PDA

View Full Version : BR45, Garry Patterson tells it like it is to LSU.

DMX7
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
TCU coach Gary Patterson is not about to let his players vote on a teammate's discipline.

Patterson, whose Horned Frogs open the season against LSU on Aug. 31, criticized Tigers coach Les Miles for reinstating running back Jeremy Hill after his teammates voted to allow him to return to the team.

"I'm sure if it was some opponent they'd beat by 100 points [the players] wouldn't have a vote," Patterson said, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "It's not my worry. I've got to play whoever they put on the field."

Hill had been suspended from all team activities since his April 29 arrest for punching a man outside of a Baton Rouge, La., bar. He was already on probation for pleading guilty to a 2012 misdemeanor stemming from his sexual relationship with a then-14-year-old girl while he was in high school.

Hill pleaded guilty to misdemeanor simple battery for the bar fight charge in July and practiced for the first time Monday.

Miles wouldn't rule out Hill missing games, saying he wanted to keep his punishment internal.

TCU has its own key player facing a suspension for the LSU game, with defensive end Devonte Fields banned for the first two games of the season for violating team rules during the spring. But Patterson said a similar vote to the one LSU used with Hill is out of the question.

"My whole team would vote Devonte to be back on the team because they all want to win," Patterson said. "That doesn't teach life lessons."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/college-football/story/_/id/9549053/tcu-coach-gary-patterson-not-fan-lsu-voting-discipline

Sisk
08-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Sounds like he's mad he didn't think of the voting process tbh.

DesignatedT
08-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Lol Patterson gunna get skull fucked by LSU.

DMX7
08-07-2013, 10:27 PM
HAHA, I see. The whole S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C crew (sheep-fucking chapter) is coming to Big Lezz's defense because the brotherhood will not be insulted.

Haha, too bad Gary Patterson has 1,000x the integrity Lezbo Miles does.

Sisk
08-07-2013, 10:50 PM
What if we compare their national titles?

rjv
08-08-2013, 11:07 AM
HAHA, I see. The whole S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C crew (sheep-fucking chapter) is coming to Big Lezz's defense because the brotherhood will not be insulted.

Haha, too bad Gary Patterson has 1,000x the integrity Lezbo Miles does. http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/08/08/tcus-gary-patterson-should-look-in-mirror-before-criticizing-les-miles-lsu/
college coaches have about 1/5 the integrity of the normal citizen.

CubanSucks
08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
What if we compare their national titles?

LSU: 3 1/2
A&M: 2
TCU: 1
:wow LOOK AT THAT DIFFERENCE!!!!!

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/08/08/tcus-gary-patterson-should-look-in-mirror-before-criticizing-les-miles-lsu/
college coaches have about 1/5 the integrity of the normal citizen.

Stretching much? First and foremost, a violent crime =/= substance abuse, gtfo with any comparison. Second, Pachall missed most of last season for fucks sake. Third, suspending Devonte Fields absolutely gives him ground in this argument. And lastly, he's comparing a guy's questionable handling over the past 10 months to Les who's known for this shit. I can't remember which players in which years but this isn't the first blind eye turned/bullshit excuse making Les has done.

rjv
08-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Stretching much? First and foremost, a violent crime =/= substance abuse, gtfo with any comparison. Second, Pachall missed most of last season for fucks sake. Third, suspending Devonte Fields absolutely gives him ground in this argument. And lastly, he's comparing a guy's questionable handling over the past 10 months to Les who's known for this shit. I can't remember which players in which years but this isn't the first blind eye turned/bullshit excuse making Les has done. lots of coaches are know for this kind of relativism. it saturates the profession.

Sisk
08-08-2013, 05:19 PM

Who said anything about A&M?

How many national titles does Patterson have? How many does Miles have?

DMX7
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
A&M has one national title. 1939 AP title.

CubanSucks
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Who said anything about A&M?

How many national titles does Patterson have? How many does Miles have?

A&M has one national title. 1939 AP title.

Yeah, that's what I was going for, I thought he was comparing programs. And as far as comparing Miles and Patterson, how's that relevant?

