PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best Offenses next season

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Who do you think will be the best offenses next season, assuming good health?

Obviously I'm a laker fan, so I might seem biased. But I have the Lakers in the top 5 Next year assuming good health

Nash
Kobe
Young
Hill
Pau

That team is going dynamic on offense, defensively there will be some raping going on. But the object of the game is to outscore the other team right?Lol

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Almost forgot about Meeks, Johnson and Farmar

Vash StampedE
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Not just top offense, but your team could definitely be a top 5 overall team in the whole NBA. Problem is when Kobe returns, which he's in schedule of, he's gonna mess with what your offense could have been: Nash feeding Pau & Kaman in almost, if not evey possession. That pretty much sums up what the Lakers' coming season will be.

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Not just top offense, but your team could definitely be a top 5 overall team in the whole NBA. Problem is when Kobe returns, which he's in schedule of, he's gonna mess with what your offense could have been: Nash feeding Pau & Kaman in almost, if not evey possession. That pretty much sums up what the Lakers' coming season will be.

Obviously the bolded part is trolling/hating.

spurraider21
08-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Who do you think will be the best offenses next season, assuming good health?

Obviously I'm a laker fan, so I might seem biased. But I have the Lakers in the top 5 Next year assuming good health

Nash
Kobe
Young
Hill
Pau

That team is going dynamic on offense, defensively there will be some raping going on. But the object of the game is to outscore the other team right?Lol

:lmao

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM
:lmao

He has a solid mid-range game, but his strength is Rebounding and Defense.

spurraider21
08-09-2013, 02:55 PM
He has a solid mid-range game, but his strength is Rebounding and Defense.

i forgot that solid mid-range game, rebounding, and defense = dynamic. the dude is a bench/energy player who should be getting 15 mpg, not starting. laker fans make him out to be ben wallace

King Nupe
08-09-2013, 03:04 PM
i forgot that solid mid-range game, rebounding, and defense = dynamic. the dude is a bench/energy player who should be getting 15 mpg, not starting. laker fans make him out to be ben wallace

Shouldn't be starting? You mean like Kawhai "can make 1 freethrow to win the NBA title" Leonard? Or Tiago Splitter?

Most players can be a starter for the right team.

Michael Jordan.
08-09-2013, 03:06 PM
The Lakers will be a championship contending team until Kobe returns and they become a lottery team.

irishock
08-09-2013, 03:13 PM
If the Lakers are smart they'll start Farmar at the 2 with Kobe at the 3, Young and Pau front court.

Katherine Robinson
08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
I am curious to see how the Nets will play on offense, but obviously they need not bother running to the other side of the court for defense.

JamStone
08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Golden State. They have shooting at virtually every position and added a slasher in Iguodala. A healthy Bogut gives them a low post presence. Speights might be an underrated pick-up too.

Lincoln
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
The mavs.

Vash StampedE
08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Obviously the bolded part is trolling/hating.
Because this is obviously a troll thread.

DMC
08-09-2013, 05:48 PM
How do you determine best offense? SSOL is just conceding points for the sake of pace. It's not a better offense. Better offenses win games.

The Spurs have one of the best offensive games in the league, if not the very best. Close to them is Miami and then OKC. They can all score at will but they all also have solid defense.

The gimmick teams that score 140 a night (Denver vs NY or something) aren't great offensive teams, they just suck at defense.

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Lakers are an easy choice imho. They've replenished their squad with all offense-oriented players, which will be additionally efficient when they don't need to play any Defense at all

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Lakers are an easy choice imho. They've replenished their squad with all offense-oriented players, which will be additionally efficient when they don't need to play any Defense at all

Solid take, however if Kobe returns from his crippling injury, Kobe or bust will resume. 40pt Kobe nights will be losses and 21pt 14 assist Kobe nights will be wins.

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
How do you determine best offense? SSOL is just conceding points for the sake of pace. It's not a better offense. Better offenses win games.

