PDA

View Full Version : OT: What is the most boring successful sports team?

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm not talking about irrelevant scrub teams. I'm talking about teams that consistently win over a long period of time but watching them is like watching paint dry.

Clipper Nation
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
You're missing the Steelers, who are always boring as fuck, tbh....

Suspect
08-09-2013, 01:35 PM
spurs by far

Vash StampedE
08-09-2013, 02:00 PM
spurs by far
I can say that you haven't got to watch Spurs games lately. I bet you didn't watch any of this year's Finals games. Or perhaps you, like many other, prefer to watch teams whose plays are mostly ISOs. A pretty good example of that is your Houston with Harden going 1 on 1 most of the time.

Suspect
08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I knew a random spur fan would get mad.

I watched majority of the spurs games the entire playoffs since I was rooting for them after/knowing Houston would get knocked out.

I rooted for them cause I wanted tmac to get a ring and I felt they were miamis biggest threat. but doesnt change the fact they are boring to watch

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 02:37 PM
I can say that you haven't got to watch Spurs games lately. I bet you didn't watch any of this year's Finals games. Or perhaps you, like many other, prefer to watch teams whose plays are mostly ISOs. A pretty good example of that is your Houston with Harden going 1 on 1 most of the time.

ISO's worked for the lakers and Heat. 4 out of the last 5 Championships TBH....

Bynumite
08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
The entire MLB, 3 hours of fat men standing around, spitting on the ground and scratching their balls... fuck that.

lakerhaterade
08-09-2013, 03:02 PM
The entire MLB, 3 hours of fat men standing around, spitting on the ground and scratching their balls... fuck that.

:loltbh.....you should add "roided up" before "fat men"

Vash StampedE
08-09-2013, 05:17 PM

I watched majority of the spurs games the entire playoffs since I was rooting for them after/knowing Houston would get knocked out.

I rooted for them cause I wanted tmac to get a ring and I felt they were miamis biggest threat. but doesnt change the fact they are boring to watch
I don't believe if you still say the Spurs are boring

Suspect
08-09-2013, 05:26 PM
ok

timtonymanu
08-09-2013, 05:32 PM
The Spurs aren't as boring as they use to be, imo, but they still play a "boring" brand of basketball in this day.

Danny Green hitting 3 pointers isn't something exciting to watch unless you are a true fan of the Spurs.

DMC
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Success is never boring. Only an person excited by failure would consider success at the highest level to be boring.

DMC
08-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Sorry, but you're one in many pop up faggots in the ST NBA Forum whack-a-mole game. Where the talent goes, the faggots rise, and when the faggots rise, they get smacked down when their new found talent proves to be useless in their scheme, when it's shown that the real issue isn't about talent but about method from the top down. Your team had it's time, they had some real talent in TMac and Yao Ming on the floor at the same time and oddly enough it was when both were injured that they did the best.

So the real question should be phrased as such: Name a team that focused on playing exciting basketball instead of winning basketball.

There would be many.

To those focused on the pinnacle though, winning is all the excitement needed.

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion." Drive West on I-10 if you need to see what one looks like.

Lincoln
08-09-2013, 05:43 PM
FC Barcelona. Brb watching backward and lateral passes all game till the other team gets tired

Katherine Robinson
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
The Spurs are terribly boring to watch, while it is good basketball, it is all substance with no flare.

Suspect
08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Sorry, but you're one in many pop up faggots in the ST NBA Forum whack-a-mole game. Where the talent goes, the faggots rise, and when the faggots rise, they get smacked down when their new found talent proves to be useless in their scheme, when it's shown that the real issue isn't about talent but about method from the top down. Your team had it's time, they had some real talent in TMac and Yao Ming on the floor at the same time and oddly enough it was when both were injured that they did the best.

So the real question should be phrased as such: Name a team that focused on playing exciting basketball instead of winning basketball.

There would be many.

To those focused on the pinnacle though, winning is all the excitement needed.

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion." Drive West on I-10 if you need to see what one looks like.
another angry spurs fan

I just answered his question

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:05 PM
another angry spurs fan

I just answered his question

Making the Finals 6 years after your last ring, with the same core, when you've been written off the last 5 of those years as being "too old" makes me angry. I cannot imagine how you must feel. You get Howard and now feel you're going to be playing in the Finals one day.

Lincoln
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I haven't been around much lately but I thought dmc got exiled

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:11 PM
No, I said I would leave. I didn't get ousted. I said the first person I respond to I will pay 500.00 but Thread hasn't called me out on it yet and he was the first, but since he's against paying bets, I don't know how I will respond if he does.

Chief Brody
08-09-2013, 06:13 PM
For me, it's unquestionably the Atlanta Braves. I'm a Marlins fan, but even before they arrived on scene in '93 I still hated the Braves. Three great pitchers who would just paint the black and throw low and away for 10+ years. Smart baseball, but incredibly boring and frustrating to watch.

