PDA

View Full Version : Trade Target: Rashard Lewis

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_rashard_lewis.jpghttp://www.nba.com/sonics/images/sonics_logo.gif

Rashard Lewis | 7
Position: F
Born: Aug 8, 1979
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 215 lbs. / 97,5 kg.
High School : Alief Elsik HS (TX) '98

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rashard_lewis/index.html)

Perhaps the Spurs can catch the Sonics' front office napping. After the summer the Sonics have enjoyed so far, that might not be far-fetched. If they commit to a large deal to retain Radmanovic then they will have an awful lot committed to one position.

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 10:33 PM
How could Seattle trade him if they were napping? Is that the same as sleepwalking? They accidentally sign the papers or something?

Duncanoypi
07-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Trade Rasho/Nazr + picks for Rashard...

Wow...Shard is one of my favorite player!

timvp
07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Radmanovic has said that he won't re-sign unless he's guaranteed a starting job. Perhaps if the Sonics want to make room for that starting job, the Spurs could help them out.

:smokin

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:44 PM
The Sonics just lost their starting center. Granted, that's not saying much, but there does seem to be a need. They drafted Petro but when can they expect him to contribute?

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Petro is having a really hard time, even in summer league. I don't think they can go into the season with Robert Swift and Petro as their bigs.

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Sonics would definitely be in the market for a center but have nothing the Spurs could use. They'll likely head into the season with Przybilla and platoon with the other undersized PFs they have. They did that last year anyway, with a generally ineffective Jerome James, who played all of 16.4 minutes a game.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:53 PM
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/templates/as-tv-static-anim-01.GIF

...Przybilla...

Wrong NW NBA team.

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Whoops, you're right. I amend my point: they'll platoon with Collison, Evans, and so on, provided resigns (of Evans, I think). Their offense doesn't need big, tall centers, just mobile offensive rebounders.

They're in trouble next year, though, and I think they know they're taking a step back. And I still don't see them having anything for the Spurs to trade for.

DON VITO
07-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Be fucking realistic Bro. It aint happening.

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Be fucking realistic Bro. It aint happening.
hey, GIG changed his name.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Sonics would definitely be in the market for a center but have nothing the Spurs could use.

Yeah, no long SFs at all. Sincerely, Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic.

Horry For 3!
07-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Petro is having a really hard time, even in summer league. I don't think they can go into the season with Robert Swift and Petro as their bigs.
What about Nick Collison as the C? He did a pretty decent job against the Spurs in the playoffs.

slayermin
07-21-2005, 02:48 AM
What about Nick Collison as the C? He did a pretty decent job against the Spurs in the playoffs.

Yeah, I could see that. I like Collison's toughness. Kinda like a less bulkier, more athletic Mark Madsen.

Horry For 3!
07-21-2005, 02:55 AM
He was bad ass at Kansas. Last year was basically his rookie year because the year before last he was injured all year.

Duncanoypi
07-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Lewis will win 6th man of the year if he will come to spurs...

imagine...

C-Nazr/Oberto
PF-Duncan/Horry
SF-Bowen/Rashard/Bigdog
SG-Manu/Barry/Brown
PG-Parker/Udrih

This is the best all-time spurs line-up

TheTruth
07-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Lewis will win 6th man of the year if he will come to spurs...

imagine...

C-Nazr/Oberto
PF-Duncan/Horry
SF-Bowen/Rashard/Bigdog
SG-Manu/Barry/Brown
PG-Parker/Udrih

This is the best all-time spurs line-up
That would be awesome, but I don't think there is any chance rashard lewis is coming to S.A.

DesiSpur_21
07-21-2005, 03:16 AM
It's not gonna happen, but this is the best trade that's been discussed so far, imo.

xcoriate
07-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Nick Collison is all of 6'7 it would be like playing Malik at C, oh shit we did that.

Some even thought it was a good move :rolleyes

texbumTHElife
07-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Wow, someone needs to fix the leak in the nitrous tank.... this place is just getting sillier by the day!

