PDA

View Full Version : Bills/Colts

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Just started. Luck with a couple of completions already.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Good defensive stand by the Bills almost blown by that muffed punt.

DPG21920
08-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Anyone think the Bills defense will actually be good this year? How could they suck so badly last year?

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Spiller gashing the Colts.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Interested to see what the leagues newest monkeyballer brings to the table.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
:lol...awful play call. Wasted those two runs by Spiller.

DPG21920
08-11-2013, 12:50 PM
CJ is so good :lol

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Nice throw...catch...then :lol

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Fleener has to know that hit is coming. Gotta get that ball in close to the body.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
That fumble wasn't Spiller's fault.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Wasted opportunity by the Colts. Fleener should have caught that TD.

benefactor
08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
det monkeyball

gaKNOW!blee
08-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Bills rookies looking good. Can't complain.

gaKNOW!blee
08-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Anyone think the Bills defense will actually be good this year? How could they suck so badly last year?

No clue how they sucked so much last year. A lot of talent on that side of the ball.

I think they will be middle of the pack this year on defense with potential to be in the 10-12 range....Jairus Byrd playing would certainly help a lot.

Chief Brody
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Not gonna lie, that was a great debut for the rooks and coaching staff imo. I love the pace of the offense and we are loaded with talent and speed on offense. EJ badly needs to stop staring down receivers, but other tban that he had a pretty sharp outing.

Our defense will be horrible again imo...the best we can hope for is an 09 Saints D that masks its shittiness by creating tons of turnovers.

J.T.
08-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Marquise Goodwin...det UT greatness in the NFL...braj get used to hearing every commentator say "He has world class speed because he's a track and long jump star!" every. single. time. he comes onto the field.

Luck with no picks, 66% completions, 93.1 rating versus Russell Wilson with 33% completions, 0.00 rating...eat det crow Avante.

Chief Brody
08-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I hope Goodwin can shed the coddle factor and continue to beast. J.T., how'd you like Mario putting Luck on his ass? Too bad CJ Christ didn't get 15 touches, or else he'd of had a 300-yd outing.

J.T.
08-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I hope Goodwin can shed the coddle factor and continue to beast. J.T., how'd you like Mario putting Luck on his ass? Too bad CJ Christ didn't get 15 touches, or else he'd of had a 300-yd outing.

Honestly I would have been disappointed if he didn't get at least one sack because he got 3 in our regular season match last year.

J.T.
08-11-2013, 05:21 PM
tbh TY Hilton stole the show with det diving touchdown tho

Chief Brody
08-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Just watched the highlights again (for the 47th time, tbh). Aside from staring down the receivers and not sliding when he should, Manuel played about as well as you could have expected. Marrone and Hackett kept the gameplan simple for him, but he (along with the rest of the O) looked like vets on that <2:00 drive before the half. Granted, most of Indy's D starters were out, but it was still an impressive showing. I expect the coaches will have him airing it out against Minny on Friday.

Once again, I'm in love with the WR corps--fuck, even Easley is playing well now.

This team will most likely suck this year, but they should be fun as shit to watch.

gaKNOW!blee
08-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Marquise Goodwin...det UT greatness in the NFL...braj get used to hearing every commentator say "He has world class speed because he's a track and long jump star!" every. single. time. he comes onto the field.

Luck with no picks, 66% completions, 93.1 rating versus Russell Wilson with 33% completions, 0.00 rating...eat det crow Avante.

I'm sure it will get somewhat annoying, but as Bills fans we've had to hear where Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fred Jackson went to school for the last several years during every single game so we're used to it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Tbh I'm looking forward to the inevitable sophomore slump for Wilson.

Bill_Brasky
08-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Tbh I'm looking forward to the inevitable sophomore slump for Wilson.

Wilson is just a better Tebow imo. Sure he won games, but we all know the strength of that team is running and defense.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Wilson is just a better Tebow imo. Sure he won games, but we all know the strength of that team is running and defense.
:lol I wouldn't go that far, but agree that once they start trying to become a pass first team and let it become Wilson's offense and not Lynch's, he's gonna fall apart.

Lincoln
08-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Tannehill will out play Wilson this yearPERIOD.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Tbh, I can't wait to see Luck live up to his true interception count this year instead of getting lucky with dropped pick after dropped pick....

Lincoln
08-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Tbh, I can't wait to see Luck live up to his true interception count this year instead of getting lucky with dropped pick after dropped pick....

Will be interesting to see if luck can improve on that int count imo

Chief Brody
08-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Colts will have a difficult time replicating that 11-5 record, tbh--but ultimately they should be better in the end with experience. Kinda like how the '05 Steelers were better than the '04 version, despite 5 less wins. The AFC as a whole is full of parity like I've never seen. Usually you can predict 5 of the 6 teams that'll make the playoffs, but only Denver, NE, and Houston are locks so far. The North is completely wide open, the East and West are mostly pathetic, and the South--who fucking knows (except we all know the Jags will finish 1-15). Tennessee is a sleeper this year. Their o-line got MUCH stronger in the offseason and the running game will be Top-5 in the league.

It's the kind of parity that gives even Bills fans false hope at a playoff spot.

Lincoln
08-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Colts will have a difficult time replicating that 11-5 record, tbh--but ultimately they should be better in the end with experience. Kinda like how the '05 Steelers were better than the '04 version, despite 5 less wins. The AFC as a whole is full of parity like I've never seen. Usually you can predict 5 of the 6 teams that'll make the playoffs, but only Denver, NE, and Houston are locks so far. The North is completely wide open, the East and West are mostly pathetic, and the South--who fucking knows (except we all know the Jags will finish 1-15). Tennessee is a sleeper this year. Their o-line got MUCH stronger in the offseason and the running game will be Top-5 in the league.

It's the kind of parity that gives even Bills fans false hope at a playoff spot.

I see the Bengals making the postseason. They made some nice offseason moves in the draft and if Dalton can make the next step and they have any resemblance of a run game, I can see them making it past the first round for once.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM

:lol :nope

Chief Brody
08-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I see the Bengals making the postseason. They made some nice offseason moves in the draft and if Dalton can make the next step and they have any resemblance of a run game, I can see them making it past the first round for once.

I'm hearing a lot of premature ejac from pundits about the Bengals, but I don't see Andy Dalton becoming much better than he already is. Smart QB, but limited skillset (like Pennington). Might be good enough to win that wide-open division, but I can't see them being a major player--especially with Marvin Lewis as HC (although both his DC and OC are good).

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm hearing a lot of premature ejac from pundits about the Bengals, but I don't see Andy Dalton becoming much better than he already is. Smart QB, but limited skillset (like Pennington). Might be good enough to win that wide-open division, but I can't see them being a major player--especially with Marvin Lewis as HC (although both his DC and OC are good).
Normally you could give him the "lack of experience" pass, but the Andy Dalton I saw against Houston was just flat out scared of the moment. It didn't look like something he'd grow out of, it looked like a problem he'll always have. He missed idk how many throws to Green after he shredded the defense.

Chief Brody
08-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Normally you could give him the "lack of experience" pass, but the Andy Dalton I saw against Houston was just flat out scared of the moment. It didn't look like something he'd grow out of, it looked like a problem he'll always have. He missed idk how many throws to Green after he shredded the defense.

Exactly...iirc, we (and a couple others) were talking about it in the WC game thread last year. 2011, you can understand how he got rattled in that environment, especially after the Watt pick-6. In 2012, Schaub was giving the game away and AJ Green was wide-open all game, yet Dalton straight shat the bed. It really was brutal watching him curl up in the fetal position like that.