PDA

View Full Version : did monkeyball kill kevin kolb's career?

Trill Clinton
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
First vick ran him out of town and now it looks like the premier rookie monkeyballer, ej 'the future' manuel is about to run him out of town lol damn.

Chief Brody
08-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Kolb killed Kolb's career, w/ an assist from monkeyball. Tuel is better than him too.

JMarkJohns
08-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Plus he was running with the ball when a DE tackled the shot out of him last season to end his season.

Trill Clinton
08-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Its hard when you have a decent monkeyballer and you're trying to beat him out because the team and the fans rally behind the electrifying and charismatic black qb.

Bill_Brasky
08-16-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Kevin Kolb is terrible.

Chief Brody
08-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Trill, jump on the Bills' bandwagon...the future looks good. E.J. Manuel through 2 preseason games: 26-of-33 (78.8%) for 199 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. 4 runs for 29 yards.

Kolb is a known quantity and is merely serviceable on his best days. EJ has a ton of potential and I hope the CS opens up the playbook for him next week--dude has a live arm and would like to see them show it off on a couple deep bombs to Goodwin, Woods, et al. Stevie in the slot, and CJ in the backfield:drool:

Trill Clinton
08-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Kevin Kolb is terrible.

word but it wasn't too long ago when people were saying he deserved to start over vick lol.

Trill, jump on the Bills' bandwagon...the future looks good. E.J. Manuel through 2 preseason games: 26-of-33 (78.8%) for 199 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. 4 runs for 29 yards.

Kolb is a known quantity and is merely serviceable on his best days. EJ has a ton of potential and I hope the CS opens up the playbook for him next week--dude has a live arm and would like to see them show it off on a couple deep bombs to Goodwin, Woods, et al. Stevie in the slot, and CJ in the backfield:drool:

yea man i'm a huge marquise goodwin fan from following UT (i'm a t-shirt UT fan) i'm a big fan of spiller and EJ of course. its a young, fast exciting team and i think they'll respond to EJ because of his confidence and swag. i'm biased to black qb led teams so this will be the first time i actually watch bills games since thurman thomas and jim kelly.

Chief Brody
08-17-2013, 12:22 AM
word but it wasn't too long ago when people were saying he deserved to start over vick lol.

yea man i'm a huge marquise goodwin fan from following UT (i'm a t-shirt UT fan) i'm a big fan of spiller and EJ of course. its a young, fast exciting team and i think they'll respond to EJ because of his confidence and swag. i'm biased to black qb led teams so this will be the first time i actually watch bills games since thurman thomas and jim kelly.
No worries. Concidentally it'll be the first time NFL Football's been played in Buffalo since Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly.

Lincoln
08-17-2013, 12:41 AM
26 completions for only 199 yards? Haven't watched the games but that seems very low, is he just dumping it off?

Chief Brody
08-17-2013, 12:53 AM
26 completions for only 199 yards? Haven't watched the games but that seems very low, is he just dumping it off?
It's been primarily 3-step drops, quick slants, and screens to start. The coaches wanted to get a feel how he runs their new uptempo offense (as well as the faster NH version). Marrone said in his postgame presser that he wanted to take a couple deep shots but Minny's Safety's were lined up deep on the hashes throughout the game. There's no question he's had great command of the system so far--and the offense looks fluid with him at the helm--but we won't know for sure until they let him airmail it...hopefully next week, cause he's got the arm for it.

Chinook
08-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Yeah, not a fan of Kolb. If a player isn't good enough to beat out a monkey-baller (especially after being in the league as long as Kolb has and being handed the starting job three different times), then he doesn't deserve to have a career. It's like saying the wildcat killed Henne's career.

Michael Jordan.
08-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Kolb sucked ever since his U of H days.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I've never heard of monkeyball. Sounds racist as hell though.

Lincoln
08-17-2013, 08:42 AM

It's when n!gger quarterbacks run around like tribal African spearchuckers and use their run first instincts rather than intellectually breaking down the play and finding a soft spot in the defense to pass into like a white man would (Brady etc)

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 09:03 AM
It's when n!gger quarterbacks run around like tribal African spearchuckers and use their run first instincts rather than intellectually breaking down the play and finding a soft spot in the defense to pass into like a white man would (Brady etc)

lol. Well then I'm sure glad our black QB of the Seahawks plays "whiteyball".

