PDA

View Full Version : Translation: New Manu interview 8/19/13

ElNono
08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
From here (in spanish) (http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1612081-manu-ginobili-tengo-la-suerte-de-que-no-necesito-hacer-un-gran-esfuerzo-para-no-meterme-en-quilombos). Excuse the typos and don't shoot the messenger per the usual.

- You've spent the last few years making decisions on the court. Many times risky, including some ill-advised ones. How was it to decide between keep playing and retiring?

In the final stretch of the season, during the playoffs, I thought about it a lot. I was annoyed, to put it in some way. I never had a muscle strain in my life and suddenly I had three in four months. I was in a bad mood, saturated. And I thought about retirement. Even though I was not convinced, I talk about it with my wife: "What if …?" My wife, obviously, said: "You do what you want, no problem". But when I felt better physically, I started to feel a bit better. The season ended, I did that 48-72 hrs mini-mourn after the Finals and I didn't feel like a retired player. I felt I was missing something, that I wanted to keep playing.

- In those talks with your wife, how did you project the future in case you decided "this is it". Were you afraid of the decision?

I thought I could take a year off, easily. A year to disintoxicate from basketball. Spend a good amount of time here in Argentina. And later on, with time, analyze what road to take. But at that time I felt like saying: "That's it, enough of having to get back in shape again, the pressure, second-guess if my leg is going to hold up". I want to relax with my kids, with my wife. Travel, get to know new places, which I didn't have the opportunity to do. At that time I thought only about that. But later on you change, you realize you're going to have time for all that, that there's still fire while I play and I want to keep enjoying that.

- What was the reason? Because you were not and are not saturated with basketball.

The physical part. The fact that I'm constantly rehabbing, getting in shape after an injury. When I have to play with the handbrake on because I'm coming back from a strain. That was tiring and it cost me. When I'm fine and playing, with the luck I have to be on the team I am and the coaches I have, I have a good time. But the physical problems rattled me.

- This season, like never before, you looked weak.

Many times, this season, people told me they saw me susceptible, weak, vulnerable. I don't have to hide. It's not like I'm any less of a man if I feel like that or because I played poorly. Sure, what's the problem? I'm going to be criticized. Okay. I swear I gave everything I have and tried to win like always. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. I'm not going to blush or drop any medals for saying it. I felt vulnerable and I communicated it. There was no reason not to say it. It's the reality. It's the first time I felt that way.

- How was it to deal with criticism for the first time in your career?

Strange. You find out by reading the papers or through third parties, but during the playoffs, for example, I'm isolated and I hear nothing. I don't read anything, I don't watch a replay. Nothing. So it didn't get to me, I had only my own criticism. I know how much I can play and what was I giving. But when I started to get some questions with a certain tone, that's when I said: "Something must be going on, I must be getting criticized, otherwise I wouldn't be being asked that". I started to realize that people were saying I wasn't playing at my usual level, and it was weird. Especially during the playoffs. It was weird and it hurt. Because you have a fairly well developed ego, and like I said, I had the pride of being able to say that during the playoffs I always raised my game. I had that credibility in my career. And this season it didn't happen and it hurt.

- Does criticism motivate you?

A little bit, sure. I can't say it happens all the time. Because the reality is that I couldn't get the ball in the basket the entire playoffs. I wanted to take the world by storm and I couldn't. The two most difficult moments, after game 4 and game 6, I came back and I had my best two games. At times it worked, but I couldn't sustain that determination, that anger.

- But, does anger gets you going?

Yeah. And I noticed during those times. But on some other times, I couldn't generate it. The times I played facing that anger I played well, but the next game I couldn't sustain it. It was very frustrating, hurtful, because I used to have an energy, a constant motor and I couldn't find it in these playoffs. Anger invariably gives you determination.

- Do you think this team, in these circumstances, will be remembered despite losing?

