PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! NBA rigged?

TheGreatYacht
08-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I was analyzing the newly released NBA schedule for the Spurs and the Heat and I couldn't help but notice something astonishing. The San Antonio Spurs have 19 back to back games during the 2013-2014 regular season. On the other hand, the Miami Heat have 15 back to back games for the whole season. I also went through the Lakers schedule and to my surprise the Lakers have the same number of back to back games as the Spurs with 19.

I might have counted wrong or missed something. Please write on the comments if you notice any discrepancies on my back to backs numbers. I will update any mistakes I might have made.

Does David Stern want the Heat in the NBA Finals every year? I still need to take a look at OKC, Clippers, and Rockets schedules. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule
http://www.nba.com/heat/schedule/
http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule

LMAO. Big brain fart. I was looking at the Heat home schedule. Please close or delete thread.

HI-FI
08-07-2013, 12:12 AM
The Legend :toast

Spursfan092120
08-07-2013, 12:14 AM
What were you looking at? I counted 15 b2b's for Miami.

Venti Quattro
08-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Stop watching the NBA if you think it's rigged. End of story.

Interrohater
08-07-2013, 12:17 AM
TGY with the goods

Budkin
08-07-2013, 12:19 AM

This. I know the league can be nudged and influenced by certain factors but if I ever discovered it was rigged absolutely I would never watch it again until I could be assured it wasn't.

TheGreatYacht
08-07-2013, 12:19 AM
TGY with the goodsNot really. I was looking at this http://www.ticketsnow.com/NBA/miami-heat-tickets/?extcmp=gw500402&wt.mc_id=NBATEAM_MIA_980x50 and they're all home games. Sorry. :(

Interrohater
08-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Not really. I was looking at this http://www.ticketsnow.com/NBA/miami-heat-tickets/?extcmp=gw500402&wt.mc_id=NBATEAM_MIA_980x50 and they're all home games. Sorry. :(

I know, I didn't believe it as soon as I read it, but you always make me laugh :lol

RD2191
08-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Because 2002 never happened.

Chris
08-07-2013, 12:36 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut_the_door.gif

Venti Quattro
08-07-2013, 12:45 AM

:lol tanking to get #1 pick

ElNono
08-07-2013, 12:56 AM
solid thread, will fwd:fwd:fwd: to family and friends, tbh...

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Christ. Shut up, Yacht.

Thebesteva
08-07-2013, 01:20 AM
NBA is pretty obviously rigged...but I cant stop watching.

timtonymanu
08-07-2013, 01:26 AM
How many posters this year will say they will stop watching the NBA only to watch it again the following day?

HI-FI
08-07-2013, 02:03 AM
NBA is pretty obviously rigged...but I cant stop watching.

props for a Laker fan admitting this. though I think rigged is a loaded term, i don't think everyone is conspiring or in on it. But I do believe the league is shady at times and is not so subtle at protecting its long term investments. Like MJ and gambling, Kobe and 2002, possibly 2010, not looking into the Biogenesis scandal when it's in the Heat's backyard etc....If you make good money for the league, you will be hooked up.

TE
08-07-2013, 02:05 AM
props for a Laker fan admitting this. though I think rigged is a loaded term, i don't think everyone is conspiring or in on it. But I do believe the league is shady at times and is not so subtle at protecting its long term investments. Like MJ and gambling, Kobe and 2002, possibly 2010, not looking into the Biogenesis scandal when it's in the Heat's backyard etc....If you make good money for the league, you will be hooked up.
tbh I can see the league looking into it when Superfriends are in decline (2-3 years)...obviously, it's not a good business move atm

Thebesteva
08-07-2013, 02:28 AM

Well I think the refs favor the team that 'should win'. For example, I knew there was NO way the NBA would allow the Celtics to win that game 7 @ LA. I dont feel the game was rigged but when it got close, the calls of course were going to favor the Lakers. In the sport that I would love, no team should get favored calls. I also feel the Lakers have been shafted as well in game 2 of 2008 and the 2004 series. Again, every fan of their respective teams is going to experience calls going against their team in one series or another.

lefty
08-07-2013, 02:35 AM
:lol tanking to get #1 pick
it was worth it TBH

http://img.printstown.com/sportingnews/2007_05_21_TIM_DUNCAN_LARGE.JPG

HI-FI
08-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Well I think the refs favor the team that 'should win'. For example, I knew there was NO way the NBA would allow the Celtics to win that game 7 @ LA. I dont feel the game was rigged but when it got close, the calls of course were going to favor the Lakers. In the sport that I would love, no team should get favored calls. I also feel the Lakers have been shafted as well in game 2 of 2008 and the 2004 series. Again, every fan of their respective teams is going to experience calls going against their team in one series or another.
IIRC (could be wrong) game 6 was the one with the shady moments in 2010. That was the one where Celtics got hosed at times. Perhaps league simply wanted to milk the most out of the series, which is common in NBA but bullshit as well, but I knew they wouldn't lose that game 7 after what happened. Spurs got hosed last year in the WCF, shit still pisses me off. since it was a shortened season maybe league would rather coronate Lebron or Durant in the Finals. however, we actually had a truly fair Finals this year. I think the league realized Spurs had a good and respectable angle, plus majority of the country was rooting for us, so league gave us a chance this year. Then Ginobili happened....

