PDA

View Full Version : Egypt

CosmicCowboy
08-15-2013, 06:22 AM
And we are paying and arming the guys doing the killing. Wonder how many more anti-US jihadists we are gonna create there? Mubarek isn't looking so bad now.

boutons_deux
08-15-2013, 08:24 AM
American Empire and its corporate predators have often supported anti-democratic, dictatorial powers.

Dumbed down Americans ask "Why Do They Hate Us?", proving how really dumbed down they are.

next up? More blow back in the unending War on Terrorism Caused By America.

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
puppet govts :D

Venti Quattro
08-15-2013, 10:58 AM
:lmao of course it's America's fault that these people are killing each other at will

boobie4three
08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/obama-my-work-here-is-done_zpsa25ce84b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/obama-my-work-here-is-done_zpsa25ce84b.jpg.html)

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2013, 03:32 AM
what is america gaining from egypt anyway? its not like you clowns are selling anything to them let alone them buying any or your services and shit

who needs guns and shit, when rocks and bricks was enough to overthrow a govt...

Wild Cobra
08-17-2013, 03:42 AM
what is america gaining from egypt anyway?

Good question. Maybe we should ask Obomba why he supports bombers?

boutons_deux
08-17-2013, 08:06 AM
The $1B+ per year in military aid to Egypt goes back to 1979 as part of the Israel-Egypt peace treaty. It's a business.

The money doesn't actually leave USA but goes to US arms mfrs who ship their killing machines to Egypt. aka, corporate welfare. Those arms mfrs buy Congressman to keep the racket going infinitely. Jobs and investors profits. That's a key reason the WH refused to call ousting Morsi a coup, since law prevents USA from aiding coupsters. Follow The Money.

We ship shit like planes and tanks that sit in boxes in Egypt, gifts from US taxpayers.

Egypt May Not Need Fighter Jets, But The U.S. Keeps Sending Them Anyway

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/08/08/209878158/egypt-may-not-need-fighter-jets-but-u-s-keeps-sending-them-anyway

Just one of the many insanities fucking up America. Ship $Bs of unopened boxes of military shit to Egypt and cut the US social safety net.

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2013, 09:08 AM
arming dickheads to fight against ur own men just to make a few measy dollars

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 09:38 AM
And we are paying and arming the guys doing the killing. Wonder how many more anti-US jihadists we are gonna create there? Mubarek isn't looking so bad now.So we should have paid Mubarek to do the killing?

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM
So we should have paid Mubarek to do the killing?

lol watever happen to his assets 20bill, same thing with suddam...

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
So we should have paid Mubarek to do the killing?

He was keeping his boot on the neck of the Muslim Brotherhood, so yeah, Mubarek was the best option. We caught a glimpse of what Morsi and the MB wanted to do, namely turn Egypt into another Islamic state, a la Iran. That may be just fine with you and 0bama, but it would be a disaster for the world.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 10:10 AM
He was keeping his boot on the neck of the Muslim Brotherhood, so yeah, Mubarek was the best option. We caught a glimpse of what Morsi and the MB wanted to do, namely turn Egypt into another Islamic state, a la Iran. That may be just fine with you and 0bama, but it would be a disaster for the world.I mean, what did you want the US to do?

Come out actively against democracy?

Invade?

Speak up.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 10:14 AM
So you preferred another guy supported by the military do the killing, actively supported by the US.

How is this different?

I thought what I stated was pretty clear to the average thinking person. I'm not going to dumb myself down in order to converse with you. Nope, not going to do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I thought what I stated was pretty clear to the average thinking person. I'm not going to dumb myself down in order to converse with you. Nope, not going to do it. Wouldn't be prudent.So you wanted to go to the mat for Mubarek and come out explicitly against the democratic movement in Egypt.

OK. Good to know where you stand.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 10:32 AM
So you wanted to go to the mat for Mubarek and come out explicitly against the democratic movement in Egypt.

OK. Good to know where you stand.

The cold hard fact is that when that "democracy" has as its goal to enact Sharia law, you have to crush it if you have the chance. Majority rule is a bad thing if you have more crazed voters than not.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Egypt considers outlawing Muslim Brotherhood

1 hr ago By Maggie Michael of Associated Press

The Muslim Brotherhood has been banned in Egypt for most of its history, though it held power from 2011 until ex-President Mohammed Morsi was deposed in July.

CAIRO — Egyptian authorities are considering disbanding the Muslim Brotherhood group, a government spokesman said Saturday, once again outlawing a group that held the pinnacle of government power just more than a month earlier.

The announcement comes after security forces broke up two sit-in protests this week by those calling for the reinstatement of President Mohammed Morsi, a Brotherhood leader deposed in a July 3 coup. The clashes killed more than 600 people that day and sparked protests and violence that killed 173 people Friday alone.

Cabinet spokesman Sherif Shawki said that Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi, who leads the military-backed government, assigned the Ministry of Social Solidarity to study the legal possibilities of dissolving the group. He didn't elaborate.

The Muslim Brotherhood group, founded in 1928, came to power a year ago when its Morsi was elected in the country's first free presidential elections. The election came after the overthrow of autocrat Hosni Mubarak in a popular uprising in 2011.

The fundamentalist group has been banned for most of its 80-year history and repeatedly subjected to crackdowns under Mubarak's rule. While sometimes tolerated and its leaders part of the political process, members regularly faced long bouts of imprisonment and arbitrary detentions.

http://news.msn.com/world/egyptian-islamists-vow-more-protests

boutons_deux
08-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Here are the top 10 American corporations profiting from Egypt's military

The irony is thick: Obama calls on Egypt’s interim government to stop its bloody crackdown on protesters, but continues to give it $1.3 billion a year in military aid (http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/130816/us-egypt-pleasing-nobody-middle-east-out-of-control).

For decades (http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/egypt/130815/us-foreign-aid-egypt), Egypt has been one of the largest recipients of US foreign military aid, receiving everything from F-16s to teargas grenades.

So who are the companies reaping the benefits?

The list below were the 10 biggest US Defense contracts (http://www.defense.gov/contracts/) involving direct military aid to Egypt from 2009 to 2011, according to The Institute for Southern Studies (http://www.southernstudies.org/2011/02/us-defense-contractors-with-the-most-at-stake-in-egypt.html).

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/130816/top-10-american-corporations-egypt-military-us-aid

... which needs to complemented by how much these 10 companies give to Congress, esp which states, districts have the most employees for these 10 companies.

Das Texan
08-17-2013, 11:29 AM
And we are paying and arming the guys doing the killing. Wonder how many more anti-US jihadists we are gonna create there? Mubarek isn't looking so bad now.

Its beyond me why we havent cut off aid to this fucking military coup.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 12:23 PM
In Egypt, the Military Is the Only Chance

By Andrew C. McCarthy
August 17, 2013 10:06 AM

To add to Stanley’s sage observations (both today and earlier this week), I argue in this weekend’s column that elections are not democracy and, in fact, that popular elections in a sharia culture that inevitably empower Islamic supremacists are innately anti-democratic – which is why our commentariat ought to stop referring to Mohamed Morsi as Egypt’s “democratically elected” president. He is (or was) the popularly-elected in an anti-democratic society.

Whether or not you choose to call Morsi’s ouster a “coup,” governance under the supervision of the Egyptian military is the only chance that Egypt has of reversing its slide into failed state-dom – it’s not a great chance, but it’s the only chance. As the editors argued this week, we should support Egypt’s armed forces. And I contend at the end of the column that, in light of the available choices – rule by Islamic supremacists or rule by the military – it is a shame that there is any doubt about where America stands.

