PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Nick Young: "Jordan Farmar and I Will Wreck Shop This Season"

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Youth, speed, they both can get to the rack, dunk and very good outside shooters...we need a nick name for these guys....

Young, who grew up in Los Angeles and played at Cleveland High in Reseda, Calif. and at USC, is no stranger to having people doubt him but didn’t think that would be the case after joining Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant), Pau Gasol (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol) and Steve Nash (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/592/steve-nash) with the Lakers.

“I’ve been the underdog for so long,” Young said. “I’m upset and ready for the season. How are you going to be ranked that low with Kobe and Pau and Nash? There’s always going to be haters and we just have to keep proving them wrong.”

As much as Young is looking forward to playing alongside three future hall of fame players this season, he’s just as excited about re-uniting with his longtime friend Jordan Farmar (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3002/jordan-farmar). Farmar, who went to Taft High in Woodland Hills, Calif., tried to recruit his travel-ball teammate to UCLA with him in 2004 but was unsuccessful. The two have finally connected nearly a decade later back home with their favorite NBA team growing up.

“I talked to Jordan Farmar about that,” Young said. “We talked about it on the phone. We sat down and talked and then texted and called. This was a chance for us to really do something special and make that name we’ve wanted to make in the league. I grew up being a big-time Kobe fan and before him it was Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones and before that that it was Magic and Kareem. I grew up with the Forum. I’m from L.A. To play for the Lakers after growing up and watching them is amazing.”

Venti Quattro
08-18-2013, 10:26 AM
:tu Ear Jordan
:tu Young Money

irishock
08-18-2013, 10:33 AM
but what about the savior steve blake?

Venti Quattro
08-18-2013, 10:38 AM
but what about the savior steve blake?

He'll be there when the Lakers need some saving. Otherwise, Young and Farmar are gonna crack the opponents' skulls wide open.

Bynumite
08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
SwaggyP

RsxPiimp
08-18-2013, 10:54 AM
is blake expiring? i can see him becoming a trade chip. no way farmar signs with the lakers leaving all that $$$ in turkey just so he can ride the pine with the lakers. him and nash will play majority of the minutes at pg and either blake will be traded or d'antoni will insert him as a 2.

Venti Quattro
08-18-2013, 11:02 AM
is blake expiring? i can see him becoming a trade chip. no way farmar signs with the lakers leaving all that $$$ in turkey just so he can ride the pine with the lakers. him and nash will play majority of the minutes at pg and either blake will be traded or d'antoni will insert him as a 2.

You'd have to be an incredibly dumb trade partner to take Steve Blake unless you're getting more in return.

RsxPiimp
08-18-2013, 11:16 AM
there's a lot of dumb gm's out there, so its a possiblity :lol

RsxPiimp
08-18-2013, 11:17 AM
yeah. he's expiring all right. won't be surprised if mitch swings a deal including blake. they're due for one more trade before the season starts imo.

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:19 AM
You'd have to be an incredibly dumb trade partner to take Steve Blake unless you're getting more in return.

^ based on what....nothing but upside in a potential trade for Blake...soon expiring plus he's very serviceable...

RD2191
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
:lmao

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:23 AM
yeah. he's expiring all right. won't be surprised if mitch swings a deal including blake. they're due for one more trade before the season starts imo.

If the Suns cut Beasley and we pick him up...I'd then find a way to get rid if Blake for another Big...like Odom...if not then keep Blake and add Odom to round out the season tbh..but the bench predicted below would be crazy good...

Beasley
Blake
Farmar
Wesley Johnson
Jordan Hill

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:24 AM
ohh I forgot about Jodie Meeks on the bench

Jodelo
08-18-2013, 11:27 AM
If the Suns cut Beasley and we pick him up...I'd then find a way to get rid if Blake for another Big...like Odom...if not then keep Blake and add Odom to round out the season tbh..but the bench predicted below would be crazy good...

Beasley
Blake
Farmar
Wesley Johnson
Jordan Hill

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:33 AM

everybody and they mama already know the Spurs won't be going back to the finals..they were gifted one last final appearance due to all the major injuries in the West and they went out and promptly layed 6 eggs...:lol

to add insult to injury they showed all teams the blue print for beating them....which is crowd Danny Green so he can't get a single shot off and then double Kewhai Leonard...Duncan and Ginobelly will end up wetting the bed...Parker will get his but you can live with that...the Spurs did more damage than good by going to the finals this past season :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:34 AM

if we add Beasley and keep Blake we'd have pretty much the best bench in the league...