Thebesteva
08-07-2013, 02:57 AM
IIRC (could be wrong) game 6 was the one with the shady moments in 2010. That was the one where Celtics got hosed at times. Perhaps league simply wanted to milk the most out of the series, which is common in NBA but bullshit as well, but I knew they wouldn't lose that game 7 after what happened. Spurs got hosed last year in the WCF, shit still pisses me off. since it was a shortened season maybe league would rather coronate Lebron or Durant in the Finals. however, we actually had a truly fair Finals this year. I think the league realized Spurs had a good and respectable angle, plus majority of the country was rooting for us, so league gave us a chance this year. Then Ginobili happened....

it was really awkward what happened with Ginobli. At one point, all of us Laker fans were watching the game rooting for the Spurs but everytime Ginobli would touch the ball in games 6-7 we'd just all say," watch this idiot turn it over....OMG he did it again!" It was like scripted or some shit by Ginobli, no way that guy could suck that bad with turnovers out of no where. I mean its one thing to have a bad series but to literally lose the ball every few possessions is retarded.

HI-FI
08-07-2013, 03:15 AM
it was really awkward what happened with Ginobli. At one point, all of us Laker fans were watching the game rooting for the Spurs but everytime Ginobli would touch the ball in games 6-7 we'd just all say," watch this idiot turn it over....OMG he did it again!" It was like scripted or some shit by Ginobli, no way that guy could suck that bad with turnovers out of no where. I mean its one thing to have a bad series but to literally lose the ball every few possessions is retarded.
yes....we're still trying to come to turns with it. most Spurs fan has accepted the loss but still don't know what happened with him, it had to be mental. THe FT shooting, piss poor dribbling, making the dumbest passes at times. It has to be one of the worst Finals ever for a player. I used to love the guy so I'll hold off on conspiracy theories.

therealtruth
08-07-2013, 04:21 AM

The Kings had their chances but weren't ready for the moment.

Diego20
08-07-2013, 07:30 AM
I was analyzing the newly released NBA schedule for the Spurs and the Heat and I couldn't help but notice something astonishing. The San Antonio Spurs have 19 back to back games during the 2013-2014 regular season. On the other hand, the Miami Heat have 15 back to back games for the whole season. I also went through the Lakers schedule and to my surprise the Lakers have the same number of back to back games as the Spurs with 19.

I might have counted wrong or missed something. Please write on the comments if you notice any discrepancies on my back to backs numbers. I will update any mistakes I might have made.

Does David Stern want the Heat in the NBA Finals every year? I still need to take a look at OKC, Clippers, and Rockets schedules. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LMAO. Big brain fart. I was looking at the Heat home schedule. Please close or delete thread.

http://imaginepepperland.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/oh-please-tell-me-more.jpg?w=407

TD is alive, don't worry. So everything is OK for you.

Spur-Addict
08-07-2013, 07:36 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut_the_door.gif

:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
08-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Rodeo Road trip. Consider how that might affect our schedule and try again.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't know about OKC and the Rockets but the Clippers usually get fucked over schedule-wise (mainly because the Lakers get the best times at Staples usually).... this year is an exception with a shorter Grammy road trip than usual, only three games each against the Spurs and Grizzlies, a fairly easy March and April, and five of the last six games at home....

dallasmaverickslose
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Even though you did brain fart, I do agree with you that the NBA is rigged. To what degree? I'm not entirely sure. But there's definitely a bias in the league, whether particular individuals that run it want to admit it or not.

idk, what do you think?

xmas1997
08-07-2013, 09:43 AM
The rigging part stems from Stern and his agenda, or rather his emphasis on individual stars versus team play.

spurspokesman
08-07-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut_the_door.gifI lol'd

DMC
08-07-2013, 04:50 PM
How many posters this year will say they will stop watching the NBA only to watch it again the following day?

Only on B2B games though

DMC
08-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Even though you did brain fart, I do agree with you that the NBA is rigged. To what degree? I'm not entirely sure. But there's definitely a bias in the league, whether particular individuals that run it want to admit it or not.

idk, what do you think?

It's not rigged. Stacked yes, but not rigged. There are ref issues but no clear direction they take that indicates WWE style playing. If it was rigged the players and coaches and owners would know.

So no, it's not rigged. We don't get our way, and we don't get all the calls, but there's no reason to have Miami winning championships. The best for the league would be LA or NY. San Antonio would have zero championships in a rigged league.

Rogue
08-07-2013, 08:09 PM
NBA rigged? of course it is, the warning has been existing just as long as the "global warming" alarm, it seems to me.

ambchang
08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
The proof has always been on Wade's jaw, Lebron's biceps and Kobe's wolverine like healing abilities.

But we will never see the league suspend teams like they did to that late 80's Rockets team, because there isn't a team that is standing in the way of the league's great plans.

