PDA

View Full Version : Trade Target: Stephen Jackson

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/06/15/jackson_sider_ap/t1_jackson_ap.jpghttp://www.nba.com/pacers/images/pacers_logo.gif

Stephen Jackson | 1
Position: F-G
Born: Apr 5, 1978
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 218 lbs. / 98,9 kg.
College : Oak Hill (VA)

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_jackson/index.html)

The prodigal son needs to return home. He needs the Spurs and the Spurs need him. Send the Pacers one of the excess centers for Jack and a pick. Jack comes off the bench next season and then replaces Bowen in the starting lineup in the following season.

Jack's deal wouldn't be bad for a starter in the NBA. Five seasons left at about $5.5 mil per in 2005-06.

2pac
07-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Maybe we can do a three-way and get detroit's fans in the deal too. A balla is nothing without fans who can appreciate it.

CHAMPS AGAIN
07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/06/15/jackson_sider_ap/t1_jackson_ap.jpghttp://www.nba.com/pacers/images/pacers_logo.gif

Stephen Jackson | 1
Position: F-G
Born: Apr 5, 1978
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 218 lbs. / 98,9 kg.
College : Oak Hill (VA)

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_jackson/index.html)

The prodigal son needs to return home. He needs the Spurs and the Spurs need him. Send the Pacers one of the excess centers for Jack and a pick. Jack comes off the bench next season and then replaces Bowen in the starting lineup in the following season.

Jack's deal wouldn't be bad for a starter in the NBA. Five seasons left at about $5.5 mil per in 2005-06.

get over it he is not coming back :lol :lol

exstatic
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
With Reggie retired, and Artest a time bomb at any time, I don't think that Indy wants one of our centers for their only viable, consistant swing position player.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
get over it he is not coming back

Excellent. What's your plan to address the 3 spot?

exstatic
07-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Bowen/BigDog/Johnsen

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Excellent. What's your plan to address the 3 spot?

Why does anybody have to come up with an idea when you post 50 posts a day of this kind of white noise? Why not let the forum organically come up with ideas on its collective own?

My answer: No. Stephen Jackson needs to start to be effective. Do you put Manu back on the bench? No, you don't.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Funny, most of what you have to bring to this forum fits the bill of "white noise".

Cry me a river if Scola had his feelings hurt or you can't get your way in this forum.

Read or scroll, you nagging bitch.

ace3g
07-20-2005, 10:41 PM
we dont even know what type of shape Big Dog is in. but I would like the spurs to Put Johnsen on the Training Camp roster and if he plays like he is in the Revue than he deserves to be on the spurs, if the spurs wanted to make a trade Nazr for Jackson I would go for it (I chose nazr over rasho because Nazr's salary is around 5 million to) and you wouldnt have to add any other player into the deal to match the salaries.

ace3g
07-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Nazr's 05-06 salary: $5,500,000

Jackson's 05-06 salary: $5,390,000

ace3g
07-20-2005, 10:45 PM
now I would definite add Jackson to my possible SF pick ups

Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace
Andres Nocioni
Johnsen

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Funny, most of what you have to bring to this forum fits the bill of "white noise".

Cry me a river if Scola had his feelings hurt or you can't get your way in this forum.

Read or scroll, you nagging bitch.

Stephen Jackson has been talked about many, many times in this forum. Why does it need another thread? I'm sure you believe your basketball thoughts are tremendously important, but they wind up washing good threads off the main page. That's my issue. You post ten threads a day asking about IR fodder like Casey Jacobson that generate generic chatter like, "gee, he was good in Stanford" and "well, he never played in Phoenix," that aren't really useful at all. Maybe you could sticky general free agent threads, but I don't see the use of an extra one for every single player. Of course I don't have some prodigious pseudophallus of a post count to maintain, but maybe to cement your ego we could give you an entire subforum to yourself to maintain the jones?

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/templates/as-tv-static-anim-01.GIF

My my, someone's panties are in a bunch.

ducks
07-20-2005, 11:00 PM
pacers will not move jackson
they will move artest instead

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 11:04 PM
All I'm saying, GodAllMighty Marcus Bryant KingOfForums is stop washing good threads off the board with claptrap.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey, I'll post what I want and you can post your whiney nagging bitch crap all day long.

I'm here to discuss Spurs basketball, not be a housewife like you.

ace3g
07-20-2005, 11:07 PM
atleast when Marcus posts these threads he gives reasons for them, he doesnt just say Jackson/ trade and thats it, he makes great points that are "possible"

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I don't think the Pacers would give up Reggie's replacement.