No, long term, no. But those of us that were part of the group will not forget, because it can't be so fragile the line between frustration and ecstasy. It would be illogical. We try to find calmness from that aspect. But for those that were not there, the one that picks up the Finals history book, definitely no, he'll see we were like Utah or Seattle when they lost against the Chicago Bulls.

- Did that influence your decision to continue? Is revenge part of that continuity?

I don't feel I come back [he says "I come back" and not "continue", textually] for revenge. I come back because I enjoy when I'm fine, when I'm not hurt. When those injuries happen is when I want to retire and do something else. When I'm healthy and I play 30 minutes without thinking about that, I do it because of the pleasure of having [Tony] Parker, [Tim] Duncan and [Gregg] Popovich at my side. I have a good time, I have the same passion as always. It's not like I want to go after Lebron, or I want to get back to 40% shooting… Bah, I don't know what I averaged. But it's not fueled by revenge.

- And when that time to retire comes, what do you imagine?

I'm a curious guy, but I don't really know what I'm going to do for sure. I'm a guy with a lot of questions at different levels. I'd like to be tied somehow to basketball. But not full time. I think my ample experience in so many places and having played in a franchise like the one I'm playing in gives me credibility to share my experience and my projects somewhere else, but I don't know how yet.

- Do you rule out the media or political worlds?

No, I don't discard anything. I'm also not saying yes, but I'm not discarding anything. I'm curious in every aspect. I like to meet people. Because of who I am I have that possibility. Meet people that, surely, would like to hear my stories, my experience, my anecdotes and generate common points. It's something I'm passionate about, meeting people from different years. After retirement, it will be a time to re-adapt at the beginning, not tied to basketball, but after that, I don't know which way I'm going to go.

- Where do you plan on living?

We always evaluated with my wife to come back to Bahia. We'll see, it's not written in stone, but our idea was always to come back. We consider important for ourselves and our kids to be around our families. I'll possibly keep the house in San Antonio for a few years. I'm going to go back and forth, because the ties are strong. And I'll probably keep a relationship with the team. Also not full time, I won't be doing 8Am to 5PM work, but I'm sure I'll be in some form of relationship for a long time.

- This year everything about you looked different. Even the vacations.

No. They were the same as always. As soon as the season ends we head to some beach somewhere and after that to Bahia Blanca. Eventually I travel to Buenos Aires if I have things to do, but the majority of the time I spend it in Bahia. Every year I come back I enjoy it more. Since the 2011 lockout, when I stayed until November, I have a great time. I have very good friends. My kids [the twins, Dante and Nicola] also have a great time. Despite the cold, they play with their cousins and their friends. I have a social life that I don't have in San Antonio. Over there is more like a "family bunker". Here it's much more ample, my kids love it and we do too. Sometimes it goes overboard. Because we go from spending eight months being alone to have an overload of get togethers with friends that's too much. But we have a great time.

- A lot of soccer players decide to stay in Europe, even in smaller teams, just not to have to come back to Argentina, due to the situation in the country. You don't see it like that?

Argentina is never going to be Australia or Finland. That's just pure latin american idiosyncrasy. We could be a little better this year or a little worse, but we're Argentina. Unless there's something happening like in 2003 or 2004 [he had to live with security because he was alerted of possible kidnapping of his family], which was delicate. And when you have that kind of fear… but Bahia isn't a dangerous city. If you take certain precautions, the security aspect doesn't enter the equation, which is what can make you change your mind. If the education is a bit better or a bit worse… I don't think that's going to mark a 9 year old kid's future. I think the affective contention is much more important. All that said, I don't blame those that decide to live somewhere else. Everybody makes decisions they feel are better for their families.

- How did becoming a father change you?