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Jose's Chelsea in 05 and 06 were just as boring as Barcelona imho. At least Barca don't play a defensive/counter-attack style of game. It never bothers Jose to make the game ugly, as long as such ugly play increases his own winning odd

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
No, I said I would leave. I didn't get ousted. I said the first person I respond to I will pay 500.00 but Thread hasn't called me out on it yet and he was the first, but since he's against paying bets, I don't know how I will respond if he does.
That guy Calispursfan talked tons of shit against you in your absence, wagging his tails above his head all the time as if it wsa a "victory" for him to "expose you" and ride you out. I ain't being a snitch but for what I've seen since you returned home, that Calispursfan guy doesn't post 1/10 as frequently as he used to do. Dude fears you like a mosquito fearing the light tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Actually you said IF the Spurs win game 6 then the first person you respond to gets $500.00 so you don't owe Thread shit regardless :lol

Sean Cagney
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM

They were in the most exciting series in the playoffs by far, takes two to tango.... Just saying.

Suspect
08-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Making the Finals 6 years after your last ring, with the same core, when you've been written off the last 5 of those years as being "too old" makes me angry. I cannot imagine how you must feel. You get Howard and now feel you're going to be playing in the Finals one day.
:lmao

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Actually you said IF the Spurs win game 6 then the first person you respond to gets $500.00 so you don't owe Thread shit regardless :lol

lol shhhh

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
:lmao

Needing SA to finally get your hero to the Finals as a scrub = :lmao:lmao

Suspect
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
oh yeah, he's my hero

there were spurs fans on here saying they wanted him to get a ring as well

you should go back to not posting cause you really are an idiot

an angry one at that

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
oh yeah, he's my hero

an angry one at that
If you could contribute 30+ quality posts to this website every DAY I wouldn't mind joining you in the campaign for riding him outta town again

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
oh yeah, he's my hero

an angry one at that
We're charitable people. We open our hearts to our enemies and take them in when they are down and out. Once a Spur always a Spur. However, had a former Spur great gotten to the Finals with your favorite team, we would have cheered for him (we cheered for George Hill after all) instead of adopting the shitty schtick of someone who admittedly would have not returned had the Spurs won, whether or not he was asked.

So you can see you're over there and we're over here. Don't pretend to be like us, we're still pure of heart and we can remove the sword from the stone, but we also have the sword of Damocles above our heads and we know that little shits like you love to take cheap shots at us when we're down. We understand it stems from never picking the right team to legride.

Suspect
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
If you could contribute 30+ quality posts to this website every DAY I wouldn't mind joining you in the campaign for riding him outta town again
make it 1 quality post, I dont have time to sit on this site every day like some users.

Rogue
08-09-2013, 07:11 PM
make it 1 quality post, I dont have time to sit on this site every day like some users.
You have to squeeze every possible minute out of your teeth to work hard at the minimum-wage job, saving for the monthly rental of your 3 square-feet cellar which's dark and moist all year round.

Suspect
08-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Seems your posts have improved a bit since you found out Scarlett has jungle fever

Josepatches_
08-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Lakers.

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2013, 04:45 AM
duke prospects are usually either journey men in the nba or draft busts...buunch of overpaid clowns tbh

rascal
08-10-2013, 10:32 AM

They have been boring under RC/Pop. The Spurs have gotten so many boring unathletic type of players or players over the hill and built their teams around that type of player through the years, Rasho, Bowen(ugly boring game), Steve Smith, Finley, Bonner, Green(typical spurs player can't dribble), McDyess(washed up) ect. Their style of play has also been boring with guys camping on the 3 point line and just passing it around to find the open shooter or dumping it down to Duncan. Very little open fast court breaks because the team is built around unathletic ball handlers and mostly just shooters.

Parker steals the ball and races down court to finds no one running with him so he has to pull it back out until the rest of the team sets up on the 3 point line( boring as hell). How many times have seen that.

But the Spurs were not in the 1970s when they were a run and gun high scoring team.

Juggity
08-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the "spurs = boring" argument is running out of steam these days.

They're one of the most high powered offenses in the league, one of the best 3 point shooting teams, and growing increasingly athletic with the addition of young players like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. There's really nothing boring about their style of play these days.

irishock
08-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Yeah hitting 98 mile per hour pitches is done by standing around and scratching one's balls.

m>s
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd rather be boring and winning, than attractive yet losing though. The most "boring" spurs team was the one from 03 to 07, which was also unarguably the best Spurs you've ever seen. They've been playing more attractively and offensively in recent years but have run ringless since 07. You may play a "boring" style of game but the result will justify it all, imho.

Kidd K
08-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Of the very few teams you even listed, I would have to say the Atlanta Braves. They're different now, but they were rolling the exact same team for even longer than the Spurs, getting into the playoffs every year. . . only never winning a championship.

The Spurs at least have grabbed 4 titles and on at least 4-5 other occaisions seemed capable of getting another one each of those years. I'm not seeing how that's boring unless you're just jealous and angry over teams that have continuous success or you've been brainwashed by ESPN's butthurtedness over the Spurs knocking off so many bandwagon teams along the way.

The point of the thread is for posters to annoy Spurfans by picking their team. Of course you knew some would get mad.