Slydragon
08-08-2013, 06:29 PM
http://tom-tom82.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-nba-where-fixed-happens.html

facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/SpursDyNasty?hc_location=stream

Baseline
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Stop watching the NBA if you think it's rigged. End of story. The mantra of all Laker fans.

doldrums
08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
DAVID STERN is no longer the commissioner.

The rigging part stems from Stern and his agenda, or rather his emphasis on individual stars versus team play.

barakz21
08-09-2013, 07:11 AM
So the league is rigged, big deal. My team wins year in and year out, and they're never pathetic. Do they win championships regularly? No, but at least they have four. A lot of teams haven't even won a title, let alone win consistently.

Hoops Czar
08-09-2013, 11:32 AM
So the league is rigged, big deal. My team wins year in and year out, and they're never pathetic. Do they win championships regularly? No, but at least they have four. A lot of teams haven't even won a title, let alone win consistently.

Why do you think so few teams are winning titles? If the league wanted to play fair, they would have issued a hard cap which would allow small market teams to compete with large market teams. As it stands now, large market teams will always have an advantage because they can afford to pay the luxury tax. Since the NBA is driven by ratings, and has no desire to become the NHL anytime soon, the players will continue to own this league with larger markets continuing to prosper and smaller markets tanking to get draft picks and then struggling to hold on to them. The worst part is there isn't a damn thing the NBA can do about it (not that Stern really cares). The NBA rigged themselves and now they have to live with the consequences.

This is what happens when the league markets players and not teams.

xmas1997
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Wrong, he doesn't officially retire until February, or weren't you paying attention?

Horse
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM

It is not news that the nba is rigged. However I really can't stop wathcing. After the horror of game 6 WCF 2012 I cancelled Nba ticket but renewed a few months later. I just hold out hope eventually they give our Spurs a fair shake.

barakz21
08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Why do you think so few teams are winning titles? If the league wanted to play fair, they would have issued a hard cap which would allow small market teams to compete with large market teams. As it stands now, large market teams will always have an advantage because they can afford to pay the luxury tax. Since the NBA is driven by ratings, and has no desire to become the NHL anytime soon, the players will continue to own this league with larger markets continuing to prosper and smaller markets tanking to get draft picks and then struggling to hold on to them. The worst part is there isn't a damn thing the NBA can do about it (not that Stern really cares). The NBA rigged themselves and now they have to live with the consequences.

I get what you're saying, and I'm not gonna argue with you. But sometimes, teams just don't help themselves win with questionable decisions. Teams like Milwaukee, Charlotte, Isaiah Knicks, Toronto, etc. come to mind.

elmanutres
08-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Adam silver is Stern 2.0, he is basically a taller, more awkward version of stern.

cd021
08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
If the league was rigged, why would they let teams like New York and Boston fall into disrepair for more than a decade. Yet Minnesota got 6 top 5 picks in a span of 6 years.

Also They most hyped draft (06, the top 2 picks at least) went to Portland and Seattle despite both N.Y and Boston also being in the lottery ( granted they weren't as bad.

Biased?, possibly.

Rigged? No

Baseline
08-11-2013, 02:55 AM
So the league is rigged, big deal. My team wins year in and year out, and they're never pathetic. Do they win championships regularly? No, but at least they have four. A lot of teams haven't even won a title, let alone win consistently. That's what kills me about Pop blowing Game 6. The Spurs have been boned time and time again by the league, the refs, Stern, etc. But this year, we weren't. Pop blew this one all by himself, with a huge assist from Manu. So for me, the pain of O.4, the Derek Anderson injury, the Manu foul on Dirk, the Stern-orchestrated Pau Gasol trade (a direct Spur counterbalancing measure)...all of that came rushing back, because the 2013 Finals was within OUR control, not Stern, the Stern-puppet refs, or any outside force...yet Pop found a way to hand it over himself.

heyheymymy
08-11-2013, 04:48 AM

someone should start a trend of going to small markets and making it their town.

barakz21
08-11-2013, 06:12 AM
That's what kills me about Pop blowing Game 6. The Spurs have been boned time and time again by the league, the refs, Stern, etc. But this year, we weren't. Pop blew this one all by himself, with a huge assist from Manu. So for me, the pain of O.4, the Derek Anderson injury, the Manu foul on Dirk, the Stern-orchestrated Pau Gasol trade (a direct Spur counterbalancing measure)...all of that came rushing back, because the 2013 Finals was within OUR control, not Stern, the Stern-puppet refs, or any outside force...yet Pop found a way to hand it over himself.

I agree with you brother. I just think it could'a gone differently. If Pop put in Timmy, maybe there wouldn't be rebounds to pick up since the 3balls go in on the 1st try. Maybe they don't and Timmy picks up the rebound and misses both fts. A lot of things could have happened. It hurts, but like I said, it's better coming up short for our 5th than coming up short for our 1st.

kemak
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
David Stern retired so we can't use him as the scapegoat no mo.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1114888/sternlol.gif