SequSpur
07-20-2005, 11:13 PM
White Noise Forum

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Dude, you are really getting old Mr.Body. It's starting to get annoying.

ducks
07-20-2005, 11:14 PM
with mike brown gone they might

bird said he did nto want to keep tinsley,oneal, artest and jackson
one of those highstrung players had to go

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
All I'm saying, GodAllMighty Marcus Bryant KingOfForums is stop washing good threads off the board with claptrap.

All I'm saying is you should stop nagging, or stop posting here.

ace3g
07-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I remember when the spurs had the chance to get Oneal, if we would have gotten him , the rest of the league could have said good bye to the Larry Obrien trophy for 4 or 5 years.

The spurs have gotten close to signing Elton Brand and jermain Oneal either one of those signings would have given us the trophy for years to come

Sense
07-20-2005, 11:35 PM
get over it he is not coming back :lol :lol

I agree.

T Park
07-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Didn't Jack have some problems with the Pacer management in the playoffs??

Without Mike Brown being there, he really will be tough to mess with.

Id call and ask what it would take.

Scola, Nesterovic, Devin Brown....

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't see why the Pacers would get rid of him. With Reggie gone and Artest getting some time at the 4, he's going to be their focal point from the wing.

T Park
07-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Artest getting some time at the 4,

WTF wtf:

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 01:34 AM
WTF wtf:

They have been playing him at the 4 in summer league to get him acclimated. They are planning on using him at the 4 and Jermaine at the 5 sometimes during the season.

T Park
07-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Wow thats something.

Still though, there seems to be bad blood there, and the guy holding Stephen down just a tad was Mike Brown, hes gone.

We will see what happens now.

slayermin
07-21-2005, 02:49 AM
I would love to see SJax back in black. :smokin

DesiSpur_21
07-21-2005, 03:02 AM
No S-jax for Spurs anymore please. I'd rather have Devin backin' up Bruce.

Yeah in 2003 he was needed, but the current core of guys is set for a few years .

Dre_7
07-21-2005, 04:45 AM
I highly HIGHLY doubt Jax ever comes back to the Spurs, but if they were able to get him for a reasonably good deal (some kinds of combo of Rasho, Beno, Scola or somethin) the Spurs starting 5 would be deadly. Parker, Manu, Jax, Tim, and Naz! And with Bowen, Barry, Big Shot, Brown, Oberto and whoever else commin off the bench! Ouch!

But, I dont see it happening. He had his chance to resign in 2003, and didnt take it. Sucks to be him. Could be a 2 time champ by now. Oh well. Its called the "law of sowing and reaping" Jax. Sorry :lol

SenorSpur
07-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I love the thought. Never wanted him to leave in the first place. Sjax's deadeye, cold-blooder, fearlessness was what was missing from this team in 2004 (yes that's a crack at HeDont Turkeylog). Of course, Big Shot Rob saved our asses this year. However if we could bring him back Jax to the fold, that would answer our swing position and improve our perimeter defense. While his ball-handling is suspect, many people forget Jax is a decent defender and plays the passing lanes fairly well.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Just think Jack -- you could be poishing at least one more ring and negotiating your long term extension with the Spurs right now.

Ah well....

boutons
07-21-2005, 10:27 AM
"answer our swing position"

... what was the question about it?

"and improve our perimeter defense'

... already the best 3-pt defense in the League.

SJax wouldn't start on the Spurs, and he considers himself a must-start-er.

He ain't coming,
he ain't needed, and
a lot of us don't want him back.

pache100
07-21-2005, 10:34 AM
pacers will not move jackson
they will move artest instead

Artest, although talented, is a liability at this point. It's going to take some doing to unload him. I think he stays in Indy one more year and has a chance to prove that maybe he's grown up a little. Or not. In which case, he's probably as done as Dennis Rodman.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
If I thought for a second that he could live with coming off the bench I might be inclined to take him, but he was borderline thuggish here in SA and he's gone completely bonkers elsewhere. There's a fine line between "tough" and "nuts" and he might be on the wrong side of it.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 11:07 AM
If I thought for a second that he could live with coming off the bench I might be inclined to take him, but he was borderline thuggish here in SA and he's gone completely bonkers elsewhere. There's a fine line between "tough" and "nuts" and he might be on the wrong side of it.

:wtf

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 12:00 PM

My God, why would they trade JAX? Their superstar?

After all, according to the Jax cult here, he's a player without peer who can virtually guarantee a title with dead-eye clutch shooting.

