PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Blair Takes A Shot at Pop in Dallas Intro Conference?

cd021
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/dejuan-blair-takes-swipe-at-spurs-during-press-conference.html

Via: NBA.com

"Of course I want to get back. I don't think we've (Spurs) would have came up short if I would've played but, hey, keep that out there."

I think its safe to say he won't be making it back there with Dallas

playblair
08-16-2013, 09:29 PM
popovich is illy ........................

2 critical popovich mistakes = 1. sitting duncan .................... 2. choosing splitter over blair.............................

Leetonidas
08-16-2013, 10:07 PM

2 critical popovich mistakes = 1. sitting duncan .................... 2. choosing splitter over blair.............................

faggot

Vash StampedE
08-16-2013, 10:38 PM
If he did say that, then I'll get frank with him: HE SUCKS!!!! AND FINALLY, GOOD RIDDANCE!! HATE HIS MIDGETNESS!

FvckMavs
08-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Tbh, the Spurs might not beat LAL in the first round if he played.

SpursRock20
08-16-2013, 10:57 PM

Why are you still here?

DMC
08-16-2013, 11:08 PM
The Spurs have a way of creating an illusion that sub par players are better than they really are, which these other teams seem to fall for time and again. Hell, they even fooled Blair.

cd021
08-17-2013, 12:38 AM
The Spurs have a way of creating an illusion that sub par players are better than they really are, which these other teams seem to fall for time and again. Hell, they even fooled Blair.

Roger Mason Jr. seems to be on that list. Had that crazy Season in 09' where he hit like 4 game winners. The following season, he struggled and bounced around ever since. I actually forgot he was in the NBA last season.

cd021
08-17-2013, 12:43 AM

Splitter is essentially the same player but 4 inches taller, and a much better defender. I doubt it would have done a world of difference.

Chinook
08-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Who knows? Blair probably would have been able to finish better than Splitter did. He's also a stronger rebounder. If he could get away with playing against a Heat player on defense, he may well have been an asset.

I'm sure he will continue to believe that he could have made a difference, though. Any real competitor wants to be out there when the chips are down. I bet Mills, De Colo, Baynes and even McGrady feel the same way deep down.

absoloot66
08-17-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm sure he will continue to believe that he could have made a difference, though. Any real competitor wants to be out there when the chips are down. I bet Mills, De Colo, Baynes and even McGrady feel the same way deep down.

Truth. +1

Darkwaters
08-17-2013, 03:07 AM

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/

See ya

therealtruth
08-17-2013, 05:00 AM
He might be right. I am not saying he should have played alot more but he might have helped get the rebound on those possessions Pop took TD out. He's a better rebounder than Diaw.

Strategic
08-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Who knows? Blair probably would have been able to finish better than Splitter did. He's also a stronger rebounder. If he could get away with playing against a Heat player on defense, he may well have been an asset.

I'm sure he will continue to believe that he could have made a difference, though. Any real competitor wants to be out there when the chips are down. I bet Mills, De Colo, Baynes and even McGrady feel the same way deep down.and that's why you shut up, work hard and do everything you possibly can to be that player on the court when it matters. If you don't do these things then blaming others for your failures is an easy way out for you and your bandwagoneers.

Jodelo
08-17-2013, 07:53 AM
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/

See ya

No, no, you can keep him. :toast

DMC
08-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Splitter is essentially the same player but 4 inches taller, and a much better defender. I doubt it would have done a world of difference.

Splitter isn't even close to being the same player as Blair.

Trill Clinton
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
i don't see that as a shot

Spur|n|Austin
08-17-2013, 01:38 PM

Why are you still here?

Sean Cagney
08-17-2013, 02:11 PM

I know it would not have done a world of difference.

Budkin
08-17-2013, 02:18 PM
If he was good he would have played.

Payback! :lmao

playblair
08-17-2013, 02:26 PM
If he was good he would have played.