It is going to get uglier in Egypt. Islamic supremacists continue taking their anger and resentment out on Christians, with dozens of churches having been torched and many having been killed. The Brothers are also torturing and killing suspected government informants. Meanwhile, the Arab press is reporting that Ammar Badi, the son of the Brotherhood’s “Supreme Guide” Mohammed Badi, was shot and killed Friday in the fighting in Cairo. I wrote about Badi in Spring Fever. For example:

In October 2010, just before the “Arab Spring” dominos started falling in Tunis, the Brotherhood’s Supreme Guide, Mohammed Badi, had given a speech calling for violent jihad against the United States. Specifically, Badi admonished that Muslims must remember “Allah’s commandment to wage jihad for His sake with [their] money and lives, so that Allah’s word will reign supreme and the infidels’ word will be inferior.” Applying this injunction, Badi exclaimed that jihad, or “resistance,” “is the only solution against the Zio-American arrogance and tyranny.” On went the invective: The United States had been wounded by jihadists in Iraq and Afghanistan; thus, Badi gleefully surmised, America “is now experiencing the beginning of its end, and is heading towards its demise.”

How could the Obama administration allow things to get to a point where authentic Egyptian democrats – who are a besieged minority – would justifiably believe, to their stunned dismay, that the United States is aligned with Badi and the Brothers, committed enemies of America and the West?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/356064/egypt-military-only-chance-andrew-c-mccarthy

boutons_deux
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Its beyond me why we havent cut off aid to this fucking military coup.

Ties With Egypt Army Constrain Washington

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/world/middleeast/us-officials-fear-losing-an-eager-ally-in-the-egyptian-military.html?from=homepage

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
I would have preferred the US stay out of it completely and not take either side.

Then again, that's not something 'Murica likes doing.

ElNono
08-17-2013, 12:39 PM
:lol watching conservatives stand up for Mubarak now it's kinda hilarious, after fully supporting uprooting Saddam in Iraq and the amount of civilian deaths that spawned.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
The cold hard fact is that when that "democracy" has as its goal to enact Sharia law, you have to crush it if you have the chance. Majority rule is a bad thing if you have more crazed voters than not.So you wanted to go to the mat for the dictator.

Worked out really well in Iran tbh.

The Brotherhood got ousted without US intervention and now you want to cut off aid to those who did it?

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 12:58 PM
[B]In Egypt, the Military Is the Only ChanceDuh. Every government in modern Egypt has served at the pleasure of the military.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 01:10 PM
The Brotherhood got ousted without US intervention and now you want to cut off aid to those who did it?

You're confused. I don't want to cut off aid to the Egyptian military. John McCain and Lindsey Graham do and I obviously think they're wrong. Sane people know these MB riots have to be put down and the military are the only ones who can do it.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 01:39 PM
You're confused. I don't want to cut off aid to the Egyptian military. John McCain and Lindsey Graham do and I obviously think they're wrong. Sane people know these MB riots have to be put down and the military are the only ones who can do it.So you are supporting Obama's current course.

OK.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 02:01 PM
So you are supporting Obama's current course.

OK.
0bama is correct on this issue. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 02:32 PM
0bama is correct on this issue. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then.So you were full of shit when you said Obama was fine with a fundamentalist Islam state in Egypt.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 02:55 PM
So you were full of shit when you said Obama was fine with a fundamentalist Islam state in Egypt.

I actually think he would be fine with it. He denounced the coup and called for Morsi to be reinstated. I said I agreed with his decision to continue aid to the Egyptian military. Why he's doing it is anybody's guess, but I don't believe it's because he want's the MB to disappear. He may be doing it to satisfy Saudi Arabia for all we know, or figures he might get roasted politically here at home if he cuts off aid. He's between a rock and a hard place no doubt. He certainly deserves some of the blame for this mess by giving that Cairo speech and implying that he would stand behind the people that wanted to depose Mubarak.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually think he would be fine with it. He denounced the coup and called for Morsi to be reinstated.Uh, when?

Sounds like complete bullshit.

I'll need a direct quote from Obama.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Uh, when?
My bad. 0bama did indeed denounce the coup, but didn't explicitly call for the reinstatement of Morsi. Chalk up one for the Chumpster.

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2013, 07:09 PM
My bad. 0bama did indeed denounce the coup, but didn't explicitly call for the reinstatement of Morsi. Chalk up one for the Chumpster.

he delicately danced around it in his official statement but used the phrase "democratically elected" multiple times which is Morsi.

I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law. Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force.

The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

The United States continues to believe firmly that the best foundation for lasting stability in Egypt is a democratic political order with participation from all sides and all political parties —secular and religious, civilian and military. During this uncertain period, we expect the military to ensure that the rights of all Egyptian men and women are protected, including the right to peaceful assembly, due process, and free and fair trials in civilian courts. Moreover, the goal of any political process should be a government that respects the rights of all people, majority and minority; that institutionalizes the checks and balances upon which democracy depends; and that places the interests of the people above party or faction. The voices of all those who have protested peacefully must be heard – including those who welcomed today’s developments, and those who have supported President Morsy. In the interim, I urge all sides to avoid violence and come together to ensure the lasting restoration of Egypt’s democracy.

No transition to democracy comes without difficulty, but in the end it must stay true to the will of the people. An honest, capable and representative government is what ordinary Egyptians seek and what they deserve. The longstanding partnership between the United States and Egypt is based on shared interests and values, and we will continue to work with the Egyptian people to ensure that Egypt’s transition to democracy succeeds,

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Democracy in that region of the world especially is three wolves, a sheep, and a rabbit voting on what is for dinner.

True democracy sucks.

ElNono
08-17-2013, 11:04 PM
quoting the great boutons, that region of the world is fucked and unfuckable...

Nbadan
08-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Egyptian prime minister Hazem el-Beblawi has proposed the legal dissolution of the Muslim Brotherhood and the government is studying the idea, a government spokesman said.

>

Mr Beblawi had made the proposal to the minister of social affairs - the ministry responsible for licensing non-governmental organisations, spokesman Sherif Shawky said. “It is being studied currently,” he said.

The Brotherhood was dissolved by Egypt’s military rulers in 1954, but registered itself as a non-governmental organisation in March in a response to a court case brought by opponents of the group who were contesting its legality.

The Brotherhood, founded in 1928, also has a legally registered political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, which was set up in 2011 after the uprising that led to the downfall of veteran autocrat Hosni Mubarak.

Read more: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/africa/egypt-considers-dissolving-muslim-brotherhood-1.1497610

They received about twenty five percent of the vote in the first election round--sounds like a lot, yes? Well, only forty percent of the country voted. That pulls down their actual approval considerably, and they had a massive GOTV effort.

Then, when Mursi wiped his ass on the constitution, started ruling by decree, started persecuting religious minorities, subjugating women, and changing laws to make pedophilia legal, and using the police to "settle scores," his approval went into the sewer.

The majority of the country is sick of their shit, and despite the horrific violence, most Egyptians are strongly supportive of the military at this time. Note that I said "at this time." That could and probably will change if the people aren't given another crack at this democracy thing.

I think most are hoping for the Turkish Ataturk model, where the military steps in when the government goes off the rails, and then retreats to the background and restores civilian rule of law after the crisis has passed. The military's oath is to serve the people by protecting the constitution, and based on Mursi's behavior, that is what they did. I agree with them that the MB needs to be outlawed. We have hate crime legislation in this country too, and they are an organization that peddles hatred.

Jacob1983
08-18-2013, 01:18 AM
What the fuck was Obama thinking? He needs to wear a "I've made a huge mistake" t shirt any time he speaks about Egypt. This was a clusterfuck from the beginning.

