PDA

View Full Version : Bellinelli

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Seeing him play right now against Israel... Oh Boy he suck!!! 3-13 FG with 4 TO and poor decision making and shot selection...

T Park
08-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Cherry picking games in the summer as opposed to using his 21 point game yesterday is intelligent.

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Italy playing much better without him!!!

Blizzardwizard
08-08-2013, 03:10 PM
He's obviously not going to be at full fitness right now

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Finally good play by him, great assist to seal the win.

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:16 PM
3 point Italy lead with 9 second to go, Italy obviously foul to send Israel to the line, what spurs should have do to win the title... Why pop why...

ace3g
08-08-2013, 03:18 PM
^ Int strategy

DesignatedT
08-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Stop posting.

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:22 PM
^ Int strategy

It's not a strategy, I didn't know it would happened, but it's certainly bringing back dreadful sights.

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Stop posting.

Maybe you?

boutons_deux
08-08-2013, 03:24 PM
did he do his Big Balls prancing and dancing?

ace3g
08-08-2013, 03:26 PM
It's not a strategy, I didn't know it would happened, but it's certainly bringing back dreadful sights.

International team strategy.

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:27 PM
did he do his Big Balls prancing and dancing?

You like that shit? It's only show bellinelli is pathetic wannabe and not tough...

kobyz
08-08-2013, 03:32 PM
International team strategy.

You should have been more specific lol... I don't care it's international or not, in a title game you have to do it no matter what, stop be American idiot.

ace3g
08-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Just explaining why Italy did it, more common for Int Teams to take that approach. NBA teams tend to try force teams to take bad shots to end the game instead of giving them free points.

wildbill2u
08-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Just explaining why Italy did it, more common for Int Teams to take that approach. NBA teams tend to try force teams to take bad shots to end the game instead of giving them free points.

Seems like they used to foul in that situation back in the day, especially if they could foul a poor FT shooter. I suppose the computers have told them the best strategy with a better percentage is to try to play great D.

benefactor
08-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Remind us again why you haven't Monteith'd yourself yet?

Budkin
08-08-2013, 03:51 PM
He's never even had a practice with the Spurs or been coached by Pop. Gimme a break.

xmas1997
08-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Granted, the Spurs FO have made mistakes in the Pop era, yet they are few and far between as compared to the rest of the league, Jefferson being one that comes to mind.
However IMHO they did their due diligence this time when it comes to Belinelli, so don't pay any attention to that whiny troll, kobyz, he talks through his ass unfortunately.
In any case, the jury is out until we see him perform in a Spurs jersey, right?

anakha
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Remind us again why you haven't Monteith'd yourself yet?

dylankerouac
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have a link to stream these games?

Johnsyounger
08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

bklynspursfan
08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Belinelli led all scorers with 21 points on 9-of-12 shooting from the field (1-of-2 from three), he also collected 1 assist and stole the ball 3 times.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/belinelli-s-21-points-lead-italy-over-georgia-in-exhibition-play.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ysHturug-Y

LakerHater
08-08-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EHU0BNNa8l0

Bruno
08-08-2013, 05:42 PM
What a shitty thread.

First, Belinelli has been in the league for years. It's damn weird and stupid to judge him on one game he had with Italian NT. He is a known quantity.

Second, the main reason why teams are fouling when up 3 in Europe and not in NBA is because refs call the game differently. NBA refs are especially way more prone to call a foul a shooting foul and grant 3 free throws than in Europe.

DJR210
08-08-2013, 07:36 PM
What a shitty thread.

First, Belinelli has been in the league for years. It's damn weird and stupid to judge him on one game he had with Italian NT. He is a known quantity.

Second, the main reason why teams are fouling when up 3 in Europe and not in NBA is because refs call the game differently. NBA refs are especially way more prone to call a foul a shooting foul and grant 3 free throws than in Europe.

LMAO, this is the meanest post I've ever seen from Bruno.

