PDA

View Full Version : Manziel being investigated by NCAA

Pages : [1] 2 3

Clipper Nation
08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

LOLAGGIE

Sisk
08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/245/texas-a&m-aggies) quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Solid case.

Spursfan092120
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Ouch...hope not. If that's the case, A&M is no longer Top 10.

shyne
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Well I guess I can't watch espn for the next two weeks.

Vito Corleone
08-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I hope it isn't true, he is a lot of fun to watch. I consider him the closest thing to VY I've seen since 2k5.

crc21209
08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
:lol It's probably true knowing his dumbass....

shyne
08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Sumlin will still play him he doesn't care about possible sanctions, he will be gone anyways.

benefactor
08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Manziel's family is loaded. I don't see any reason why he would be dumb enough to risk his career doing this.

Sisk
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM

You know him?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2013, 05:25 PM
:lol I don't buy it for a sec that his rich ass would risk that for a "five figure amount"

His family could give him that without blinking.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Manziel's family is loaded. I don't see any reason why he would be dumb enough to risk his career doing this.
beat me to it.

Clipper Nation
08-04-2013, 05:26 PM
:lol I don't buy it for a sec that his rich ass would risk that for a "five figure amount"

His family could give him that without blinking.
Fagball's retarded enough to do it anyway though :lol

tlongII
08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I think it's undoubtably true. Lots of witnesses.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Fagball's retarded enough to do it anyway though :lol
I hope not tbh it's never fun when ESPN's retarded vendettas get vindicated.

DesignatedT
08-04-2013, 05:35 PM
:lol this would be the epic end to Manziel. It's definitely worrisome but if the NCAA couldn't get anything to stick on guys like Cam, etc.. than I doubt this will turn into anything. Never know though.

Seeing the Alabama game line go from Bama -6 to Bama -9.5 a couple weeks ago is kind of sketchy though. Wonder if somebody knew about the severity of this investigation.

Harry Callahan
08-04-2013, 06:39 PM
It's pretty clear even his own dad is worried about his son's long term future if you believe what was written in the recent ESPN profile of JM.

There are issues about anger management and drinking to excess already at 20 years of age. Paul Manziel doesn't even like to play golf with his kid because of temper tantrums and throwing clubs.

There is negative story about this guy every week lately.

His dad thought buying him a Mercedes Benz along with all the Tyler Oil (and other) money would be OK so his kid could stay of of harm's way with the NCAA regulators. Unfortunately, that car got keyed in College Station and JM threw a twitter fit.

Still, Paul Manziel felt compelled to complain about how in his view A&M did not totally have his kid's back at times.

Paul Manziel had a problem with the head coach being compensated with a $1MM pay raise and the reason for the raise did not really get all that much. New facilities in aggieland are being built on Johnny's accomplishments. He noted a "selfishness" with regards to the school's treatment of Johnny.

It's probably best to read that ESPN article and be a little bit skeptical, but man it looks like this years Heisman trophy winner has some red flags in his background. Given the lack of size and arm strength, NFL teams may not be eager to shower a guy like this with a bunch of money. I guess the good news is Johnny Football may not even need their stinkin' money since the Manziel family inherited significant assets. We'll see.

Bill_Brasky
08-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Not buying it. ESPN trying to bring down A&M so hard.

ThePop
08-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Wake me up when something happens.

DMX7
08-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Who didn't see this coming? But let's also get real here for a sec, I doubt he misses a game because of it.

Twisted_Dawg
08-04-2013, 10:22 PM

Some strange guy walks up to you at a airport, makes you an 5 figure offer ($10,000-$99,000) to sign a bunch of crap, then you go to this strangers apartment and sign it over two days in front of other people. Even if he gave you cash, nobody is that fucking stupid......

But then again.....

shyne
08-04-2013, 10:26 PM

I don't think he's a dumbass, I just think he doesn't give a fuck.

DesignatedT
08-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Who knows if it's true or not. Obviously Johnny could have done it but lets not act like ESPN doesn't have some set agenda to scrutinize the kid, Darren Rovell in particular.

Rovell also followed up his article with this tweet:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 5h
Word of caution on NCAA investigation on Manziel: They still have to find compelling evidence to suspend him. Might not be easy.
Expand

If the above is true, then it will be pretty damn difficult to pin this on Manziel. Remember that the article said he was paid in cash and that the NCAA has no authority to collect phone records, bank statements, or anything of that nature. They can't suspend him off of conjecture or circumstantial evidence.

A&M starts fall camp tomorrow morning and whether or not Manziel is present will say a lot about the case A&M thinks the NCAA has. If this is really a true story than A&M has probably known about it for awhile now. This coming out today, right before fall camp is pretty sketchy as well seeing that it happened over 6 months ago.

DMX7
08-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Johnny will be there. A&M will not sit him out. They will sell their soul before they consider it.

shyne
08-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Who knows if it's true or not. Obviously Johnny could have done it but lets not act like ESPN doesn't have some set agenda to scrutinize the kid, Darren Rovell in particular.

Rovell also followed up his article with this tweet:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 5h
Word of caution on NCAA investigation on Manziel: They still have to find compelling evidence to suspend him. Might not be easy.
Expand

If the above is true, then it will be pretty damn difficult to pin this on Manziel. Remember that the article said he was paid in cash and that the NCAA has no authority to collect phone records, bank statements, or anything of that nature. They can't suspend him off of conjecture or circumstantial evidence.

A&M starts fall camp tomorrow morning and whether or not Manziel is present will say a lot about the case A&M thinks the NCAA has. If this is really a true story than A&M has probably known about it for awhile now. This coming out today, right before fall camp is pretty sketchy as well seeing that it happened over 6 months ago.

If ESPN has an agenda to drag JM name through the mud, then why would he and his dad do such an in depth interview with them? Can they really be that stupid.

Clipper Nation
08-04-2013, 10:47 PM
:lol The TexAgs meltdown is pretty entertaining....

They are talking about how crappy Tannehill was in the preseason opener while the top left of the screen has an A&M logo and says Manziel under investigation. ESPN and the sips are out to tear down our great school. Is there any legal actions A&M can take against ESPN?

ESPN's a-hole has to be as big as a train tunnel. Lots of crap being hauled out of it's gaping butt.

That is all

The NCAA is under pressure to stop Manziel any way they can. I mean really, the kid comes from a wealthy family, drives a Mercedes, but now he is going to risk everything and take chiken feed for signing autographs.....RIGHT! I wouldnt be surprised if tu,Bama,etc arent behind the latest BS report.

:cry It's an ESPN, T-Sip and Bama conspiracy! :cry

DesignatedT
08-04-2013, 10:50 PM
If ESPN has an agenda to drag JM name through the mud, then why would he and his dad do such an in depth interview with them? Can they really be that stupid.

As far as that article goes, I want to give the Manziel's the benefit of the doubt, and that they honestly thought that coming out with an interview like that would somehow help his situation. But I'll probably just say they really are that stupid.

Chief Brody
08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
The NCAA investigation committee lost all credibility with the Miami fiasco

DesignatedT
08-04-2013, 10:54 PM
If this results in nothing happening than IMO it would be pretty obvious that this was a ploy by someone at ESPN considering the timing (6+ months later, right before fall camp, etc).

spurs1990
08-04-2013, 11:49 PM
tbh after Newton's antics at Auburn were swept under the rug how could the league in good conscience sanction Manziel.

ChumpDumper
08-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Weird story.

The Reckoning
08-05-2013, 05:31 AM
lol Johnny Suspension...or Johnny Autograph

Harry Callahan
08-05-2013, 06:45 AM
The Manziel family is already thinking about the next level, based on their comments about getting paid or not getting paid as the case may be.

I know it only takes one team to like you to be a first round pick, but given the actual quotes from Paul Manziel worrying about HIS OWN KID, would an NFL team be able to trust JM to be the face of their franchise as their quarterback.

I think there may be some Ryan Leaf in him without the prototype big league arm.

As far as the Aggie quotes and the far reaching conspiracy to bring the great Johnny Football down, I really think Johnny Manziel and the inability of the A&M Athletics department to keep him under control is the bigger problem.

There had been whispers from people I know that have ties to Kerrville Tivy HS that JM is not a great guy, but you would think somebody in his camp could get it through his thick skull to ratchet it down a couple of notches and get through next season.