Trill Clinton
08-17-2013, 12:13 PM
lol. Well then I'm sure glad our black QB of the Seahawks plays "whiteyball".

naw russy too cold is a new age monkeyballer. last year we saw a new evolution of monkeyballing. if you have a mobile and evasive qb, he's a monkeyballer. the league is slowly changing before our eyes into a black qb league and that just offers us a more exciting and athletic brand of football.

Lincoln
08-17-2013, 12:42 PM
naw russy too cold is a new age monkeyballer. last year we saw a new evolution of monkeyballing. if you have a mobile and evasive qb, he's a monkeyballer. the league is slowly changing before our eyes into a black qb league and that just offers us a more exciting and athletic brand of football.

Who's the best monkeyballer tbh

J.T.
08-17-2013, 01:03 PM
If you can't keep a starting job with the Arizona Cardinals, you're probably not a good quarterback.

Chinook
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Probably Rogers, although he's stopped running as much as he used to.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 01:24 PM

When I say Russel is playing whiteyball, I'm referring to cerebral aspect of the QB position.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/thtiptoeso8dd1.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/thtiptoeso8dd1.gif.html)

Trill Clinton
08-17-2013, 01:35 PM

The reigning ROY, rg3.

Trill Clinton
08-17-2013, 01:40 PM
When I say Russel is playing whiteyball, I'm referring to cerebral aspect of the QB position.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/thtiptoeso8dd1.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/thtiptoeso8dd1.gif.html)

Whitey ball is boring. Aaron Rodgers is the best example of the rare mix of whitey and monkey qualities. Manziel is the next hybrid but right now he's all monkey.

TheCultOfPersonality
08-17-2013, 01:57 PM
did monkeyball kill kevin kolb's career? (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221282&p=6805205)No. Kolb sucking in Philly and in Arizona killed his career. I never got why the guy got so much hype when he was traded to Arizona when he was never good to began. Also Vick was better throwing from the pocket than Kolb. Nothing to do with 'monkeyball' at all.

boobie4three
08-17-2013, 02:05 PM
No. Kolb sucking in Philly and in Arizona. I never got why the guy got so much hype when he was traded to Arizona when he was never good to began. Also Vick was better throwing from the pocket than Kolb. Nothing to do with 'monkeyball' at all.

Kolb's claim to fame was that he could hunt wild hogs with just a knife back in Texas, or some shit like that.

Lincoln
08-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Whitey ball is boring. Aaron Rodgers is the best example of the rare mix of whitey and monkey qualities. Manziel is the next hybrid but right now he's all monkey.

Manziel blows tbh, reminds me of a Vick but worse passing skills. He runs like Vick as well.

Trill Clinton
08-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Manziel blows tbh, reminds me of a Vick but worse passing skills. He runs like Vick as well.

Damn he's that bad? I only saw his highlights and they were all pure monkeyballing.

Darth_Pelican
08-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Just announced that Manuel will miss the remainder of preseason beacuse he needs "minor knee surgery". I wonder if this means Kolb will be starting opening day. Sorry DD, not a good sign that a future monkeyballer is already having knee surgery at such a young age.

Creepn
08-18-2013, 01:01 AM

It is. Just white people's butt hurt way of trying to demean their athleticism because they can't stop it. DD's butt hurt over it last season still makes me laugh.

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-18-2013, 03:02 AM
It is. Just white people's butt hurt way of trying to demean their athleticism because they can't stop it. DD's butt hurt over it last season still makes me laugh.

Why the fuck would you think that any white person on the planet would be butthurt about a brand of football that has never won a championship and never will?
Wow, so that is what monkeyball supporters have been reduced to? Cheering for something that never produces the ultimate goal? Sad. Fucking sad and pathetic how low your standards are. Oh well, at least you have your Sportscenter highlights about how great RG3 and Cam Newton are. At the end of the day, as always, real pocket passing QB's will be celebrating with the Lombardi. Yeah, go ahead and play the race card. Like black or white has ANYTHING to do with the RIGHT PROVEN SUCCESSFUL way to win championships. Stupid, so fucking stupid. Makes me fucking sick how fucked up people's mindsets are. If they "can't stop it", then why the FUCK didn't it win the fucking Super Bowl. Jesus fucking Christ.

Raven
08-18-2013, 03:43 AM
what a jinx :lol

DPG21920
11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Circle of life?