Also, TC learn some fucking english man, your writing hurts my eyes.

concan1
08-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Obviously Kobyz did not watch Bellinelli in the Miami playoff series. He looked great the whole series. Obviously you folks did not see him play at the end of the season.

kobyz
08-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Bellinelli is a garbage NBA player, even last season i saw him play with the Bulls, when giving him the ball he can't create high percents shots, he has heavy and awkward style so it also ruin team chemistry on offense, has mediocre IQ, on defense he's terrible, not a pure competitor and has bad instincs, as a shooter he is not great either, very streaky, he remind me as a player that bitch Roger Mason, not surprise Bulls toss him and chose to sign old injury dunleavy...
Spurs only sign him cause they are in big mess and trauma after the finals, they don't know what they doing right now...

kobyz
08-09-2013, 12:09 AM
What a shitty thread.

that was maybe in the past, now NBA refs are refereeing it more profeshional and from the books, and of course they wouldn't call such foul a shooting foul on the spurs at that situation, they still has some respect to the Spurs...
your point of view is shitty on this!!!

Rogue
08-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Giving 3m/yr to Belli instead of Neal will turn out to be a dumb choice imho. Belli might be a decent role player and he's probably worth that money in this crazy market, but my nigga Neal is still ahead of him by at least a mile.

TheWriter
08-09-2013, 01:20 AM
How does this kobyz have 1,306 posts and he isn't pinked? They still pink people here, right?

xmas1997
08-09-2013, 01:23 AM
How does this kobyz have 1,306 posts and he isn't pinked? They still pink people here, right?

9 out of every 10 posts are a whine about dying.

Sean Cagney
08-09-2013, 01:23 AM
The first thought I had is this guy who had the hundred meltdowns since June is still alive? I am shocked this guy is actually posting now and not crying over the finals or game 6 anymore talking about he is going to die and his life is over. Thats progress!
9 out of every 10 posts are a whine about dying.

LOL shhhhhh, he has somewhat gone away from that now man.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Giving 3m/yr to Belli instead of Neal will turn out to be a dumb choice imho. Belli might be a decent role player and he's probably worth that money in this crazy market, but my nigga Neal is still ahead of him by at least a mile.
In doses, maybe. The problem with Neal is that he's one of the most inconsistent players in the league. He'll kill it for 21 one night, and go 0-7 the next. At least Belli might be more consistent, and we'll know what we're getting when he steps on the court.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there was a guy named KoolAid_Man....

Ice009
08-09-2013, 02:01 AM
In doses, maybe. The problem with Neal is that he's one of the most inconsistent players in the league. He'll kill it for 21 one night, and go 0-7 the next. At least Belli might be more consistent, and we'll know what we're getting when he steps on the court.

Neal never goes 0-7. He might have a lower percentage one night, but he usually always hits a few shots. He had foot problems all season too, so that has to be something to consider as he shot better the previous two seasons prior to this one.

The problem with him is defense and decision making, nothing to do with his shooting. He's a lethal shooter, and it's hard to find someone that has the confidence to do it throughout the playoffs instead of just in regular season games when the pressure and defensive intensity isn't as high. Neal shoots with the same confidence in a pressure playoff game as he does in the regular season game. A lot of players wilt in the playoffs, so let's not go downplaying his shooting ability to make Bellineli look better. I'd say the Spurs let him go because of his other flaws, and I seriously doubt his shooting percentage was even remotely a factor in letting him go.

TheWriter
08-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Neal never goes 0-7.

He's gone 0-6 a couple of times in his career.

xmas1997
08-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Don't understand why so many are down on Belinelli before he has even suited up for the Spurs, it makes no sense. He is decent on offense and has shown he can play defense when he was with the Bulls, thus he should be an upgrade over Neal once he learns the system.
I've noticed an ungodly amount of dense unreasonable narrow minded posters posing as Spurs fans on this site this off season!
What's up with that?

kobyz
08-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Don't understand why so many are down on Belinelli before he has even suited up for the Spurs, it makes no sense. He is decent on offense and has shown he can play defense when he was with the Bulls, thus he should be an upgrade over Neal once he learns the system.
I've noticed an ungodly amount of dense unreasonable narrow minded posters posing as Spurs fans on this site this off season!
What's up with that?
Actually You are the most narrow minded poster in history!