Recent events indicate that isn't happening.

benefactor
08-05-2013, 07:18 AM
There had been whispers from people I know that have ties to Kerrville Tivy HS that JM is not a great guy, but you would think somebody in his camp could get it through his thick skull to ratchet it down a couple of notches and get through next season.

Recent event indicate that isn't happening.
The whole family is a bunch of lowlifes, so the people you know are probably correct.

FkLA
08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Im just glad benefactor lets us know he lives in the same town as the Manziels every chance he gets. The previous hundred times hes mentioned it always slip my mind so Im glad he reminds me about it tbh.

monosylab1k
08-05-2013, 09:08 AM
lol aggy
hope you enjoyed your one year of relevance.

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM

Fagball = f:lolcked

Michael Jordan.
08-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Lol wow

rjv
08-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Fagball = f:lolcked
i'm sure there are lots of pics of him signing autographs. the question is are there any paper trails linking him to getting paid for the autographs.

JoeTait75
08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Bullshit that this is a violation, tbh. Why shouldn't Johnny Manziel be allowed to profit from his own name?

DesignatedT
08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Doesn't even matter if they have pics of him signing autographs. They need proof he accepted cash.

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Fagball's daddeh says it all: "Yeah, it could all come unraveled. And when it does, it's gonna be bad. Real bad."

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM

rjv
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Bullshit that this is a violation, tbh. Why shouldn't Johnny Manziel be allowed to profit from his own name? this is the driving impetus for a growing movement calling for a migration away from the NCAA. if i recall, pryor served a five game suspension for a similar transgression.

DesignatedT
08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
:lmao that's the proof picture?

Sisk
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Looks like there is about 5 pictures he's signing there. No cash being exchanged. In a hotel room, not someones house. Also, the timing makes me believe this whole thing even less. The day they report for practice? Not a coincidence IMO

Clipper Nation
08-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Looks like there is about 5 pictures he's signing there. No cash being exchanged. In a hotel room, not someones house.
It's a different signing for a different broker than the one ESPN originally reported....

DesignatedT
08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
People on twitter are saying that Johnny is in the College Station - Hilton in that picture :lol

Anyway, that picture shows absolutely nothing.

Sisk
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
It's a different signing for a different broker than the one ESPN originally reported....

Where's the broker? Where's the other picture? Where's the cash being exchanged?

Sisk
08-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Another picture of his high school dropout "assistant" is going around. It's a better picture than Johnny signing 5 pictures in a random hotel room... but still wont be able to pin it to Johnny.

Michael Jordan.
08-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Another picture of his high school dropout "assistant" is going around. It's a better picture than Johnny signing 5 pictures in a random hotel room... but still wont be able to pin it to Johnny.

Can you post it? If not its cool.

Sisk
08-05-2013, 10:51 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/texags_pics/nate_zpsc1ad051a.jpg

Dude is a loser. HS dropout. Now he's Johnny's "manager". Johnny is equally stupid for allowing him to do this sort of thing. Or brilliant since he can be the fall guy and Johnny can plead ignorance.

DesignatedT
08-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Couple things about the picture in the hotel above.

1. People saying its the CS-Hilton
2. Why is he signing a stack of like 5 pictures from the SMU game from an Alabama area broker
3. Johnny suffered a massive turf burn scar on his left hand week 6 vs Louisiana Tech, a month before they played Alabama which doesn't seem to be visible in that picture. Here's the scar:

http://media.al.com/national/photo/11963183-large.jpg
http://media.salon.com/2012/11/texas-a-m-johnny-football.jpeg-1280x960.jpg

The alleged broker said he signed those pictures in that hotel room the night before the Alabama game. You can see the scar very visisble in the Alabama game photo above.

Bill_Brasky
08-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Nothing substantial yet....

Michael Jordan.
08-05-2013, 11:12 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/texags_pics/nate_zpsc1ad051a.jpg

Dude is a loser. HS dropout. Now he's Johnny's "manager". Johnny is equally stupid for allowing him to do this sort of thing. Or brilliant since he can be the fall guy and Johnny can plead ignorance.

Wow. Cant pin it on Johnny but still not smart.

benefactor
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Lots of talk around the gym today about this. As I said, I don't think he was stupid enough to do something like this but there is quite a consensus among the locals that think he might have. Most of the discussion was centered around Paul being an idiot and the apple not falling far from the tree.

DesignatedT
08-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Kevin Sumlin on ESPN now fyi

Michael Jordan.
08-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Background on Manziel's "assistant"

http://www.businessinsider.com/johnny-manziel-assistant-uncle-nate-autograph-scandal-2013-8?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider+%28Business+I nsider%29

rjv
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Wow. Cant pin it on Johnny but still not smart.
the d-bag factor on this guy has to be off the charts. of course, i'm pretty sure manziel would rate pretty high on the chart as well.

Vito Corleone
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Not buying it. ESPN trying to bring down A&M so hard.

What would that serve? ESPN has a bigger vested interest in the success of the SEC than it does over the vested interest of Texas or anyone else.

Also keep in mind the whistle blower was from another SEC program

rjv
08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
What would that serve? ESPN has a bigger vested interest in the success of the SEC than it does over the vested interest of Texas or anyone else.

Also keep in mind the whistle blower was from another SEC program i agree that it would not be in espn's interest but that network has always been fairly anti-texas. i remember the year the horns won. as good as texas was one would have thought USC was playing the sisters of the poor in the rose bowl that year. everything prior to the NCS game was about how the Trojans would fare against the greatest college teams of all time.

Blake
08-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Johnny is awesome.

FkLA
08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Johnny Footballs gonna make all these niggas pay for this. Saban and Alabama better lube up their assholes prior to the start of their game tbh.

Sisk
08-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Texas A&M has lawyered up getting the Lightfoot, Franklin and White law firm. They represented Auburn/Newton. One of their lawyers (the lead on this situation: Gene A. Marsh) was a compliance official for the NCAA. Not sure if this means we think it's serious or it's simply precautionary. Either way, they got the best out there to handle this.

DMX7
08-05-2013, 08:23 PM
I feel like he's been around for 10 years now.

The Reckoning
08-06-2013, 01:35 AM
i agree that it would not be in espn's interest but that network has always been fairly anti-texas. i remember the year the horns won. as good as texas was one would have thought USC was playing the sisters of the poor in the rose bowl that year. everything prior to the NCS game was about how the Trojans would fare against the greatest college teams of all time.

that was the same year they were comparing USC to being able to beat the worst NFL teams.

you'd think they learned their lesson after doing that with the U before they lost to Ohio State.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.shopncaasports.com/NCAASports_Texas_A_And_M_Aggies/adidas_Texas_A_And_M_Aggies_Number_2_Replica_Footb all_Player_T-Shirt_-_Maroon

Gotta love the NCAA. Putting "Football" on a #2 Jersey. "Only we should be able to profit from your name, not you!"

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_883000%2fff_88349 4_xl.jpg&w=400

TFloss32
08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Sorry if already posted...autograph broker turns in Johnny but says he won't cooperate with NCAA:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
:lol Aggie
:lol Blaming Bama and the "sips"
:lol Fagball took moneyPERIOD

Sisk
08-06-2013, 02:04 PM
:lol Fagball took moneyPERIOD

Still no proof.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 02:07 PM
At one point, ESPN heard a broker ask Manziel if he would take additional cash to sign with special inscriptions, but Manziel declined, indicating he had done that before and it led to questions. The video does not show Manziel accepting cash, which the broker alleges happened three times. The broker told ESPN Manziel said he wanted money for new rims for his vehicle.He took moneyPERIOD

TFloss32
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Still no proof.

When does TMZ get their hands on that video?

NFO
08-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Still no proof.

The tape shown to ESPN heard Manziel say "you never did a signing with me"

Why say that if you are not in a scenario that you should not be in. Besides the tapes the broker would could not "sell" to ESPN was probably because Manziel's oil money had a higher offer.

Kid let fame go to his head and in true Aggy fashion screwed it up.

Amazing how quickly Aggy became just another SEC school willing to sell their soul for football.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 02:36 PM
It's so fitting that Fagball's career ends over rims for his car :lol

Sisk
08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
He took moneyPERIOD

No proof.

The tape shown to ESPN heard Manziel say "you never did a signing with me"

Why say that if you are not in a scenario that you should not be in. Besides the tapes the broker would could not "sell" to ESPN was probably because Manziel's oil money had a higher offer.

Doesn't matter what he said. No evidence of actual money being exchanged.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
When does TMZ get their hands on that video?

