PDA

View Full Version : You're a thief...a common thief....

Duff McCartney
07-20-2005, 09:52 PM
What the fuck? So anyway...I was here in my room watching tv and my mom got home. She called me to the living room and I was like "What?" She says look what somebody stole...I was expecting the worse. So we walked out to the front yard and I was like what?

She points to a little patch of dirt next to our walkway to the door. I saw that we had a big plant that was Elephant ear. I just stood there baffled...what kinda world are we coming to that somebody would dig up and steal a plant? A plant that's not even that great....I mean maybe if they stole a potted one they could sell it but one that's already dug up and shit?

If you don't know what Elephant ear looks like here is a pic....

http://www.krika.com/Tropical%20Garden/Tropical%20E/elephant-ear2.jpg

Idiots.

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Shit you can take that back to your yard and plant the motherfucker. I'd steal a plant, not an Elephant Ear but something badass like a Crape Myrtle or some shit like that.

Suns Fan
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Does anyone on your block work at the zoo?

an elephant ear might not mean much to you guys, but tell that to the Elephant. :lmao

MannyIsGod
07-20-2005, 10:09 PM

Larry Dallas
07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
have you notified SAPD yet? they are the Secure All Plants Department :lmao

mouse
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I would post pictures on all the telephone poles in your area, Did it have any unusual markings? I would check E bay tonight also, I at one time smoked a banana plant once but never an Elephant ear plant, You live near any stoners?

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I at one time smoked a banana plant once but never an Elephant ear plant, You live near any stoners?

What kind of fucking moron smokes a banana plant? I only smoke shit that has been proven to give a high.

Summers
07-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Whenever my grandmother takes flowers to my grandfather's grave, somebody takes them. That's fucked up, stealing from the dead! :flipoff

Felipe
07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
elephant's ears are so nice

mouse
07-20-2005, 10:34 PM
What kind of fucking moron smokes a banana plant? I only smoke shit that has been proven to give a high.

how high can a midget get?

Kourtnie
07-21-2005, 12:23 AM
thats crazy so now you have a patch there in your yard... I have to see if when I get home to your house... That doesnt make sense of well anyways... I probably know which one your talking about....

King
07-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Someone stole all the plants off my girlfriends balcony the other night, too.

Michael Jackson
07-21-2005, 12:28 AM
now,

a thief of justice, i can understand.

a thief of plant, not so much

Do you remember when your mother called me a thief for stealing your virginity?

3rdCoast
07-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I am slightly disturbed by the Michael Jackson posts.

I feel violated just reading them.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Someone stole all the plants off my girlfriends balcony the other night, too.

Damn, it's a San Antonio epidemic.

Call the Trouble Shooters.

gospursgojas
07-21-2005, 01:01 AM

Yeah!!! I happen to think Jakie is hot

ZStomp
07-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Maybe they thought it was cannibis.....???

mouse
07-21-2005, 02:01 AM

I e mailed you , and Chris Duel about a huge story I had on apartments in san antonio , they are burning up for no reason, I was in one remember? you see me on Tv? and yet you think they will really do a story about some ass hole who stole a tomato plant?

what color is the sky in your world? :lmao

batman2883
07-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Shit you can take that back to your yard and plant the motherfucker. I'd steal a plant, not an Elephant Ear but something badass like a Crape Myrtle or some shit like that.

???? You know names of plants?

Useruser666
07-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Jim wants his money or else. Next time say bye bye to that boxwood! :lol

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 08:09 AM
I wish someone would come dig up and haul off all of the dead shit in my yard.

cmc$purs
07-21-2005, 08:14 AM
some a-hole took my hose a couple of weeks ago :cuss

i got the last laugh that hose was a piece it had a pinhole that would spray you in the ass :lol

F-ING THIEF :makemyday

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 08:20 AM
I have plenty of mesquites that they could come dig up. Help yourselves. :lol

midgetonadonkey
07-21-2005, 08:32 AM

Yeah dude, plants are sweet. Nothing wrong with being knowledgeable about many different things.

Jimcs50
07-21-2005, 08:47 AM
What the fuck? So anyway...I was here in my room watching tv and my mom got home. She called me to the living room and I was like "What?" She says look what somebody stole...I was expecting the worse. So we walked out to the front yard and I was like what?

She points to a little patch of dirt next to our walkway to the door. I saw that we had a big plant that was Elephant ear. I just stood there baffled...what kinda world are we coming to that somebody would dig up and steal a plant? A plant that's not even that great....I mean maybe if they stole a potted one they could sell it but one that's already dug up and shit?

If you don't know what Elephant ear looks like here is a pic....

http://www.krika.com/Tropical%20Garden/Tropical%20E/elephant-ear2.jpg

Idiots.

Guido has found your house I see.

For $800, you will get you plant back.

PS. Do you know how hard it is putting 20 tiny blindfolds on that thing?

:)

Jimcs50
07-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Jim wants his money or else. Next time say bye bye to that boxwood! :lol

LOL great minds think alike.

:lol

Shelly
07-21-2005, 08:59 AM

Cosmic Cowboy has an extensive knowledge of plants. If you saw him, I don't think you'd be questioning that knowledge at all! :lol

:lol @ Guido

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 09:01 AM
sorry for your loss.

AlamoSpursFan
07-21-2005, 09:50 AM
What would really rule is if Duff's mom starts getting pictures of her Elephant Ear at the beach, in Vegas, in Paris, etc...

Jekka
07-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I mean maybe if they stole a potted one they could sell it but one that's already dug up and shit?

You act like they couldn't just dig up a plant and put it in a pot themselves ...

samikeyp
07-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Whenever my grandmother takes flowers to my grandfather's grave, somebody takes them. That's fucked up, stealing from the dead!

that is messed up.

