PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: anyone else feel the Lakers preemptively had LeBron if they kept DH12 and walked Kobe

irishock
08-05-2013, 05:33 AM
with the real cancer gone, and arguably the best big in the NBA, I doubt LBJ would've declined the offer to play in the biggest market in the basketball world. I know they're coached by D'Antoni, but the King would have enough political power to fire him the second he signs with the Lakers. But, that didn't happen, and of course the Kobe stans all around the world are rejoicing

Thread
08-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Riley will never permit him to leave Miami. He's fully cognizant as to whom is buttering his bread this time. And this stop unlike the last two stops he's not turning loose of the wheel.

TXstbobcat
08-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Riley will never permit him to leave Miami. He's fully cognizant as to whom is buttering his bread this time. And this stop unlike the last two stops he's not turning loose of the wheel.

Riley wouldn't be able to stop him from leaving. He can opt out after this season and would be an unrestricted free agent.

Thread
08-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Riley wouldn't be able to stop him from leaving. He can opt out after this season and would be an unrestricted free agent.

Don't be obtuse, Tex.

Riley will do what it takes, no matter what it takes to keep James in Miami. And frankly James isn't MJ, or, Kobe minded. He's not consumed by the quest. Yes, he's the most important player in terms of championship capability in an otherwise barren wasteland. But, that isn't his fault. And that point emboldens Riley, makes his job easier to ring. He has to be concerned mostly in ringing, not in keeping James close to the farm. James will not stray off.

irishock
08-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Riley barely kept Wade in '10 until Bosh agreed with Miami. If Bosh didn't do that, Wade would be a Bull and James would be a Knick. :lol depending on a soft ass raptor to build your team

TXstbobcat
08-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Don't be obtuse, Tex.

Riley will do what it takes, no matter what it takes to keep James in Miami. And frankly James isn't MJ, or, Kobe minded. He's not consumed by the quest. Yes, he's the most important player in terms of championship capability in an otherwise barren wasteland. But, that isn't his fault. And that point emboldens Riley, makes his job easier to ring. He has to be concerned mostly in ringing, not in keeping James close to the farm. James will not stray off.

I know it's too early to predict this but I think with the huge amount of cap room that the lakers will have at the end of this coming season, the lakers will sign 2 guys to max deals. I am predicting that both Kevin love and Lebron both opt out and and sign with the lakers at the end of the year.

Thread
08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
:lol depending on a soft ass raptor to build your team

Without that [soft ass raptor] I'm sittin' in there and not here with my crooked dick in my hand. I'm countin' my blessings. How bout you, shocky?

Thread
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I know it's too early to predict this but I think with the huge amount of cap room that the lakers will have at the end of this coming season, the lakers will sign 2 guys to max deals. I am predicting that both Kevin love and Lebron both opt out and and sign with the lakers at the end of the year.

No, sadly the Lakers are a poison well for the the foreseeable future. We're like the "Orphans" in "The Warriors" we're so far down we're not even on the list.