RD2191
08-18-2013, 11:40 AM
everybody and they mama already know the Spurs won't be going back to the finals..they were gifted one last final appearance due to all the major injuries in the West and they went out and promptly layed 6 eggs...:lol

to add insult to injury they showed all teams the blue print for beating them....which is crowd Danny Green so he can't get a single shot off and then double Kewhai Leonard...Duncan and Ginobelly will end up wetting the bed...Parker will get his but you can live with that...the Spurs did more damage than good by going to the finals this past season :lol
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:41 AM
people easily forget how we got the 7th seed with KEY injuries to Blake, Nash, Pau, Dwight, Jordan Hill (who was out for the season), and finally Kobe....Minus all those injuries and 3 coaching changes we easily get one of the top 3 seeds in the West last year...

Fact is Dwight contributed very little for us last season due to injury...So I fully expect our play (especially pick and roll) to be much improved and well executed by Pau now that Dwight's gone...

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:43 AM

^ so you're stealing my old lines now...because everyone knows Mexican's know nothing about life outside of Mexico and San Antonio

AchillesHeel
08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Young is good for maybe 15-18 ppg on 42-45% shooting, Farmer is a decent 3pt shooter that can also finish on the break, both guys combined give you about 25-30 points a game in the MDA offense, but they'll also allow as much if not more on the other end.

Their offense will be good, but defense will be ranked 20-30th in the league, thus making Lakers an 8-12 seed team, if things go well and they have half as many injuries as they did last season, they'll be 1-2 games in/out of the playoffs, that's a 1st round sweep/late-lottery pick at best.

Jodelo
08-18-2013, 11:45 AM
if we add Beasley and keep Blake we'd have pretty much the best bench in the league...

RD2191
08-18-2013, 11:45 AM
people easily forget how we got the 7th seed with KEY injuries to Blake, Nash, Pau, Dwight, Jordan Hill (who was out for the season), and finally Kobe....Minus all those injuries and 3 coaching changes we easily get one of the top 3 seeds in the West last year...

Fact is Dwight contributed very little for us last season due to injury...So I fully expect our play (especially pick and roll) to be much improved and well executed by Pau now that Dwight's gone...

RD2191
08-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Guess we wont have to wait too long to find out, 2nd game of the season, clown.

AchillesHeel
08-18-2013, 11:49 AM

Kobe played like 78 games last season, Dwight played 78 games last season, Pau and Nash missed about 30 each but Earl Clark stepped up in a big way mid-season, Steve Blake played like prime MJ in the last 2 games to lead HIS team to the playoffs, where injuries cut his HOF-caliber run short.

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Young is good for maybe 15-18 ppg on 42-45% shooting, Farmer is a decent 3pt shooter that can also finish on the break, both guys combined give you about 25-30 points a game in the MDA offense, but they'll also allow as much if not more on the other end.

Their offense will be good, but defense will be ranked 20-30th in the league, thus making Lakers an 8-12 seed team, if things go well and they have half as many injuries as they did last season, they'll be 1-2 games in/out of the playoffs, that's a 1st round sweep/late-lottery pick at best.

I think you should focus on the Spurs getting lucky and avoiding major injury..it's their turn they're due for one tbh...Lakers with Wes Johnson and Jordan Hill our defense will be fine...Kaman and Gasol are decent on ball defenders but they won't stop a lot of the penetrating guards...this is where MDA's offense will just need to be better than the opponents defense...better offense beats better defense...Nick Young and Farmar are decent defenders but what you fail to realize is there are no great defenders that we'll be facing either..none of the 2 guards or PG's in the NBA are good defenders..none at all...we're now playing in a defenseless league...no one is good defensively...CP3, Westbrook, Parker, none of them play defense...

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobe played like 78 games last season, Dwight played 78 games last season, Pau and Nash missed about 30 each but Earl Clark stepped up in a big way mid-season, Steve Blake played like prime MJ in the last 2 games to lead HIS team to the playoffs, where injuries cut his HOF-caliber run short.