They might try. I find it weird that a broker would come out and show a tape but wont help the NCAA. Not sure what the motivation is there.

Kermit
08-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Aggy, are you guys fucking this up? You're in the SEC. Cheating shouldn't be this hard. Get it together guys.

rjv
08-06-2013, 02:51 PM
He took moneyPERIODhe probably did. but it has to be proven he did. there has to be a paper trail. not hearsay but actual evidence. if provided, manziel will be suspended. for the school to receive any punishment, it would have to be shown the school sat on evidence and failed to disclose it to the NCAA. usually, it's the players that get shafted in these cases (terrell pryor, aj green).

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Aggy, are you guys fucking this up? You're in the SEC. Cheating shouldn't be this hard. Get it together guys.

:cry the SEC is good because they cheat :cry

NFO
08-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Doesn't matter what he said. No evidence of actual money being exchanged.

It does matter Aggy. Where there is smoke their is fire.

They might try. I find it weird that a broker would come out and show a tape but wont help the NCAA. Not sure what the motivation is there.

Are you serious? You are talking about creepy brokers that hang out in hotel rooms and carry around trash bags full of gear hoping for this exact scenario. There is zero incentive to help the NCAA because if he helps the NCAA there will likely be a record of how much $$ he really made and I think Uncle Sam might be interested in what creepy broker guy really reports.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 02:54 PM
:cry the SEC is good because they cheat :cry
2012: :cry "The sips are soooo obsessed with us!" :cry

2013: :cry "Autographgate is nothing but a sip conspiracy!" :cry

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Holy cow, Aggie fan loves them some Johnny Football. This is crazy. I can see them pacing back and forth in their livingrooms just repeating "no proof" over and over.

the chronic
08-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Simple -he wants to sell the story/tape and the NCAA isn't going to pay him.

And you're totally right on your posts. The NCAA won't be able to prove he took money unless he was foolish enough to take check or unless broker's share info with NCAA (both very unlikely). So no matter how obvious it may appear that he sold autographs, it is irrelevant as NCAA needs 100% surefire evidence.

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 02:58 PM
So what. He signed shit for cash. Shit happens everyday in College Sports. He's just young and stupid enough to let it trace back to him.

Like it's been said though, until they have definite proof of an exchange of money, their hands are tied.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:00 PM
It does matter Aggy. Where there is smoke their is fire.

No, it does not. Until some solid evidence comes out that he took cash it does not mean anything. Have you not noticed how poorly the NCAA handles these situations?

Holy cow, Aggie fan loves them some Johnny Football. This is crazy. I can see them pacing back and forth in their livingrooms just repeating "no proof" over and over.

It's the truth. Without very solid evidence that money was exchanged Johnny will be the starting QB. Once again, have you not noticed how poorly the NCAA handles their investigations?

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I am not disagreeing about the suck that is the NCAA, but merely commenting on the ferocity in which Aggie fan will defend Johnny and come up with wild stuff.

Kermit
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I am not disagreeing about the suck that is the NCAA, but merely commenting on the ferocity in which Aggie fan will defend Johnny and come up with wild stuff.

I've been away. Has the Burnt Orange Media Conspiracy come into play yet?

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.shopncaasports.com/NCAASports_Texas_A_And_M_Aggies/adidas_Texas_A_And_M_Aggies_Number_2_Replica_Footb all_Player_T-Shirt_-_Maroon

Gotta love the NCAA. Putting "Football" on a #2 Jersey. "Only we should be able to profit from your name, not you!"

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_883000%2fff_88349 4_xl.jpg&w=400Dem's the rules. It's not like they are unknown.

And doesn't A&M get a cut of that?

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:06 PM

It's not defending it's just a fact. It sure as hell seems like he did get paid for autographs. And he's a downright idiot for having his HS dropout friend be his "manager". But I don't give a shit about any of that as long as he wins games, tbh.

In case anyone forgot about the NCAA's ineptitude:

http://smartfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/cam-invest.gif

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't think any Aggie is disagreeing with Manziel committing a stupid act that put himself and his team in jeopardy. All signs point to him taking money for signatures. Were just saying that this is still nothing but conjecture and circumstantial evidence. Show us the definite proof and by all means suspend him.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Dem's the rules. It's not like they are unknown.

And doesn't A&M get a cut of that?

And those rules are absurd. But that's a different thread. Yes, A&M does. Not a fan of that either.

TFloss32
08-06-2013, 03:10 PM
And you're totally right on your posts. The NCAA won't be able to prove he took money unless he was foolish enough to take check or unless broker's share info with NCAA (both very unlikely). So no matter how obvious it may appear that he sold autographs, it is irrelevant as NCAA needs 100% surefire evidence.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because the NCAA is so backwards. I believe the NCAA can suspend Manziel during an investigation should they decide to do so and if the evidence continues to pile up. It may not come down to A&M having to decide to play him or not for fear of forfeiting future victories. And another issue is Manziel can't plead ignorance like Auburn and Newton did blaming a third party. So, for example, if someone got the goods on Uncle Nate accepting cash for Manziel memorabilia, that would be enough to take away eligibility.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
And those rules are absurd. But that's a different thread. Yes, A&M does. Not a fan of that either.Why?

It's another $3-4 million a year for Aggie.

Michael Jordan.
08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because the NCAA is so backwards. I believe the NCAA can suspend Manziel during an investigation should they decide to do so and if the evidence continues to pile up. It may not come down to A&M having to decide to play him or not for fear of forfeiting future victories. And another issue is Manziel can't plead ignorance like Auburn and Newton did blaming a third party. So, for example, if someone got the goods on Uncle Nate accepting cash for Manziel memorabilia, that would be enough to take away eligibility.
Yep

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 03:17 PM

So they're going to start taking the word of a bunch of low life collector dealers, some of whom won't even cooperate with them? Just seems like a bad road to go down for the NCAA

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Why?

It's another $3-4 million a year for Aggie.

Because some of it should go to the player responsible for that revenue.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Because some of it should go to the player responsible for that revenue.Then they wouldn't be "amateurs."

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Then they wouldn't be "amateurs."

And those rules are absurd. But that's a different thread.

But I do have to post this. Jay Bilas lighting up the NCAA on twitter. Look at all the images he has posted. NCAA has since disabled the search function on their site:

https://twitter.com/JayBilas

TFloss32
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
So they're going to start taking the word of a bunch of low life collector dealers, some of whom won't even cooperate with them? Just seems like a bad road to go down for the NCAA

I wish I could find a ruling on that because I may be making shit up, but just wanted to point out it may not take 100% proof to keep Manziel off of the field. They could simply suspend him if he meets with compliance officials down the road and they feel he's providing false information or isn't being completely truthful a la Dez Bryant at Oklahoma State in 2009. Manzie is sidelined and the investigation goes on from there.

Michael Jordan.
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRAuX4ACYAA9pRl.jpg:large

Michael Jordan.
08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
I wish I could find a ruling on that because I may be making shit up, but just wanted to point out it may not take 100% proof to keep Manziel off of the field. They could simply suspend him if he meets with compliance officials down the road and they feel he's providing false information or isn't being completely truthful a la Dez Bryant at Oklahoma State in 2009. Manzie is sidelined and the investigation goes on from there.
You are correct. The burden of proof here is not the same as in court. Also, where you referred to where his assistant dealing with money would be enough to suspend Johnny, it's called the Cecil Newton rule.

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
If a broker came to the NCAA and signed a statement that saying they paid Johnny for autographs, the NCAA would probably act on that--Johnny could deny it, but if they had any other credible evidence supporting the claim, they would probably go with a mere preponderance pointing toward a violation. But, without a statement from a person involved, they are going to want some pretty high quality circumstantial evidence before taking any action, and it doesn't appear that they have any such evidence at this point in time (they don't have the most recently release videos, and probably never will since they were illegally recorded without Manziel's consent).

DesignatedT
08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
:tu Jay Bilas.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 03:48 PM

Do we have any hard proof that the collector dealers are low life?

Kermit
08-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Do we have any hard proof that the collector dealers are low life?

I'm sure they're just kids.

J.T.
08-06-2013, 03:53 PM
How did this guy get into A&M? So dumb.

Michael Jordan.
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
He's a perfect definition of an aggy.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I think the J.Football thing gets blown way out of proportion (meaning how bad of a guy he is) but he does seem like a db. Also, he has so much money, how you can't rent out private rooms or keep yourself out of the limelight is beyond me.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 03:57 PM

Not sure if this is a serious question, but the qualifications for getting into schools on athletic scholarships are different than they are for regular students.

