PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia cocktail not working

Chief Brody
08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
5 Brooklyn Lagers (leftover beer from poker night last week)
1 flexeril
2 roxicet
2 xanax

what...the...fuck

mrsmaalox
08-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Damn, the flexeril alone shoulda done it.

marini martini
08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Flexeril??? Damn, I'm doing it al wrong!!!

Katherine Robinson
08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
I would consult a physician and your next of kin if you have ingested a significant amount of roxicet with alcohol. A rule of thumb is to take a single opiate at once.

Chief Brody
08-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Damn, the flexeril alone shoulda done it.
I've heard this as well, but my past experiences with it (2007-08) really took their effect the following morning when I felt like I was boneless.

lefty
08-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Take some melatonin TBH

Those vivid nightmares :lol

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Take some melatonin TBH

Those vivid nightmares :lol
Doesn't work:(
Neither does Valerian Root, warm milk, or any other herbal remedy. Running short on pharms too (out of Ambien till the 15th). Would rather not mix booze and muscle relaxers (except for tonight) due to possible bedwetting. My brother can sleep on a bed of nails with Slayer blasting and I can't sleep for shit.

Pot's out of the question too due to work concerns. Can't win

The Reckoning
08-06-2013, 12:49 AM
don't worry you'll be dead by morning

lefty
08-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Neither does Valerian Root, warm milk, or any other herbal remedy. Running short on pharms too (out of Ambien till the 15th). Would rather not mix booze and muscle relaxers (except for tonight) due to possible bedwetting. My brother can sleep on a bed of nails with Slayer blasting and I can't sleep for shit.

Shiit :lol

Warm milk does work for me, especially when mixed with chamomille

Mint herbal tea helps me too

Force yourself to get up earlier in the morning, that way you will be tired in the evening

SnakeBoy
08-06-2013, 01:53 AM

I've had insomnia most of my life. Tried everything, nothing worked until I figured out it was allergy induced insomnia. Now when I need to I can manage it with allergy meds even though I don't have typical allergy symptoms. If those fail I use prednisone for a few days to get it under control.

Death In June
08-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Well, here are some pro tips. Don't mix alcohol and Xanax. Those two drugs work synergistically to repress your bodies drive to breath spontaneously. Don't mix your Roxicet and alcohol. Roxicet contains an opiate and Tylenol. When you mix an opiate and alcohol, you get respiratory depression. When you mix Tylenol and alcohol, you damage your liver. The alcohol causes the Tylenol to breakdown into a toxic substance in your body that could eventually lead to cirrhosis. Don't mix your Flexeril and alcohol (starting to sound like a broken record, but again, respiratory depression). My personal bias is that Flexeril is a poor drug in general - there's very little evidence that muscle relaxants work as advertised. I don't know what your drinking habits are, but alcohol can cause insomnia. It may cause drowsiness initially, but it is lower quantity and quality of sleep. The insomnia might be secondary to other issues...unresolved pain, sleep apnea, hypertension...it's something to get with your doctor on. If you're going off and on your meds, it is also possible that you may be having rebound insomnia.

DJR210
08-06-2013, 04:50 AM

LMAO that's fucked up

Take a hot shower and rub a few out on the couch. Should do the trick.

Spur|n|Austin
08-06-2013, 08:31 AM

:lol

Melatonin does it for me, also gives me some very lucid dreams.

Big Empty
08-06-2013, 02:50 PM
LMAO that's fucked up

Take a hot shower and rub a few out on the couch. Should do the trick.
This

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I've had insomnia most of my life. Tried everything, nothing worked until I figured out it was allergy induced insomnia. Now when I need to I can manage it with allergy meds even though I don't have typical allergy symptoms. If those fail I use prednisone for a few days to get it under control.
Sometimes I can grab a couple vials of Benadryl from work and mainline 50mgs, but can only do that twice a month w/o it looking sketchy

lebomb
08-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Chug a pint of vodka........... You may spit up blood and chunks of liver, some mild alcohol poisoning perhaps, but I guarantee you will sleep.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Chug a pint of vodka........... You may spit up blood and chunks of liver, some mild alcohol poisoning perhaps, but I guarantee you will sleep.