Streakyshooter08
07-21-2005, 04:04 AM
I don't think there is any chance to get him unless you trade Gino or Parker. They won't give away their 2nd best player for Rasho...

texbumTHElife
07-21-2005, 04:10 AM
I think Radmonovich in a sign and trade is a much more realistic proposition when it comes to the Sonics. With his offensive game he could really add another dimension to this team. Rashard Lewis is a very talented player no doubt but the kid just looks like he doesnt even care about the game 90% of the time. It has driven me crazy every since he started to break through.

DesiSpur_21
07-21-2005, 04:15 AM
I think Radmonovich in a sign and trade is a much more realistic proposition when it comes to the Sonics. With his offensive game he could really add another dimension to this team. Rashard Lewis is a very talented player no doubt but the kid just looks like he doesnt even care about the game 90% of the time. It has driven me crazy every since he started to break through.

Yes but Radmon wants to start. Rashard Lewis fits well imo.

Spurologist
07-21-2005, 08:54 AM
He was bad ass at Kansas. Last year was basically his rookie year because the year before last he was injured all year.

Dude had a 20-20 game in Kansas of complete domination. He could see a lot more minutes with the weiss at the helm.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2005, 09:01 AM
He can shoot the lights out but what's the story on his defense?

Even then that's a moot question since I don't the Sonics letting him go for just a center and a pick. They might just elect to play small ball next year and put Radmon at the 4 with Collison or Evans at the center position.

Joesteds
07-21-2005, 09:11 AM
First of all, what makes you think Rashard Lewis would be happy playing behind Bruce Bowen, when he is a star in the league? What makes you think that the Sonics would be willing to trade Lewis so Radmanovic can start, eventhough Lewis is clearly the better and more stable NBA player? What makes you think the Sonics would trade one of their two best players to a competitor in their conference who they happened to lose to in the playoffs? I disagree it was a dumb trade idea. Just cause you love the Spurs does not mean that every trade is going to happen for them. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Joesteds
07-21-2005, 09:14 AM
By the way did Isiah happen to take over the Sonics cause he is the only man that would make that move.

Extra Stout
07-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Sheyitt, Seattle will let #77 walk before they give up Rashard Lewis. If we're going to discuss pipe dreams, why not start a "Trade Target: LeBron James" thread? Pop could just slip some hallucinogenic drugs into Danny Ferry's glass of wine the next time he has Danny over for dinner.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I think Seattle will probably take Vitaly back for insurance and Radman will take the qualifying offer for a year, barring some sign-and-trade for a big man -- likely not one of ours.

Joesteds
07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Sheyitt, Seattle will let #77 walk before they give up Rashard Lewis. If we're going to discuss pipe dreams, why not start a "Trade Target: LeBron James" thread? Pop could just slip some hallucinogenic drugs into Danny Ferry's glass of wine the next time he has Danny over for dinner.

HAHA agreed. That was not a good trade recommendation. I think that guy must have forgotten how good Lewis was throughout the season. Hell most people thought he was the catalyst for that team, until Ray Allen carried them in the playoffs when he went down. Dude is still young and an unbelievable talent.

Marcus Bryant
07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
HAHA agreed. That was not a good trade recommendation. I think that guy must have forgotten how good Lewis was throughout the season. Hell most people thought he was the catalyst for that team, until Ray Allen carried them in the playoffs when he went down. Dude is still young and an unbelievable talent.

Who would've thought that Seattle would let Nate get away after last season? Sure, going with Lewis over Radman would be a dumb move for Seattle, but opportunity knocks when other teams are fucking up.

wildbill2u
07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
It's not gonna happen, but this is the best trade that's been discussed so far, imo.

I remember as a kid wishing for Christmas toys that I had no chance in the world of receiving from Santa Claus. It made for some great daydreams about electric trains and Daisy Red Ryder BB guns.

But Christmas morning was always a wakeup call to reality. Why would we think that any team in the league, much less our conference, is going to trade a key or star player that will be a major help to a team that is already the World Champs? (Forget Isaiah, he's certifiable)

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Radman will take the qualifying offer for a year

Yes, he's already said that he's willing to do that. So if they don't pony up $9M/year (or whatever he wants) that's probably what is going to happen. His agent is insisting that he needs a starting spot at "starter's money".