Kobe is the reason we got 7th seed...but fact is Dwight played while recovering...so this 78 games you mention is a clear facade...:lol our Starting PG and PF both out for 30+ games I would call significant...our back-up PF out for the season plus Blake missing a significant stretch is no small excuse...fact is we got 7th seed only due to being injured all season....plus 3 coaching changes...nothing you said refutes my argument

AchillesHeel
08-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobe is the reason we got 7th seed...but fact is Dwight played while recovering...so this 78 games you mention is a clear facade...:lol our Starting PG and PF both out for 30+ games I would call significant...our back-up PF out for the season plus Blake missing a significant stretch is no small excuse...fact is we got 7th seed only due to being injured all season....plus 3 coaching changes...nothing you said refutes my argument

Like I said, Kobe and Dwight basically played the whole season (with Kirby playing like 2nd most mpg in the whole league), Steve Blake had a HOF run to end the season and Earl Clark was a huge surprise. You needed all that to get the 7th seed. Kirby had his best individual season since probably 09 and 07 if you factor in efficiency, Dwight was a little off but still was a top 3-5 Center.

Now, Kirby is coming off a major injury, which will limit his athleticism at least 5-10%(best case scenario, imo), you don't have Dwight, you have Pau coming off knee surgery (he sucked even before that), you're missing Metta and Earl Clark left your asses.

You're looking like the 2012-13 Mavs with Kirby probably missing many games in the 1st half of the season like Dirk.

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Like I said, Kobe and Dwight basically played the whole season (with Kirby playing like 2nd most mpg in the whole league), Steve Blake had a HOF run to end the season and Earl Clark was a huge surprise. You needed all that to get the 7th seed. Kirby had his best individual season since probably 09 and 07 if you factor in efficiency, Dwight was a little off but still was a top 3-5 Center.

Now, Kirby is coming off a major injury, which will limit his athleticism at least 5-10%(best case scenario, imo), you don't have Dwight, you have Pau coming off knee surgery (he sucked even before that), you're missing Metta and Earl Clark left your asses.

You're looking like the 2012-13 Mavs with Kirby probably missing many games in the 1st half of the season like Dirk.

"Like I Said"...:lol ok great and wise fan of fags...

BLake having a good run argument is awesome...keep up the good work...

Earl Clark was a poor man playing for cash...luck can happen to anyone...

Dwight Being a top 3-5 center into today's league is laughable...I'd actually argue that Chris Kaman is 5th best :lol so your point means very little

and :lol@ Metta leaving us...he was done and only a numnut couldn't see it..

The 2012-13 Mavs didn't have the players or assets we have to win...your analysis par the course is on point retarded :toast

Buddy Mignon
08-18-2013, 12:11 PM

So true, my friend.

lJzxdnd7z3A

AchillesHeel
08-18-2013, 12:13 PM
"Like I Said"...:lol ok great and wise fan of fags...

BLake having a good run argument is awesome...keep up the good work...

Earl Clark was a poor man playing for cash...luck can happen to anyone...

Dwight Being a top 3-5 center into today's league is laughable...I'd actually argue that Chris Kaman is 5th best :lol so your point means very little

and :lol@ Metta leaving us...he was done and only a numnut couldn't see it..

The 2012-13 Mavs didn't have the players or assets we have to win...your analysis par the course is on point retarded :toast

How so? You have Chris Kaman, you have an aging star coming off major surgery, you have a bunch of players on expiring contracts just like the Mavs, you added Young, who's production is almost identical to OJ Mayo(OJ Mayo can actually facilitate and rebound, Young can't), you have an aging/injury prone core surrounded by a bunch of expiring contracts. Seems like the 2012-13 Mavs to me.

RsxPiimp
08-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Beasley
Blake
Farmar
Wesley Johnson
Jordan Hill

thats true. im excited with the bench tbh. i think nick, farmar and even wes johnson will suprise a lot of people this year.

spurraider21
08-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Dantoni's philosophy is contagious. Laker fans still worrying about how good they might be on offense when they were a shit defensive team last year and have now lost Dwight and MWP :lol

spurraider21
08-18-2013, 01:50 PM
thats true. im excited with the bench tbh. i think nick, farmar and even wes johnson will suprise a lot of people this year.
Of course you think that. Kool already said the same

Clipper Nation
08-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Not even the best bench in LA :lol

DPG21920
08-18-2013, 04:58 PM
This is a clear cut championship level team. If Kobe can't win with this..

spurraider21
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
You sly dog, you

Michael Jordan.
08-18-2013, 05:15 PM
:lol

DMC
08-18-2013, 05:26 PM
They'll get lots of minutes seeing how Cumby will fake another injury around midseason after the AS game.