If you're going to be stupid, at least be funny. K, thx.

Biernutz
08-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Sex.....Ask any woman ..men have sex then roll over then ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.....

ohmwrecker
08-06-2013, 04:00 PM
1 flexeril
2 roxicet
2 xanax

what...the...fuck

Too much. Sometimes when you mix the drugs they won't work together. Sometimes they have the opposite effect. Also, remember . . . alcohol is a stimulant.

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, here are some pro tips. Don't mix alcohol and Xanax. Those two drugs work synergistically to repress your bodies drive to breath spontaneously. Don't mix your Roxicet and alcohol. Roxicet contains an opiate and Tylenol. When you mix an opiate and alcohol, you get respiratory depression. When you mix Tylenol and alcohol, you damage your liver. The alcohol causes the Tylenol to breakdown into a toxic substance in your body that could eventually lead to cirrhosis. Don't mix your Flexeril and alcohol (starting to sound like a broken record, but again, respiratory depression). My personal bias is that Flexeril is a poor drug in general - there's very little evidence that muscle relaxants work as advertised. I don't know what your drinking habits are, but alcohol can cause insomnia. It may cause drowsiness initially, but it is lower quantity and quality of sleep. The insomnia might be secondary to other issues...unresolved pain, sleep apnea, hypertension...it's something to get with your doctor on. If you're going off and on your meds, it is also possible that you may be having rebound insomnia.
I've done 2 separate sleep studies in my life and both times apnea was ruled out. My B/P hovers around 122/74 usually and I take no meds other than Ambien and Lexapro. Lexapro doesn't affect the sleep because I had insomnia issues before and after I was on it. I'm out of Ambien though and it's killing my sleep. As for narcotics/benzos and respiratory depression, my body has dealt with much more powerful drugs without a problem (Dilaudid, Ativan, etc).

I've simply been a terrible insomniac since my earliest memories (4 years old), and only 20mg of Ambien a night seems to help--but even then I need to take a week off of that every month so my body doesn't build up a tolerance to it. I exercise regularly, generally eat well, and have stopped the recreational drugs.

I simply cannot sleep.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Don't die on me buddy. We have a lot we need to accomplish.

lebomb
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
If you're going to be stupid, at least be funny. K, thx.

I insist you chug a gallon of vodka.

Buddy Mignon
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
1 flexeril
2 roxicet
2 xanax

what...the...fuck

Hey dummy... next time save your health and just put on a Spurs game.

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I insist you chug a gallon of vodka.

That's not funny. At all. Just please better your personality.

lebomb
08-06-2013, 04:23 PM
That's not funny. At all. Just please better your personality.

Not trying to be, so STFU.

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Don't die on me buddy. We have a lot we need to accomplish.
I love you DPG, no homo.

Sometimes a nigga just needs some sleep...2-3 hours a night of interrupted sleep adds up and it's affecting my job performance.

I'm slowly becoming Travis Bickle

DPG21920
08-06-2013, 04:25 PM
For sure. I suffered something similar (when I was in college), but since I graduated I have found it easier to sleep than before which is great. Lack of sleep sucks, but in my case it was a mental thing. Still happens from time to time when I have a lot on my mind. No amount of meds will help me in that scenario.

Death In June
08-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I've done 2 separate sleep studies in my life and both times apnea was ruled out. My B/P hovers around 122/74 usually and I take no meds other than Ambien and Lexapro. Lexapro doesn't affect the sleep because I had insomnia issues before and after I was on it. I'm out of Ambien though and it's killing my sleep. As for narcotics/benzos and respiratory depression, my body has dealt with much more powerful drugs without a problem (Dilaudid, Ativan, etc).

