PDA

View Full Version : The hypothetical "If only Trayvon had a gun" actually came true. LOL Florida.

TSA
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/justified-under-stand-your-ground-choir-director-armed-stick-being-fatally-shot

No homicide charges will be filed against a 17-year-old teen who fatally shot a community choir director in the face with an illegal gun, prosecutors said Tuesday. The shooting is considered justified under Florida's stand-your-ground law because the 40-year-old victim, Julius Jerome Jacobs, was carrying a large stick.

The state attorney’s office in Marion Country said that, although Tyrone Pierson possessed the gun illegally and although his friend managed to escape the same confrontation by fleeing the scene, Pierson is protected under SYG. He was therefore not under any obligation to attempt to retreat before using deadly force.

Jacobs’ family is unhappy with the decision.

"He's getting away with murder," said Jacobs’ cousin, Lateria Myhand.

Myhand and another cousin, Rashundra Grimsley-Robinson, said the father of five was a not a violent person.

"It isn't fair to just shoot him in the face like that," Grimsley-Robinson said. "How does a 17 year old get a gun? I could understand if he had a stick. It wasn't a fair fight. If there was any time to pray, it's now."

Two of Pierson’s friends who witnessed the July 5 incident said they were walking down the street when Jacobs, driving at high speed “almost hit” them with his SUV. Pierson yelled at Jacobs, who slowed down and had a “hostile exchange” with Pierson.

The teens say Jacobs then pulled over into a driveway and spoke to someone. They assumed it was a drug exchange.

The teens continued on their walk, when Jacobs later drove up to them again, got out of his SUV, and swung a heavy stick in their direction. He allegedly yelled at Pierson.

One of the teens ran away. Pierson confronted Jacobs and shot him.

In a memo published by ThinkProgress, the prosecutors teased out how in another state Pierson would have had a duty to retreat.

“Under traditional self-defense rules, Mr. Pierson may have been required to retreat as Mr. Smith and Mr. Crim were able to safely do. Given the other two people with Mr. Pierson avoided the conflict by fleeing, it is not unreasonable to assume Mr. Pierson could have done also,” the memo said. “However, in 2005, the Florida Legislature substantially amended chapter 776, Florida Statutes, by a series of enactments collectively known as the stand-your-ground Law.”

Prosecutors said they will charge Pierson with two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm and evidence tampering – he initially lied about the location of the gun.

InRareForm
08-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Florida

TimmehC
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
:lol Florida

Can't believe I grew up in that shithole state.

TSA
08-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Surprised this isn't getting much media coverage. Who would have thought. :lol

UZER
08-08-2013, 10:51 PM
This is why you dont stupid shit like this. You never know who has a gun. Better to live your life than die out of stupidity. regardless of who was right or not, you dont wanna end up dead. If the story is true, then this dude deserved what he got. Shot in the face is a little excessive, but hey, you put yourself in that situation.

And the family saying its not fair, your husband didnt have to get out of the truck. He could've just kept on driving and been home eating dinner, just like Trayvon could've kept on walking and been eating dinner. Dont be stupid just to prove a point.

Fabbs
08-09-2013, 12:25 AM
This is why you dont stupid shit like this. You never know who has a gun. Better to live your life than die out of stupidity. regardless of who was right or not, you dont wanna end up dead. If the story is true, then this dude deserved what he got. Shot in the face is a little excessive, but hey, you put yourself in that situation.

And the family saying its not fair, your husband didnt have to get out of the truck. He could've just kept on driving and been home eating dinner, just like Trayvon could've kept on walking and been eating dinner. Dont be stupid just to prove a point.
qft

Jacob1983
08-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Sometimes you have to just take the high road and leave. Don't be all "someone pissed me off so I'm gonna go settle the score or tell them how I feel". Accept defeat and walk away. Doing that will likely save your life or at least help your chances. The Zimmerman case should be a learning lesson for everyone. You need to stay in your car. Do not get out of your car and try to be a hero or a wannabe or a moral compass. Keep on driving.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Told you so.

Creepn
08-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Chumpdumper as usual wins again.

CosmicCowboy
08-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Tyrone shoots Jerome.

Black on Black.

/mediacoverage

Trill Clinton
08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
salute to the young brother for protecting himself. hopefully the rest of the young brotha's have finally come to the realization that you need to keep a weapon on you at all times.

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:34 AM
salute to the young brother for protecting himself. hopefully the rest of the young brotha's have finally come to the realization that you need to keep a weapon on you at all times.