Nbadan
08-18-2013, 01:28 AM
What did you want Obama to do? Invade Egypt??

The brotherhood won the election not because Egypt is Islamic, like many of the Muslim haters here think...the brotherhood won the election because too many candidates split the moderate secular vote and a wacko extremists with just enough support beat the moderates...imagine there being 9 political parties in the U.S.. 8 moderate and one super extremists...now imagine the the 8 moderate parties split their vote while all the wackos vote for Sarah Palin..she wins .that is the situation in Egypt...

boutons_deux
08-18-2013, 08:20 AM
What the fuck was Obama thinking? He needs to wear a "I've made a huge mistake" t shirt any time he speaks about Egypt. This was a clusterfuck from the beginning.

but you give dickhead, Rummy, St Ronnie a pass for aiding Saddam and helping the Islamists in Afghanistan.

The MIC's self-enriching business with Egypt started in 1979, 30+ years before Obama. And of course, Israel (AIPAC) was in that loop.

boutons_deux
08-18-2013, 08:27 AM
quoting the great boutons, that region of the world is fucked and unfuckable...

the CIA has been dicking around in the Middle East since the early 50s when they got rid of Iran's democratically elected Mossadegh for nationalizing the colonial Anglo-Iranian Oil Co (UK couldn't do shit themselves because they were still poor, weakened from WWII), which led directly to the Iranian revolution, the Embassy hostages, and the St Ronnie's Repugs dealing with the Revolution to hold the hostages until St Ronnie was elected.

Imperialist UK and USA have been fucking up the Middle East, aka The Great Game, for a 100 years.

velik_m
08-18-2013, 08:31 AM
What did you want Obama to do? Invade Egypt??

The brotherhood won the election not because Egypt is Islamic, like many of the Muslim haters here think...the brotherhood won the election because too many candidates split the moderate secular vote and a wacko extremists with just enough support beat the moderates...imagine there being 9 political parties in the U.S.. 8 moderate and one super extremists...now imagine the the 8 moderate parties split their vote while all the wackos vote for Sarah Palin..she wins .that is the situation in Egypt...

For starters he could stop financing the army that is killing the civilians. Since when is it ok to use army for establishing "a democracy", i guess democratic elections are only when you elect the proper candidate. Maybe if they ban enough candidates from participating they can trully have a proper democracy

from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_presidential_election,_2012):

In the first round, with a voter turnout of 46%, the results were split between five major candidates: Mohamed Morsi (25%), Ahmed Shafik (24%), Hamdeen Sabahi (21%), Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotouh (18%), and Amr Moussa (11%), while the remaining 2% were split between several smaller candidates. The elections set the stage for the divisions that were to follow, along Islamist and secular lines, and those opposed to and those supporting the former political elite. Islamist candidates Morsi and Fotouh won roughly 42% of the vote, while the remaining secular candidates won 56% of the vote. Candidates Shafik and Moussa held positions under the Mubarak regime and won 35% of the vote, while Sabahi was a prominent dissident during the Sadat and Mubarak regimes.

Following the second round, with a voter turnout of 52%, on 24 June 2012, Egypt's election commission announced that Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Morsi had won Egypt's presidential elections. Morsi won by a narrow margin over Ahmed Shafik, the final prime minister under deposed President Hosni Mubarak. The commission said Morsi took 51.7% of the vote versus 48.3% for Shafik.

I guess "moderate secular vote" was a vote for people from dictator's regime, the true democrats. And the election looks a lot cleaner than Bush election, and i don't remember US army getting involved when Bush won the election without popular vote.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 09:27 AM
he delicately danced around it in his official statement but used the phrase "democratically elected" multiple times which is Morsi.Nope. It's a call for new elections. That's the transparent process.

George Gervin's Afro
08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
For starters he could stop financing the army that is killing the civilians. Since when is it ok to use army for establishing "a democracy", i guess democratic elections are only when you elect the proper candidate. Maybe if they ban enough candidates from participating they can trully have a proper democracy

from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_presidential_election,_2012):

I guess "moderate secular vote" was a vote for people from dictator's regime, the true democrats. And the election looks a lot cleaner than Bush election, and i don't remember US army getting involved when Bush won the election without popular vote.

If Obama stops the aid because of the violence..wouldn't that men he would be supporting the Muslim Brotherhood? the same group that all of his opponents bitched about when the they won the election?

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 10:58 AM
The US will not stop the aid.

pgardn
08-18-2013, 11:05 AM
what is america gaining from egypt anyway? its not like you clowns are selling anything to them let alone them buying any or your services and shit

You need to get out a map and find the Sinai, and then find Israel.
Then take into account Israel has Nukes and if the existence of this State is ever threatened because we back out, they will use them. Like it or not.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Suez canal says hi!

boutons_deux
08-18-2013, 11:43 AM
You need to get out a map

.. and find the Suez canal, where Egypt gives US (military?) ships priority.

I don't think Egypt would ever block US ships from the canal (US would invade Egypt, take over the canal), but they sure could put US ships at the end of the queue.

pgardn
08-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Suez canal says hi!
That is a given, not just for US. I'm betting the rest of the industrial world backs us taking it over under the guise of the UN.

Look at how much money we give to Jordan. Look at border between Jordan and Israel. @ tmvpaussie

pgardn
08-18-2013, 11:57 AM
.. and find the Suez canal, where Egypt gives US (military?) ships priority.

I don't think Egypt would ever block US ships from the canal (US would invade Egypt, take over the canal), but they sure could put US ships at the end of the queue.

Any major disturbance disrupts cheap trade between Europe and Asia. The industrial world needs it open.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Closing the canal is ridiculously easy for motivated terrorists. Blowing up one ship could block it for months.

pgardn
08-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Closing the canal is ridiculously easy for motivated terrorists. Blowing up one ship could block it for months.

So...

Why has this not occurred?

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, how would they go about that?

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah, how would they go about that?

Seriously? Hijack one big container ship or tanker, turn it sideways and scuttle it and blow holes in the hull. Don't even need to use missiles. It's the same logistic issue with the Iranians controlling the Straits of Hormuz. Sink one supertanker with a silkworm missile and oil can't get out of the Persian Gulf.

http://i0.wp.com/www.dailynewsegypt.com/beta/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/6-31.jpg

baseline bum
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
what is america gaining from egypt anyway?

Security for Israel

pgardn
08-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Seriously? Hijack one big container ship or tanker, turn it sideways and scuttle it and blow holes in the hull. Don't even need to use missiles. It's the same logistic issue with the Iranians controlling the Straits of Hormuz. Sink one supertanker with a silkworm missile and oil can't get out of the Persian Gulf.

http://i0.wp.com/www.dailynewsegypt.com/beta/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/6-31.jpg

yeah but that's a last resort thing for Iran. They screw themselves royally.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 01:31 PM
How would they hijack that?

boutons_deux
08-18-2013, 01:53 PM

don't have to hijack it. As with the Cole, just mosey on up and fire lots of RPGs, etc at the water line.

I'm sure there's plenty of great munitions the Islamists grabbed when Khadafi fell.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Sorry Chump, I'm not playing your stupid game today. If you really want to play stupid you are gonna have to find another sucker to troll.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Sorry Chump, I'm not playing your stupid game today. If you really want to play stupid you are gonna have to find another sucker to troll.Just say you have no idea, dude.

It's not a crime.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Guess it was impossible to hijack 4 airliners on American soil too. Idiot. There are a thousand possible scenarios the canal could be blocked. It just takes one.