Payback! :lmao

blair vs splitter will have the haters begging for the return of blair................................

exstatic
08-17-2013, 03:07 PM
F Blair. I hope he tears his ACLs. Both of them.

DMC
08-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Neither Blair nor Splitter are interesting enough to merit any face time tbh. The Spurs system is the superstar on that team, with the big 3 getting some honorable mentions. The league is about James vs Durant right now, and like always the Spurs are the spoilers. The side shows are CP3, Melo and Howard and whatever teams they happen to be on at the moment with, of course, the archaic duo of Pierce/Garnett bringing up the rear as a dark horse (maybe not so dark).

I'd like to have seen someone of note go to Indiana (good PG would be nice) to give Miami a bigger hurdle to jump.

KaiRMD1
08-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Will the Mavs give Blair the minutes the ol' sport feels he deserves(48 apparently)?

silverblk mystix
08-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Blair is absolutely correct.

Pop is the reason the Spurs lost the title - and all you idiots are attacking Blair - when he is giving you the goods on Pop.

How the fuck do you let Blair go and keep Bonner?

Only an idiot coach/gm would allow that and only idiot fans would support that.

Even when truth bites blind & deaf people in the ass - do blind people - miss it completely.

cd021
08-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Splitter isn't even close to being the same player as Blair.

Pick and Roll oriented "big" & good passers and good at finishing at the rim.

Same skill set is a better choice of words. Splitter is a better defender and post player. Blair a better rebounder.

TXstbobcat
08-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Blair definitely has a chip on his shoulder from not getting much playing time in his last season with the Spurs. I'm sure he wants to prove he belongs in Dallas's rotation next year.

DMC
08-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Pick and Roll oriented "big" & good passers and good at finishing at the rim.

Same skill set is a better choice of words. Splitter is a better defender and post player. Blair a better rebounder.

Blair isn't good at finishing at the rim other than dunking the basketball and an occasional flip move. Splitter can improvise and can create an opportunity beneath the rim (often unnecessarily). All decent centers can run the pick and roll, that doesn't make them similar.

DMC
08-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Blair definitely has a chip on his shoulder from not getting much playing time in his last season with the Spurs. I'm sure he wants to prove he belongs in Dallas's rotation next year.

Blair had plenty of time to prove himself. He was a starter for the best system in the league and couldn't keep the position. He did good things but he couldn't overcome his sloppy play and poor decisions. He's still stuck in college level play and other than his FT shooting, his game has actually regressed.

playblair
08-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Blair had plenty of time to prove himself. He was a starter for the best system in the league and couldn't keep the position. He did good things but he couldn't overcome his sloppy play and poor decisions. He's still stuck in college level play and other than his FT shooting, his game has actually regressed.

blair as a starter = 2 #1 seeds ................ blair replaced = 2010 suns / 2011 grizzlies .................................

weebo
08-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Lebron would've destroyed Blair.

Brunodf
08-17-2013, 06:05 PM
:rollin

DMC
08-17-2013, 06:09 PM
blair as a starter = 2 #1 seeds ................ blair replaced = 2010 suns / 2011 grizzlies .................................

Blair = benched in the playoffs for a reason.

Budkin
08-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Blair can't rebound or play defense. He doesn't belong on the Spurs.

Budkin
08-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Pop is the reason the Spurs lost the title - and all you idiots are attacking Blair - when he is giving you the goods on Pop.

Even when truth bites blind & deaf people in the ass - do blind people - miss it completely.

Blair said if he would have played we would have won. Wrong.

silverblk mystix
08-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Blair said if he would have played we would have won. Wrong.

