PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Could they not fit "Dystopian Hellscape" on the front of the jersey?

Findog
08-15-2013, 04:44 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5516/9511696386_f471111a15.jpg

“We are pleased to unveil our new Motor City uniforms and display our pride in the metro Detroit community,” Pistons CEO Dennis Mannion said in a statement. “When you say Motor City – no matter where you are in the world – everyone knows you are talking about Detroit. We are proud to represent Detroit and hope these uniforms will serve as a source of pride for our fans and this region.”

They’re expected to wear this set 10 times during the 2013-14 season, and will debut them on Sunday, November third, against the Celtics in Detorit. According to reports, the Pistons will then wear the jerseys on eight other Sunday games plus a Friday, November 29th home game against the Lakers.

Findog
08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Actually I think these are pretty fucking cool.

lefty
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
I dig

The problem is thart they have the wrong players wearing the jersey

JamStone
08-15-2013, 04:56 PM
They're okay. I like the darker blue. The lettering of "Motor City" seems a little small because they tried to fit it all in one line across the chest. If they were going to do something different like having "Motor City" on the jersey, I would have preferred they also add something else distinctive like a big logo on the front to make it considerably different from the regular jerseys or a noticeable design change in the jersey. But the only change is "Motor City" and the darker blue. The uniform design is the same, the font/lettering is the same. Nothing really break-out or creative.

I don't hate them. But I'm not really all that excited about them either.

Findog
08-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Do they even make cars there anymore? How bout Motown instead?

whitemamba
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM
:lol american cars

monosylab1k
08-15-2013, 05:55 PM
:lol Findog still the king of awesome thread titles imho