It changed mostly the post-game aspect. Before the games I'm still the same crazy guy as usual. Maybe not on the routine or being strict with punctuality. If my kids ask me to read them one more book, I'll do it. During games, nothing changed: I keep on being focused at the task at hand. But the post-game, which used to be either euphoria or suffering, depending on the result, now balanced out a lot. They come watch me when we play in San Antonio. If you hit 1-10 and lost by 30 and they show up just the same that if you won by 50 and scored 40 points. They don't know what daddy does, and why he would be happy or sad. It's such an innocence that balances you out… you notice it in the drive over or the return home… Driving to the game used to be complete silence or listening to my music, very little chatter. Game ends. If we won, normal, gentle, gracious. If we lost, silence. Infuriated. My wife reminds me of that often. Nowadays, the game is over and I'm getting a massage and I start hearing the voices from the kids, they come running in their pajamas and that's that. You can't stay mad. Emotionally, they leveled me. Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on.

- At some point during this interview you used the phrase "because of who I am". Here you've been placed at the level or even above, people like Fangio, De Vicenzo, Vilas, Maradona, Monzon. How do you feel about that?

I don't analyze it. When the word started to go around about that, sometime in 2005, it changed me. I didn't expect it. Nobody places themselves there, but when somebody mentions it… That somebody would place you there with the history of a country with so many sport triumphs… It happened, I started to hear about that. I only experienced Maradona from the names thrown out there. I don't know how fans of De Vicenzo, Monzon or Vilas felt about it. I take it with pride, it gives me a better dimension of who I am and what I can transmit to people that comes to take a picture with me or asks me for an autograph.

- Did any time weight on you to be taken as an example?

Yes. I'm lucky that I don't have to go out of my way to not get in trouble. But there are times when you don't feel like seeing people. Happens to everybody. You want to be alone. I'm with my kids on a park and somebody asks for a picture… it's not the time. Plus, they're taking your time away from your kids. But, well, that's when you think that maybe that kid that's asking lived important things watching you play, that 15 second contact with you might be all he knows about you all his life. How you interacted during that time is how it will be stored in his memory. It's not fair, but you go the extra mile. The first time I heard about that was from Jordan. I imagined myself in that situation. If I saw Jordan in 1992, first I would've peed my pants and then I would've gone say hello and that interaction would've marked me for life.

- When somebody tells you "because of the attitude he has, Ginobili doesn't look from Argentina", how do you feel?

It's very weird. But possibly I don't go hand in hand with other reference people in Argentina sport scene. Although Leo Messi is a similar case. I'm not saying I'm like Leo. He's without a doubt the best in the most popular sport in the world. But what I'm trying to say is that Messi also has a different way to talk, to behave. So if there's two of us that don't look like Argentineans, then we have a different concept of what being an Argentine is. You are who you are. You can't say "Argentine people are like this" or "American people are like this". We're 40 million people, there's all sort of people out there.

Phenomanul
08-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks El Nono.... :tu

Aiko9245
08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
On being a dad---

"Emotionally, they (kids) leveled me. Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on."

Ugh, it stings a little.

elbamba
08-19-2013, 05:28 PM
On being a dad---

"Emotionally, they (kids) leveled me. Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on."

Ugh, it stings a little.

why? I am a father of three. I leave my work at the office when I am home. I expect no less from any man who loves his family. There are bigger things in life.

Bruno
08-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the translation.

I like way more what Manu is saying in this interview than what he said earlier this season ("so-so" :rolleyes ). The key for him to be good will be obviously to stay healthy. If he can avoid injuries, I believe he can be back at a pretty damn good level and be again a true delight for the eyes. To keep him healthy, Pop should really consider him sitting him for b2b. 63 games with 25mpg sounds right as playing time for Ginobili.

hater
08-19-2013, 05:40 PM
although he is still in denial. ("I don't read or pay any attention in the playoffs" :cry) at least he seems a little closer to the realization that he is finished and all the criticism of him is spot on.

