PDA

View Full Version : Tevez retiring from International football

lefty
08-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Doesnt want to play with Kobemessi anymore :lol

Rome: Former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has decided to retire from Argentina international duty.

Tevez, who played for Manchester City last season and has scored 13 goals for the national side, chose not to elaborate on his decision on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.

"It's over," he said. "I have nothing more to add. I have said what I feel and that's the end of the matter. If I say anything else then it would seem as if I'm asking for a recall."

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/212046-carlos-tevez-quits-argentina-national-team

Libri
08-09-2013, 01:20 AM
First he said he wanted to retire from football.

ElNono
08-09-2013, 01:26 AM
tbh, Argentina quit on him a while ago...

DAF86
08-09-2013, 11:33 AM
He said that only 'cause Sabella doesn't want him on the NT, everybody used to talk about Messi sucking with the NT but if there's a player that trully sucks with the NT is Tevez, tbh. Besides he's bipolar, a week from now he will be saying that he never quit to the NT.

ALVAREZ6
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Wish the dude could keep his head straight because I always loved watching him play and was pretty good in his prime.

Rogue
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Argies ain't needing him no more anyway. They're already pretty stacked upfront with all world-class strikers such as Higuain, Agüero, Messi etc... Argentina never lacks attacking players just like defenders in Italy imho

lefty
08-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Besides he's bipolar, a week from now he will be saying that he never quit to the NT.
True :lol

ALVAREZ6
08-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Argies ain't needing him no more anyway. They're already pretty stacked upfront with all world-class strikers such as Higuain, Agüero, Messi etc... Argentina never lacks attacking players just like defenders in Italy imho
They've been lacking attacking midfielders lately, and Pastore's not growing into the player as expected, it doesn't seem. Alvarez and Lamela have gotten better in Italy, but they still lack a world class attacking central midfielder, a Xavi, Pirlo, Ozil, etc. Messi basically had that role in the last world cup and that's why he didn't score, he was out of position and using way more energy playing from further back.

Rogue
08-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Ain't Riquelme still playing? Agree Argentina lacks a play-making midfielder, a Xavi type of role. They tried Messi at that position but it didn't work out well. The problem has been existing for quite a while and always hold them back imho, they even called up a 36yr old Veron to the national team for the 10' world cup if I remember correct. They're like... an iron spearhead attacked to a cluster of straws.

ALVAREZ6
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Ain't Riquelme still playing? Agree Argentina lacks a play-making midfielder, a Xavi type of role. They tried Messi at that position but it didn't work out well. The problem has been existing for quite a while and always hold them back imho, they even called up a 36yr old Veron to the national team for the 10' world cup if I remember correct. They're like... an iron spearhead attacked to a cluster of straws.
Well put. I think he may still be playing but he's old. They've seem to build for the future, opting not play older players who could contribute immediately. Part of this is probably due to the changing managers over the past few years...it's probably a big reason, lack of continuity in the management. Players like Campagnaro, Cambiasso, Zanetti were also excluded from the 2010 WC..again because Maradona is a headcase. The current roster through WC qualifying doesn't really feauture any important players over the age of 30.

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2013, 02:30 AM
must be tired piggy backing messi the coatrider