/chumpidiot

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Guess it was impossible to hijack 4 airliners on American soil too.Yeah, they bought tickets.
Idiot. There are a thousand possible scenarios the canal could be blocked. It just takes one.

/chumpidiotYou posted the picture. Tell us how that ship could be hijacked.

/ButthurtCowboy

velik_m
08-18-2013, 02:57 PM

If he would even call it a coup, it would be illegal to continue to give money to the egiptian army, so no, he didn't denounce the "coup".

It's clear that this takeover of Egypt by army was done with full approval of USA, they just can't come out and support it openly. The hope is to remove the brotherhood from the "democratic" process and then repeat the elections with hopefully a more "correct" results this time around. Of course how alienating at least a quarter of population will do for stability and prosperity of Egypt in the long term, and what effects it will have on growth of terrorist cells in Egypt this will have, is another matter, but USA diplomacy was never known for its long term thinking.

velik_m
08-18-2013, 03:04 PM
If Obama stops the aid because of the violence..wouldn't that men he would be supporting the Muslim Brotherhood? the same group that all of his opponents bitched about when the they won the election?

No it would mean he doesn't support military takeovers of countries and supports democratically elected governments. Think of all the other countries getting the military aid, do they have to fear a coup even if they are fully democratic? Whose ally is the USA really, the army's or the nation's?

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, they bought tickets.You posted the picture. Tell us how that ship could be hijacked.

/ButthurtCowboy

:lmao

not butthurt at all.

Just can't imagine you are so stupid that you can't think of a single scenario where an unarmed ship could be hijacked or sunk. Pretty pathetic, really.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 03:32 PM

not butthurt at all.

Just can't imagine you are so stupid that you can't think of a single scenario where an unarmed ship could be hijacked or sunk. Pretty pathetic, really.You haven't shown that you can think of a scenario where that ship could be hijacked.

And you're pretty butthurt about it.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Democracy in that region of the world especially is three wolves, a sheep, and a rabbit voting on what is for dinner.

True democracy sucks.

Literally 40% of the countries population took to the streets immediately before Morsi was deposed. We call our system of obnoxiously limited choice democracy but it's barely a republic in my view.

Myself, I am perfectly fine with a secular interest obliterating a fundamentalist lunge into a power vacuum so as to prevent a theocracy.

pgardn
08-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Secular is fine. But secular governments do not trash a significant portion of the voters and survive. Mohamed ElBaradei quitting is an important sign.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Literally 40% of the countries population took to the streets immediately before Morsi was deposed. We call our system of obnoxiously limited choice democracy but it's barely a republic in my view.

Myself, I am perfectly fine with a secular interest obliterating a fundamentalist lunge into a power vacuum so as to prevent a theocracy.

Seriously?

The USA is not a democracy. Never has been.

Technically we are a constitutional republic.

Unfortunately we are rapidly forgetting the constitutional part.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2013, 10:33 PM
And Chump has reached a new low of dialogue when he refuses to grasp the concept that illiterate Somalian pirates in freaking sailboats with outboard motors can seize commercial ships on the open ocean and yet he thinks that the Arab Brotherhood with all the weapons stolen in Libya couldn't seize or sink a ship in the limited confines of the Suez Canal. He has truly reached a new low in Chumpdom.

:lmao @ Chump.

boutons_deux
08-18-2013, 10:48 PM
btw

Aug. 19, 1953.

is the 60th anniversary of the CIA overthrowing Mossedegh to install the hereditary monarch, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi.

johnsmith
08-18-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm going to side with CC on his discussion with Chump....that's a dumb fucking question about "how to hijack" the boat....CC isn't a fucking terrorist but rather was throwing out a hypothetical that doesn't seem that far fetched....chump on the other hand is just blatantly doing the "chump thing"...

Be more creative or come up with a new thing or you risk becoming Boutons.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 11:03 PM
And Chump has reached a new low of dialogue when he refuses to grasp the concept that illiterate Somalian pirates in freaking sailboats with outboard motors can seize commercial ships on the open ocean and yet he thinks that the Arab Brotherhood with all the weapons stolen in Libya couldn't seize or sink a ship in the limited confines of the Suez Canal. He has truly reached a new low in Chumpdom.

:lmao @ Chump.Hey, I honestly just want to know how they are going to board that ship pictured in or around the canal where they have enough time run it aground in the scenario you laid out.

If you bitch that I can imagine how they can do it, why can't you actually say it?

You too, johnsmith. If it's not far-fetched to you, step up. I'm willing to read it but if all you guys are going to do is whine it doesn't work.

ElNono
08-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Seriously?

The USA is not a democracy. Never has been.

Technically we are a constitutional republic.

Unfortunately we are rapidly forgetting the constitutional part.

The US isn't a "pure" or "direct" democracy, but it's certainly a democratic system. There would be nothing inaccurate in categorizing the US as a democracy.

Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws. It encompasses social, economic and cultural conditions that enable the free and equal practice of political self-determination.

Also interesting to note is that the notion of "republic" in the US has changed over time, and it was originally a novel concept compared to what was known as a "republic" at the time (more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic#United_States)

TSA
08-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Hey, I honestly just want to know how they are going to board that ship pictured in or around the canal where they have enough time run it aground in the scenario you laid out.

If you bitch that I can imagine how they can do it, why can't you actually say it?

You too, johnsmith. If it's not far-fetched to you, step up. I'm willing to read it but if all you guys are going to do is whine it doesn't work.

With a .50 cal BMG of course. Those things can shoot down an airplane from 4 miles away.

TSA
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Be more creative or come up with a new thing or you risk becoming Boutons.

Be more specific.

ElNono
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
and lol @ democracy in these countries full of fanatics... it's a different world out there...

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 11:23 PM
With a .50 cal BMG of course. Those things can shoot down an airplane from 4 miles away.Where did planes come into this?

johnsmith
08-18-2013, 11:30 PM

Ok....they're going to raid the ship via small boats, climb up there, and take the boat hostage....then they're gonna blow it up.

Happy?

Fuck man...just stop....know when to say when on the constant schtick.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok....they're going to raid the ship via small boats, climb up there, and take the boat hostage....then they're gonna blow it up.

Happy?

Fuck man...just stop....know when to say when on the constant schtick.It's not a shtick in this case. We're talking about this ship.

Where's the ladder?

johnsmith
08-18-2013, 11:33 PM
It's not a shtick in this case.

Where's the ladder?

On the other side of the boat.

Goodnight.

TSA
08-19-2013, 12:09 AM
It's not a shtick in this case. We're talking about this ship.

Where's the ladder?

Notice how much slower this ship is moving compared to a plane. If a .50 cal BMG can take out a plane from 4 miles away, a person armed with said weapon could surely hit a boats fuel tank from where this same picture was taken. Seriously, it's a .50 fucking cal BMG!

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Notice how much slower this ship is moving compared to a plane. If a .50 cal BMG can take out a plane from 4 miles away, a person armed with said weapon could surely hit a boats fuel tank from where this same picture was taken. Seriously, it's a .50 fucking cal BMG!You'll have to educate us on the fuel tanks of this ship. Where are they? Is this ship built any differently from an airplane?

Also, we were talking about boarding and hijacking the ship.

Try to keep up.

And they just allow small boats to run willy-nilly in the canal?

TSA
08-19-2013, 12:26 AM
You'll have to educate us on the fuel tanks of this ship. Where are they? Is this ship built any differently from an airplane?

Also, we were talking about boarding and hijacking the ship.

Try to keep up.