NO, he cannot regain any form, or anything close to it. All he can do is be a 3rd string backup PG in case of injury and backup SG at 10mpg tops. Anything more and it's another year of black hole Ginobili hurting the team. He is finished and should be only used for injury insurance.

manustarting2gd
08-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Manu needs PEDs

UZER
08-19-2013, 06:49 PM
I get the vibe Manu has no intentions of adjusting his game. He played bad because he was "just hurt" according to him, even though he's been hurt for the last 5 years.

benefactor
08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
On being a dad---

Ugh, it stings a little.
Why does it sting? It's a fucking game he is paid to play and his kids are his kids. To me it sounds like a guy that has his priorities straight.

Thanks as always for the translation, ElNono.

barakz21
08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Manu's game may have sucked this season, but his interviews are still awesome. The man is a really great interviewee. There's a lot of insights in his interviews.

TheGreatYacht
08-19-2013, 08:00 PM
I got the impression that the interviewer tried his best to get Manu to say the right words but obviously Manu is still in denial. The fact that Manu openly admitted that he doesn’t get fueled by criticism is pathetic. Lebron, Kobe, and Durant all get fueled by criticism.

Manu should feel like he has a chip on his shoulder considering that he only handed the championship over to the Heat with his 8 turnovers in Game 6 along with Pop. Manu has little to no remorse whatsoever on how badly he contributed to costing Timmy his 5th ring. In Manu’s own words, “It's not like I want to go after Lebron, or I want to get back to 40% shooting… Bah, I don't know what I averaged. But it's not fueled by revenge.” Seriously, who the fuck says those things? That drunken bastard can't even handle the ball anymore therefore he needs to shoot at a higher FG% in order to be effective.

That SOB should’ve retired. The money that was wasted on his fat contract could have been better used on someone younger and better. Father time has caught up to him but he obviously didn't retire because of the $$$. Like my boy hater said, Manu is still in denial just like most of the Manu worshippers.

BTW I bet you'll anything that Duncan and Parker ARE fueled by revenge and want to go after Lebron. Manu is not? SMH

ElNono
08-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the translation.

I like way more what Manu is saying in this interview than what he said earlier this season ("so-so" :rolleyes ). The key for him to be good will be obviously to stay healthy. If he can avoid injuries, I believe he can be back at a pretty damn good level and be again a true delight for the eyes. To keep him healthy, Pop should really consider him sitting him for b2b. 63 games with 25mpg sounds right as playing time for Ginobili.

Yeah, obviously there's a thin line there with the injuries, and the frustration that brings on him. Besides the rest, I'm wondering if the Spurs put together some sort of program for him to help him out with that.

The fact the Spurs didn't hesitate with the extension, merely taking a day or two to get everything done, is probably another good confidence boost for him. Also Timmy's words after the deal was done probably resonated well with him.

I think he can get his shot back to a certain percentage like he said, and that should go a long ways towards rebuilding confidence for him and opening up his game. We have two more seasons to see how that works out.

spurs10
08-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Thank you, once again, ElNono. Manu is a class act and an athlete and person we are not likely to see again. The one foul or one rebound we were away from winning the championship are not his cross to bear. He, by his own admission, was not playing at the level he wished he could have played. That's life. I, for one, am looking forward to the next two seasons and will find it tough when Manu and Tim hang up their spurs. I'm going to start saving now so I can be there when Manu and Tim are inducted into the Hall of Fame. We, as Spurs fans, have been blessed! Go Spurs!

Spur|n|Austin
08-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Good read, thanks EN.

hater
08-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I got the impression that the interviewer tried his best to get Manu to say the right words but obviously Manu is still in denial. The fact that Manu openly admitted that he doesn’t get fueled by criticism is pathetic. Lebron, Kobe, and Durant all get fueled by criticism.

Manu should feel like he has a chip on his shoulder considering that he only handed the championship over to the Heat with his 8 turnovers in Game 6 along with Pop. Manu has little to no remorse whatsoever on how badly he contributed to costing Timmy his 5th ring. In Manu’s own words, “It's not like I want to go after Lebron, or I want to get back to 40% shooting… Bah, I don't know what I averaged. But it's not fueled by revenge.” Seriously, who the fuck says those things? That drunken bastard can't even handle the ball anymore therefore he needs to shoot at a higher FG% in order to be effective.