Why was it wrong for zimmerman to do this but not wrong for this kid?

Trill Clinton
08-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Why was it wrong for zimmerman to do this but not wrong for this kid?

did you read this story or nah?

Bill_Brasky
08-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah i did. The kid coulda run but he stayed and shot a guy in the face.

Trill Clinton
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah i did. The kid coulda run but he stayed and shot a guy in the face.

he stood his ground just like trayvon did.

CosmicCowboy
08-09-2013, 09:54 AM

Yeah, but he just shot a black guy. If he had shot a white/hispanic they would have thrown the book at him.

*echoing Trill*

Creepn
08-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, but he just shot a black guy. If he had shot a white/hispanic they would have thrown the book at him.

*echoing Trill*

True. No need for the blue font. I doubt Trayvon would've got off if he had the gun in dumbass racist Florida.

Blake
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Told you so.

Chumpdumper as usual wins again.

Props to TSA for being a big enough person to admit he was wrong

Katherine Robinson
08-09-2013, 10:17 AM
It's good to see people standing their ground like Zimmerman had done.

CubanSucks
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
lmao assuming the friend's story us true I don't see the issue. Not too good of an idea to swing a big stick at someone. Fuck him.

What's even better is some of you trying to compare this to zimmerman. This kid wasn't on the ground, mounted, with a broken nose, being punched, he was on his feet when he saw that the other person posed a threat.

too easy :wakeup

And then there was that whole punching and mounting thing he did...What did traytray stand his ground against, a creepy ass cracker annoying him? lol try harder

TSA
08-09-2013, 12:49 PM
True. No need for the blue font. I doubt Trayvon would've got off if he had the gun in dumbass racist Florida.

C'mon doggie I know you aren't this stupid. This happened in Florida and he got off. Blacks in Florida use stand your ground more than whites and are more successful using it too.

TSA
08-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Props to TSA for being a big enough person to admit he was wrongwrong about what?

TSA
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
You meant

he stood his ground just like Zimmerman did.

Th'Pusher
08-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Any examples of a black successfully using SYG defense after killing a white?

Blake
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
wrong about what?

What was the other thread where at the time this was just a hypothetical?

TSA
08-09-2013, 03:37 PM
What was the other thread where at the time this was just a hypothetical?

Think this was discussed in the Trayvon Martin thread, but I'm not sure what you think I was wrong about. So again, wrong about what?

Blake
08-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Think this was discussed in the Trayvon Martin thread, but I'm not sure what you think I was wrong about. So again, wrong about what?

I figured the purpose of this thread was to admit you were wrong.

I guess I was wrong.

TSA
08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Wrong about what?

TSA
08-09-2013, 04:26 PM
How about stating what you think I was wrong about so we can see if I was wrong and I will happily admit I was wrong.

Blake
08-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Ugh. I'm not saying you're wrong at all.

it was just a guess as to why you started this thread

Blake
08-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Told you so.

What thread did you tell him so

TSA
08-09-2013, 05:06 PM

:lol pathetic

TSA
08-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Told you so.

It almost played out like what we were talking about the other day, but the difference here is that this kid was actually physically threatened by someone, unlike Trayvon. I'm curious to see what kind of punishment this kid will receive for under age firearm possession.

Blake
08-09-2013, 05:40 PM
:lol pathetic

you don't know where your own thread originated from. I'm betting CD can easily find where he told you so.

Then we can see if you were wrong.

And if so, then we can see if you are going to own your wrongness or fight it

TSA
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
you don't know where your own thread originated from. I'm betting CD can easily find where he told you so.

There wasn't a thread dedicated to this conversation, and as I said earlier I think it is buried somewhere in the Trayvon Martin thread. Your obsession with trying to prove me wrong is quite entertaining. Hope Chump can help you out on this as I imagine it would be an awesome way to kick off your weekend with an internet victory.

Blake
08-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I imagine it would be an awesome way to kick off your weekend with an internet victory.

I do enjoy a good internet failure.

Wild Cobra
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Any examples of a black successfully using SYG defense after killing a white?
Do you think the media would ever cover the cases that probably did occur?

Nothing sensational about it for them to cover...

Th'Pusher
08-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Do you think the media would ever cover the cases that probably did occur?

Nothing sensational about it for them to cover...

Since the media is not going to cover it, why don't you do a little digging? You're good a research, no?

CubanSucks
08-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Since the media is not going to cover it, why don't you do a little digging? You're good a research, no?

You were the one wanting to know, no?