And they just allow small boats to run willy-nilly in the canal?
Before we go further you'll need to research the .50 cal BMG as I wouldn't need to be willy dillying on a boat dumbass, I'd be 4 miles away.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Before we go further you'll need to research the .50 cal BMG as I wouldn't need to be willy dillying on a boat dumbass, I'd be 4 miles away.Well, considering this was done with a shaped charge right next to a ship and didn't sink it, I'm going to conclude the gun your bragging about might have a difficult time exploding a cargo ship's fuel tanks from four miles away.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg

TSA
08-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Well, considering this was done with a shaped charge right next to a ship and didn't sink it, I'm going to conclude the gun your bragging about might have a difficult time exploding a cargo ship's fuel tanks from four miles away.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg
Shaped charge :lmao

Read up on the .50 cal BMG.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Shaped charge :lmao

Read up on the .50 cal BMG.Give me a link. Make sure you include it's cargo ship exploding capabilities.

Your claim is that gun can do more damage at four miles than 700 pounds of explosives point blank. I'd love to read the supporting documents.

TSA
08-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Give me a link. Make sure you include it's cargo ship exploding capabilities.

Your claim is that gun can do more damage at four miles than 700 pounds of explosives point blank. I'd love to read the supporting documents.

It's not my claim.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:10 AM
It's not my claim.Your claim is you could blow up the fuel tanks of the pictured container ship from four miles away, is it not?

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Boutons, never gave Dubya or his buddies a pass on that shit that happened in the past. This is 2013 and Obama is president, not Bush. This clusterfuck in Egypt is all Obama. I just laugh at Obama jizz drinkers that try to defend him on this shit. It's pathetic. Your guy sucks ass on foreign policy just as much if not more than Bush. When it comes to foreign policy, Obama is Bush on steroids. True liberals should be furious at their guy Obama.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Boutons, never gave Dubya or his buddies a pass on that shit that happened in the past. This is 2013 and Obama is president, not Bush. This clusterfuck in Egypt is all Obama. I just laugh at Obama jizz drinkers that try to defend him on this shit. It's pathetic. Your guy sucks ass on foreign policy just as much if not more than Bush. When it comes to foreign policy, Obama is Bush on steroids. True liberals should be furious at their guy Obama.What would you have done with Egypt from 2009 to today?

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Leave them the fuck alone, close all embassies and consulates in Egypt, and cut all foreign aid to them. Fuck em'.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Leave them the fuck alone, close all embassies and consulates in Egypt, and cut all foreign aid to them. Fuck em'.In 2009?

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Yeah, they don't need our money. Leave them alone and let them just kill each other. That's what America should do in a lot of places especially the Middle East. Leave them alone. Let them be barbarians and kill each other. Stay the fuck out of it.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Yeah, they don't need our money. Leave them alone and let them just kill each other. That's what America should do in a lot of places especially the Middle East. Leave them alone. Let them be barbarians and kill each other. Stay the fuck out of it.Just leave it to whoever wants it? China? Russia?

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Sure, why not?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Sure, why not?Oil.

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Fuck oil. Oil is bad according to Al Gore and climate change enthusiasts so we don't need Egypt and the rest of the Middle East.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Fuck oil. Oil is bad according to Al Gore and climate change enthusiasts so we don't need Egypt and the rest of the Middle East.Is it bad according to you?

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Yes, you could say it's bad.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Yes, you could say it's bad.I didn't ask what I could say.

johnsmith
08-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Chump!!!! Fuck man, wrong thread for this.

Th'Pusher
08-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Fuck oil. Oil is bad according to Al Gore and climate change enthusiasts so we don't need Egypt and the rest of the Middle East.
So an increase in the price of oil and oil based products like plastics, that's something you'd be ok with as long as he US took an isolationist policy where we forego our strategic interests in the ME?

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Oil prices are already jumping because of the strategic threat to the Suez Canal. Of course, Chump says there is nothing to worry about.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Eh, it was closed for eight years one time.

The world didn't end.

I guess everyone gave up on explaining how to hijack det ship except blowing it up with a rifle from four miles away.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Eh, it was closed for eight years one time.

The world didn't end.

I guess everyone gave up on explaining how to hijack det ship except blowing it up with a rifle from four miles away.

God you are a buffoon.

Scenario one: muslim brotherhood sleeper/s in the crew that mutiny and take over the ship, or even a ship captain loyal to the cause.

Scenario two: Helicopter assault.

Scenario three. Water assault with grapple cannons.

Scenario four. A renegade pilot in the Egyptian air force drop a missile on one.

Scenario five: A silkworm missile bought on the black market or acquired from Iran

Scenario six: 13% of the worlds LNG travels through the Suez Canal. These things are floating bombs and could be knocked out easily by a tank or a tow missile (from Libya).

That's just off the top of my head chumpster.

boobie4three
08-19-2013, 09:52 AM
UK Ambassador: Obama's Cairo Speech Set Stage for Egypt Disaster

By making this major speech in Egypt, the largest country in the so-called Arab world, he wanted to signal a clean break with nasty right-wing American policies (Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran) and proclaim a new start based not on military might and intervention but rather on ‘dialogue.’

Not necessarily a bad idea. But it needed doing guilefully. Dialogue is often good. The problem is what to say, and what the other side hears. And then what to do if the other side isn’t really listening, or doesn’t like what it hears.

The Cairo speech opened on a weird note:

"I’m also proud to carry with me the goodwill of the American people, and a greeting of peace from Muslim communities in my country: Assalaamu alaykum." (Applause.)

What? Why is the President of the United States carrying a greeting of peace from U.S. Muslim communities? What about Christian or Buddhist or indeed atheist communities?

What does this opening say to non-Muslims in the U.S.A. and in the Middle East alike?

Then we get this:

"I’ve come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world, one based on mutual interest and mutual respect, and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition."

Why is he putting America and Islam in the same categories? The more so when he goes on to say this:

"I know there are many — Muslim and non-Muslim — who question whether we can forge this new beginning . . . Some suggest that it isn’t worth the effort — that we are fated to disagree, and civilizations are doomed to clash."

Then we get the ritual rehearsal of the scientific triumphs of an earlier Islam. This strikes me as implicitly patronizing. Yes, centuries ago Islam achieved huge strides. But then what happened?

The speech does not mention the ruinous civilizational consequences — closely analyzed by the United Nations in its landmark 2002 Report — of the systemic failure down the centuries to translate non-Islamic books into Arabic.

more

http://www.newsmax.com/GlobalTalk/Obamas-Cairo-Speech-Egypt/2013/07/17/id/515639

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 09:54 AM
God you are a buffoon.

Scenario one: muslim brotherhood sleeper/s in the crew that mutiny and take over the ship, or even a ship captain loyal to the cause.

Scenario four. A renegade pilot in the Egyptian air force drop a missile on one.

Scenario five: A silkworm missile bought on the black market or acquired from Iran

Scenario six: 13% of the worlds LNG travels through the Suez Canal. These things are floating bombs and could be knocked out easily by a tank or a tow missile (from Libya).

That's just off the top of my head chumpster.:lol You act like the canal is a lawless war zone where folk can just drive a tank thousands of miles from Libya and just start shooting missiles at ship convoys.

I'm also trying to figure out what end would sinking a ship in the canal achieve for the Brotherhood. Would it actually help them win any popular support?