Blair would have grabbed at least one of those rebounds if Pop hadn't gone full retard...

playblair
08-17-2013, 07:16 PM
^ word silver..................... blair wouldve dominated small ball.................. heat player defending splitter = heat win.....................

playblair
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM

PublicOption
08-17-2013, 07:43 PM
He right.

timtonymanu
08-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I would take Blair more seriously if he wasn't such an emo tweeter and actually put in the work to develop his game in the offseason.

cd021
08-17-2013, 08:17 PM

Blair was a bench player his rookie season, So that Phoenix loss really doesn't count. Blair wasn't the difference maker against Memphis, that's just silly.

cd021
08-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Blair would have grabbed at least one of those rebounds if Pop hadn't gone full retard...

So Pop should've have used Blair in Game 6 in a potential game tying possession after being out of the rotation for much of the year? He can't defend. Diaw was the right choice and at least Pop has been consistent with his coaching decision of switching in situations like that with Diaw in. Just cause he can board doesn't mean he would grab one in that possesion. Bosh is a fairly average rebounder and snatched the offensive board.

BatManu20
08-17-2013, 09:10 PM
That's not really taking a shot.. he's just speaking his mind. He's a competitor. Every competitor feels that way. And if you're mad about him saying that then kick rocks and get over it.

Venti Quattro
08-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Finally a shot from Blair that's not a Burger Shot.

Budkin
08-17-2013, 11:15 PM

He meant throughout the series. But he was a shit rebounder so I doubt it on that play.

MackAttack003
08-18-2013, 11:14 AM
that's a reach to call that a shot at Pop. he's at his "Intro News Conference", greeting his new team, new fans, new city. what's he suppose to say, "yeah, my former team lot in the Finals, and even if I had played, we still woulda lost. boy, that LeBron is a something else. But I'll try real hard here, even though we won't be anywhere near the Finals". that wasn't a shot at Pop. I know it's the offseason, but go fishing somewhere else. nothing here.

SpurAddict561
08-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Blair is a decent PLAYER, terrible BIG. Spurs are much like the Patriots, in the sense, it's all about THE SYSTEM.

Look at Matt Cassel, Brady goes down game one of season, insert Cassel and they still win 10 games. Now look at Cassel outside the system, he's terrible. My point here is Blair is about to be building sand Cassels in Dallas.

davidbowie
08-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Pop hated on Blair cuz he was "too black" for him. He likes a button down keep your mouth shut kind of player duncan Robinson Avery Etc

He can't handle true street trill non corn ball brothers like stak5 and d Blair

Biernutz
08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
:lmao

weeks
08-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Blair is a decent PLAYER, terrible BIG. Spurs are much like the Patriots, in the sense, it's all about THE SYSTEM.

Look at Matt Cassel, Brady goes down game one of season, insert Cassel and they still win 10 games. Now look at Cassel outside the system, he's terrible. My point here is Blair is about to be building sand Cassels in Dallas.
:lol nice

CitizenDwayne
08-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Pop hated on Blair cuz he was "too black" for him. He likes a button down keep your mouth shut kind of player duncan Robinson Avery Etc

He can't handle true street trill non corn ball brothers like stak5 and d Blair

Avery's a "keep your mouth shut" kinda guy? Really?

Brazil
08-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Blair is the only one to blame to not have played.

he should just sftu

ohmwrecker
08-19-2013, 10:58 AM
There are 2 double page threads on the same topic on the front page. I know it's summah, but goddamn moderators . . .

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221278&page=2&p=6806533#post6806533

Humberto
08-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Blair could have contributed at least 8 pump fakes a game for us in the finals, tbh
Can't wait for the first Spurs/Mavs game and watch Blair try to dominate. Pump fakes and floaters a plenty.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20Situation/Try%20To%20Help%20Opponent/091204.gif

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5108/5596198434_e6cfe0542d.jpg

SenorSpur
08-19-2013, 12:45 PM

Now therein lies the question of the day. :tu

I'm in total agreement that Blair, with his limitations, had outlived his usefulness and there was no place for him on this roster. The exact same thing can be said about Bonner. After all both players have extreme liabilities, who cannot matchup with anyone. In Bonner's case especially, the deeper the Spurs went into the playoffs the more useless he became. Of course, Blair wasn't playing at all.

edmon
08-19-2013, 03:54 PM
that's a reach to call that a shot at Pop. he's at his "Intro News Conference", greeting his new team, new fans, new city. what's he suppose to say, "yeah, my former team lot in the Finals, and even if I had played, we still woulda lost. boy, that LeBron is a something else. But I'll try real hard here, even though we won't be anywhere near the Finals". that wasn't a shot at Pop. I know it's the offseason, but go fishing somewhere else. nothing here.