DMC
08-18-2013, 05:27 PM
So true, my friend.

lJzxdnd7z3A

Tiago misses that dunk regardless. Lebron saved him from looking like an idiot and busting is ass... again.

92 Shoot em up
08-18-2013, 05:39 PM
:lol at this thread and the op

King Nupe
08-18-2013, 05:48 PM

Blake is was balling last year. He was better than Nash down the last 10 games....

King Nupe
08-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Not even the best bench in LA :lol

Lakers Worst Season= Clippers BEST Season....

King Nupe
08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Dantoni's philosophy is contagious. Laker fans still worrying about how good they might be on offense when they were a shit defensive team last year and have now lost Dwight and MWP :lol

As great as the Spurs were defensivley last year, that Defense didn't make Leonard make 1 freethrow to win the ship...

:lol Moral Victories
:lol Missed Freethrow
:lol Missed Layup
:lol Danny Green 0-40 after game 5
:lol Pop taking out Duncan
:lol End of the Duncan era
:lol Spurs another 30 years of irrelevancy

Michael Jordan.
08-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Lakers Worst Season= Clippers BEST Season....
Lakers' worst season = Kobe's prime and best season.

Arnold Toht
08-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Lakers' worst season = Kobe's prime and best season.

yet another dumbass claiming 04-05 was Kobe's prime

Michael Jordan.
08-18-2013, 05:59 PM
04-07 actually

Clipper Nation
08-18-2013, 06:17 PM
:lol

spurraider21
08-18-2013, 06:22 PM
As great as the Spurs were defensivley last year, that Defense didn't make Leonard make 1 freethrow to win the ship...

:lol pretty sure Lakers led the league in moral victories tbh
:lol none of what you said addresses my point
:lol very definition of deflecting

AchillesHeel
08-18-2013, 07:42 PM

:lol season begins whenever the next game is on because the lakers are losing 3-4 in a row

:lol Only won both b2b games once out of 16 tries for the season

:lol Kirby and Duh-white carried to the playoffs by Steve Blake, just to get assraped by Duncan

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 07:46 PM

you're bout as lame as your height...tired schtick tbh....you need a new one

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2013, 07:48 PM
:lol at this thread and the op

after sucking my cock madly like you did all last season..I'm surprised you're trying to show some balls now

DMC
08-18-2013, 08:44 PM
2004–07: Post-Shaq The following summer after the 2003–04 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_NBA_season), the Lakers imploded. Jackson was burned out, and the Lakers' management was unwilling to raise his salary from $6 million a year to $12 million that he wanted to continue. Also, assistant coach Tex Winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Winter) said Jackson announced at the 2004 All-Star break that he would not want to return to the Lakers if Bryant returned.[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Los_Angeles_Lakers#cite_note-27) The long-simmering tensions between Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq%E2%80%93Kobe_feud) finally came to a head. When Jackson was not retained as coach (a move many believed to have been orchestrated by Bryant), O'Neal demanded a trade and it was granted; he went to the Miami Heat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Heat) in return for Lamar Odom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Odom), Caron Butler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caron_Butler), and Brian Grant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Grant). Bryant tested the free-agent market, apparently coming very close to signing with the Los Angeles Clippers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Clippers) before deciding to stay with the Lakers. Jackson retired to his ranch in Montana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana) and Rudy Tomjanovich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Tomjanovich) came in as the new head coach.

teddygreen
08-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey Achilles Heel, who that jailbait in your signature?

AchillesHeel
08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Ariana Grande

Bruce Wayne
01-16-2014, 05:11 PM

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 10:50 PM
son of a bitch....fuck swaggy P...what was the got dam reason....nobody gives a shit...just lose muthafucker lose....how hard is the shit...GOT DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!muthafuckin g phaggits :bang