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Chump the buffoon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/commodities/10251219/Commodities-Egyptian-bloodbath-threatens-crucial-routes-for-oil-and-gas-supplies.html

After last week’s bloody crackdown by the Egyptian army, fears of a disruption of oil supplies to the West have boosted the oil price. Brent crude prices were propelled to a four-month high of $111.23 on Thursday. If the turmoil gets worse – or unrest spreads to other countries – the risk premium currently factored into the price of crude is likely to increase further.
Egypt is not a major energy exporter, producing a nominal amount of the world’s oil and gas. The North African country appears at number 54 on the list of the world’s largest oil exporters, producing about 0.9pc of the world’s oil and 1.8pc of global natural gas supply.
However, Egypt plays a vital role in international energy markets through the operation of the Suez Canal and the Suez-Mediterranean (Sumed) pipeline. These are vital pieces of infrastructure in the global oil market.
Last year, about 7pc of all seaborne traded oil and 13pc of liquefied natural gas (LNG) travelled through the Suez Canal, according to data collected by the US Energy Information Administration (EIA).
The Suez Canal, a 101-mile link between the Red Sea and the Mediterranean, and the 200-mile Sumed pipeline are strategic routes for Persian Gulf oil and gas shipments to Europe and North America.
Closure of these two routes would add an estimated 2,700 miles of transit from Saudi Arabia to the United States around the Cape of Good Hope, increasing costs and shipping time.
Hopes are high, however, that both the canal and pipeline will continue to operate as normal. Maritime insurers appear to be relaxed about the situation at the moment, but one, Skuld, has warned ships’ crews not to go ashore.
“Members are advised to ensure that ships and crew calling at Egyptian ports or transiting the Suez Canal remain on alert and take suitable precautions to ensure their safety,” Christian Ott, Skuld’s vice-president, head of claims, said. “Given the announcement of the state of emergency, and the continued situation on the ground, vessels and crew need to exercise particular caution if any crew step ashore – even for short periods of time.”

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Chump the buffoon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/commodities/10251219/Commodities-Egyptian-bloodbath-threatens-crucial-routes-for-oil-and-gas-supplies.html

After last week’s bloody crackdown by the Egyptian army, fears of a disruption of oil supplies to the West have boosted the oil price. Brent crude prices were propelled to a four-month high of $111.23 on Thursday. If the turmoil gets worse – or unrest spreads to other countries – the risk premium currently factored into the price of crude is likely to increase further.
Egypt is not a major energy exporter, producing a nominal amount of the world’s oil and gas. The North African country appears at number 54 on the list of the world’s largest oil exporters, producing about 0.9pc of the world’s oil and 1.8pc of global natural gas supply.
However, Egypt plays a vital role in international energy markets through the operation of the Suez Canal and the Suez-Mediterranean (Sumed) pipeline. These are vital pieces of infrastructure in the global oil market.
Last year, about 7pc of all seaborne traded oil and 13pc of liquefied natural gas (LNG) travelled through the Suez Canal, according to data collected by the US Energy Information Administration (EIA).
The Suez Canal, a 101-mile link between the Red Sea and the Mediterranean, and the 200-mile Sumed pipeline are strategic routes for Persian Gulf oil and gas shipments to Europe and North America.
Closure of these two routes would add an estimated 2,700 miles of transit from Saudi Arabia to the United States around the Cape of Good Hope, increasing costs and shipping time.
Hopes are high, however, that both the canal and pipeline will continue to operate as normal. Maritime insurers appear to be relaxed about the situation at the moment, but one, Skuld, has warned ships’ crews not to go ashore.
“Members are advised to ensure that ships and crew calling at Egyptian ports or transiting the Suez Canal remain on alert and take suitable precautions to ensure their safety,” Christian Ott, Skuld’s vice-president, head of claims, said. “Given the announcement of the state of emergency, and the continued situation on the ground, vessels and crew need to exercise particular caution if any crew step ashore – even for short periods of time.”So the insurers aren't even alarmed at this point?

Nice.

TSA
08-19-2013, 11:54 AM

:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 12:10 PM
God you are a buffoon.

That's just off the top of my head chumpster.

:lol Tom Clancy fan

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 12:40 PM
:lolWhere's the container ship exploding properties of your gun? I couldn't find any.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 12:41 PM
:lol Tom Clancy fanNo shit. Dude thinks the Suez canal is vulnerable to every form of attack because he drove by the Brownsville ship channel one day.

TSA
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Where's the container ship exploding properties of your gun? I couldn't find any.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 02:22 PM
No shit. Dude thinks the Suez canal is vulnerable to every form of attack because he drove by the Brownsville ship channel one day.

Uhhh chump, you stupid is showing again. The canal has already been intentionally blocked by sinking ships in it once.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Uhhh chump, you stupid is showing again. The canal has already been intentionally blocked by sinking ships in it once.The Egyptian government sunk 40 ships to block it.

What are the chances they do that now?

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 02:50 PM
The government wouldn't block the canal, the Arab Brotherhood terrorists would after they are outlawed by the Egyptian government.. And ships are a lot fucking bigger now. If you think it can't possibly be done you really are a stupid ass.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 02:56 PM
The government wouldn't block the canal, the Arab Brotherhood terrorists would after they are outlawed by the Egyptian government.I already asked what that would accomplish. If they want to rule Egypt with any popular support it seems that would be one of the last things they would want to do.
And ships are a lot fucking bigger now. If you think it can't possibly be done you really are a stupid ass.Possible? I guess, though not as easy as you want it to be.

Likely? Extremely not.

lol grappling cannons

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 03:11 PM
It's got nothing to do with what I want or don't want. It is your contemptuous refusal to acknowledge that an attack is feasible and possible. As the political arm of the Brotherhood comes unraveled the radicals will start striking back at the government just like they were blowing up pipelines in Iraq faster than they could fix them for awhile.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 03:21 PM
It's got nothing to do with what I want or don't want. It is your contemptuous refusal to acknowledge that an attack is feasible and possible. As the political arm of the Brotherhood comes unraveled the radicals will start striking back at the government just like they were blowing up pipelines in Iraq faster than they could fix them for awhile.Well, they've had 85 years to do it, being declared illegal several times during that period.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 03:39 PM
It's got nothing to do with what I want or don't want. It is your contemptuous refusal to acknowledge that an attack is feasible and possible. As the political arm of the Brotherhood comes unraveled the radicals will start striking back at the government just like they were blowing up pipelines in Iraq faster than they could fix them for awhile.

All you have demonstrated is that you read too many Clancy novels and watch too much TV and movies. It's laughable to say the least.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I've been looking -- are grappling cannons really a thing?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
And I love conflating a pipeline that travels thousands of miles and the Suez canal with Tom Clancy dramatics.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
And I love conflating a pipeline that travels thousands of miles and the Suez canal with Tom Clancy dramatics.Speaking of which, there is also a pipeline alternative to the canal that still has about 1/3 of its capacity unused.

And it also hasn't been attacked since it was built.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Why don't you guys quit flirting and just go ahead and suck each other off?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Why don't you guys quit flirting and just go ahead and suck each other off?Doesn't get much more butthurt than that.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Hardly. sayin it don't make it so Chump. No butt hurt here...just disdain for you and Fuzzy doesn't even rate a response.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Hardly. sayin it don't make it so Chump. No butt hurt here...just disdain for you and Fuzzy doesn't even rate a response.And yet you responded.

Butthurtedly.

People can say oil went up because of irrational Suez fear, but more tangible things than potential Tom Clancy plot devices actually happened last week.

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Maybe leaving Egypt alone would be the step in the right direction for America. Sooner or later, America has to let go of the oil in the Middle East and accept defeat on it.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe leaving Egypt alone would be the step in the right direction for America. Sooner or later, America has to let go of the oil in the Middle East and accept defeat on it.

Obama won't like it but he has no choice except to sit back and watch the army push the brotherhoods shit in. The army will eventually relinquish some power to an elected civilian control but it will be civilians they can work with and share power.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Obama won't like it but he has no choice except to sit back and watch the army push the brotherhoods shit in. The army will eventually relinquish some power to an elected civilian control but it will be civilians they can work with and share power.That's pretty much what Obama wants.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
That's pretty much what Obama wants.