That SOB should’ve retired. The money that was wasted on his fat contract could have been better used on someone younger and better. Father time has caught up to him but he obviously didn't retire because of the $$$. Like my boy hater said, Manu is still in denial just like most of the Manu worshippers.

BTW I bet you'll anything that Duncan and Parker ARE fueled by revenge and want to go after Lebron. Manu is not? SMH

I have to agree he is still in denial and will be forever. I guess the pain of owning up that you cost your team and Tim Duncan their 5th championships are too much to bear.

and yes Pop is due as much or more of the blame. He is the one who kept inserting Manu even after turnover after turnover, brick after brick, fuckup after fuckup.

it's really sad that it seems not much will change for the 2013-14 season.

oh well, at least we have Bellinelli who will supplant Manu as crowd favorite by 2nd quarter of game 1 of the season

dylankerouac
08-19-2013, 09:05 PM
As someone else said, thanks EN.

diego
08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I get the vibe Manu has no intentions of adjusting his game. He played bad because he was "just hurt" according to him, even though he's been hurt for the last 5 years.

Total minutes and PER team rank:
2008-09 9th minutes, 3rd PER
2009-10 4th minutes, 2nd PER
2010-11 3rd minutes, 2nd PER
2011-12 10th minutes, 1st PER
2012-13, 8th minutes, 3rd PER
(Apply salt for small sample sizes where applicable)

Sean Cagney
08-19-2013, 10:48 PM
why? I am a father of three. I leave my work at the office when I am home. I expect no less from any man who loves his family. There are bigger things in life.

Yep, which is why when that Kobyz Guy in here was saying my life is over now and I am gonna die! There is nothing left in life! I am depressed forever. When he was saying that crap I was like get a real life for Gods sakes, you are `100% correct there is alot bigger things than life, it's a game. I would expect nothing more of Manu, you take the L and move on and live life.

lowdown
08-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Man, thanks for posting this interview (w/translation)! I don't know if Manu will ever be able to play like he use to but it was very interesting how he reflected on this year/finals. The only thing I was bothered by was him thinking his problem was just his health & his shooting whereas it really was his costly turnovers. Yet, reading that interview reminded me why he's so beloved (especially prior to the finals) warts & all.

Spur|n|Austin
08-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Thank you, once again, ElNono. Manu is a class act and an athlete and person we are not likely to see again. The one foul or one rebound we were away from winning the championship are not his cross to bear. He, by his own admission, was not playing at the level he wished he could have played. That's life. I, for one, am looking forward to the next two seasons and will find it tough when Manu and Tim hang up their spurs. I'm going to start saving now so I can be there when Manu and Tim are inducted into the Hall of Fame. We, as Spurs fans, have been blessed! Go Spurs!

:toast

Phenomanul
08-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Someone should acquaint Manu with Deer antler spray.... just sayin'... that 'medicine' allows people to heal much quicker than normal....

DPG21920
08-20-2013, 12:57 AM
What scares me is Manu is one of the most babied players in the NBA and still can't stay healthy. His per minute pay is incredible.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 02:13 AM
What scares me is Manu is one of the most babied players in the NBA and still can't stay healthy. His per minute pay is incredible.

When he was making $14m last season, it was about $10K per minute if you count regular season only. If you add the playoffs, it comes down to about $7168. The $10K figure is probably top 10... only a few players were paid more per minute than him (IIRC Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudemire, Eric Gordon and Dirk all were paid more per minute). If you take the $7K figure on the other hand, then he got paid less per minute than guys like Kris Humphries, Rajon Rondo, Andrea Bustnami, Richard Jefferson, Ben Gordon, Kobe, and a bunch of other fellas... Obviously, at $7m a season, the numbers are much more inline with the rest of the league (provided he plays as many or more minutes than last season).

