PDA

View Full Version : RC on "The Hardline" (audio)

ace3g
08-15-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/july/audio-spurs-buford-talks-offseason-moves-more-with-the-hardline.html

Talks about AK briefly starting at 4:30, doesn't go into details about Spurs strategy and specific free agents

6:03 talks about Marco and Pendergraph

DesignatedT
08-15-2013, 04:59 PM
The obvious concern he has with Kawhi's body and injuries makes it even more puzzling how the Spurs don't have a backup SF and makes me think they eventually will have one.

Bruno
08-15-2013, 05:22 PM
So Spurs are now using the far from perfect stat of PER to sign players. :rolleyes

bigfan
08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Ok, I'm from SA (went to Holmes and UTSA) but live in DFW and have been a major Spurs fan since the early 80's. It was bad enough when I heard there was a station in SA known as "The Ticket" but now there is a program called "The Hardline" too?? That is pretty bogus since they are bigtime ripping off KTCK in Dallas that has been around forever and I believe is one of the first all sports stations in the country. What gives? Do they do Greggo drops too?

DJR210
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Ok, I'm from SA (went to Holmes and UTSA) but live in DFW and have been a major Spurs fan since the early 80's. It was bad enough when I heard there was a station in SA known as "The Ticket" but now there is a program called "The Hardline" too?? That is pretty bogus since they are bigtime ripping off KTCK in Dallas that has been around forever and I believe is one of the first all sports stations in the country. What gives? Do they do Greggo drops too?

"The Ticket" is the station, the latter is the program. Nobody gives a shit about rinky dink Dallas radio programs enough to worry about copyright infringement.

50 cent
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
"The Ticket" is the station, the latter is the program. Nobody gives a shit about rinky dink Dallas radio programs enough to worry about copyright infringement.
Rinky dink? LMAO. The Dallas Ticket has won a Marconi award. And frankly, it's the best radio station in the history of radio.

DJR210
08-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Rinky dink? LMAO. The Dallas Ticket has won a Marconi award. And frankly, it's the best radio station in the history of radio.

Calm down, I'm trolling.

td4mvp2k
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
"The Ticket" is the station, the latter is the program. Nobody gives a shit about rinky dink Dallas radio programs enough to worry about copyright infringement.:tu

Solid D
08-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol the Dallas sports talk personalities on AM 1310 and FM 103.3 are far more entertaining and creative than the SA personalities. DFW wins in that arena and it's not even close.

On the other hand, the NBA radio and TV broadcast teams are better in SA, tbh.

taps
08-16-2013, 03:41 AM

Ha, I'm not used to seeing somebody with so much hardware next to their handle getting trolled so easily.
Nice work, DJR210.

Solid D
08-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Ha, I'm not used to seeing somebody with so much hardware next to their handle getting trolled so easily.
Nice work, DJR210.

DJR210's trollful intent was fairly obvious.

bigfan's post was worthy of additional response.

bigfan
08-16-2013, 08:32 AM
While Im at it, the only thing on radio from SA ever worth a damn was Joe Anthony.

Destro
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Nice shotout from RC to 48 minutes of Hell

dbestpro
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
In years past, Spurs fans always had a quiet confidence in the front office. This year, it seems even the simple decisions are a struggle.

mountainballer
08-16-2013, 03:21 PM
well, I wasn't always confident in the FO. especially not 2006 and 07. this year I'm pretty fine. and I won't judge this year till deadline 2014. a lot can happen till then. and if they manage to turn some of the assets into a in fact helpful player, the forum will acclaim their cool and patience this summer.

T Park
08-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm waiting still, months later, on who this supposed backup small forward they are failing to sign.

withcheese
08-16-2013, 07:59 PM

No argument here, although Corby is a pussy Spurs-hating bitch, Rhyner is a geriatric senile has-been, Danny is a backwater blowhard, McDowell is a hack, Sturm actually is nothing more than the guy in the next cubicle, Donovan is a token, and Gordo's schtick is old.

Pretty much the only thing left at that station that's any good is George and Junes and Norm, but even that is enough to make it better than anything fucking San Antonio has to offer in the realm of sports talk radio.

Dro210
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I heard this live on the radio the other day. I cant believe nobody mentioned his comment about how Dwight Howard could, "maybe drive our bus", when asked what kind of offer they would have made for him. Classic.

Obstructed_View
08-18-2013, 07:34 AM
So Spurs are now using the far from perfect stat of PER to sign players. :rolleyes

But Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill had so much success doing that. Don't they have cable in France??

Bruno
08-18-2013, 10:46 AM
But Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill had so much success doing that. Don't they have cable in France??

Well, the A's have won nothing at the end but it was a fun movie.

TD 21
08-18-2013, 05:57 PM
He's just referencing PER because he knows, even with his slippage, it still flatters Ginobili and they're in damage control mode with his play this past season and his contract. If they were really using PER to sign players, then they wouldn't have signed Belinelli, who's never come close to the league average.

I believe this is the fourth time we've heard from him this off season and I've yet to hear pertinent questions asked, such as . . .

Is backup PG still an ongoing competition or is it Joseph's job to lose? If so, what have you seen from him in the past year that leads you to believe he's ready?

Are you comfortable having one true SF on the roster, especially given the two players you probably have to go through to win a championship?

Was Pendergraph brought in to be the fifth big, or does he have a legit shot at being the backup C?

Due to the amount of financial flexibility you possess compared to most years, along with the cadre of expiring contracts, does that make an in season trade more likely?

Obstructed_View
08-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Well, the A's have won nothing at the end but it was a fun movie.

Agreed. I guess I wasn't obvious enough with my sarcasm. :)

Spur|n|Austin
08-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Is backup PG still an ongoing competition or is it Joseph's job to lose? If so, what have you seen from him in the past year that leads you to believe he's ready?

Are you comfortable having one true SF on the roster, especially given the two players you probably have to go through to win a championship?

Was Pendergraph brought in to be the fifth big, or does he have a legit shot at being the backup C?

Due to the amount of financial flexibility you possess compared to most years, along with the cadre of expiring contracts, does that make an in season trade more likely?

taps
08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
DJR210's trollful intent was fairly obvious.

bigfan's post was worthy of additional response.

Fitty thanks you