And he told you this when?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
And he told you this when?In the quote you posted.

Thanks for that.

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
In the quote you posted.

Thanks for that.

I didn't see him refer to a military controlled civilian puppet government.

Might want to pull that hook out of the corner of your mouth flipper.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I didn't see him refer to military puppet government.You didn't see him refer to Morsi either, yet that name came out of your cryhole.

Might want to pull that hook out of the corner of your mouth flipper.Might want to pull the grappling cannon out of your ass.

Jacob1983
08-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Why doesn't Obama just drone the shit out of Egypt? He loves using drones on "bad guys" so why not? Would any of you Obama supporters have a problem with it?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Why doesn't Obama just drone the shit out of Egypt? He loves using drones on "bad guys" so why not? Would any of you Obama supporters have a problem with it?There's no need to do that.

You don't really think much before you post, do you?

CosmicCowboy
08-19-2013, 06:24 PM
You suck at internet searching Chumpster. SWAT teams use shit like this all the time...

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 06:39 PM
You suck at internet searching Chumpster. SWAT teams use shit like this all the time...

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1024x768/swat/558760/swat-jpg-cool-free-movie-558760.jpg

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 06:41 PM
You suck at internet searching Chumpster. SWAT teams use shit like this all the time...Here's what Google came up with.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6821542095_4ec100ef8f.jpg

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Ah, here we go.

http://www.southord.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/WJM857.jpg

33 Foot Swat-Style Folding Grappling Hook - WJM-857

If you’re a hiker, a climber, a SWAT Team member, or just “weird”, you need our folding grappling hook. Comes with 33 feet of rope. Why 33 feet? Don’t know.

Price: Price$24.95

anakha
08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Fuck, now I want a grappling cannon.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Fuck, now I want a grappling cannon.You just make the watch list, pal.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Islamic militants on Monday ambushed two mini-buses carrying off-duty policemen in the northern region of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing 25 of them execution-style in a brazen daylight attack that deepens the turmoil roiling the country and underscores the volatility of the strategic region. Elsewhere in Egypt, longtime Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak was acquitted Monday of corruption charges by a Cairo court, and his lawyer told CBS News he expected him to be freed "within 48 hours."

The killings, which took place near the border town of Rafah, came a day after 36 detainees were killed in clashes with security forces. In all, nearly 1,000 people have been killed in clashes between security forces and supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi since last Wednesday.

Mas @ http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57599074/egypt-bloodletting-rages-with-islamic-militants-killing-25-police-in-sinai-peninsula/

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
It needs to be pointed out the prior to the ousting of Morsi that 40% of the Egyptian population was on the streets demanding his removal. He was not ruling by the consent of his people. Also the press seems up until now reluctant to point out that it's not as if the army is was fighting only against unarmed pacifists or that the camps they were evacuating were armed.

Jacob1983
08-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Why is it that Obama can drone the shit out of Yemen and Pakistan but can't drone the shit out of Egypt? Liberals and Obama cock suckers certainly love to pick and choose what their guy can do.

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Obama apparently has cut off funding to Egypt and is treating it like a coup without calling it a coup.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/19/senator-obama-administration-secretly-suspended-military-aid-to-egypt.html

velik_m
08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Obama apparently has cut off funding to Egypt and is treating it like a coup without calling it a coup.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/19/senator-obama-administration-secretly-suspended-military-aid-to-egypt.html

Leahy’s “understanding is that aid to the Egyptian military has been halted, as required by law,” said David Carle, a spokesman for Leahy.

It's not required by the law, so what the hell does that mean?

The administration’s public message is that $585 million of promised aid to the Egyptian military in fiscal 2013 is not officially on hold, as technically it is not due until September 30, the end of the fiscal year, and no final decisions have been made.

“After sequestration withholding, approximately $585 million remains unobligated. So, that is the amount that is unobligated,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Monday. “But it would be inaccurate to say that a policy decision has been made with respect to the remaining assistance funding.”

So it's on hold until next instalment will be paid, or something...

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Here's what Google came up with.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6821542095_4ec100ef8f.jpg

Chump, you suck on multiple levels including gogole searching. Raytheon builds them for military and special forces and tactical use.

http://www.digitalforcetech.com/tpls.html

http://www.digitalforcetech.com/images/tpls.jpg

ChumpDumper
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Chump, you suck on multiple levels including gogole searching. Raytheon builds them for military and special forces and tactical use.

http://www.digitalforcetech.com/tpls.html

http://www.digitalforcetech.com/images/tpls.jpgAnd they build them for terrorists too according to you. Of course those guns (lol cannons) exist -- it's just that you think everyone can get them at a Pakistani WalMart (with a training certificate) in your Tom Clancy world.

They could probably use a t-shirt cannon like the Coyote uses at Spurs games.

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM
And they build them for terrorists too according to you. Of course those guns (lol cannons) exist -- it's just that you think everyone can get them at a Pakistani WalMart (with a training certificate) in your Tom Clancy world.

They could probably use a t-shirt cannon like the Coyote uses at Spurs games.

Now look who has the grapple gun shoved up their ass.

:lmao @ Chump thinking the terrorists can get surface to air missiles, AK47's RPG's etc. from the international arms trade but couldn't get or build something like that.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2013, 12:54 PM

Now look who has the grapple gun shoved up their ass.

:lmao @ Chump thinking the terrorists can get surface to air missiles, AK47's RPG's etc. from the international arms trade but couldn't get or build something like that.:lmao They're just going to saunter into a convoy of ships and shoot t-shirt cannons at a one of them without anyone noticing or doing anything about it.

If Raytheon wants to sell to terrorist, OK.

:lmao Tom Clancy

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2013, 01:40 PM
:lmao They're just going to saunter into a convoy of ships and shoot t-shirt cannons at a one of them without anyone noticing or doing anything about it.

If Raytheon wants to sell to terrorist, OK.

:lmao Tom Clancy

After your little tantrum I gave you multiple scenarios off the top of my head. You chose one to ridicule. Said it didn't exist, I proved it and shoved it right up your well worn ass.

Quite honestly I think it much more likely that an Egyptian AF pilot would get religious guilt after the army shoots enough brothers and renegade and use his F16.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
After your little tantrum I gave you multiple scenarios off the top of my head. You chose one to ridicule. Said it didn't exist, I proved it and shoved it right up your well worn ass.Grappling guns have always been a thing. Anyone who watched Adam West as a kid knows that. Cannons? not so much.

Quite honestly I think it much more likely that an Egyptian AF pilot would get religious guilt after the army shoots enough brothers and renegade and use his F16.Again -- what would be the point? Members of the military have been swayed before and nothing. Anyone wanting to run Egypt will need the canal.

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Grappling guns have always been a thing. Anyone who watched Adam West as a kid knows that. Cannons? not so much.

Again -- what would be the point? Members of the military have been swayed before and nothing. Anyone wanting to run Egypt will need the canal.