Kermit
08-06-2013, 03:57 PM
I think the J.Football thing gets blown way out of proportion (meaning how bad of a guy he is) but he does seem like a db. Also, he has so much money, how you can't rent out private rooms or keep yourself out of the limelight is beyond me.

Money badger.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Then they wouldn't be "amateurs."

Also, this type of argument has always bothered me. Just because something is a rule does not make it fair nor smart. Then comes the inevitable "well then don't participate..." argument. Sure, like there are a ton of options. Throughout history, people have stood up against laws that don't make sense and exploit people. You don't just blindly follow laws all the time. Especially in this case where there isn't a real bad penalty for it and you can make a lot of money.

Kermit
08-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Not sure if this is a serious question, but the qualifications for getting into schools on athletic scholarships are different than they are for regular students.

Not once Goodhair's diploma mill plan is complete. Don't worry, we'll be fucked too.

TFloss32
08-06-2013, 04:02 PM
:tu Jay Bilas.

Ha, Bilas loves him some NCAA. He ripped them when Kabongo was suspended.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 04:02 PM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/EDIRPUA/MANMONEY_zps05ce6d44.gif

ColinB
08-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Good thing no one wants David Ash's autograph.

Well, maybe at church.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Also, this type of argument has always bothered me. Just because something is a rule does not make it fair nor smart. Then comes the inevitable "well then don't participate..." argument. Sure, like there are a ton of options. Throughout history, people have stood up against laws that don't make sense and exploit people. You don't just blindly follow laws all the time. Especially in this case where there isn't a real bad penalty for it and you can make a lot of money.Well, sitting out half a season could be pretty bad tbh.

shyne
08-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Not sure how to put videos on here, but check out Johnny's dumb fucking manger lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4ZjymroHU&feature=youtu.be

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Well, sitting out half a season could be pretty bad tbh.

It might, but it doesn't stop him from profiting and pulling in that money until they catch him formally. He is what he is now and despite everything, I don't think this impacts his draft stock too much at all. Teams that fear him will be because of his abilities, not anything else IMO.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
It might, but it doesn't stop him from profiting and pulling in that money until they catch him formally. He is what he is now and despite everything, I don't think this impacts his draft stock too much at all. Teams that fear him will be because of his abilities, not anything else IMO.What do you think his draft position is right now?

And the dude is loaded already. You can't tell me he really needed the cash for a set of fucking rims.

Sisk
08-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 9m
Two autograph brokers who shared their stories with me said Johnny Manziel is a good guy and they hope he plays this season

Awww thanks guys! I'm sure that means the world to him :lol

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I am not an expert on that - I really have no idea. I don't think he is a consensous anywhere right now as he's all over that board.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I am not an expert on that - I really have no idea. I don't think he is a consensous anywhere right now as he's all over that board.So it seems like it could affect his draft position.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 04:21 PM

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_883000%2fff_88349 4_xl.jpg&w=400
Btw, the NCAA discontinued that shirt in their online store and even took the picture down..... Fagball = f:lolcked :lol

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:22 PM
So it seems like it could affect his draft position.

I just said I felt otherwise. His draft spot is about his abilities, not his antics off field (again, this is just my opinion). The reason he is where he is on draft boards at the moment is because of questions about his abilities. People have seen what he can do and sitting out a year while making a lot of money and not risking injury probably isn't a terrible thing for his draft stock. I think that is pretty firmly cemented at this point(wherever teams have him)

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I just said I felt otherwise. His draft spot is about his abilities, not his antics off field (again, this is just my opinion). The reason he is where he is on draft boards at the moment is because of questions about his abilities. People have seen what he can do and sitting out a year while making a lot of money and not risking injury probably isn't a terrible thing for his draft stock. I think that is pretty firmly cemented at this point(wherever teams have him)I'm not so sure about that myself. I can imagine several teams' wanting to see much more of him before deciding what pick to use on him.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Perhaps you are correct. But, in the event a team already is pretty high on him (which in his case from what I have seen, it takes just one team to really like his abilities), this won't hurt. There may be a few fringe teams vying for his services, but I imagine teams are either really high on him or don't believe in him. While there might be a few fringe teams, I have my doubts on the impact since the team(s) that are already high on him, know what they like from him.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Plus that is what camps are for. They workout prospects and you can improve your stock there if need be.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:29 PM
If a broker came to the NCAA and signed a statement that saying they paid Johnny for autographs, the NCAA would probably act on that--Johnny could deny it, but if they had any other credible evidence supporting the claim, they would probably go with a mere preponderance pointing toward a violation. But, without a statement from a person involved, they are going to want some pretty high quality circumstantial evidence before taking any action, and it doesn't appear that they have any such evidence at this point in time (they don't have the most recently release videos, and probably never will since they were illegally recorded without Manziel's consent).Were is the confirmation he gave no consent?

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Perhaps you are correct. But, in the event a team already is pretty high on him (which in his case from what I have seen, it takes just one team to really like his abilities), this won't hurt. There may be a few fringe teams vying for his services, but I imagine teams are either really high on him or don't believe in him. While there might be a few fringe teams, I have my doubts on the impact since the team(s) that are already high on him, know what they like from him.conversely, if only one team really wanted to take him very high and changed its mind after all this....

Plus that is what camps are for. They workout prospects and you can improve your stock there if need be.Not the same.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, we will see how it plays out.

Sisk
More evidence...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994893_10103603903081214_1385101081_n.jpg

DesignatedT
Were is the confirmation he gave no consent?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets

The broker said the videos, approximately nine minutes in length in total, were initially shot only to be used as proof with authenticating company PSA/DNA.

On the videos, which the broker said were recorded without Manziel's knowledge,

Michael Jordan.
08-06-2013, 04:35 PM
More evidence...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994893_10103603903081214_1385101081_n.jpg

:wow

ChumpDumper
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmetsWell, I guess I'd have to see the video. Seems weird that one wouldn't realize a phone is taking video for nine minutes in a hotel room, but he could have plausible stupidity.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
More evidence...

:lol

I believe Johnny does some bad things, but not real bad (bad as in stupid. I don't think drinking or smoking is really bad or making money off or your abilities). But the one thing that would really make me question him as a human, the one red flag that shows his decision making is truly poor, is his constant hyping of Drake.

ColinB
08-06-2013, 04:45 PM
More evidence...

Alright, that made me laugh. Well done. :lol

tlongII
08-06-2013, 04:52 PM
He's toast. He'll never play another down for A&M.

rjv
08-06-2013, 05:26 PM
when jerry tarkanian and UNLV were hit with sanctions, the violation that the NCAA found most egregious was failure to cooperate with an ongoing investigation. that in of itself speaks volumes as to why a&m immediately hired a law firm. when tark sued both UNLV and the NCAA he did so under the claim that both had violated his right to due process. the supreme court eventually ruled that they had not because the latter did not operate as a "state". the supreme court basically stated that the NCAA, because it is not a state actor, can impose sanctions against its actors (including coaches and athletes) without the availability of the due process guarantee. that ruling (NCAA v tarkanian) did not promise complete immunity from being deemed a state actor and left open the option for reconsideration on a case by case basis. in the tarkanian case, it was UNLV that was deemed the state actor because they had granted the authority to the NCAA to engage in its investigation. also, it was UNLV itself that imposed the suspension of tark the shark, not the NCAA (even if UNLV imposed the suspension under a veiled threat from the NCAA). there has since been some states that have created legislation to prevent monopolies from avoiding due process and this did result in some new regulations that the NCAA adopted. one such regulation is that the NCAA must serve notice of a hearing to a university, coach or athlete and this notice must include the facts underlying the allegations. the former is the meat of article 32, which was not adhered to by the NCAA in its case against penn state and the joe pa/ jerry short eyes scandal. the law firm of lightfoot, franklin and white does have gene marsh who once served on the infractions committee as part of their firm so they will, i'm sure make sure that the NCAA properly serves notice and relays their facts. and it is the facts that essentially represent the biggest hurdle for the NCAA as they possess absolutely no subpoena power.

NFO
08-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Also, he has so much money.

A lot of people aren't buying because he comes from money. When has that ever stopped somebody from acquiring MORE money? Plus, he's obviously of room temperature IQ...

