PDA

View Full Version : Kings: DeMarcus Cousins

ambchang
08-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Excellent article by Zach Lowe again, this time around the enigma Boogie:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9541808/the-future-demarcus-boogie-cousins-nba-biggest-mystery

In terms of skill set, DC is quite unique in a league where talented big men are rare. He can do a great lot of things on offense, but he has no idea of his limitations, and showed no interest in helping his team win. It's almost like he doesn't realize he is a professional ball player pulling money to do a job.

His attitude reminds me a great deal of an early day Zach Randolph. No interest on defense, difficult to get along, quick to anger. Perhaps DC will one day mature and fulfill his potential like ZR does, but attitude is a funny thing, and being kept in an environment like the Kings is probably not the best place for DC.

Another player he reminds me of is Derrick Coleman. Ultra talented big man, great passer, fantastic offensive game, but a knucklehead of epic proportions. Difference is that Coleman was a smart ball player who reads the court extremely well, and can play decent defense. Coleman's problem was laziness, Cousins' is lazy, difficult to get along, and wouldn't listen.

Dex
08-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Cousins doesn't so much participate in a pick-and-roll as he does execute a pick-and-stand-there. You can find a lot of pick-and-rolls where Cousins doesn't cut to the rim — doesn't move at all, really — until after the ball handler has picked up his dribble and gone into a shooting motion, suggesting Cousins only revs up when he senses a chance at an offensive board.

:lol I love Lowe's articles.

D-Wade
08-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Good stuff. I'm actually a fan of Cousins. Put up some monster numbers for me in fantasy 2 years ago... when he wasn't getting fouled out, ejected or suspended. Incredibly skilled but his own worst enemy

Rogue
08-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Dude has the talents and he's already one of the top5 bigs in the league even at such a young age but his poor work ethic will always count against his odd of success imho. Dude's a smart nigga I believe, judging by his eyes and his brain size.

92 Shoot em up
08-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Have to get him out of Sacramento to see his true worth imho. Let him get coached up by a Pop or Doc and then we'll see wht's up with this guy.