I'm not going to continue to argue this. It's clear the Muslim Brotherhood is not going to be running Egypt anytime soon. If they follow the pattern we have seen everywhere else the radical elements will go guerrilla and start blowing up shit. In fact, they have already started. I'm not claiming it's 100% that they would try to block the canal but you claiming it's not possible if they choose to do so is just plain dumb. Now go ahead and have the last word. I'm done with you and this subject.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm not going to continue to argue this. It's clear the Muslim Brotherhood is not going to be running Egypt anytime soon. If they follow the pattern we have seen everywhere else the radical elements will go guerrilla and start blowing up shit. In fact, they have already started. I'm not claiming it's 100% that they would try to block the canal but you claiming it's not possible if they choose to do so is just plain dumb. Now go ahead and have the last word. I'm done with you and this subject.Sure. The Brotherhood has been around for 80 years and hasn't ever done shit to the canal. The thing they really had going for them was all the goodwill they had in the public at large, serving the communities and shit like that. Violence was/is usually directed at foreigners and non-Muslims. The street would probably not look kindly upon the cutting of about half a billion dollars of annual revenue to the country. There are plenty of other targets out there.

And with the way the canal works as well as the military and police presence there, hijacking would be really difficult to pull off. That's just the way it is. I guess you can hope a ship gets bombed by a renegade pilot so you can say I told you so.

boutons_deux
08-28-2013, 09:40 AM
How Louie Gohmert Is Fueling An Anti-American Conspiracy Theory In Egypt

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2013/04/Louie-Gohmert-AP547952153935-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

When Rep. Louie Gohmert floats conspiracy theories, Americans across the political spectrum tend to roll their eyes and ignore him. But one of his more feverish conspiracy theories about President Barack Obama’s ostensible ties to the Muslim Brotherhood could be fueling dangerous anti-American sentiments in Egypt and potentially complicating U.S. foreign policy in the region, experts say.

For months, the five-term Republican congressman from Texas has been claiming that the Obama administration has been infiltrated by members of the Muslim Brotherhood who are steering U.S. foreign policy and emboldening terrorists.

“This administration has so many Muslim Brotherhood members that have influence that they just are making wrong decisions for America,” Gohmert told (http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gohmert-muslim-brotherhood-members-in-obama-administration-are) the conspiracy-friendly World Net Daily radio back in April, in just one example of such claims.

Gohmert’s remarks echo conspiracy theories put forth by conservative writer and advocate Frank Gaffney, who published a book last year titled The Muslim Brotherhood in the Obama Administration. Gohmert appeared on Gaffney’s radio (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gohmert-warns-fbis-muslim-brotherhood-advisers-and-immigrants-rushing) show earlier this year touting the Brotherhood’s influence on Obama.

At home, where the political class takes Gohmert with a grain of salt, the claim has been confined to the fever swamps. Gaffney’s theories were so fringe as to get him banned (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/12/422933/gaffney-acu-board-resolution/) from the high-profile conservative conference CPAC last year.

But in Egypt, where the democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood government was recently ousted by the country’s military after the people turned against it, it’s a different story. Anti-American conspiracy theories are rampant there, for a variety of reasons related and unrelated to U.S. foreign policy, and hearing it from a United States congressman lends credibility to the theory that the U.S. is teaming up with the Muslim Brotherhood — and even Al-Qaeda — to destroy Egypt.

“I guarantee you nobody in Egypt really knows who Louie Gohmert is or what he’s about. So they could very well point to this and say ‘Look! He’s a member of Congress. This must be serious. There must be something to it,’”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/08/louie-gohmert-fueling-anti-american-conspiracy-theory-egypt.php

fucking Dallas-bedroom Bible-belt Tyler's gift to the universe. :lol

Winehole23
03-24-2014, 09:41 AM
A court in Egypt has sentenced to death 528 supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.

They were convicted of charges including murdering a policeman and attacks on people and property.
The group is among some 1,200 Muslim Brotherhood supporters on trial, including senior members.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-26712124

Winehole23
03-24-2014, 09:43 AM
The court in Minya, south of the capital, Cairo, issued its ruling after only two sessions in which the defendants' lawyers complained they had no chance to present their case.

Lawyers have accused the presiding judge of "veering away from all legal norms" and denying justice to the accused, our correspondent adds.

They were convicted, among other charges, of the murder of the deputy commander of the Matay district police station in Minya.

Some 147 suspects were in court for the trial - the others were convicted in absentia, reports say.

The court also acquitted 16 other defendants.

The attacks took place in August after security forces broke up two camps of pro-Morsi supporters in Cairo, killing hundreds of people.

same

Winehole23
04-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Morsi never did anything this radical:

An Egyptian court here on Monday sentenced to death the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood and more than 680 other people after a swift mass trial on charges of inciting or committing acts of violence that led to the destruction of a police station and the killing of an officer.

The verdict, after a trial lasting only a few minutes, came just a month after the same judge drew condemnation from around the world for sentencing 529 other people to death (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/25/world/middleeast/529-egyptians-sentenced-to-death-in-killing-of-a-police-officer.html) in a similarly lightning-fast mass trial. The judge, Sayedd Yousef, affirmed the death sentences Monday of about 40 of the defendants in that mass trial and commuted the others to life in prison, which is understood here to mean 25 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/29/world/middleeast/egypt-sentences-hundreds-to-death.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.z_sma=WO_EST_20140428&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1388552400000&bicmet=1420088400000&_r=2

boutons_deux
04-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Sounds like Judge Yousef is trying destroy the Mooslim brudderhoot, very probably with US support.

pgardn
04-28-2014, 03:21 PM
A stable Egypt is a predictable Egypt.

This is a big foreign policy realization especially after Sadam, Gaddafii and now Asssad.

Winehole23
04-28-2014, 04:20 PM
There's as much reason to presume suppressing the Muslim Brotherhood will contribute to instability. The mass show trials could backfire.

pgardn
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM
There's as much reason to presume suppressing the Muslim Brotherhood will contribute to instability. The mass show trials could backfire.

I would have thought the instability would have already happened. The brazen crackdown while the Egyptian on the street was feeling like another protest. Seemingly the military is putting the noose on.

We will see.

Wild Cobra
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
In their culture, yes, it could backfire. However, I have a feeling that killing these terrorists will still be the better move.

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 07:37 AM
However, I have a feeling that killing these terrorists will still be the better move.I'm from Missouri. What acts of overt terrorism can be laid at the feet of the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt and those just condemned to die?

Be specific, if you can.

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 07:41 AM
unleashing thugs on non-violent protesters is thuggishness for sure, but is it terrorism?

boutons_deux
04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
"overt terrorism can be laid at the feet of the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt"

Participating in a military parade, MB slaughtered Sadat and others on the reviewing stand.

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 10:57 AM
sure about that?

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Egyptian Islamic Jihad is sort of an offshoot, isn't it?

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 11:03 AM
are there examples on ongoing terrorist activity by the Muslim Brotherhood since the killing of Sadat?

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 11:04 AM
you know, something to justify executing members more or less willy-nilly.

boutons_deux
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
are there examples on ongoing terrorist activity by the Muslim Brotherhood since the killing of Sadat?

It's a murky world, as related by institutional liars like CIA/NSA, but MB has been implicated in jihadism all over the planet. Considered "by some (c) dubya" to be a decades-long fountainhead of Muslim terrorism. That's why I'm sure US's umbrage is bullshit, while the US anti-terrorist departments are actually thrilled to have MB massacred.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm from Missouri. What acts of overt terrorism can be laid at the feet of the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt and those just condemned to die?

Be specific, if you can.
Sorry, I'm not going to search for past events. Do you so readily forget the past?

Wild Cobra
04-29-2014, 11:21 AM
you know, something to justify executing members more or less willy-nilly.
Believe as you wish. I think it sends a strong message.

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Sorry, I'm not going to search for past events. Do you so readily forget the past?not sure what you're talking about. forgetting about what?

Winehole23
04-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Believe as you wish. I think it sends a strong message.to prosecute people and convict them en masse without any semblance of fairness or due process certainly does send a strong message.