Th'Pusher
08-09-2013, 08:37 PM
You were the one wanting to know, no?
I persoanlly don't think it's happened where a black has killed a white and been found not guilty based on SYG, but I don't particularly care enough to look it up. That's why I asked if anyone had an example.

TSA
08-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I persoanlly don't think it's happened where a black has killed a white and been found not guilty based on SYG, but I don't particularly care enough to look it up. That's why I asked if anyone had an example.

link (www.google.com)

TSA
08-09-2013, 09:07 PM

Help him out Chump, it's Friday night and Blake is ready to party.

CubanSucks
08-09-2013, 10:01 PM

:lmao

Jacob1983
08-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Did any of the big cable news networks have any coverage on the July 4th weekend shootings in Chicago? I saw some video the other day about Hannity asking the president of NAACP to list one name of the victims in that and the president couldn't. Black people only care when whitey kills them.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Did any of the big cable news networks have any coverage on the July 4th weekend shootings in Chicago?Did you watch them all?

silverblk mystix
08-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I have modeled my life after Cummdumpsters life!

Blake
08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
i fantasize about ChumpDumper

Blake
08-10-2013, 11:04 AM

lol 10pm cst post. Sorry I couldn't make your e party last night.

I was actually at a real party, tbqh

silverblk mystix
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM

I was actually at a gay orgy, tbqh

Blake
08-10-2013, 11:19 AM
i fantasize about Blake

TSA
08-10-2013, 11:51 AM
:ttiwwp::ttiwwp:

Sorry, an Xbox LAN party is not a real party, tbqh.

Why hasn't chumpdumper helped you out?

TSA
08-10-2013, 11:54 AM

:lol throw him a bone chump

Blake
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM

if you care so much, why don't you?

silverblk mystix
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
if you care so much, why don't you throw me a bone - I'll promptly swallow it!

:rollin:rollin

CubanSucks
08-10-2013, 01:05 PM

You know there's these fancy new phones called "smartphones" and believe it or not they have the internetz on them! It's like having your computer with you at all times. I'm posting from mine right now!

Creepn
08-10-2013, 01:37 PM
link (http://www.google.com)

Your answer says a lot.

TSA
08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
if you care so much, why don't you?

You're the dipshit that claimed I was wrong, but you're not sure what I was wrong about, so you ask your pal to help you out but he declines, and now you want me to help you? You are pathetic.

Blake
08-10-2013, 01:47 PM
You know there's these fancy new phones called "smartphones" and believe it or not they have the internetz on them! It's like having your computer with you at all times. I'm posting from mine right now!

then you're ready to e-party 24/7!

Blake
08-10-2013, 01:52 PM
You're the dipshit that claimed I was wrong, but you're not sure what I was wrong about, so you ask your pal to help you out but he declines, and now you want me to help you? You are pathetic.

cool story

TSA
08-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Props to TSA for being a big enough person to admit he was wrong
Help him out Chump, he's floundering about now.

CubanSucks
08-10-2013, 02:32 PM
then you're ready to e-party 24/7!

e-party at the real party, breh! I was at a penthouse in Manhattan last night, get on my level sons

Ignignokt
08-10-2013, 03:32 PM
baby tray tray is looking up from purgatory in his harem of preteen twerking hoes sipping, proposing a toast with lean in his pyrite chalice to Trill's constant shilling for black ignorance on earth.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2013, 05:19 PM
When I'm at a party/at a bar, I'm generally not on the internetz posting on a message board from my smart phone :lol

But I guess that's just me.

CubanSucks
08-10-2013, 06:00 PM
When I'm at a party/at a bar, I'm generally not on the internetz posting on a message board from my smart phone :lol

you never have the occasional minute or two to waste on your phone? gtfo, there's not a single person in a social environment that never gets on their phone every once in a while

CuckingFunt
08-10-2013, 06:41 PM

If the implication is that a smart phone allows you to post on SpursTalk from a crowded bar or crazy party, I fail to see why you think this would make your social life appear less pathetic.

CuckingFunt
08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
you never have the occasional minute or two to waste on your phone? gtfo, there's not a single person in a social environment that never gets on their phone every once in a while

The only time I ever get on my phone in a social environment is to text people that I either can't locate or who I want to invite to said social environment.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2013, 06:44 PM
The only time I ever get on my phone in a social environment is to text people that I either can't locate or who I want to invite to said social environment.
rofl same

I get on my phone to hit other people up and see what other stuff is going on. Can't say I've ever gone on ST from my phone while at a party/bar.