I've simply been a terrible insomniac since my earliest memories (4 years old), and only 20mg of Ambien a night seems to help--but even then I need to take a week off of that every month so my body doesn't build up a tolerance to it. I exercise regularly, generally eat well, and have stopped the recreational drugs.

I simply cannot sleep.It's not so much an issue of a more powerful drug VS a less powerful drug. It's how the drugs work in combination. Ambien and alcohol or Ativan and alcohol are more dangerous combinations than Dilaudid and alcohol or Dilaudid and Ativan. You don't want to mix the three Bs (booze, benzos, barbs) because they multiply their effects as opposed to adding them. The other problem is that respiratory depression isn't something you have a good self awareness over. Aside from that, since you've had a sleep study, and someones prescribed you meds, you've probably heard this before, but, in case you haven't, some general sleep hygiene tips are to exercise (but not close to bedtime), sleep in a comfortable environment, avoid alcohol and stimulants, avoid caffeine and nicotine for at least 6 hrs before bedtime, avoid going to bed excessively hungry, spend time prior to bedtime relaxing, establish regular sleep schedule, go to bed only if you feel sleepy, avoid activities in the bedroom that keep you awake, sleep only in your bedroom, leave the bedroom when awake and return only when sleepy, get up at same time each morning regardless of the amount of sleep you got that night, and avoid daytime napping.

One thing to consider is - did the Lexapro do its job? Unresolved depression and anxiety disorders tend to disrupt sleep.

lil'mo
08-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Lmao chief brody MUST be jt

HI-FI
08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
i make a lot of pissy jokes towards DD but will miss him. I guess I wasn't wrong when worrying he was Monteithing.

this one is for you DD when overdosing and hallucinating and seeing God.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM6V_WX8TmM

mingus
08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I was prescribed melatonin. For the most part, it works great. I've been sleeping 6-7 hours a night since I started taking it regularly about a couple months ago. For 10 years before that i was sleeping on average 3-4 hours a night. I feel like a different person. Being able to fall asleep has also made me more organized because now I know I can't procrastinate and leave everything to the end as much knowing I have to go to bed at a certain time and sleeps certain amount of hours.

I think there are better ways to help your situation than what you are doing because aside from being a health risk what you are doing isn't sustainable. I would just suck it up until you get more ambien before doing that. Not worth it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
:lol as much as I use pills, I'd never put as much in body simultaneously as OP did. Your liver must be shitting bricks.

leemajors
08-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Lmao chief brody MUST be jt

Except that he's not?

lil'mo
08-06-2013, 10:20 PM
How do you know?

mrsmaalox
08-06-2013, 10:27 PM
My sleep is good, but for the rare times I need help it just takes a little pot or Nyquil or both.

Brody, you guys have propofol on your trucks?

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 10:45 PM
My sleep is good, but for the rare times I need help it just takes a little pot or Nyquil or both.

Brody, you guys have propofol on your trucks?
Maalox, funny you mention that b/c I'm trying to get my medical director (meet with him next week) to add Diprivan to our CCT truck. Labetalol, Tridil, and Rocuronium too.

:lolI love you guys. "Don't jump, Chief!" Last night was a one-time cocktail scros, and I made this thread b/c I legitimately can't fucking sleep. Lack of sleep affects everything else in your life. As for DIJ's Lexapro question, I take it for slight anxiety but more for anger. When I'm not on it I get very impatient and seething mad over the most inane things.

Chief Brody
08-06-2013, 10:47 PM
How do you know?
dah, if you want ins on det roxicet just pm me your address in breck

DMC
08-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Sometimes I can grab a couple vials of Benadryl from work and mainline 50mgs, but can only do that twice a month w/o it looking sketchy

Go to church. 15 minutes and you'll be sound asleep.

DMC
08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
btw, Nyquil ZZZZ does it for me.

Insomniac
08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
That crap don't work