except for 2. The lone season they played as the Texas Chaps and then 1 bad season in Dallas. That's it and that's all.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 01:10 PM
If that's the case, then how did they end up in the lottery so many times, they DRob, Sean at #3, and TD? They got Alvin Robertson one year too, but that was not a high pick if I am not mistaken.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2013, 01:17 PM
If that's the case, then how did they end up in the lottery so many times, they DRob, Sean at #3, and TD? They got Alvin Robertson one year too, but that was not a high pick if I am not mistaken.I count four non-playoff seasons in the NBA.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 01:21 PM
And I forget how they used to do it before the lottery.
Also I'm not sure what the ABA did either, but I do remember that The Spurs weren't in every playoff, especially during the Robertson years.

Mel_13
08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
And I forget how they used to do it before the lottery.
Also I'm not sure what the ABA did either, but I do remember that The Spurs weren't in every playoff, especially during the Robertson years.

fyi

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 01:32 PM
fyi

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/

Thanks, that really helped. So they missed 6 playoff appearances. That is pretty good actually.

Mel_13
08-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks, that really helped. So they missed 6 playoff appearances. That is pretty good actually.

Actually just 5 out of 46. They get 47 total seasons by counting 2013-14.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Actually just 5 out of 46. They get 47 total seasons by counting 2013-14.

Ok, then it is five. I can name 4 major draft choices in Robertson, Robinson, Elliott, and Duncan. Who was he 5th, or did they trade it away?

Mel_13
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Ok, then it is five. I can name 4 major draft choices in Robertson, Robinson, Elliott, and Duncan. Who was he 5th, or did they trade it away?

Those 4 are their only NBA lottery picks. (Actually, Robertson was picked in the last draft before the lottery started in 1985)

The 5th was in 1973 in the ABA.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/draft/draftyear.htm?yr=1973&lg=A

spurraider21
08-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Anybody calling for us to tank is losing it. We are entering the final 2 seasons (probably) of Tim Duncan's career and you want to waste one of those tanking after our team was oh so close from winning a year ago? Lame idea. Okc is weaker. The only teams that have gotten better are Houston and golden state out west. We can still beat those guys in a 7 game series imo

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Can't figure out what they did in 1973, no one of significance that I can see. Somehow we eventually ended up with Larry Kenon, but didn't draft him that year. I notice Allan Bristow, Mike D'Antoni, ML Carr, George Karl, and Caldwell Jones, but the ABA was competing with the NBA and some players went to one league and others to the other league.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Anybody calling for us to tank is losing it. We are entering the final 2 seasons (probably) of Tim Duncan's career and you want to waste one of those tanking after our team was oh so close from winning a year ago? Lame idea. Okc is weaker. The only teams that have gotten better are Houston and golden state out west. We can still beat those guys in a 7 game series imo

Don't really blame you for bashing me for calling for tanking, like I said, I've been on both sides of that issue before, but the logic being in order to get a really really good player to go with TD in his last year, if indeed it is his last year.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Tanking?

spurfan is hilarious.

RD2191
08-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Who the hell said we should tank? LOL

spurraider21
08-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Don't really blame you for bashing me for calling for tanking, like I said, I've been on both sides of that issue before, but the logic being in order to get a really really good player to go with TD in his last year, if indeed it is his last year.
So if Tim has 2 years left we should waste one of them as he gets another year older with the hopes that we do worse than the bobcats and suns so we can get lucky enough to land a top 2 pick and hope that in their rookie seasons they can be an integral championship piece?

Heh

TE
08-03-2013, 02:25 PM
lolol xmas1997 probably wants us to entertain the Wiggins sweepstakes tbh

Chinook
08-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Thats hardly why I ever look at that per stat to evaluate a player :lol. I just go by the averages usually and shooting % etc.

Making a joke about "peak=average" that ended up not being well-received. But per-minute stats are the best way to judge Spurs' players since almost every one of them has their minutes limited.

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM
So if Tim has 2 years left we should waste one of them as he gets another year older with the hopes that we do worse than the bobcats and suns so we can get lucky enough to land a top 2 pick and hope that in their rookie seasons they can be an integral championship piece?

Heh

Ok, grant you, it is a crazy, maybe even a ludicrous suggestion, I admit that right off.
But my reasoning is this: the chances got worse that they get as far as they did this year simply because they are now a year older with their core, the big three, thus more susceptible to injury, and thus an earlier out in the playoffs. And even if they manage to stave away the injury bug, they have tougher opponents in the West than they had last year, plus Miami got stronger who may represent the East, and if not them, then whoever is able to beat them would be formidable.
TD has two years remaining as we all know. I would like to at least give him the greatest chance to get a fifth ring.
Again, I don't blame anyone for criticizing me for saying we might want to tank.