DMX7
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
More evidence...

The smoking gun. YOLO!

Sisk
08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Sumlin about to do a live press conference on ESPN.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Supposedly they ran practice longer than usual today to get more reps for the backup QB's.... Fagball = f:lolcked :lol

Clipper Nation
08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Sumlin looks visibly afraid and shook :lol

Sisk
08-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Sumlin looks visibly afraid and shook :lol

You're trying too hard.

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 10:57 AM
@BFeldmanCBS: More NCAA biz> RT @bustedcoverage: Manziel autograph dealer also selling 19 signed Jadeveon Clowney items. http://t.co/bHH1eozpLn …

http://fansidedblogs.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/08/clowney-590x580.jpg

Suspend Clowney too!!!!!!!!!!! The two best NCAA football players, suspend them!

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Update: SB Nation is reporting that PSA has records of 258 consecutively signed Clowney items in its database.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 49m
What if this isn't just Johnny Manziel? http://bit.ly/15LD64r Are we and NCAA fully prepared to truly deal honestly with this?
Expand

Welp. Lets add Teddy Bridgewater to the list as well. Make that the three best NCAA players. Suspend these cheaters!

Update: Teddy Bridgewater is a nice guy, too (via @AggieZach10). Who wants non-personalized items?

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Hub-Collectibles/_i.html_nkw=bridgewater&submit=Search&_sid=2398979 (http://stores.ebay.com/The-Hub-Collectibles/_i.html?_nkw=bridgewater&submit=Search&_sid=2398979)

Where's Joe Schad now? Why doesn't ESPN care about this? Lol ESPN so obsessed with A&M and Manziel.

leemajors
08-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Welp. Lets add Teddy Bridgewater to the list as well. Make that the three best NCAA players. Suspend these cheaters!

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Hub-Collectibles/_i.html_nkw=bridgewater&submit=Search&_sid=2398979 (http://stores.ebay.com/The-Hub-Collectibles/_i.html?_nkw=bridgewater&submit=Search&_sid=2398979)

Where's Joe Schad now? Why doesn't ESPN care about this? Lol ESPN so obsessed with A&M and Manziel.

at the end of the day, them's the rules right now. I can't believe any of these shitsippers did this after what happened to Pryor. Just fucking abysmally stupid.

NFO
08-07-2013, 11:36 AM
darren rovell ✔ darrenrovell

Amazing to see that PSA/DNA, one of the top autograph authenticators, authenticated 999 Manziel autographs in a row.

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 11:41 AM
http://deadspin.com/5916245/how-a-teenager-with-a-fake-escort-service-duped-darren-rovell-and-cnbc

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I think aTm needs to just cut this guy from the program. He did it, he's guilty and their are going to be ramifications. This is most likely his last year and if he gets suspended for any amount of time, aTm winds up a huge loser. Just cut him, get rid of the distraction that is Manziel and send a message to the rest of the country. aTm will survive. NO ONE is bigger than the team and the program.

Whatever benefits came from JM are already accomplished. By the way, I'm no Manziel basher. I liked watching him play but the guy is on a path of self destruction. Someone needs to step in and save him from himself. Let him be done with it and enter the draft next year.

DPG21920
08-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I think aTm needs to just cut this guy from the program. He did it, he's guilty and their are going to be ramifications. This is most likely his last year and if he gets suspended for any amount of time, aTm winds up a huge loser. Just cut him, get rid of the distraction that is Manziel and send a message to the rest of the country. aTm will survive. NO ONE is bigger than the team and the program.

Whatever benefits came from JM are already accomplished. By the way, I'm no Manziel basher. I liked watching him play but the guy is on a path of self destruction. Someone needs to step in and save him from himself. Let him be done with it and enter the draft next year.

Crofl what? On a path of self destruction? What has he done? Oh, so he parties, drinks sometimes and might smoke weed on occasion? If that is a path of self destruction, then I guess 98% of all college students are on a path of self destruction. Also, he is making money legally (in a business sense - although it is against NCAA guidelines) based on his own abilities? Oh the horror. If he was a business student at AM and ran a business this successful he would be lauded as a prodigy.

Sisk
08-07-2013, 01:27 PM

:dizzy

ColinB
08-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Get your avatars autographed!

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/8/7/4596118/johnny-autograph-avatar-generator

Sisk
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I'll just keep the NCAA bashing on this thread. NCAA using our trademark on the wrong school. Wish we would sue them for it because fuck them.

http://www.shopncaasports.com/NCAASports_Texas_Longhorns/Nike_Texas_Longhorns_Number_1_Replica_Football_Jer sey_-_Burnt_Orange

Become the ultimate 12th man with this #1 football replica jersey from Nike! It features a school name #1 printed on the front and the number on the back. It's a replica version of the jerseys your Longhorns sport on the field, so you'll get an official look for game day action!

Clipper Nation
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
It's cute how Aggie thinks they came up with "12th Man" first when in reality, they ripped it off from Iowa :lol

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Crofl what? On a path of self destruction? What has he done? Oh, so he parties, drinks sometimes and might smoke weed on occasion? If that is a path of self destruction, then I guess 98% of all college students are on a path of self destruction. Also, he is making money legally (in a business sense - although it is against NCAA guidelines) based on his own abilities? Oh the horror. If he was a business student at AM and ran a business this successful he would be lauded as a prodigy.

No, you're right...Going to Austin and trying to party with a UT fraternity shows great judgement. Letting down kids at a QB camp who are really looking forward to meeting you shows real maturity. Breaking NCAA rules by signing autographs and getting paid - thus jeopardizing the team's success if he misses time - isn't a selfish move on his part. Tweeting out idiotic pics and making inflammatory comments about your school is pure genius.

All you apologists for this kid need to wake up. I'm a little surprised by the reaction in here but I guess I shouldn't be. aTm fans are starving for a National Championship and are willing to make him out to be some innocent kid who is going though learning/growing pains. Give me a break. He's not that stupid but he is stupid enough to get caught. Apparently he's part of the less than 1% of Aggie football players who seems to be running in to trouble. WTF is that about? Are you going to tell me that he hasn't been talked to by coaches and his parents about the pariahs out there who are willing to sell him down the river?

He's supposed to be a leader on this team and he's letting everyone down. I think he's a great football player and I'd love to seem him play but I'm tired of the sideshow. He obviously doesn't know how to handle success. He should leave the team, spare himself from in jury in 2013 and prepare for the draft. In other words, start living his life the way he wants and prefers.

DPG21920
08-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I think you misunderstand me. I am not an Aggie. I have said similar points to what you said, but overall you go to far. I summarized what he is doing and I don't think it's smart. But I certainly do not think he's doing anything crazy or really bad at all. He's just not being mature for the position he is in.

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
:dizzy

http://florencenahon.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg

ColinB
08-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I'll just keep the NCAA bashing on this thread. NCAA using our trademark on the wrong school. Wish we would sue them for it because fuck them.

http://www.shopncaasports.com/NCAASports_Texas_Longhorns/Nike_Texas_Longhorns_Number_1_Replica_Football_Jer sey_-_Burnt_Orange

Oh well. YOLO.

http://dcbl.org/sig/img/lol12thmanlol.jpg

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I think you misunderstand me. I am not an Aggie. I have said similar points to what you said, but overall you go to far. I summarized what he is doing and I don't think it's smart. But I certainly do not think he's doing anything crazy or really bad at all. He's just not being mature for the position he is in.

What did I say that went too far? How can you say his actions aren't self-destructive when his college football playing days may be numbered ? He's ONLY played 1 season and yet he's put himself in enough negative circumstances to last 4. aTm will not win more games without him but they should start grooming someone else to play QB. I think he's going to hurt the team and the fans with his actions and Aggieland is apparently ready to blame the NCAA for its stupid rules. These rules aren't new! They're jacked-up but they've been that way for a long time and JM knew he was breaking them.

DPG21920
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
When you say he is on some self destructive path for simply doing what 99% of college kids do (harmless partying), that is too far. If you want to discuss breaking rules, fine, I agree that its not a team first attitude. You just seem to make him out to be a meth user who murders animals for fun and beats up babies.

Sisk
08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
aTm fans are starving for a National Championship and are willing to make him out to be some innocent kid who is going though learning/growing pains.

Who said he's innocent? I'm just asking where the proof is. That is all that matters.