Watch out Duff....first it was your plant...your pink flamingo will be next! :lol

Duff McCartney
07-21-2005, 10:11 AM
You act like they couldn't just dig up a plant and put it in a pot themselves ...

Well potted plants are more expensive...those are things that do get stolen. But plants that are already like in the ground I never heard of anybody stealing.

I know my mom has had potted plants stolen before when we lived in a different neighborhood.

Jekka
07-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Well potted plants are more expensive...those are things that do get stolen. But plants that are already like in the ground I never heard of anybody stealing.

I know my mom has had potted plants stolen before when we lived in a different neighborhood.

They're more expensive because they're in a pot. Therefore, if you already have a pot, and steal a plant, you can sell it for the price of a potted plant.

AlamoSpursFan
07-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Elephant Ears are pretty inexpensive plants though...I can't imagine there'd be great black market for hot ones.

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 10:50 AM
this thief is really not that common after all.

MannyIsGod
07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
:lmao

I was typing up the "You're a theif with Jims money" reply last night when I got distracted and forgot about it. Damnit!

Anyhow, once someone stole Jekka's welcome mat.

However, the most fucked up thing I've ever had stole was my passenger side view mirror on my Alero. I was parked at a store, went in, came out, 10 minutes max. When I came out, it was GONE.

Shelly
07-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I guess they thought they were welcome to take it!

MannyIsGod
07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
It said "Go Away!" on it. It was a super cool mat and one day, it was gone!

Jimcs50
07-21-2005, 11:59 AM
It said "Go Away!" on it. It was a super cool mat and one day, it was gone!

I think the thieves took umbrage to that message and said "fine, I will go away and take this with me"

:)

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Someone stole our dartboard out of our garage when we lived at other house in Encino Park.

People are crazy.

Useruser666
07-21-2005, 12:45 PM
:lmao

I was typing up the "You're a theif with Jims money" reply last night when I got distracted and forgot about it. Damnit!

Anyhow, once someone stole Jekka's welcome mat.

However, the most fucked up thing I've ever had stole was my passenger side view mirror on my Alero. I was parked at a store, went in, came out, 10 minutes max. When I came out, it was GONE.

I think they probably knocked it off with their car. If an Alero ain't worth shit, then how much could an Alero mirror be worth?

Extra Stout
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
The Vietnamese people in my neighborhood used to do that all the time with the landscaping plants at newly-built homes. There'd be a house with a conspicuous hole in the ground where a plumbago was supposed to be, and next door there'd be some 70-year-old lady wearing a cone hat planting her new plumbago: "No, no! I buy! Home Depot!"

The superintendents never figured it was worth the headache to do anything about it, so they'd go get another $20 plant.

The Vietnamese also built themselves nice brick mailboxes with the bricks they'd steal from the homesites.

sa_butta
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I think they probably knocked it off with their car. If an Alero ain't worth shit, then how much could an Alero mirror be worth?Alot to a person driving around in an Alero with no mirror.:lol

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Elephant Ears are pretty inexpensive plants though...I can't imagine there'd be great black market for hot ones.

No joke. You'd think they would set their sights a littler higher, like a columbine or esparanza bush.

To date I don't know if a pyracanthia has ever been stolen. You might look into replacing it with one if it gets sunlight in that area. :lol

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 01:14 PM
I think they probably knocked it off with their car. If an Alero ain't worth shit, then how much could an Alero mirror be worth?

I dunno, I had one removed from a 1985 SkyHawk that wasn't worth a shit and it was $100 to replace....or $20 at Pick & Pull. :fro

The one on my current car to replace was $150....

Jekka
07-21-2005, 01:18 PM
No joke. You'd think they would set their sights a littler higher, like a columbine or esparanza bush.

The UK apparently has a pretty big problem with the stolen orchid trade - but some of those plants go for thousands of dollars. No one cares about Elephant Ear bushes.

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 01:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4325928100&category=32877&ssPageName=WD1V&rd=1 :tu

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 01:23 PM
You know....there are a lot of very nicely landscaped yards in my neighborhood, and it never even dawned on me to help myself.

I mean damn, they just leave the damn things out there all night...... :devil :lol

Fat Bones
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe y'all were not watering it and somebody felt it needed to be rescued.

Plant intervention by the PPS...plant protection services.

or maybe some Polynesian vegans ate it.

Look out for Hawaiians.

Shelly
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I snaked some zinnia seeds from our community pool!

MannyIsGod
07-21-2005, 02:28 PM
They didn't knock it off. There were no sratch marks anywhere and the mirror was gone. The motor and the mount were still there, but the actual glass was GONE. It wasn't broken on the floor. Weird shit man.

I suppose they could hav just cleaned it up, but that thing was EXPENSIVE as all hell so I always assumed it was stolen.

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 02:31 PM
manny, you were supposed to pay if forward and steal one off another alero.

kinda like those bastards that steal the tailgates off of trucks. :lol

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.naturehills.com/new/product/searchresult.aspx?search=Elephant+Ear&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Spring+Bulbs&ovcrn=ELEPHANT+EAR+PLANT&ovtac=PPC

I think it was a hobo...

Duff McCartney
07-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Well I looked and right next to where the old one was there is another smaller one. Like alot smaller..well at least it's alot better than not having one.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Just xeriscape your yard and plant cactus. They're a lot harder to steal, and if you plant the right ones you can use them to get high like the indians used to.

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Just xeriscape your yard and plant cactus. They're a lot harder to steal, and if you plant the right ones you can use them to get high like the indians used to.

That's what I want to do. :lol