Either act like an idiot or find another forum. If you keep making sense the few posters that actually understand what you say will burn you at the stake.:toast

blah blah blah
08-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Will the Mavs give Blair the minutes the ol' sport feels he deserves(48 apparently)?

This schtick needs to die already

PlayNando
08-19-2013, 06:31 PM
fk this clown per par tbh

Viva Las Espuelas
08-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Just pass the ball to Dirk, you dumb jackass.

TheGreatYacht
08-19-2013, 09:23 PM
I wish very best for Dejuan Blair. That's right; don't listen to these losers celebrating as if you were some scrub.

Unfortunately he was not gifted with a few inches of height because I honestly think that his short height makes him a bad defender by default given his position. I'll always have good memories of Blair including his run with Team USA in training camp, his rookie/sophomore all-star games, and the Spurs also had the best record in the NBA for two years in a row (2011, 2012) with Blair in the starting lineup I believe.

Good bye Dejuan. You will be missed. I hope Dejuan has a successful and healthy career.

:lmao @ all these haters that regurgitate everything Pop and the FO does. Just because Pop had him in the dog house, these Popsuckers automatically assume that Blair is a scrub. SMH.

Even when truth bites blind & deaf people in the ass - do blind people - miss it completely.http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=eTD2r8TCypOAzM&tbnid=XRBjDVuS8iaWqM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Flists%2F3086 8d6681%2Fgif-guide-clapping&ei=jtMSUpfQC6a42wXbzIDgDw&psig=AFQjCNGzqQ8Y1AYsxbVnIa5rBdyf9Dhyig&ust=1377051918280647)
LMAO @ all the Popsuckers getting offended by Dejuan Blair's words. He is obviously correct. Despite his short stature, Dejuan Blair is actually a better finisher at the rim than Tiago Splitter. Blair is also a better rebounder than Splitter.

Splitter is more effective against taller big men on the defensive end but with the Heat having a bunch of midgets in their frontline there is no doubt in my mind that if Dejuan Blair had played against the Heat, he would have done better than Tiago Splitter.

I hope that Blair has a lot of success with the Mavericks. I hope he has some good games against us (with the Spurs still winning the game of course) just so that he can irritate all the Popsuckers.

Axegrinder
08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
LMAO @ all the Popsuckers getting offended by Dejuan Blair's words. He is obviously correct. Despite his short stature, Dejuan Blair is actually a better finisher at the rim than Tiago Splitter. Blair is also a better rebounder than Splitter.

Splitter is more effective against taller big men on the defensive end but with the Heat having a bunch of midgets in their frontline there is no doubt in my mind that if Dejuan Blair had played against the Heat, he would have done better than Tiago Splitter.

I hope that Blair has a lot of success with the Mavericks. I hope he has some good games against us (with the Spurs still winning the game of course) just so that he can irritate all the Popsuckers. Doesnt all this make you a Blairsucker?

anakha
08-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Despite his short stature, Dejuan Blair is actually a better finisher at the rim than Tiago Splitter.

By what metric? These (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Tiago%20Splitter) stats (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=DeJuan%20Blair) show that Splitter has a higher FG% at the rim the Blair in each of Splitter's 3 seasons.

Blair is also a better rebounder than Splitter.