Juggity
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
kobyz is quickly approaching enshrinement in the legendary hall of GNSFs

Drom John
08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Hmm, worst 0-for since 1985-1986:

Jamie Fieck, 0-11

Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, 0-10

Terry Cummings, Sidney Green, Chuck Person, Malik Rose, 0-9

Derek Anderson, Vinny Del Negro, Michael Finley, Manu Ginobili (2), Danny Green, Avery Johnson, Jerome Kersey, Chuck Person, Terry Porter, David Robinson, 0-8

Bruce Bowen (2), Terry Cummngs, Johnny Dawkins, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott, Michael Finley, Manu Ginobili (2), Danny Green, Jaren Jackson, Richard Jefferson, Jerome Kersey, Chuck Person (2), Paul Pressey, Malik Rose, Ime Udoka, 0-7

Of the 69 0-6 games, Gary Neal has two.
Others with multiple 0-6:
Matt Bonner (3)
Bruce Bowen (7)
Vinny Del Negro (2)
Michael Finley (4)
Manu Ginobil (2)
Danny Green (3)
Jaren Jackson (2)
Stephen Jackson (4)
Avery Johnson (2)
Chuck Person (3)
Malik Rose (2)
Charles Smith (2)

xmas1997
08-09-2013, 11:29 AM

Still moaning, Mr. Whiner, are we? Idiots should be seen and not heard, so go back to your little sad sack room and play with your toys like a good little boy!
Don't make me come in there!:nope

Drom John
08-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Worst career 0-fors, players on 2012-2014 rosters

0-10, Ginobili, Parker
0-9, Belinelli (Bulls)
0-8, Green
0-6, Bonner, Jackson, Neal
0-5, Diaw (Bobcats and Hawks), Pedergraph (Pacers)
0-4, Anderson, Blair, DeColo, Leonard, Splitter
0-3, Mills (Blazers)
0-2, Joseph
0-1, Baynes
NEVER!, Duncan (1-10 worst 1-for)

Drom John
08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Comments about some of the 0-fors.

Parker's 0-10 was in 2002 against the Lakers. Five others, two 0-5, two 0-2, one 0-0 (2 MP), none since 2007.
Belinelli's 0-9 was at the Kings last March.
Splitter's only 0-4 was against the Lakers in this year's playoffs.
Duncan's 1-10 was against Dwight Howard (and Gortat) in a Magic blowout. Duncan's most recent 1for was 1-9 against Asik in a win against the Rockets, 10 PT, 8-8 FT, 13 RB.

Sean Cagney
08-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Neal never goes 0-7. He might have a lower percentage one night, but he usually always hits a few shots. He had foot problems all season too, so that has to be something to consider as he shot better the previous two seasons prior to this one.

The problem with him is defense and decision making, nothing to do with his shooting. He's a lethal shooter, and it's hard to find someone that has the confidence to do it throughout the playoffs instead of just in regular season games when the pressure and defensive intensity isn't as high. Neal shoots with the same confidence in a pressure playoff game as he does in the regular season game. A lot of players wilt in the playoffs, so let's not go downplaying his shooting ability to make Bellineli look better. I'd say the Spurs let him go because of his other flaws, and I seriously doubt his shooting percentage was even remotely a factor in letting him go.
Game 6 and 7 he was bad though Ice. Like u said his D and decision making was bad, launching 1 on 3 27 foot threes at times. He also was not a PG but Pop tried it.

Hoops Czar
08-09-2013, 03:33 PM
and has shown he can play defense when he was with the Bulls,

He has? Geez, I must have missed that game. Posters who constantly knocked Neal's defense are in for a rude awakening when they see Belinelli's. He had a career year defensively last year ONLY allowing 107 points per 100 possessions and Neal still bested it.

There's a reason why the offensively challenged Bulls let him walk after one year for next to nothing. If he was such a good catch, this wouldn't be his 5th team in 7 years. With that said, I think he'll be marginal upgrade over Neal, putting up similar numbers on offense and he should help to limit Ginobili's minutes during the regular season, which is a good thing.

SpurCharger
08-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Marco Will Be fine..... Him And Neal, Are very Similar players... Marco Played Well on the Big Stage, Against The Heat in the playoffs... Neal Had 1 Good Game in the finals against the Heat.... Belinelli Played well 4 out of the 5 games against the Heat.... Not Saying he is Better then Neal, But To Me, they Both Play Below Average Defense, they both can Hit the 3 ball, and both are Average Ball Handlers.... Only time will tell, Not gonna Judge A guy after 1 international game.....

Spur|n|Austin
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Marco Will Be fine..... Him And Neal, Are very Similar players... Marco Played Well on the Big Stage, Against The Heat in the playoffs... Neal Had 1 Good Game in the finals against the Heat.... Belinelli Played well 4 out of the 5 games against the Heat.... Not Saying he is Better then Neal, But To Me, they Both Play Below Average Defense, they both can Hit the 3 ball, and both are Average Ball Handlers.... Only time will tell, Not gonna Judge A guy after 1 international game.....