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't know any Aggie who thinks he's innocent lol. And certainly nobody is making him out to be some innocent kid. What the fuck are you talking about. Quoting TexAgs doesn't count either. 75% of the board is trolling each other.

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 05:23 PM
When you say he is on some self destructive path for simply doing what 99% of college kids do (harmless partying), that is too far. If you want to discuss breaking rules, fine, I agree that its not a team first attitude. You just seem to make him out to be a meth user who murders animals for fun and beats up babies.

Yeah, I think you misunderstood me. Self-Destructive in terms of his college career and if he's not careful, pro scouts may be turned off as well. That's why I mentioned him needing someone to step in and save him from himself. I have no problem with him partying on occasion - as any college student does - but he's not being smart about it. He has more responsibility as a rep of his team and school than an average student. I just can't imagine what possessed him to go in to the heart of Austin and try to party with a local fraternity. Did he not think it was going to be a problem with the locals? He's not just some Aggie student. It's almost as if he's looking for trouble.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2013, 05:24 PM
The Manziels are now selling their house in College Station (http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/johnny-manziel-parents-selling-home-texas-am-campus/199737)

tmtcsc
08-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Who said he's innocent? I'm just asking where the proof is. That is all that matters.

I can't stand ESPN but I can't imagine one of their reporters would actually lie about watching a cell phone video of Manziel signing autographs from a broker. That's not the only alleged pay for autographs accusation either. It's the 3rd one. This stuff is going to come out eventually. Someone will pay that broker for the video. Do you think its false or are you hoping the proof isn't strong enough to get him suspended ?

I'm in favor of him and other college athletes being able to make money by signing their autographs. The NCAA rules are ridiculous but until they are changed, they have to be followed.

Sisk
08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I can't stand ESPN but I can't imagine one of their reporters would actually lie about watching a cell phone video of Manziel signing autographs from a broker. That's not the only alleged pay for autographs accusation either. It's the 3rd one. This stuff is going to come out eventually. Someone will pay that broker for the video. Do you think its false or are you hoping the proof isn't strong enough to get him suspended ?

I'm in favor of him and other college athletes being able to make money by signing their autographs. The NCAA rules are ridiculous but until they are changed, they have to be followed.

There's no solid proof that he has been paid for the autographs. The evidence that has surfaced thus far is not strong enough IMO.

NFO
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
There's no solid proof that he has been paid for the autographs.

Then why not come out and deny signing for $$$ ?

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 09:32 PM
The Manziels are now selling their house in College Station (http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/johnny-manziel-parents-selling-home-texas-am-campus/199737)

That house has been on the market since April.

Sisk
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Then why not come out and deny signing for $$$ ?

Saying anything just provides additional words to be twisted and fuels the story.

DMX7
08-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Johnny wants out of College Station badly.

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Johnny wants out of College Station badly.

Why

DMX7
08-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Why

Because of bullshit like tonight.

NFO
08-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Saying anything just provides additional words to be twisted and fuels the story.

Saying, "I did not sign autographs for money" twists the story?

It only fuels the story if he denys it and it turns out he lied.

Clipper Nation
08-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Hey Aggie, remember this?

http://i.imgur.com/qMZlx7V.png

:lmao "Cleanest program in the SEC"

Sisk
08-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Saying, "I did not sign autographs for money" twists the story?

It only fuels the story if he denys it and it turns out he lied.

Saying that allows for more people to talk about what he said, thus bringing the story to the front page.

Clipper Nation
08-08-2013, 11:05 AM

rjv
08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
if the ncaa had the power of subpoena manziel would be screwed.

Blake
08-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I have no clue why signing autographs for money should be a violation.

The NCAA sucks.

NFO
08-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Saying that allows for more people to talk about what he said

No so if he tells the truth.

thus bringing the story to the front page.

And it is not on the front page now??? What paper are you reading?

Sisk
08-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Huh?

And it is not on the front page now??? What paper are you reading?

It is not a story on sports center, mike and mike didn't talk about it today, and it's not on the front page of ESPN anymore. Talking about it again would fuel the story, period.

rjv
08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
well it would be nice to actually talk about actual football

TFloss32
08-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Article on "Uncle Nate" and his role in Johnny's life:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9548973/uncle-nate-smarter-ncaa

Sisk
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Many people in College Station know Fitch's role in Manziel's life. Over the summer, three days after the now infamous tweet, former Aggies defensive lineman Spencer Nealy walked into a local restaurant and beer hall and found Fitch posted up in the corner with his parents, who were in town from Kerrville, Texas.

"Hey, dips---," Nealy said, "when are you gonna delete Johnny's Twitter?"

Just another reason to love Spencer Nealy.

Sisk
08-08-2013, 01:30 PM
http://texags.com/images/spacer.gif
darren rovell @darrenrovell
In December, an autograph chaser flew to Houston to board a plane to sit in a seat he knew would be next to Manziel.

Autograph seeker who purposely booked himself on a flight next to Manziel offered him $ to sign on flight, Manziel turned it down.

Upset eBay dealers didn't drive the Manziel story to come to light. People who didn't like his offseason behavior did.

Michael Jordan.
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM

:lmao

Sisk
08-08-2013, 02:50 PM
@DanWolken: Wow. Emmert says the NCAA shouldn't be in the business of selling jerseys. "We are exiting that business."

NFO
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM

Huh?

Should have said, Not so if he tells the truth. Forgot you have spell everything out for Aggy.

You listened to 4 hours of Mike & Mike. Congratulations!!

DesignatedT
08-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Uncle Nate isn't anything new. This has been out since Sunday.

ESPN throws it up on the front page today and acts like it's breaking news.

It's clearly a ratings grab. Nothing more.

It's becoming comical.

ColinB
08-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I can't wait for the season to start. This is boring already.

NFO
08-08-2013, 06:42 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/320/dq0f.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w525/TwoPete/johnnyfurk_zpsc3d40e44.png

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp122/Sensei322/Baylor/Southpark_Johnny_zpse261901f.jpg

Sisk
08-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Should have said, Not so if he tells the truth. Forgot you have spell everything out for Aggy.

I'm not here to decode your incoherent sentences. I'm sorry that you struggle with typing.

NFO
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm not here to decode your incoherent sentences. I'm sorry that you struggle with typing.

I'm sorry I missed one letter. Forgot Aggy can't piece things together very well.

Sisk
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry I missed one letter. Forgot Aggy can't piece things together very well.

Aggie*

Sisk
08-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Darnell said the NCAA has not started an investigation into Manziel and that there has been no formal allegations made by the NCAA.

@BFeldmanCBS: Manziel's lawyer tells KVIA that said the NCAA has not started an investigation into the A&M QB: http://t.co/0Qucrh3AJM (http://t.co/0Qucrh3AJM%3Chr%3E%3C/blockquote%3E)

Clipper Nation
08-08-2013, 10:35 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/08/08/texas-am-johnny-manziel-family-hires-attorney-jim-darnell/2633405/

"I can't say much," Darnell told USA TODAY Sports, "other than we're working through the process. He's cooperating with the investigation. We think when all this comes out on the other end, he'll be the starting quarterback for the Aggies against Rice."

Hmm.... what's more trustworthy: an actual quote from USA TODAY, or a paraphrase from some no-name reporter in El Paso?

In a statement released to the AP, the Manziel family said neither Johnny Manziel nor other family members would comment – saying they were complying with NCAA rules about commenting on investigations.

If there's no investigation, why would the Manziels need to comply with a rule about investigations?

Aggie is desperate and reaching real hard :lol

Sisk
08-08-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/08/08/texas-am-johnny-manziel-family-hires-attorney-jim-darnell/2633405/

Hmm.... what's more trustworthy: an actual quote from USA TODAY, or a paraphrase from some no-name reporter in El Paso?

If there's no investigation, why would the Manziels need to comply with a rule about investigations?

Aggie is desperate and reaching real hard :lol

Tell you what... Manziel gets suspended and I will not post on this site for the entire CFB regular season. If he doesn't, you don't post here for the entire CFB season. Deal?

lakerhaterade
08-08-2013, 11:03 PM
n!ggas be speculating things left and right

DMX7
08-08-2013, 11:39 PM
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/ericg320/AggieSign_zps10cc84d8.png

The Reckoning
08-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Tell you what... Manziel gets suspended and I will not post on this site for the entire CFB regular season. If he doesn't, you don't post here for the entire CFB season. Deal?

i'll take you up on that tbh. any suspension will qualify. be it one quarter or one season. and it doesn't have to be from autographs. it can't be anything linked to poor behavior or his ovo tat.

