PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: dwight already with excuses

RsxPiimp
08-13-2013, 10:23 PM
“Having these guys in my backyard and have them pushing me to the limit is just going to make me better,” said Howard after his 90-minute workout wrapped up. “It’s not about emulating Dream. That’s the thing. We get caught up in comparing players, trying to do what this guys does just because you work with him. The thing is, when you workout with a guy like Hakeem or Kevin McHale, you take away certain things. You don’t try to do everything they can do. I could workout with Michael Jordan, but I’m not going to be able to shoot the fadeaway like Michael Jordan.

Setting aside for a moment that Howard’s analogy makes zero sense — Michael Jordan, of course, was a shooting guard, while Olajuwon and McHale had Hall of Fame careers playing the same positions as Howard — this is either Howard trying to keep expectations low, or a sign that he still doesn’t get it.

:lol mental midget

Michael Jordan.
08-13-2013, 10:24 PM
#Obsessed

Bulaien999
08-13-2013, 10:38 PM
OP Reaching

lefty
08-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Salty

Rogue
08-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Can't believe the lakers begged this bitchmade motherfucker to stay in town. Lakers used to be a team that you had to respect no matter you liked them or not, but the "begging" movement has hammered their rep down to zero imho. They didn't even beg fat Daddy to stay back in 04.

Clipper Nation
08-14-2013, 06:02 AM
Bible Kemp did learn something from Kirby after all.... the art of the excuse :lol

AchillesHeel
08-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Can't believe the lakers begged this bitchmade motherfucker to stay in town. Lakers used to be a team that you had to respect no matter you liked them or not, but the "begging" movement has hammered their rep down to zero imho. They didn't even beg fat Daddy to stay back in 04.

Because they traded him. Jimbo is a dumbass and he'll destroy what his father had built. Jerry got Kirby to stay in 07, Jimbo would have dared him to leave and he would have been gone. Jimbo and Mitch got too much credit.

Captivus
08-14-2013, 07:52 AM
OP Reaching

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2013, 08:08 AM
“Having these guys in my backyard and have them pushing me to the limit is just going to make me better,” said Howard after his 90-minute workout wrapped up. “It’s not about emulating Dream. That’s the thing. We get caught up in comparing players, trying to do what this guys does just because you work with him. The thing is, when you workout with a guy like Hakeem or Kevin McHale, you take away certain things. You don’t try to do everything they can do. I could workout with Michael Jordan, but I’m not going to be able to shoot the fadeaway like Michael Jordan.

Setting aside for a moment that Howard’s analogy makes zero sense — Michael Jordan, of course, was a shooting guard, while Olajuwon and McHale had Hall of Fame careers playing the same positions as Howard — this is either Howard trying to keep expectations low, or a sign that he still doesn’t get it.

Excellent analysis! I've said it before...in order to play like Dream and Mchale you had to be playing that way for a long time...you cannot teach someone of Dwight's mindset how to play a finesse game with a few workouts...it just doesn't work that way...Dwight is not a fast learner this much we know...people like to cast aspersions on his playing with Kobe but what they don't realize is that Nash actually had a hard time playing with Dwight because of his low IQ for the game. Dwight and Nash actually clashed often when Nash was on the court...Kobe played excellent last year...he facilitated that offense very well as a combo guard and averaged a career high in assists.

Back to the original point...Dwight is trying to lower the bar...but it's very funny since he wanted the Lakers to end the Kobe era and usher in a new Dwight era based on nothing he's accomplished...Dwight must think the NBA is like working in Corporate America :lol

Dude will fail in Houston and I for one won't pity him...personally I'm not upset he left what really lite my fire is I feel this guy is real low IQ person and not just on the court...and he had the audacity to want Kobe to just step aside for him and he didn't even want to earn it...and he had the nerve to ask them to just give the team to him...He's a moron of the highest order and I'm stunned that he thinks he's that good.

Rogue
08-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes they traded him, but he also wanted to leave. Dude was just upset that the whole team as well as the LA city had turned to Kobe's dick, so he requested the team to trade him away and the team consented. They had never tried to convince him to stay it seemed like. Daddy won that city 3 rings and still didn't got such honorific treatment DH received after playing there for only one year, achieving nothing but a #7 seed and a first-round broom, which's jolly ironic tbh

Raven
08-14-2013, 08:45 AM
what is bad about keeping expectations low?

Michael Jordan.
08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Excellent analysis! I've said it before...in order to play like Dream and Mchale you had to be playing that way for a long time...you cannot teach someone of Dwight's mindset how to play a finesse game with a few workouts...it just doesn't work that way...Dwight is not a fast learner this much we know...people like to cast aspersions on his playing with Kobe but what they don't realize is that Nash actually had a hard time playing with Dwight because of his low IQ for the game. Dwight and Nash actually clashed often when Nash was on the court...Kobe played excellent last year...he facilitated that offense very well as a combo guard and averaged a career high in assists.

Back to the original point...Dwight is trying to lower the bar...but it's very funny since he wanted the Lakers to end the Kobe era and usher in a new Dwight era based on nothing he's accomplished...Dwight must think the NBA is like working in Corporate America :lol

Dude will fail in Houston and I for one won't pity him...personally I'm not upset he left what really lite my fire is I feel this guy is real low IQ person and not just on the court...and he had the audacity to want Kobe to just step aside for him and he didn't even want to earn it...and he had the nerve to ask them to just give the team to him...He's a moron of the highest order and I'm stunned that he thinks he's that good.

The Begging

Bulaien999
08-14-2013, 02:25 PM
You are D12...Superman version 2...you've been in the league for 9 yrs...you've been to the finals...played on the Olympics...you're a stud...3 time DPOY...

Something isn't adding up you mongoloid. Both of those are your own quotes :lol

DMC
08-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Bro you still stalk that chick that dumped you via facebook? Just curious.

spurraider21
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
:lol koolaid starting a thread with his alternate account, gets on his main and jerks off to the "excellent analysis"

the saltiness is strong in this one

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Something isn't adding up you mongoloid. Both of those are your own quotes :lol

you're quoting me out of context....plus Dwight got swept by the Spurs..no excuses for that

DMC
you're quoting me out of context....plus Dwight got swept by the Spurs..no excuses for that

So did Kobe

Koolaid_Man
:lol koolaid starting a thread with his alternate account, gets on his main and jerks off to the "excellent analysis"

ask Kori..she can validate..I don't do alt accounts..I am who I am

RsxPiimp
08-14-2013, 10:03 PM

damn dude, how many times i have to tell you im not koolaid man, ask kori, shoot i dont know if jamstone remembers but he can tell you i'm pinoy and im sure koolaidman is not an asian. you need to drop it and move on young fella.

spurraider21
08-14-2013, 10:40 PM
damn dude, how many times i have to tell you im not koolaid man, ask kori, shoot i dont know if jamstone remembers but he can tell you i'm pinoy and im sure koolaidman is not an asian. you need to drop it and move on young fella.

kool is most definitely asian

RsxPiimp
08-14-2013, 10:43 PM
kool is most definitely asian

i thought he's african american all along.