Sisk
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, that's what I was going for, I thought he was comparing programs. And as far as comparing Miles and Patterson, how's that relevant?

Did you read the OP? It's a comment that Patterson is making about Miles...

CubanSucks
08-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I meant comparing their number of titles, it's not relevant

Sisk
08-08-2013, 08:50 PM
I meant comparing their number of titles, it's not relevant

He compared their morals - I asked to compare national titles.

Would you rather have a coach that wins titles or has high character?

CubanSucks
08-08-2013, 09:01 PM
He compared their morals - I asked to compare national titles.

Ahh, the ol when at all costs schtick. You could have both like with Patterson, maybe not titles but consider the school and how long they've been an automatic qualifier

Sisk
08-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Ahh, the ol when at all costs schtick. You could have both like with Patterson, maybe not titles but consider the school and how long they've been an automatic qualifier

It's not a schtick. It's life. Nobody cares what you do as long as you win.

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:27 AM
To be fair GP is a whiny faggot.

:lol losing to Tuberville
:lol "but they're ready to take the next step!"
:lol no they aren't

Vito Corleone
08-11-2013, 01:12 PM
It's not a schtick. It's life. Nobody cares what you do as long as you win.

I hope I never know you in real life, you are not the kind of person I want to associate with.

And yes you can be successful and have integrity, but look who I'm talking to, aggsy know nothing about success except when they cheat.

The Reckoning
08-11-2013, 02:20 PM
oh snap goes the weasel

DesignatedT
08-11-2013, 09:12 PM
I hope I never know you in real life, you are not the kind of person I want to associate with.

And yes you can be successful and have integrity, but look who I'm talking to, aggsy know nothing about success except when they cheat.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Sisk
08-11-2013, 09:23 PM

:lol

Clipper Nation
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
To be fair GP is a whiny faggot.
True, Gary is a complete blowhard, still remember his public meltdown when other coaches wouldn't vote TCU high enough for them to get into a BCS bowl as a 2-loss team.... then there was the time he publicly whined about the refs when they lost to SMU :lol

Clipper Nation
08-11-2013, 09:30 PM

:cry "But but but Clowney signed an autograph too!" :cry

:cry "Our 7 major violations are a sip conspiracy!" :cry

Vito Corleone
08-12-2013, 12:45 AM
I love that aggsy are laughing at my remarks, shows the type of people they are.

rjv
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I love that aggsy are laughing at my remarks, shows the type of people they are. :lol (maybe we're just easily amused)

Vito Corleone
08-13-2013, 05:50 AM
no, your just starved for any type of success, you don't care where it comes from or how you get it.

You have my pity

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm sure Vito Corleone was equally as outraged when Sergio Kindle drunkenly crashed his car into that apartment complex then left the scene and played every down for UT the next year.

rjv
08-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sure Vito Corleone was equally as outraged when Sergio Kindle drunkenly crashed his car into that apartment complex then left the scene and played every down for UT the next year. i'm sure vito is the fan who removes himself from fanship once any member of any team he has rooted for is infiltrated by alleged date rapists, coaches sleeping around or DWI offenders. moral relativism under the guise of sanctimony. as vito's son once quipped "don't fool yourself senator. we're both part of the same hypocrisy".

Blake
08-13-2013, 04:56 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

awesome

DMX7
08-14-2013, 07:37 AM
lol, Aggies' brain can't even process the concept of winning with integrity. They are mutually exclusive.... I said!!! :lmao

pgardn
08-14-2013, 08:33 AM

It's one or the other in College Station.

Woot...

rjv
08-14-2013, 10:46 AM
lol, Aggies' brain can even process the concept of winning with integrity. They are mutually exclusive.... I said!!! :lmao on the assumption that you meant to write can't instead of can, it think one could reasonably infer that if a program is based on its individual members then we haven't had a clean champion in decades. if the criteria is institutional corruption, as in money from boosters, falsifying academic credentials or cover ups of transgression (criminal or NCAA related) then that would apply to only a certain number of schools. on a scale of relativism, miles is certainly more utilitarian than patterson. but they're both skating on ice (as most NCAA coaches are).