And to the Spurs everlasting shame they failed to pay him max money and therefore had no chance at the title since his departure. Oh Woe! O Doom!

boutons
07-21-2005, 12:07 PM
"dead-eye clutch shooting"

One of the SJax myths that won't die. SJax is not in NBA Top50 last season in 3G %age. A very mediocre 3G shooter, for his career. He needs a lot of shots to score, he's a poor rebounder for his position, size, and athleticsim (ie, no hustle, no smarts), and he "keeps both teams in the game" with his TOs.

We have Manu, Robert, Bruce, Brent for plenty of 3G's in season + playoffs, clutch, too.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Jack proved himself to be a big game player and shooter. He brought the Spurs back from the dead in the 3rd quarter of Game 6 of the 2003 WCF. He was there to nail the championship winning 3s in Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals.

Spurs fans need to review the last couple of series in the '03 playoffs before they start dogging Jack simply because he isn't a Spur anymore.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Jack proved himself to be a big game player and shooter. He brought the Spurs back from the dead in the 3rd quarter of Game 6 of the 2003 WCF. He was there to nail the championship winning 3s in Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals.

Spurs fans need to review the last couple of series in the '03 playoffs before they start dogging Jack simply because he isn't a Spur anymore.

If they review it they'll see that he was a turnover machine and one of the reasons why the Spurs were in a position of having to fight back into the games in the first place. He certainly wasn't the only one but he was the biggest reason I was yelling at my TV. He did some timely shooting, but he's no Horry. I didn't cry when he went to Atlanta crying over money, and I wouldn't boo him if he came back, but if I was GM I wouldn't go looking for a way to get him into a Spurs jersey anytime soon.

Spurologist
07-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Jack comes off the bench next season and then replaces Bowen in the starting lineup in the following season.

Is bowen planning on retiring after next season?

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Nazr's a turnover machine and everyone here and their dog wants to extend him. Jack was nails when it mattered most back in '03. The Spurs went with Barry instead of Jack last summer. Great fucking decision.

Bandit2981
07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
The Spurs went with Barry instead of Jack last summer. Great fucking decision.
I agree...I'll take a championship anytime.

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I can never understand fans who base their impressions of a player based on one performance in one game/series instead of steady play over a period of years. All sports have experienced these one time wonders and the Spurs have had a few.

He's an average % shooter who hogs the ball and puts it up a lot. Let's put Mr. Big Game Clutch Shooter in perspective. When it came time to keep the Pacers in the hunt for the championship, in 6 semifinal games, he shot (Y'all ready for this?)

28 of 86 for .326 FG% and 6 of 32 for .188 3pt.% He wasn't shy about putting his dead-eye clutch shooting to the test--and by the last few games, his teammates were freezing him out since passing to him was like passing to a black hole.

His 6 game playoff average of Asst to TO was 1.3 to 3.17 so I guess they were smart.

He obviously thinks he's a starter so where would you play this guy and who would you put on the bench? Bowen? Manu? I think not.

Jamtas
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Nazr's a turnover machine and everyone here and their dog wants to extend him. Jack was nails when it mattered most back in '03. The Spurs went with Barry instead of Jack last summer. Great fucking decision.

correct me if I'm wrong on this, but our chance to sign Jax was in summer of '03 not '04. If I recall correctly, the spurs didn't give him the contract he wanted because that could have prevented us from resigning manu and/or tony, plus he had gotten into trouble with Pop several times during the season and playoffs. Seeing how Big Dog had that happen after the tech he picked up and ceased to play for the remainder of the finals he might be out of the picture as well.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 12:58 PM
The Spurs had a chance to sign him in '04 as well.

Sense
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd love to see Jackson back, and I do believe what he did on the championship run was clutch, wouldn't mind having him on the team back...but lets face it, we had our chances, he's with another contender now...so they aren't letting him go, especially since he had no real time playing with Artest or Jermaine, plus the Pacers want to see what Jackson would've done in reggies position.

Ishta
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
He won't be back in SA

Cant_Be_Faded
07-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Stephen Jackson was the clutch shooter for this team in 2003 playoffs (overall)

But I dont remember the lineups of parker/manu/jackson/duncan/X doing all that well

Isnt jackson more comfortable at the 2 spot?

I wouldnt want his ass back, but if we got him I would not complain, and neither should anyone else....he's a player, and he's proven himself to us that he can play

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 01:17 PM
The Spurs had a chance to sign him in '04 as well.

Thank God they didn't.
He's an average % shooter who hogs the ball and puts it up a lot. Let's put Mr. Big Game Clutch Shooter in perspective. When it came time to keep the Pacers in the hunt for the championship, in 6 semifinal games, he shot (Y'all ready for this?)

