ALVAREZ6
07-20-2005, 07:57 PM
no big surprise...

DON VITO
07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
that was rather fast though

Spursdaone
07-20-2005, 08:00 PM
This is a sad day for Detroit fans. Their great defense will turn into zone defense and won't be the same.

dunkman
07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
As it seems, Larry Brown is going to get paid three times more in NYC. And the situation of Darko Milicic is really terrible.

If Saunders manages Darko to became an dominant center, he would have better available talent, but I'm not sure he's a top coach as the previous two Pistons coaches (LB and Carlisle).

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow! Did Detroit even give Larry Brown time to clean out his office?

jochhejaam
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM

The buyout for 6 million included us keeping the stuff in his (Flips) office.

The_Game
07-20-2005, 08:46 PM
hahahaha

see you at the lottery pistons!

DUMBEST POST EVER

Are you on crack or are you clueless about the NBA..i would guess both.

exstatic
07-20-2005, 09:13 PM

He cleaned it out in March, when he started whoring himself around the NBA yet again. ;)

duncan_21
07-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Is lb one of the slimiest, oilest, hypocrites you've ever seen? I can understand leaving philly and the lac for better teams, but to quit in the middle of your contract with a team poised to go to the finals again for more money, that's just shameful and to make it sound like it's not his fault is also rediculous.

Duff McCartney
07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Well the Pistons just improved....Saunders will add some offense. At least the Pistons will be better offensively, there were times last year when it was just painful to watch them.

T Park
07-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Well the Pistons just improved

and you once again show your intelligence.

Larry Brown is 3 times the coach Flip Saunders is.

Get a clue.

Mark in Austin
07-21-2005, 02:26 AM
three times the coach. but half the man.

Horry For 3!
07-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I already knew that the Pistons would sign Flip, it was just a matter of time.

boutons
07-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Enormous pressure on Flip, as Dumars kept repeating in a TV interview.

Can Flip first win over and then not "lose" the the NBA Titlists + Finalists and keep them on top of the East?

To be the 3rd Pistons' coach getting 50 wins for the 5th straight season won't suffice.

Since the team is already proven at the very top of the League, all the pressure is on Flip.

jochhejaam
07-21-2005, 05:08 AM
three times the coach. but half the man.

Word!

HB22inSA
07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't know, but to me, this whole coaching debacle with Detroit was bullshit.

I don't think it was handled very well by both sides.

Larry Brown should have just said, "Hey, I want to coach the Knicks." Instead of this, crap about the hip, and I may coach, I may not.

Just man up and say what you feel.

Rummpd
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
1/8 first rounds in playoffs with a stud named Garnett on board. Pistons improved = gimme a break.

Saunders may coach well - WNBA that is.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2005, 12:56 PM
In the east I don't know how you could not make it out of the first round with the kind of talent the Pistons will be packing but I don't know that he can take them to the finals.

Sense
07-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the players are going to "react" next year?

I just don't like the fact that flip has like 17 wins in the post season in 10 seasons.. and the defense oriented team will have to change.

Pistonfan1
07-21-2005, 01:04 PM
God help us all. Flip 17-30 record in the playoffs what a joke. It is going to take alot for me to enjoy this guy. Man I am still hurting from Larry leaving!!

samikeyp
07-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Pistonfan....do you think that is the prevailing attitude among your brethren?

Spurologist
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
God help us all. Flip 17-30 record in the playoffs what a joke. It is going to take alot for me to enjoy this guy. Man I am still hurting from Larry leaving!!

He's about to go to NY. He was linked to Cavs GM job. He said the pistons would be his last coaching job. Dumars was so angry, he fired him. I thought piston fans would be angry to see him go AND also angry at him for screwing you guys over. Are you guys gonna boo him when the knicks visit the palace (granted he gets the job).

The_Game
07-21-2005, 02:54 PM
1/8 first rounds in playoffs with a stud named Garnett on board. Pistons improved = gimme a break.

Saunders may coach well - WNBA that is.

another moron I see

yes he had KG but who else was worthy? the team he had a decent team they made the conference finals. when they kept losing in round one they were never favoured in any series...because apart from garnett they had a weak supporting cast

flip has alot of talent in detroit

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:58 PM
another moron I see

yes he had KG but who else was worthy? the team he had a decent team they made the conference finals. when they kept losing in round one they were never favoured in any series...because apart from garnett they had a weak supporting cast

flip has alot of talent in detroit

Flip has a TEAM in Detroit, with no ego and leadership..

KG lacks those qualities, and that's why he's no Tim Duncan.

You're the moron I see.

If KG was anything like Tim Duncan, we'd be talking about how KG's teamates are in the all-star games, and how it was tough choosing an MVP candidate...but KG is no leader, and never will be.