PDA

View Full Version : Apple = Republicans

Drachen
08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
There is no real point to this other than to make fun of rush.

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio show best known for his scathing diatribes against liberals, women seeking birth control coverage from their employers, and African-American quarterbacks, took a break from his usual politically-oriented commentary last week to tackle another subject near and dear to his heart: tech blogs. "As you know, I spend a lot of time as a hobby reading high-tech and gadget blogs," he began, before proceeding to describe a unique theory combining his interest in tech and politics: that tech bloggers are biased against Apple, just like the mainstream media is supposedly biased against the Republican Party.

"APPLE IS THE EQUIVALENT OF THE REPUBLICANS."

"I would venture to say that nine out of 10 bloggers writing high-tech hate Apple," he said on his radio show last week. "Apple is the equivalent of the Republicans on these blogs, and Google, Android, and Samsung are the equivalent of the Democrats. They're perfect, they can't do anything wrong, they're ideal, and everybody hates Apple." As evidence of his point, Limbaugh said that lately, he'd begun to see pro-Apple bloggers attacking the coverage of other tech reporters for "faking data, faking news to make it look bad for Apple when it really isn't." He didn't cite any specific blogs or bloggers by name, but perhaps Limbaugh was referring to John Gruber of Daring Fireball and Jim Dalrymple at The Loop, two bloggers with unabashed love for Apple, who often call out what they see as an anti-Apple slant, even when there is none.

"SOME OF THESE BLOGS HAVE ACTUAL WEBSITES."

However, Limbaugh was clear that he didn't think that the small minority of what he considers pro-Apple bloggers actually vote Republican. "This entire universe of tech bloggers is probably liberal Democrat, in their politics," he theorized, also adding: "most of them think they're young and hip, pop culture hip, that's high-tech, of course it would be." He sought to convey to listeners that tech blogs are surprisingly professional these days: "There are journalists there, some of these blogs have actual websites, they publish as online newspapers, and the people that work there are, in their own minds, journalists," he explained. But he also offered a "teachable moment" to us tech reporters: "would you try to open your eyes and see that in the mainstream media, the Republican Party is Apple, and the Democrat Party is Samsung, Google, and Android[?]" At The Verge, we've gotten Limbaugh's message loud and clear, and we can promise our coverage will remain unaffected.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/8/4/4588372/rush-limbaugh-tech-blogs-apple-google-repubs-dems

boutons_deux
08-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Rush as fucked up wrong, as usual.

"entire universe of tech bloggers is probably liberal Democrat" of course, they tend to be educated, urban, reflective, younger, intelligent, thinking, informed people.

scott
08-05-2013, 05:57 AM
some of these blogs have actual websites

http://badbooksgoodtimes.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/plot-twist.gif

Rogue
08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not a big fan of Apple but I have to say it still beats those couterfeits such as samsung, android. I'm a chink so I'd like to get everything for free. Therefore, I have every reason to hate Apple who charge you $ for everything, every little thing like a ringtone, but those people that I know who have higher academic degrees than mine are all using either IBM or Apple laptops. Apple = class but it's price will always keep it from being a peasants' favorite.

And it's not the class gap that devides people into the democrat and republican factions, it's the difference of education levels imho. Ergo, on Obama's bandwagon you can still see a good number of people who have big bank accounts, like most hollywood celebrities including Halle berry and my Goddess, while the vast majority of people who have higher college degrees tend to support the republicans tacitly (like DMC)