28 of 86 for .326 FG% and 6 of 32 for .188 3pt.% He wasn't shy about putting his dead-eye clutch shooting to the test--and by the last few games, his teammates were freezing him out since passing to him was like passing to a black hole.

His 6 game playoff average of Asst to TO was 1.3 to 3.17 so I guess they were smart.

He obviously thinks he's a starter so where would you play this guy and who would you put on the bench? Bowen? Manu? I think not.

Can you defend your boy as a clutch shooter in spite of his record in the playoffs?

Sense
07-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Stephen Jackson was the clutch shooter for this team in 2003 playoffs (overall)

But I dont remember the lineups of parker/manu/jackson/duncan/X doing all that well

Isnt jackson more comfortable at the 2 spot?

I wouldnt want his ass back, but if we got him I would not complain, and neither should anyone else....he's a player, and he's proven himself to us that he can play

He wasn't the clutch shooter for the Spurs in 2003...

That's Mister Steve Kerr , ty.

Sense
07-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Thank God they didn't.

Can you defend your boy as a clutch shooter in spite of his record in the playoffs?

Stats were ugly in all the playoff games the Pacers played. He had to ball hog because the team had nowhere to go with no Artest, and at times he did bail them out, and he lead the team in ppg in the playoffs.

And I think I'd be willing to bench Bowen, or atleast try that, if not bench.

And yeah I'll defend him as a clutch shooter in spite of his record in the playoffs...when he's with the Spurs.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
He wasn't the clutch shooter for the Spurs in 2003...

That's Mister Steve Kerr , ty.

steve kerr was god-like in that mavericks game, but overall playoffs he did not do much, stephen jackson sunk ALOT of threes in every 4th quarter every step of the way

so many that every time we watch the DVD we are like holy crap he hit alot of 3's for us in the 4th

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Stats were ugly in all the playoff games the Pacers played. He had to ball hog because the team had nowhere to go with no Artest, and at times he did bail them out, and he lead the team in ppg in the playoffs.

And I think I'd be willing to bench Bowen, or atleast try that, if not bench.

And yeah I'll defend him as a clutch shooter in spite of his record in the playoffs...when he's with the Spurs.

How can he be a clutch shooter if he doesn't come through in the clutch when he's needed?

So you're saying he's clutch only when playing for the Spurs based on that one trick pony series. You know he also missed a lot that series and as some have pointed out, his turnovers put us in a hole to begin with.

His career playoff 3pt. average is .33% and with SA in 2003 it was .32%.

The guy you want him to replace in the starting lineup, Bowen, shot 38%
on FGs and a stunning .448% on 3PTs in the Championship when HIS nuts were on the line. And Bowen TO was .65%

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
How can he be a clutch shooter if he doesn't come through in the clutch when he's needed?

So you're saying he's clutch only when playing for the Spurs based on that one trick pony series. You know he also missed a lot that series and as some have pointed out, his turnovers put us in a hole to begin with.

His career playoff 3pt. average is .33% and with SA in 2003 it was .32%.

The guy you want him to replace in the starting lineup, Bowen, shot 38%
on FGs and a stunning .448% on 3PTs in the Championship when HIS nuts were on the line. And Bowen TO was .65%

He was definately clutch for us in 2003, so I don't care how he's handled in other teams...without him we probably don't win the championship that year, and for that I'd want him on the Spurs again.

Don't talk about turnovers, we have alot of those machines in the team already.

Bowen shoots 38% from the field and that's good?

Yeah, obviously he's gonna have a good percentage from the arc, because that's only offense, he has to be good at it in order to be a starter.

Let's just say we get more ft %, 1 more offensive threat, and more role players open.

I'll take that.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 02:30 PM
If not for Jack the Spurs would've faced a Game 7 in the 2003 WCF. Ditto for the 2003 NBA Finals.

Fuck all of you Spurs fans who love to dump on guys who helped this team win championships just because they aren't Spurs anymore. Fuck it, some of you do it even when they are still Spurs.

boutons
07-21-2005, 02:35 PM
"a Game 7 in the 2003 WCF"

?? Steve Kerr hit 4 3Gs in the 4th qtr to win Game6, not SJax. If SJax did anything in the 4th qtr, it was not as decisive as Steve's 4 3Gs.

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Don't talk about turnovers, we have alot of those machines in the team already.
Bowen shoots 38% from the field and that's good?