Brazil
08-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks ElNono ! great translation... you are the shit man !

I liked this interview, there were some tough questions and he answered in details at each one.

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Thank you for the translation.

I am with Hater, Yacht, and a few others. Manu has lost some of his edge. Call it mellowing with age... Denial and not focusing on his real deficiencies....

I guarantee Tim is madder than a hornet and ready to go after James. Manu needs a reality check.

UZER
08-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Total minutes and PER team rank:
2008-09 9th minutes, 3rd PER
2009-10 4th minutes, 2nd PER
2010-11 3rd minutes, 2nd PER
2011-12 10th minutes, 1st PER
2012-13, 8th minutes, 3rd PER
(Apply salt for small sample sizes where applicable)

You can PER all you want. We've all seen Manu play the last few seasons.

EVAY
08-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks as always for the translation, Nono.

Manu has indeed mellowed with age, and I think it shows in his play and his fire-in-the-belly. Having said that, I think it is now up to the coaching staff to teach him how to stay on the court while playing at a higher level. He doesn't seem to know how to adjust his game to his slightly lower ability level. If they could help him with that, I believe he could be terrific again, but it won't happen as long as he keeps expecting his body to do the same thing it used to do whenever he wanted it to. It just can't, so he needs to stop asking it to do what he used to do. He needs to learn to ask it to do something else. And the coaches need to help him do that.

philldafunk
08-20-2013, 11:03 AM
I wonder how the interviews will read if he continues to suck?

Vash StampedE
08-20-2013, 11:42 AM
:toast Thanks for the translation.

Key for Manu next season is being healthy, obviously. But one aspect that, I think, he needs to work on this offseason is his shooting stroke. For sure, he'll still be our team's backup playmaker as the FO apparently didn't address that, though I hope Kawhi/Cory gets to play that role. But I believe and hope that Pop utilize him more as a spot-up shooter. Nervous but still excited for what Manu could still do for the team next season.

tenbeersbold
08-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Well at least that interview explains his shitty English...he doesn't associate w/ anyone while he's in SA

Damn,thats sad as f**k...considering how much some people here consider Manu essential Spurs fabric etc..

No props to anyone but the other Big 2 and Pop...

Screw him,he shoulda takin' his USA hatin' ass and his shitty game back to Argentina,seriously he's DONE

Take soft ass Splitter w/ him,once Timmy retires that Splitter is gonna be revealed to be an even softer mangina than he is already

ducks
08-20-2013, 01:29 PM
key to manu is to stay healthy and realize what he is capable of doing and not trying to do to much
FOOL

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Thank you for the translation.

I am with Hater, Yacht, and a few others. Manu has lost some of his edge. Call it mellowing with age... Denial and not focusing on his real deficiencies....

I guarantee Tim is madder than a hornet and ready to go after James. Manu needs a reality check.

Basing your argument off an assumption.

In other words, you're stupid as fuck. Nothing new here.

Spur|n|Austin
08-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Well at least that interview explains his shitty English...he doesn't associate w/ anyone while he's in SA

Damn,thats sad as f**k...considering how much some people here consider Manu essential Spurs fabric etc..

Screw him,he shoulda takin' his USA hatin' ass and his shitty game back to Argentina,seriously he's DONE

Take soft ass Splitter w/ him,once Timmy retires that Splitter is gonna be revealed to be an even softer mangina than he is already

Not sure if very stupid or solid troll'n.

silverblk mystix
08-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Looking at it from the view of a man - Manu sounds like a quality person who has his priorities straight.

Looking at it from the view of a die-hard Spurs fan who wants the Spurs to fuckin annihilate their opponents and fuck up this little Lebron "mini-dynasty" and beat the fuck outta their opponents - Manu should retire and take his pussy attitude with him, Spurs are fucked. Pop has the same losing and all-but defeated attitude also.