DesignatedT
08-09-2013, 02:14 AM
:lol people thinking that espn or these media writers don't have it out for Manziel. It's pretty obvious at this point. Just admit it.

DesignatedT
08-09-2013, 02:45 AM
i'll take you up on that tbh. any suspension will qualify. be it one quarter or one season. and it doesn't have to be from autographs. it can't be anything linked to poor behavior or his ovo tat.

He's talking about suspensions handed down from the NCAA. Not Johnny overslept one morning and Sumlin decided to suspend him a quarter.

Both are equally likely to happen at this point. ESPN has totally outed themselves as frauds. What a joke of a network.

The Reckoning
08-09-2013, 02:56 AM
fwiw he said that he gets suspended and that's all. just making the bet fair is all. i doubt sumlin would suspend him if he missed practice or something. he got him a million dollar raise.

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 07:16 AM
:lol aggyfan. "Espn has it out for Manziel even though he's a dumbass who keeps putting himself in stupid situations"

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:25 AM
:lol aggyfan. "Espn has it out for Manziel even though he's a dumbass who keeps putting himself in stupid situations"

There's a lot of athletes putting themselves in retarded situations. Manziel gets 24/7 coverage when there's even SPECULATION over something he has done. This story was ALLEGED and there was no real factual proof for them to use in a story, yet they aired it as if the facts were all clear cut and set in stone when they were not. I lol'd at how they would say the word "alleged" really quietly and under their breath then talk about the "breaking news".

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
There's a lot of athletes putting themselves in retarded situations. Manziel gets 24/7 coverage when there's even SPECULATION over something he has done. This story was ALLEGED and there was no real factual proof for them to use in a story, yet they aired it as if the facts were all clear cut and set in stone when they were not. I lol'd at how they would say the word "alleged" really quietly and under their breath then talk about the "breaking news".

So the Cam Newton story didnt get the same coverage?

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:46 AM

How would you even measure that? I guess it got similar coverage. The difference is Cam only got coverage for the one story, whereas if JF goes to an NBA game or party he's still right there on ESPN front page. They are obsessed. And the thing is they had way more on Cam and STILL nothing came of it.

The biggest irony is ESPN making money due to sensationalized stories about players.....making money.

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
How would you even measure that? I guess it got similar coverage. The difference is Cam only got coverage for the one story, whereas if JF goes to an NBA game or party he's still right there on ESPN front page. They are obsessed. And the thing is they had way more on Cam and STILL nothing came of it.

The biggest irony is ESPN making money due to sensationalized stories about players.....making money.

The coverage of Manziel exploded once he won the Heisman as a Freshmen. Nobody's done that before, so I guess you can say that's what made him a "celebrity". However, he's not running from the coverage. He likes the attention, which is why he can't stay off twitter. So to say ESPN is at fault, when Manziel has created alot of this himself is false. When you're a high profile athlete, college or pro, you've got to know the media is going to try to create a story. ESPN had even more coverage on Tebow, but he never made himself seen.

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:56 AM
The coverage of Manziel exploded once he won the Heisman as a Freshmen. Nobody's done that before, so I guess you can say that's what made him a "celebrity". However, he's not running from the coverage. He likes the attention, which is why he can't stay off twitter. So to say ESPN is at fault, when Manziel has created alot of this himself is false.

Oh bullshit. You and i both know ESPN is a network lacking journalistic integrity and profiting off of any little controversy or story that they can. To only call them out on it for being Lakers and Cowboys whores but not for their little smear campaigns is incredibly dishonest in and of itself.

Sisk
08-09-2013, 09:57 AM

fwiw he said that he gets suspended and that's all. just making the bet fair is all. i doubt sumlin would suspend him if he missed practice or something. he got him a million dollar raise.

I am referencing the NCAA. Not Sumlin/A&M. Made the bet offer to him because he's the one that has been poorly trolling this thread saying the NCAA will succeed.

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh bullshit. You and i both know ESPN is a network lacking journalistic integrity and profiting off of any little controversy or story that they can. To only call them out on it for being Lakers and Cowboys whores but not for their little smear campaigns is incredibly dishonest in and of itself.

This is hilarious. Manziel singlehandedly puts A&M on the map, wins the Heisman as a freshmen, and people expect his life not to change? If ESPN was so obessed with him, isn't it A&M's job to protect him more like other schools have done with their stars? Did any other Heisman winner get this kind of coverage? No, and we know why. It really does speak to the amateurism of the A&M athletic department to let the celebrity of one player outweigh the entire program, because once he goes pro, I'm sure no one will care about them again. At least not in the media. Why wasn't ESPN as "obsessed" with RGIII as they allegedly are with Manziel? Sure alot of players who put themselves in retarded situations, but you have to be an idiot if you think high profile players shouldn't be under the spotlight more. And Manziel has been amazingly dumb with his situations. :lol Uncle Nate
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0808/ncf_insta_jamziel2_576.jpg

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Also, if he doesn't want the coverage, he could have helped himself by staying off twitter. But it's too late for that now.

Sisk
08-09-2013, 10:29 AM
This is hilarious. Manziel singlehandedly puts A&M on the map, wins the Heisman as a freshmen, and people expect his life not to change? If ESPN was so obessed with him, isn't it A&M's job to protect him more like other schools have done with their stars? Did any other Heisman winner get this kind of coverage? No, and we know why. It really does speak to the amateurism of the A&M athletic department to let the celebrity of one player outweigh the entire program, because once he goes pro, I'm sure no one will care about them again. At least not in the media. Why wasn't ESPN as "obsessed" with RGIII as they allegedly are with Manziel? Sure alot of players who put themselves in retarded situations, but you have to be an idiot if you think high profile players shouldn't be under the spotlight more. And Manziel has been amazingly dumb with his situations. :lol Uncle Nate

How have other programs protected their players? Johnny is vocal on twitter and posts what he's doing and it gets highlighted by ESPN. Sumlin has silenced him on twitter before but he's not going to ban him from using it. The only big program in the country (AFAIK) that has a twitter ban is Clemson. We aren't going to shelter Johnny from using social media. Sumlin doesn't give a fuck if Johnny is drinking or at some NBA game. He understands that it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

leemajors
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Looks like Fox is trying to out dumb ESPN:

http://deadspin.com/worst-columnist-in-america-compares-johnny-manziel-to-r-1077017078

Manziel as Rosa Parks? gmafb

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Protect him as in having certain "associates" stay away from him that could get him caught.

Sisk
08-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Protect him as in having certain "associates" stay away from him that could get him caught.

They are supposed to tell Johnny who he can and cannot be friends with? They've been friends since High School.

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 07:24 PM

I'm pretty sure ESPN WAS obsessed with RG3. In fact, they continue to bust a nut any time they talk about him to this day.

NFO
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibpPAHDZw3HsJy.gif

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/Fark1/johnnymanziel_happygilmoreclown_zpsebc5a995.gif

http://i.imgur.com/rwETkyTl.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21195014/Gifs/ManzGif.gif

ThePop
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibpPAHDZw3HsJy.gif

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/Fark1/johnnymanziel_happygilmoreclown_zpsebc5a995.gif

http://i.imgur.com/rwETkyTl.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21195014/Gifs/ManzGif.gif

Just post the link to the shaggy thread.

Sisk
08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Just another Johnny story... this guy...

https://thecasaofelhanlo.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/johnny-manziel-in-trouble-for-eating-dessert-before-finishing-vegetables/

DMX7
08-10-2013, 09:41 PM
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/ericg320/Silence_zps2bd4d8d0.png

pgardn
08-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Just another Johnny story... this guy...

https://thecasaofelhanlo.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/johnny-manziel-in-trouble-for-eating-dessert-before-finishing-vegetables/

ahhh the Onion deflection type story...

I think they forgot to mention he also stabbed his eyes with a fork.
The kid is fun to watch, but my God, what a dumbass.

" I'm only 20, I just wanna party and cut my testicles off."

Clipper Nation
08-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Two more signings have come out... (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9562044/texas-aggies-qb-johnny-manziel-signed-two-more-sessions-sources)

:cry "Yet another sip/Bama conspiracy!" :cry

DesignatedT
08-12-2013, 11:04 PM
There are no allegations regarding payment for these additional signing sessions. ESPN just trying to keep the narrative alive as long as possible.

the chronic
08-13-2013, 03:56 AM
There are no allegations regarding payment for these additional signing sessions. ESPN just trying to keep the narrative alive as long as possible.