Yeah, obviously he's gonna have a good percentage from the arc, because that's only offense, he has to be good at it in order to be a starter.

Let's just say we get more ft %, 1 more offensive threat, and more role players open.

I'll take that.

Re turnovers: Exactly my point. We don't need the JAX turnover machine on top of what we have.

Re: Bowen shooting 38%. Unfortunately for your argument, Bowen's percentage is better than JAX which proves my point. Facts are stubborn things which can't be waved away.

Re: Bowen as starter because he's good on offense. --Actually he starts because he's the best defender in the league. Do you ever watch these games?

I'll give you the free throw percentage. JAX IS better. But more role players open? What does it matter if he won't pass the ball?

I simply don't understand the JAC cult. One good game (which is arguable) in the face of a lot of contradictory facts and stats, and you want to canonize this guy as ST. JAX forever. Well, the premise of this thread is that we might trade for him. For all the above reasons, We won't.

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I simply don't understand. One good game (which is arguable) in the face of a lot of contradictory facts and stats, and you want to canonize this guy as ST. JAX forever. Well, the premise of this thread is that we might trade for him. For all the above reasons, We won't.

I noticed you didn't read any of my previous posts..

I also don't think we are getting him back, idiot...but I don't think we aren't getting him back because he "sucks" in your words basically... we aren't getting him back because the Pacers know they can't afford to lose such a good acquisition.

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I noticed you didn't read any of my previous posts..

I also don't think we are getting him back, idiot...but I don't think we aren't getting him back because he "sucks" in your words basically... we aren't getting him back because the Pacers know they can't afford to lose such a good acquisition.

I answered all your points, but had to go back and edit and your post intervened in the interim. Please see above.

I'm not sure I've ever said JAX sucks, but he's not good enough to start for this team. So there are no compelling basketball reasons to bring him back in any conceivable trade that would appeal to the Spurs, Indiana, or JAX himself.

If you want to warm yourself in the glow of a mythical game some years ago, then have at it, (Name calling would appear here, but I don't need to stoop to it)

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Re turnovers: Exactly my point. We don't need the JAX turnover machine on top of what we have.

Re: Bowen shooting 38%. Unfortunately for your argument, Bowen's percentage is better than JAX which proves my point. Facts are stubborn things which can't be waved away.

Re: Bowen as starter because he's good on offense. --Actually he starts because he's the best defender in the league. Do you ever watch these games?

I'll give you the free throw percentage. JAX IS better. But more role players open? What does it matter if he won't pass the ball?

I simply don't understand the JAC cult. One good game (which is arguable) in the face of a lot of contradictory facts and stats, and you want to canonize this guy as ST. JAX forever. Well, the premise of this thread is that we might trade for him. For all the above reasons, We won't.

Jackson changed alot since he left SA, what makes you think he will ballhog, commit turnovers, and have a bad shooting percentage under Pop?

Do you ever watch this team? [/sarcasm]

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
You mean avatar?

Spurschick made it for meh... :D

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 04:08 PM
"a Game 7 in the 2003 WCF"

?? Steve Kerr hit 4 3Gs in the 4th qtr to win Game6, not SJax. If SJax did anything in the 4th qtr, it was not as decisive as Steve's 4 3Gs.

Did you not watch the game? Jack led the charge back when the Spurs were down by 15. He scored something like 12 points in a run that gave the Spurs the lead.

50 cent
07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
I really wish it would happen, but I doubt it ever will. SJax was/is one of my favorite players.

boutons
07-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Steve's 4 3's in 4th qtr mean than SJax, whatever he did in 4th qtr, was not the only reason, or even main reason, Spus won game6. Steve's contribution was the dominant, and memorable, contribution.

When Manu came back from his injury in Feb, it was SJax who was continuing to start, but it Manu who was very often closing with SJax sitting.

SJax would not start on the Spurs today, and he would make a minor contribution from the bench. He's emotionally, intellectually (see his DET brawl comments), and, above all, basketball-y, stupid.

50 cent
07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
He would be the perfect replacement for Bowen after this coming year. Without SJax's bombs in Game 6 of the WCF, Kerr's heroics would not have even been possible.

goliath
07-21-2005, 06:41 PM
SJax's contribution in game 6 of the 03 WCF has sadly been forgotten and overshadowed by Kerr.

We were down what, by 15?

It was Sjax that brought us back. I believe when Kerr started hitting the threes, Sjax had almost single-handedly brought us back to like a 3 point deficit from 15 down.

Personally I would take Sjax back in a heartbeat. Hes one of the few Spurs that have left after FA that I actuallt still miss.