Again, by what metric? Using per 36 total rebounding averages, their numbers over the past two seasons are practically the (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01.html) same (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/splitti01.html).

pgardn
08-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Yeah and he would have given uo 15 layups before we even got to that point retard.

anakha
08-20-2013, 05:09 PM
So TGY has no evidence backing up his assertion that Blair is the better finisher and rebounder.

Why am I not surprised?

Budkin
08-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Blair is a horrible rebounder. Saying otherwise is just wrong.

playblair
08-20-2013, 05:40 PM
...............@ a horrible rebounder with multiple 20 rebound games & the rookie/sophomore game rebound record........................................

silverblk mystix
08-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Blair is a horrible rebounder. Saying otherwise is just wrong.

Have you checked your eyesight lately?

How blind can a person be -seriously.

Blair is a great rebounder.

Sean Cagney
08-20-2013, 06:21 PM
...............@ a horrible rebounder with multiple 20 rebound games & the rookie/sophomore game rebound record........................................

A Blair fan in here when he is in Dallas now and a Milwaukee fan? Do you visit Dallas boards to tout this guy now?

Budkin
08-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Blair sucked. If he didn't he would have played. The end.

Budkin
08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Have you checked your eyesight lately?

How blind can a person be -seriously.

Blair is a great rebounder.

What, in garbage time against scrubs?

silverblk mystix
08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
What, in garbage time against scrubs?

Do you have vision included in your health plan?

Use it.

ace3g
08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Never developed reliable jumper, with his size (or lack there of) would have helped open his game up. Rushed too much on the offensive end, rarely used the power dribble move which he had great success with.

anakha
08-20-2013, 08:42 PM
I fucking knew it. :lmao

Well Manu and Pop were mostly responsible in Game 6 for costing Timmy his 5th ring. How do you expect me to feel? I'm sorry that I'm not a Popsucker or Manutard.

I can only use regular season comparisons and based on those stats, their numbers are very similar. Pop always made sure that Blair got taken off the rotation come playoff time. Blair would not have gotten his shot blocked by Mike Miller and Norris Cole. Blair would have probably averaged more rebounds against the Heat. Too bad Pop never gave him an opportunity in the playoffs since last year. There was obviously something personal going on between those two but you Popsuckers fail to see such things and rather just label Blair as a "scrub" just because you'll swallow everything Pop and the FO do :lol.

Go back to your whining and complaining. That's the only thing you can do without getting smacked down like the little bitch you are.

cd021
08-20-2013, 09:06 PM

2 20 rebound games his rookie season, none his next 3 seasons. The Rookie/ Sophomore isn't really a game. You won't see Faried drilling 3 or 4 threes or Shved trying to throw down reverse windmills while teammates and opponents watch.

Budkin
08-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Do you have vision included in your health plan?

Use it.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/4/14/2947420/spurs-dejuan-blair-boris-diaw-tiago-splitter-tim-duncan

DeJuan's a rebounding specialist that doesn't rebound well on defense: the team gets a bigger share of defensive boards with DeJuan off the court (74.9%) than on (72.9%). As Bushka pointed out, Blair's rebounding numbers have fallen off the cliff. After being as good as advertised his first season and putting up elite numbers, DeJuan is now 3rd in total rebound percentage on the team and 5th in defensive rebound percentage behind Duncan, Splitter, Bonner and even small forward Kawhi Leonard. If I included Stephen Jackson (not enough minutes to provide a reliable sample), he would be sixth!. For a guy that is supposed to be earning playing time on his rebounding prowess, that's unacceptable.

KaiRMD1
08-21-2013, 02:39 AM
This schtick needs to die already

Was it something I said ol' sport?

ace3g
08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Mavs owner Mark Cuban already feels a sense of determination in Blair.

“DeJuan already knows when we’re playing the Spurs,” Cuban said. “We already know what DeJuan is going to do to the Spurs. It’s going to be a beautiful thing.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4697353/motivated-blair-expects-to-be-difference-maker

loveforthegame
08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
:lol

playblair
08-21-2013, 01:15 PM
:wakeup