PDA

View Full Version : Don't waste your time at Cabelas

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I checked it out over lunch. It was solid assholes-to-elbows packed inside. For a 180,000 square foot showroom it sure seems like it wasn't nearly that big. You couldn't even walk through the aisles in the firearms section, there were literally solid people lining the rows. But here's my real beef: In a huge multi-million dollar store they couldn't stock a single pair of 14 E workboots (much less EEE, what I was looking for). You've got to be kidding me.

I guess I'm gonna have to kill a couple of calves myself and wear them on my feet. This is fucking bullshit. :cuss

SpursWoman
07-20-2005, 01:22 PM
That's in Buda, right?

07-20-2005, 01:27 PM
In a huge multi-million dollar store they couldn't stock a single pair of 14 E workboots (much less EEE, what I was looking for).

You look in the waterski area?

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
One of the brands they were carrying was Justin, and they used to make large sizes. I did some looking at their website (well, when it worked, anyway - it doesn't work half the time) and they only go to 12 in a most sizes. They used to go to 15, I had a pair! (Several, actually).

Well, I noticed the "Berkshire Hathaway" logo at the bottom of the page. That explains a lot. I guess Warren Buffet doesn't want to waste valuable floor time by actually catering to loyal customers. They also used to custom make boots in Ft. Worth in a matter of weeks; the site now says 90-120 DAYS to order a "custom" boot - not custom fitted to my foot, just a common size that they no longer stock!

:flipoff Warren Buffet! :bang

Marklar MM
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Storing items costs money...no business wants to waste money for a product to be stored. That is why when you buy shoes and such at the store for feet bigger than 14, it is rather hard to find a pair of shoes you like, and you resort to buying them online...ala me.

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Storing items costs money...no business wants to waste money for a product to be stored. That is why when you buy shoes and such at the store for feet bigger than 14, it is rather hard to find a pair of shoes you like, and you resort to buying them online...ala me.

If you find me a pair of Justin 14EEE slip-on workboot/Wellingtons with a single one-piece sole (or any sole for that matter) online or anywhere I'll buy you a beer! Where do you buy your boots? (Now, I can find dress shoes. I'm looking for common, everday f'ing workboots).

Edit: Cintas, the world's largest uniform company, doesn't even carry a size 14EEE boot slip-on boot of any kind or manufacture. It's a vast small-footed conspiracy. :lol

SpursWoman
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5358070133&category=63850

There's a size 14 W ... no EEE yet. I'll keep looking, I need a beer. :)

batman2883
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
You look in the waterski area?

Ted Nudget??

07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Nationalworkwear.com

SpursWoman
07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.sheplers.com/item.cfm?DI=050241&page=bootsearch

Cut your toenails and try those. :lol

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5358070133&category=63850

There's a size 14 W ... no EEE yet. I'll keep looking, I need a beer. :)

:lol I tried those (the only pair they had in the entire store larger than a 13... they are not the same as an E. Probably comparable to a D width. I'm looking for a EE or EEE.

AlamoSpursFan
07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Cabelas rocks!

That is my new favorite place on the planet.

There is one largemouth in that aquarium that is 20 pounds if it's an ounce!

If you don't want to go there anymore, that will thin out the herd by one. I'll be there every chance I get!

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Have you tried Red Wing? Similar boots and they go to 14EEE in several styles.

http://www.redwingshoe.com/search-results.cfm?searchType=advanced&x=6&y=17&vMens=Y&v11inchPullOn=Y&vSlipOn=Y&specialsize=Y

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Have you tried Red Wing? Similar boots and they go to 14EEE in several styles.

Yes, I currently have a pair of Redwings on their last legs (feet?) They don't fit very well, the toe box is the same width for a D as it is for a EEE. I really need a 14 but had to go with a 15 just so my toes wouldn't get smashed. They curled up at the ball of my foot because they are too long and look like shit.

Thanks to all of you for your help, but I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and have some made. Cabelas has been exonerated somewhat, it seems like the manufacturers have abandoned the size. Beers are still in order if we have another GTG soon!

mouse
07-20-2005, 03:06 PM
size 14-EEE? Dam I bet buying boxers that fit must be a bioch :lmao

thispego
07-20-2005, 03:18 PM
damn, if cabellas doesnt have it i dont know who will

I have some steel toe Worx(generic red wing?) they've served me well over the years. But I got those in Victoria.

mouse
07-20-2005, 03:20 PM
WTF is a work boot? :lmao

thispego
07-20-2005, 03:21 PM
haha, unemployed bastard :drunk

mouse
07-20-2005, 03:27 PM
haha, unemployed bastard :drunk

you call doing laundry and making sure I record the young and the restless being unemployed? not to mention having to post at many websites, That shits a lot of work my friend, I rather be at Kinkos with you.
:smokin

thispego
07-20-2005, 03:35 PM
:lol lol
man i dont know why i'm talking shit, i dont have a job either
i'm rapidly running out of funds though so i need to find one.

Duff McCartney
07-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I thought Cabelas was a restaurant.

AlamoSpursFan
07-20-2005, 04:09 PM
They HAVE a restaurant in there...

Sportcamper
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Redwing makes the best work boots & most comfortable hunting boots on the planet...They carry sizes up to 20 as I recall...

Size 15 is really not that large of a shoe size by today’s Sasquatch standards...My nephew wears size 17...