Those capital letters hurt my eyes :lol

08-14-2013, 04:35 AM
I doubt Marco attempts a 3 during a 2-on-1 fast break the way Neal was so accustomed to doing

LakerHater
09-09-2013, 05:30 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/807482991.jpg?1378755829

benefactor
09-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Seeing him play right now against Israel... Oh Boy he suck!!! 3-13 FG with 4 TO and poor decision making and shot selection...
Gr8 take.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
How many Belinelli threads do we need?
Apparently this one isn't enough?

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I don't think it has.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sierra/belinelli-couldnt-pass-on-the-spurs

Belinelli couldn't pass on the Spurs

I guess it was a big deal for you to sign as a free agent early in the summer to be able to focus on the Italian National Team.

Marco Belinelli: I really care about the National Team. It's very important for us to be a part of this group, to play with the Italian jersey. My mentality was to be ready to play with the National Team. I spoke after the season with coach Simone [Pianigiani] and the Italian organization and I told them to wait. My first focus was to find a good contract with an NBA team, and then I would be part of this team. I'm really happy right now to be here playing a tournament like the European championship.

Is this the best Italian team you've ever played with?

MB: Yes. Like a group? Yes. We really play together, we spend time off the court... I'm really happy and very proud of this team.

How does that work? You're missing big names and you're better as a team.

MB: We started the training camp with Andrea [Bargnani] but he had problems with his stomach, the flu... and then we lost a lot of players like Angelo Gigli... But at the same time when you play a competition like this, in one month, you just play with the guys you have and you don't care about the guys that are not here. We want to win and that's it.

Why the Spurs?

MB: Because I think it's one of the best teams or maybe the best team in the NBA, they have a great organization, a great coach. I will improve my game and try to help the team to win the championship.

How was their pitch?

MB: This summer a lot of teams called me to sign a contract with them. But at the same time when a team like San Antonio and a coach like Gregg Popovich call you, and they want you so bad on their team, then you want to win the championship with them. The money was good, it's a two-year deal, but at the same time it was the best team to improve my game and try to win the title.

Did you personally talked with Popovich before signing?

MB: I talked with Popovich on the phone. I talked with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, RC Buford here... I was happy to see them here at the Eurobasket.

You're basically taking Gary Neal's spot on the team. What do you think you can bring to the table that he didn't?

MB: I don't know. I'll just try to be the player that I am, help the team, score the ball, play good defense, play the pick-and-roll... I'll do everything to improve my game and try to win.

This is your fifth NBA team in six years. I guess you're looking for a little bit of stability now.

MB: That's true. In the NBA you never know. It's a different world, but right now I'm so happy to be part of the San Antonio Spurs organization.

Which move did you dislike the most?

MB: I think every year when I moved was important for me: Golden State, Toronto, Chicago... For me, it made me a better person, with a better mentality. For me, the most important year was the first year in New Orleans, then Chicago. The year before, Toronto and Golden State, it was OK but it was very difficult for me. But they helped me a lot for my confidence and everything.

look_at_g_shred
09-20-2013, 11:10 AM

I guess it was a big deal for you to sign as a free agent early in the summer to be able to focus on the Italian National Team.

Marco Belinelli: I really care about the National Team. It's very important for us to be a part of this group, to play with the Italian jersey. My mentality was to be ready to play with the National Team. I spoke after the season with coach Simone [Pianigiani] and the Italian organization and I told them to wait. My first focus was to find a good contract with an NBA team, and then I would be part of this team. I'm really happy right now to be here playing a tournament like the European championship.

MB: Yes. Like a group? Yes. We really play together, we spend time off the court... I'm really happy and very proud of this team.

MB: We started the training camp with Andrea but he had problems with his stomach, the flu... and then we lost a lot of players like Angelo Gigli... But at the same time when you play a competition like this, in one month, you just play with the guys you have and you don't care about the guys that are not here. We want to win and that's it.

Why the Spurs?

MB: Because I think it's one of the best teams or maybe the best team in the NBA, they have a great organization, a great coach. I will improve my game and try to help the team to win the championship.

How was their pitch?

MB: This summer a lot of teams called me to sign a contract with them. But at the same time when a team like San Antonio and a coach like Gregg Popovich call you, and they want you so bad on their team, then you want to win the championship with them. The money was good, it's a two-year deal, but at the same time it was the best team to improve my game and try to win the title.

MB: I talked with Popovich on the phone. I talked with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, RC Buford here... I was happy to see them here at the Eurobasket.