The Spurs have one of the best offensive games in the league, if not the very best. Close to them is Miami and then OKC. They can all score at will but they all also have solid defense.

The gimmick teams that score 140 a night (Denver vs NY or something) aren't great offensive teams, they just suck at defense.
Good offense is best defense imho. People are talking about which team will have the best "offense" rather than which will function best with both ends of the floor taken into account.

Though I agree with you that scoring shouldn't be the only standard used to measure a team's offense. Teams with the "best" offense ought also to beat the opposing defense on a half-court basis, which the 05' suns might suck at but the Lakers will do fine in this regard, imho. You need a skillful big to beat half-court defense, and the Lakers have exactly that in the form of Pau

DMC
08-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Good offense is best defense imho. People are talking about which team will have the best "offense" rather than which will function best with both ends of the floor taken into account.

Though I agree with you that scoring shouldn't be the only standard used to measure a team's offense. Teams with the "best" offense ought also to beat the opposing defense on a half-court basis, which the 05' suns might suck at but the Lakers will do fine in this regard, imho. You need a skillful big to beat half-court defense, and the Lakers have exactly that in the form of Pau

We don't know which version of Pau Gasol will show up though. Were we to take a SWAG, we'd say the most recent version which isn't going to get it done. Him and Kaman together might be formidable, but I don't see how the same team that got swept out will suddenly be better without Howard. Better without Kobe, sure, but not better without Howard. We know Pringles isn't going to play the half court set. He's going to run. He doesn't know defense at all.

Rogue
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Solid take, however if Kobe returns from his crippling injury, Kobe or bust will resume. 40pt Kobe nights will be losses and 21pt 14 assist Kobe nights will be wins.
Incendiary truth bomb bro. Lakers are gonna need more Kobe Johansson, less Kobe the scoring machine if they want to stay relevant imho

TBH what do you think of my new novel, a sequal to Cully's "Goddess after midnight" and my "goddess" novels? Hope you don't mind my writing you in the new novel...

DMC
08-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Incendiary truth bomb bro. Lakers are gonna need more Kobe Johansson, less Kobe the scoring machine if they want to stay relevant imho

TBH what do you think of my new novel, a sequal to Cully's "Goddess after midnight" and my "goddess" novels? Hope you don't mind my writing you in the new novel...

You should mention my colostomy and my stoma.

TDMVPDPOY
08-09-2013, 11:56 PM
lakers will play better without the rapists on the team

remember with the queens when webber was out injured, peja was mvp candidate when he lead them a to a good record, only for webber to come back and disrupt whatever mojo shit they had going

Kidd K
08-10-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't believe they can get top 5 without major injuries to key players on multiple teams who will be better. I'm thinking they will be more in the 8-9 range if they get their shit together and don't pick up injuries, but 6-7 may be a reasonable possibility if some teams underperform and/or the Lakers overperform. Nowhere near the top 3 imo. That is, if we're using offensive rating, not just PPG which is more about pace than good offense. Anybody can be top 5 in PPG.

Last time they were that high (top 5 ORating) was 2008 and 2009, and those were the only times they got there since 2003 when they still had Shaq. I don't see them magically making the jump to championship level offense with Pau and Kobe older, no Artest, no Bynum, Nash being 40+, and especially with Kobe's achilles likely not being 100% by the season opener.

I just don't see it. Sorry OP.

lefty
08-10-2013, 01:05 AM
lol@ " lakers will play better without Kobe"

Chucker or no Chucker, the coach is still Mike D'Antoni

They are shit with or without Kobe

AchillesHeel
08-10-2013, 02:42 AM
Lakers will have a top 5-10 offense because they play no D and they push the ball, despite being effective on offense they will be a horrible defensive team which means they score 105 or so points per game and allow 105-110 themselves.

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2013, 02:49 AM
best offense would be the lakers, with kobe on the bench i expect lakers to have a better fg%

Vash StampedE
08-10-2013, 04:49 AM
This calls for a poll about what the state of Lakers' next season will be once Kobe return.