No allegations of payment? ESPN conspiracy? Wow.

I don't think anybody will believe a player who just won the heisman would sit down and sign thousands of items for a stranger to sell - but receiver no benefit. Just because nobody videotaped somebody handing him money while JF saying it was for NCAA violations does not mean common sense doesn't apply.

DesignatedT
08-13-2013, 06:43 AM
No allegations of payment? ESPN conspiracy? Wow.

I don't think anybody will believe a player who just won the heisman would sit down and sign thousands of items for a stranger to sell - but receiver no benefit. Just because nobody videotaped somebody handing him money while JF saying it was for NCAA violations does not mean common sense doesn't apply.

Players like Bridgewater and Clowney have tons of items very similar to Manziel. Sitting down and signing autographs is not illegal. The two new "sources" saying Manziel signed memorabilia for them made no mention that they payed Manziel. Soooooooooooo we are just to assume that he got payed? No, that's not right. Lets just assume everyone who sits down and signs their signature in bulk is getting payed then..

One of the brokers who Manziel reportedly signed bulk items for already came out and said that he DID NOT pay Manziel to do the signings. All the article does is set out to make him look guilty without any proof. Is he guilty? I don't know, probably, but sitting down and signing things is not against the rules. So the article is once again nothing but nothing.

I never said it's some ESPN conspiracy against A&M but they are just trying to capture headlines at Manziels expense at this point. Just keeping the narrative alive for viewers.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2013, 07:09 AM
The NCAA doesn't need proof of Johnny getting paid to suspend him over the autographs.... according to bylaw 12.5.2.2, memorabilia being "sold or promoted under a student's name" is enough to constitute a violation, and that's exactly what's being done here, tbh....

That being said, common sense dictates Johnny was clearly taking money to sign that much shit....

NFO
08-13-2013, 08:16 AM
One of the brokers who Manziel reportedly signed bulk items for already came out and said that he DID NOT pay Manziel to do the signings.

Unless he is getting paid to come out and out JF why would that broker admit to receiving income. Chances are if he did pay JF to do autographs he doesn't report the income from those sales and would essentially be publiclly admitting to tax fraud. Sports memorabilia dealers are notorious for under reporting their income. See it all the time.

So just because a broker says he didn't pay JF doesn't mean he didn't. Brokers are strange breed of people so it is hard to either believe what they say or don't admit to.

Common sense says that if someone asked you to sit down and sign X amount of autographs you would say what is in it for me. I mean JF has been going to finals games, frat parties and the like so for him to sit down and take time to sign autographs and based upon how he has acted I would think he would respond with, "What is in it for me?" Maybe he didn't I don't know, but common sense and my gut feeling are he did get paid in some way or another. Proving it is up to the NCAA, which has limited authority so tha could be very difficult to prove.

yavozerb
08-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Hate to see the evidence mounting against Johnny football cause I enjoy watching the kid play. I also have to laugh at all the ATM fans who want concrete evidence of a payment between Johnny and the brokers (like a videotape, seriously, a videotape). Look, this case is in no way similar to other college athletes just because of the massive amount of autographs provided by Johnny. There are fans of every program who will always ignore the facts of every case if there program is involved regardless of the amount, but in talking to alot of ATM alumni most believe that the Manzeil days could be a thing of the past.

The Reckoning
08-13-2013, 09:37 AM
http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220

interesting read about his family.

Sisk
08-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Two more signings have come out... (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9562044/texas-aggies-qb-johnny-manziel-signed-two-more-sessions-sources)

:cry "Yet another sip/Bama conspiracy!" :cry

From that article:

None of the sources has told "Outside the Lines" that they saw Manziel take money.

12.5.2.1 -- accepting money for promoting or advertising the commercial sale of a product or service -- he could be ruled ineligible

Sisk
08-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Hate to see the evidence mounting against Johnny football cause I enjoy watching the kid play. I also have to laugh at all the ATM fans who want concrete evidence of a payment between Johnny and the brokers (like a videotape, seriously, a videotape). Look, this case is in no way similar to other college athletes just because of the massive amount of autographs provided by Johnny. There are fans of every program who will always ignore the facts of every case if there program is involved regardless of the amount, but in talking to alot of ATM alumni most believe that the Manzeil days could be a thing of the past.

Why are you laughing at fans who want to see evidence? That is all that matters.

Blake
08-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Why are you laughing at fans who want to see evidence? That is all that matters.

Are you a fan that wants to see evidence?

Even without evidence of him taking money, I think it's pretty clear at this point he got paid.

Which shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. It's all ridiculously and hypocritically stupid.

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
The bottom line is that unless there is concrete proof that money exchanged hands there is no story here. Yes, common sense tells us that he probably got paid a bit. But that is still an assumption, not a proven fact. We don't go taking away people's football scholarships because of assumptions.

Sisk
08-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Are you a fan that wants to see evidence?

Even without evidence of him taking money, I think it's pretty clear at this point he got paid.

Which shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. It's all ridiculously and hypocritically stupid.

I just want these brokers to shit or get off the pot. Tired of the same story about him signing with absolutely no proof he got paid. Do I personally think he took money? Yes. But my personal opinion doesn't matter. The public's opinion doesn't matter. Johnny trademarked his name. Sent a cease and desist letter to eBay. Did what was "within his power" to prevent the profiting off of his signature (which is an ABSURD rule in the first place, even more than prohibiting players from profiting off of their name).

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Some people in this thread don't seem to get that when you accuse somebody of something the burden is on you have to have 100% proof to back your claim. That is how reality works.

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Legalizing polygraph tests could put an end to this. Are polygraphs 100% accurate? Of course not. But make him take 3 different polygraph tests from 3 different independent companies. If he fails all 3, then he is guilty as fuck. But if he passes just 1 out of 3, throw all of the test results out.

Sisk
08-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Some people in this thread don't seem to get that when you accuse somebody of something the burden is on you have to have 100% proof to back your claim. That is how reality works.

:tu

Legalizing polygraph tests would put an end to this. Are polygraphs 100% accurate? Of course not. But make him take 3 different polygraph tests from 3 different independent companies. If he fails all 3, then he is guilty as fuck. But if he passes just 1 out of 3, throw all of the test results out.

Polygraph tests are worthless.

Michael Jordan.
08-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Some people don't understand they can suspend him based on circumstantial evidence and burden of proof isnt the same as it is in court.

Blake
08-13-2013, 10:11 AM
The bottom line is that unless there is concrete proof that money exchanged hands there is no story here. Yes, common sense tells us that he probably got paid a bit. But that is still an assumption, not a proven fact. We don't go taking away people's football scholarships because of assumptions.

oh yeah, no doubt. The NCAA has absolutely nothing and Johnny autograph will be playing every game this year.

yavozerb
08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Some people don't understand they can suspend him based on circumstantial evidence and burden of proof isnt the same as it is in court.

:toast...100% not needed here people, this is the NCAA...

Blake
08-13-2013, 10:19 AM

the NCAA doesn't need to be suspending anyone without concrete proof.

yavozerb
08-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Common sense is lacking in alot yalls post..Honestly, do you believe Manzeil went to florida and signed thousands of autographs to a broker with no compensation? Again, evidence of him taking cash is not needed for a suspension..

yavozerb
08-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Players who are undergoing investigations do not need to be playing either..

Michael Jordan.
08-13-2013, 10:22 AM

I'm just saying it's possible since the rule does exist. I don't think they have the balls to do it.

Sisk
08-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Common sense is lacking in alot yalls post..Honestly, do you believe Manzeil went to florida and signed thousands of autographs to a broker with no compensation? Again, evidence of him taking cash is not needed for a suspension..

Are you reading this thread? I just said I believe he took money.

So we are going to suspend people on suspicion alone? Then they miss a number of games or a season, found innocent, missing all of those games for nothing?

I'm just saying it's possible since the rule does exist. I don't think they have the balls to do it.

I know the rule exists. If the NCAA's history says anything, they do not have the balls to do this. Not to a reigning Heisman Trophy winner. The only thing that scares me in this case is the NCAA wanting to finally show it has some balls and taking action.

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Some people don't understand that after Scam Newton and Miami the NCAA has no credibility and won't do jack shit unless presented with undeniable evidence.

Blake
08-13-2013, 10:48 AM

lol wut