You're basically taking Gary Neal's spot on the team. What do you think you can bring to the table that he didn't?
MB: I don't know. I'll just try to be the player that I am, help the team, score the ball, [b]play good defense, play the pick-and-roll... I'll do everything to improve my game and try to win.

This is your fifth NBA team in six years. I guess you're looking for a little bit of stability now.

MB: That's true. In the NBA you never know. It's a different world, but right now I'm so happy to be part of the San Antonio Spurs organization.

MB: I think every year when I moved was important for me: Golden State, Toronto, Chicago... For me, it made me a better person, with a better mentality. For me, the most important year was the first year in New Orleans, then Chicago. The year before, Toronto and Golden State, it was OK but it was very difficult for me. But they helped me a lot for my confidence and everything.

racm
09-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Spurs confirmed for being a better recruiter of FAs than Kevin Durant.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Spurs confirmed for being a better recruiter of FAs than Kevin Durant.

Rather, it was Pop who apparently got it done.

racm
09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Rather, it was Pop who apparently got it done.

Big feat considering this team doesn't recruit high-profile FAs...

though tbh, Belinelli is a career role player (so he can be had on the cheap) and a Euro (so he's be warmer toward the Spurs).

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 11:52 AM
But can he produce? Someone posted his numbers for his last game for the National Team and they were awful.

TheGreatYacht
09-20-2013, 12:15 PM

MB: We started the training camp with Andrea but he had problems with his stomach, the flu... and then we lost a lot of players like Angelo Gigli... But at the same time when you play a competition like this, in one month, you just play with the guys you have and you don't care about the guys that are not here. We want to win and that's it.

Why the Spurs?

[B]How was their pitch?

MB: I don't know. I'll just try to be the player that I am, help the team, score the ball, play good defense, play the pick-and-roll... I'll do everything to improve my game and try to win.

MB: I think every year when I moved was important for me: Golden State, Toronto, Chicago... For me, it made me a better person, with a better mentality. For me, the most important year was the first year in New Orleans, then Chicago. The year before, Toronto and Golden State, it was OK but it was very difficult for me. But they helped me a lot for my confidence and everything.And here is me thinking this whole time that Popovich is no longer part of the recruitment of players. I sure wish that Pop would have talked to other players such as Jarrett Jack, AK47, or Greg Oden. Maybe Pop did try to reach them? I guess we'll never know. Of course Manu's fat contract made it more difficult to sign these players in the first place.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:37 PM
TGY, maybe Pop did talk to some of those players you mentioned, yet you are content to go and bash without even giving it a second thought.
I am really beginning to think it was a huge mistake to defend a few of your takes after reading so many of yours afterward that were so narrow minded and showed so little insight, just like these with Pop.
Makes you feel like a fool now, doesn't it? I've felt that way before, many many times.
It may come to light that you were dead wrong about Manu too in the future just like with Pop. And if it does come to light, you are going to really look like a huge fool..
Is your trigger happy wrath worth making a fool of yourself?
The classy Spur fan resists making too quick and irrational judgements like that which is the mark of a very immature individual with inferiority issues.

look_at_g_shred
09-22-2013, 10:25 PM
8 ppg/3 assists come January first? Over or Under?

Kool Bob Love
09-22-2013, 10:49 PM
8 ppg/3 assists come January first? Over or Under?

Fuck January. I want him to really produce in the playoffs. Marco will have 82 games to get it right.

NickiRasgo
09-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Tell that to BRHornet_45 son.

xmas1997
09-23-2013, 09:09 AM

Oh, that really explains things then, as to why Marco is being bashed before he has even suited up!
But then I should expect this sort of ignorance and blind hatred after reading the countless posts of "I hate Manu", or "I hate Pop" threads on here, and even in the threads that have nothing to do with that too!
Now it's bash Beli time?
Geeez, the trolls are active and restless and hungry this off season!

look_at_g_shred
09-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Marco seems like a guy who fits so well in the Spurs' system. A guy that can just come in from day one and contribute right away. I don't think it will take long for him to be acclimated in the system.

boutons_deux
09-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Marco seems like a guy who fits so well in the Spurs' system. A guy that can just come in from day one and contribute right away. I don't think it will take long for him to be acclimated in the system.

he's still gotta play within the system, esp on defense. I think he could really help, but it'll take few months to learn the system.

ace3g
09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKtevQhu2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-O_3WeVrJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fl-PIxg3dA