Good luck Big Foot... :smokin

http://www.pantheon.org/areas/gallery/folklore/folklore/sasquatch.jpg

T Park
07-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Wolverines make those sizes.

The Fusion sole is the BEST IMO sole in work shoes.

Wolverines VERY comfortable.

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Wolverines make those sizes.

I'll be damned. Wolverine NEVER made any boots larger than 13, so much so that I didn't ever consider them, but they have some listed on their website. I'll have to find somebody who has 'em - I learned long ago never to buy a pair boots without trying them on first. I am not familiar with them, mainly because I have never seen them above a 13.

tw05baller
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I checked it out over lunch. It was solid assholes-to-elbows packed inside. For a 180,000 square foot showroom it sure seems like it wasn't nearly that big. You couldn't even walk through the aisles in the firearms section, there were literally solid people lining the rows. But here's my real beef: In a huge multi-million dollar store they couldn't stock a single pair of 14 E workboots (much less EEE, what I was looking for). You've got to be kidding me.

I guess I'm gonna have to kill a couple of calves myself and wear them on my feet. This is fucking bullshit. :cuss

SWC, i bet u got fuckin sick of those little annoying pop corck gun like me. a couple of kids even hit me with it.

Shelly
07-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Redwing makes the best work boots & most comfortable hunting boots on the planet...They carry sizes up to 20 as I recall...

Size 15 is really not that large of a shoe size by today’s Sasquatch standards...My nephew wears size 17...

Good luck Big Foot... :smokin

http://www.pantheon.org/areas/gallery/folklore/folklore/sasquatch.jpg

:lol Sasquatch standards.

Ron Jeremy
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Wolverines make VERY comfortable.

You must wear the retractable ones :lmao

AlamoSpursFan
07-20-2005, 07:20 PM
SWC, i bet u got fuckin sick of those little annoying pop corck gun like me. a couple of kids even hit me with it.

Those were goddamn annoying! They even had a basket of them on the freaking stairs. I was going up there hoping to get AWAY from those effing things! And people were actually buying them at $9.99 a pop (so to speak).

Chevy Tahoe
07-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Holy shit, I just backfired. Your shoes are bigger than my radials!

Shelly
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Chevy Tahoe, you need some new shoes. You need spinners.

Chevy Tahoe
07-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm a Tahoe, not an Escalade!

Shelly
07-20-2005, 11:19 PM
A Tahoe can dream, can't it? Get some cheap knock-offs.

hunter-thereckoning
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
ya you can be like roe ellisors tahoe hahaha he has 24s

SequSpur
07-20-2005, 11:25 PM
We went to cabelas last Saturday, its a pretty cool store.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
We went to cabelas last Saturday, its a pretty cool store.

Did you get to ride in the shopping cart or did you have to hold onto it?

SequSpur
07-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Shopping Carts? Dude there were no shopping carts.

tw05baller
07-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Those were goddamn annoying! They even had a basket of them on the freaking stairs. I was going up there hoping to get AWAY from those effing things! And people were actually buying them at $9.99 a pop (so to speak).

dude, i found them laying around all over the store! people would carry them around popping and then set it down

ATJ2003
07-21-2005, 02:28 AM
I have not went to it yet. They recently opened one nearby where I live, and it was said on the news that much guns were stolen. Bad way to start the store!

Horry For 3!
07-21-2005, 02:53 AM
I have some size 14 boots but they're not work boots.

Useruser666
07-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Wolverine sucks. I had two soles on two different boots split right at the ball of my foot. Red Wing are very comfortable and VERY durable. I have spilt paint on mine, and the paint wore off BEFORE the boot did. You can get custom sizes made, and when your soles wear out, for about $44.00 they can resole them. Wear thick socks when first wearing boots like these.

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all of your input on this thread.

I hated the popper things, too. $10 bucks for a popper gun? That should have told me something right there. :lol

My boss brought me a Mason shoes catalog. They go EEE up to size 16, and EEEE to 14.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/1a.gif

Kickass.

Redwings are great boots. Unfortunately, my foot has grown wider to where they don't fit me very well anymore. The pair I currently have has lasted over 2 yrs with a lot of abuse (we're talking agricultural use), so I would endorse them for someone else.

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Redwings are great boots. Unfortunately, my foot has grown wider to where they don't fit me very well anymore. The pair I currently have has lasted over 2 yrs with a lot of abuse (we're talking agricultural use), so I would endorse them for someone else.

I can fit my whole entire leg into User's Redwings. :wow :lol

Useruser666
07-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all of your input on this thread.

I hated the popper things, too. $10 bucks for a popper gun? That should have told me something right there. :lol

My boss brought me a Mason shoes catalog. They go EEE up to size 16, and EEEE to 14.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/1a.gif

Kickass.

They have bigger sizes in certain models. They have new ones all the time. I'd check them out before giving up. My feet are also wide, and I wear a 15.

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
They have bigger sizes in certain models. They have new ones all the time. I'd check them out before giving up. My feet are also wide, and I wear a 15.

You poor bastard. :lol

I've been trying for several months...15EE are too long & narrow, and 14EEE aren't wide enough in the toes, and they are pretty much the upper limits of Redwing sizes. I'll keep you posted on whether these BA Mason boots are pieces of crap or not. They have a lot of large & wide shoes.

Shelly
07-21-2005, 11:21 AM
And they say women go crazy over shoes......