When you think back to the past where there were famous quotes like, "winning isn't everything - it's the only thing!"

And now - with Pop - basically - happy when he loses - and infecting his team with this attitude and ...

Manu: "You can't stay mad. Emotionally, they leveled me. Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on."

As a spurs fan - we fucked!

spurs10
08-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Not sure if very stupid or solid troll'n. :lmao The former I'm guessing. Brilliant post!

silverblackfan
08-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Yay! Actual new news from the Spurs. Been a long Summer already. Manu sounds ready to go and has his head on straight. If being a family man has killed some of his drive/passion, then Manu might have slipped a notch. He is still a seasoned vet with the ability to take over a game.
Thanks for taking the time to translate EN.

Spur|n|Austin
08-20-2013, 03:45 PM
:lmao The former I'm guessing. Brilliant post!

Or the latter, ya never know around here :lol

objective
08-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Three separate strains in four months after never having a single one in his whole career?

And people still write or say "if/when Manu's healthy . . . " :lol

He won't be.

HI-FI
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM
thanks to ElNono for the translation. i think that was Manu's best interview yet, sounds like he is very slowly coming to the realization that he really shit the bed this season. It happens.

Looking at it from the view of a man - Manu sounds like a quality person who has his priorities straight.

Looking at it from the view of a die-hard Spurs fan who wants the Spurs to fuckin annihilate their opponents and fuck up this little Lebron "mini-dynasty" and beat the fuck outta their opponents - Manu should retire and take his pussy attitude with him, Spurs are fucked. Pop has the same losing and all-but defeated attitude also.

When you think back to the past where there were famous quotes like, "winning isn't everything - it's the only thing!"

And now - with Pop - basically - happy when he loses - and infecting his team with this attitude and ...

Manu: "You can't stay mad. Emotionally, they leveled me. Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on."

As a spurs fan - we fucked!
I believe it is Pat Riley who always said "there's winning and there's misery." I think he realizes what is at stake and what it takes. Pop always acts like he's above this shit, like some tenured prof, yet still wants to get paid the big bucks. I've been a fan of Riles since I was a kid so props to him for tasting victory again, having the right stuff to get it done.

I still can see Pop's face when he hugged Lebron after the Finals. There's a fine line between showing respect and class in losing but not acting like you want to suck the opponent's dick.

As for Manu, I highly doubt he will justify this contract on the court, similar to the previous contract. Obviously Manu was an absolute steal early on, but now I think he justifies the contract off the court by helping the Spurs brand grow to Central and South Americans. If you see how bat shit insane the CoM are on this site, you realize it's important to keeping Manu happy and keeping that segment happy as well. Probably not conducive to winning, but from a business perspective it makes some sense.

silverblk mystix
08-20-2013, 05:43 PM
thanks to ElNono for the translation. i think that was Manu's best interview yet, sounds like he is very slowly coming to the realization that he really shit the bed this season. It happens.

I believe it is Pat Riley who always said "there's winning and there's misery." I think he realizes what is at stake and what it takes. Pop always acts like he's above this shit, like some tenured prof, yet still wants to get paid the big bucks. I've been a fan of Riles since I was a kid so props to him for tasting victory again, having the right stuff to get it done.

I still can see Pop's face when he hugged Lebron after the Finals. There's a fine line between showing respect and class in losing but not acting like you want to suck the opponent's dick.

As for Manu, I highly doubt he will justify this contract on the court, similar to the previous contract. Obviously Manu was an absolute steal early on, but now I think he justifies the contract off the court by helping the Spurs brand grow to Central and South Americans. If you see how bat shit insane the CoM are on this site, you realize it's important to keeping Manu happy and keeping that segment happy as well. Probably not conducive to winning, but from a business perspective it makes some sense.

Yeah, I am all for Pop's maturity and sense of perspective --- IN LIFE ---

Which is why I have felt that Pop should have stepped back to an office position in the organization. As far as life - Pop - is a pretty evolved person and I can't argue that he is living at a pretty high level and has evolved to a state where life is above a game.