Chinook
08-03-2013, 02:42 PM
The Spurs can't just "tank" for a year. They'd have to get rid of a number of their good players to be sufficiently bad. That means no Green, Parker, Splitter or Diaw. And it certainly means that Duncan can't play. Even a Joseph/Belinelli/Leonard/Bonner/Baynes lineup would be better than a couple of teams. They may have to get even worse than that.

And then, even if they draft a potential superstar, the Spurs would not be much of a position to compete the next year, since they'd have at best three championship-caliber players. And don't even try to bring up free agents in a scenario where the Spurs come of such a bad season.

spurraider21
08-03-2013, 02:43 PM
But do you legitimately believe the scenario I presented is our best shot of Tim getting #5?

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
The Spurs can't just "tank" for a year. They'd have to get rid of a number of their good players to be sufficiently bad. That means no Green, Parker, Splitter or Diaw. And it certainly means that Duncan can't play. Even a Joseph/Belinelli/Leonard/Bonner/Baynes lineup would be better than a couple of teams. They may have to get even worse than that.

And then, even if they draft a potential superstar, the Spurs would not be much of a position to compete the next year, since they'd have at best three championship-caliber players. And don't even try to bring up free agents in a scenario where the Spurs come of such a bad season.

Like I said it was ludicrous crazy idea. :lol

spurraider21
08-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Like I said it was ludicrous crazy idea. :lol

But do you legitimately believe the scenario I presented is our best shot of Tim getting #5?

xmas1997
08-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Heh

Lets just say it is possible. IMHO I don't think the odds favor us.
The odds were better last season and yet there they were challenging for the title so anything is possible.
But the Spurs are another year older now, thus more susceptible to injury, and they didn't get much better in the offseason in free agency, so a decline is not out of the question, while their main competition did get better, the Heat, and especially if Oden stays healthy and makes an impact.

spurraider21
08-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Our only offseason moves last summer were resigning Diaw, green, Duncan mills, and bringin in non factor de colo.

exstatic
08-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Our only offseason moves last summer were resigning Diaw, green, Duncan mills, and bringin in non factor de colo.

...and we advanced one notch in the playoffs.

Spurs fan is way too impatient. It's like he's some twisted version of Colangelo The Younger, or Isaiah Thomas, two of the worst GMs in history.

Skull-1
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Pure truth about Ginobili.

Skull-1
08-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Thats hardly why I ever look at that per stat to evaluate a player :lol. I just go by the averages usually and shooting % etc.

And how many times he throws the ball blindly to the other team. Also, there is not a stat for bad passes. Manu was way off to say the least. Hell, he could barely dribble...

ElNono
08-03-2013, 05:45 PM
:lol this thread

benefactor
08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
:lol this thread
I felt my brain leaking out of my ear more than once while reading. This place has hit an all time low.

ElNono
08-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I felt my brain leaking out of my ear more than once while reading. This place has hit an all time low.

I've been skipping right past the NASF posts... highly recommended, tbh...

Brazil
08-04-2013, 10:38 PM
I've been skipping right past the NASF posts... highly recommended, tbh...

Sup ElNono ? I just arrived in Buenos Aires, tomorrow some meetings before going to Cordoba for the rest of the week. You have stuff to recommend brah?

Skull-1
08-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Sup ElNono ? I just arrived in Buenos Aires, tomorrow some meetings before going to Cordoba for the rest of the week. You have stuff to recommend brah?

Glad to see some third world loser bragging about traveling to fourth world cities. Douchebag french loser.

ElNono
08-04-2013, 11:46 PM

Haven't been in a while, but hit up any steak house downtown, you won't be disappointed son... enjoy

Brazil
08-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Glad to see some third world loser bragging about traveling to fourth world cities. Douchebag french loser.

:lol looser for traveling
:lol third world trash

Brazil
08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Haven't been in a while, but hit up any steak house downtown, you won't be disappointed son... enjoy

Went to the bodega del fin del Mundo, great meat with a Rutini 96. Tomorrow Cordoba !

ElNono
08-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Went to the bodega del fin del Mundo, great meat with a Rutini 96. Tomorrow Cordoba !

Sounds like you had a good time... I'll check it out in my next trip... haven't visited much of Palermo Hollywood yet...

Skull-1
08-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Lamest places to go, tbh. What an a--clown.

Brazil
08-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Sounds like you had a good time... I'll check it out in my next trip... haven't visited much of Palermo Hollywood yet...

went also to La Boca, didn't see any nice drawings of Messi tbh, only Maradona... didn't find also a lot of Argentineans thinking that Messi > Maradona.
need to start eating salads... the parrilla is killing me brah