Blake
08-10-2013, 07:01 PM

:lol throw him a bone chump

Help him out Chump, he's floundering about now.

lol floundering

CubanSucks
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Yall must have some badass, non stop talking/drinking parties every time, huh? Me, when I'm on the shitter I'll check the phone. When there's waiting for others and no one interesting to talk to I'll check my phone. When there's the right kinda people, conversation, or activity, the last thing on my mind is my phone. Not all bars stay crowded and not all parties turn out wild. It isn't complicated

TSA
08-10-2013, 07:10 PM
lol floundering

How's it feel to have your mentor leave you out to dry?

Blake
08-10-2013, 07:28 PM

yes, just you. The rest of us juice up the smart phones for a night out on the town on Spurstalk

Blake
08-10-2013, 07:34 PM
How's it feel to have your mentor leave you out to dry?

About as bad as you saying I have a mentor :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2013, 08:21 PM
yes, just you. The rest of us juice up the smart phones for a night out on the town on Spurstalk

Sounds pretty fun.

Are you gonna be partyin' on ST later? If so I'll hit you up. Is this a BYOB thing or will alcohol be served?

jag
08-10-2013, 08:29 PM
It's good to see people standing their ground like Zimmerman had done.

I agree, Katherine. All these men are American heroes.

Blake
08-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Sounds pretty fun.

Are you gonna be partyin' on ST later? If so I'll hit you up. Is this a BYOB thing or will alcohol be served?

dude, I'm at a strip bar right now.

I'm pretty sure the girl dancing on my lap is hot

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2013, 08:35 PM

the STrip club tbh

Probably near the Manhattan penthouse CubanSucks was posting from last night.

TSA
08-10-2013, 08:51 PM

:lol

What's really funny here is chumpdumper not speaking up because he knows his "told you so" is false.

CuckingFunt
08-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm at a strip club that's in a Manhattan penthouse. Get on my level.

Blake
08-10-2013, 09:00 PM
the STrip club tbh

I'll check my telenav to see where I'm at.

Hey, i just google imaged the name of the chick on my lap. Damn she's got some tig ol biddies.

CubanSucks
08-10-2013, 11:45 PM

Sounds pretty fun.

the STrip club tbh

I'm at a strip club that's in a Manhattan penthouse. Get on my level.

I'll check my telenav to see where I'm at.

Hey, i just google imaged the name of the chick on my lap. Damn she's got some tig ol biddies.

:cry :cry :cry the e-gang's taking time off from their legendary Saturday night parties to pick on me!!! And I thought they never had the time!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry

CuckingFunt
08-11-2013, 12:47 AM
:cry :cry :cry the e-gang's taking time off from their legendary Saturday night parties to pick on me!!! And I thought they never had the time!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry

Pretty amusing leap to suggest that DoK and I would be part of the same e-gang.

Also, I usually have to work a morning shift on Sundays, so I generally choose to stay in on Saturday nights and recharge my batteries for the upcoming week. I'm perfectly secure with that choice.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2013, 02:40 AM
I was at the Rangers game. Otherwise I would have made fun of you too.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Pretty amusing leap to suggest that DoK and I would be part of the same e-gang.

Also, I usually have to work a morning shift on Sundays, so I generally choose to stay in on Saturday nights and recharge my batteries for the upcoming week. I'm perfectly secure with that choice.
Apparently CubanSucks thinks me posting at 9:30 PM in a Saturday means I didn't do anything that night :lmao

TSA
08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I was at the Rangers game. Otherwise I would have made fun of you too.

The Reckoning
08-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Yall must have some badass, non stop talking/drinking parties every time, huh? Me, when I'm on the shitter I'll check the phone. When there's waiting for others and no one interesting to talk to I'll check my phone. When there's the right kinda people, conversation, or activity, the last thing on my mind is my phone. Not all bars stay crowded and not all parties turn out wild. It isn't complicated

tbh i understand. when you're attracted to women who are out cold, they aren't much for conversation.

CubanSucks
08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Apparently CubanSucks thinks me posting at 9:30 PM in a Saturday means I didn't do anything that night :lmao

Gotta get those last few posts in BEFORE the party starts I assume. :toast

"Hey dok, you almost ready?"

"Yeah just give me a sec, I'm totally pWniNg this guy online who thinks he knows how to party!!@!!!!

tbh i understand. when you're attracted to women who are out cold, they aren't much for conversation.

I laughed a little

silverblk mystix
08-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I was at the E-Rangers game. Otherwise I would have made fun of you too.

fify