Unfortunately - this is a high stakes game - and if you are going to lead a SPORTS FRANCHISE - please hire a YOUNG HUNGRY COACH with something left to prove and win some fuckin' titles and let the "evolved" people sit on the sidelines and watch.

Spurs are fucked as long as wise old man Pop is running the show.

Props to Pop and his PAST accomplishments - but this should be about WINNING RIGHT NOW!

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Wade teaming up with trainer Tim Grover again, wants you to know he’s not done (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/wade-teaming-up-with-trainer-tim-grover-again-wants-you-to-know-hes-not-done/)Kurt Helin (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/author/kurthelin/)
Aug 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT

15 Comments (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/wade-teaming-up-with-trainer-tim-grover-again-wants-you-to-know-hes-not-done/#comments)
http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/350x11.jpg?w=320Getty Images We’ve said it before and I imagine we will say it many more times: If the Miami Heat are going to three-peat they are going to need to a healthy and improved Dwyane Wade (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/931/dwyane-wade) this season and in the playoffs. They are going to need some other things as well, but Wade is a huge key.
He knows it. And he’s taking steps to get there.
We told you he was getting back into workouts now that he has an shock therapy on the tendonitis in his knees, now we learn that those workouts are with his former Chicago trainer Tim Grover. You know, Michael Jordan’s trainer. This from Brian Windhorst at ESPN’s Heat Index (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/18305/wade-teaming-up-with-grover-once-again).

Wade has vowed that he will return a different player than he was at the end of last season, when he was limited by bone bruises and tendinitis in his knees. The 31-year-old guard averaged 21.2 points per game during the regular season, but just 15.9 PPG in the playoffs.
“I don’t train my clients to be good as new, I want them to be better than ever,” Grover said about working with Wade again. “That’s the goal for Dwyane.”
Wade likely will drop a few pounds and be in improved shape for this season, but will that be enough? Has he learned to adapt his game to an aging body that can’t just be explosive?
He told the Sun-Sentinel people will doubt him but he is used to that (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s081613,0,1501759.story).

“I’m not done yet,” Wade said. “I still got more in the tank. Like I said, my focus is just to make sure physically I can do the things I need to do. My skills haven’t diminished by no stretch of the imagination….
“You lose something as you get older, when it comes to your athleticism,” he said, “but you don’t lose your game, you don’t lose what’s up here [pointing to his head]. My job, my whole life, I’ve always had that kind of doubter, people have always doubted me. And I don’t know how I would succeed without it. So I welcome it, and it gives me a challenge and I will see if I can live up to my challenge.”
Wade’s spirit is willing, we will see about the flesh. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/wade-teaming-up-with-trainer-tim-grover-again-wants-you-to-know-hes-not-done/

Now this is the type of competitive and winning mentality that Manu ought to have. Perhaps he once had it in him but based on his recent interview, Manu has no need to come back next season with a revenge nor does he feel the need improve on his FG%. Fucking Manu... smh.

"It's not like I want to go after Lebron, or I want to get back to 40% shooting… Bah, I don't know what I averaged. But it's not fueled by revenge."

- Manu Ginobili

ElNono
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Wade is what? 31? He should be dominating, not making excuses, tbh...

ElNono
08-20-2013, 08:40 PM
cue Popsucker/Manutard tantrum...

Chinook
08-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Why does it sting? It's a fucking game he is paid to play and his kids are his kids. To me it sounds like a guy that has his priorities straight.

Damned straight. Although that made me all the more sad for Duncan seeing how badly his home life may have been at about that time. I hope his kids helped him move on quickly.

Chinook
08-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Wade is what? 31? He should be dominating, not making excuses, tbh...

Exactly. Ginobili was arguably a top-10 player at 32.

diego
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
unless i did this all wrong, manu played 884/967 games and wade 797/856. considering age I think manu will end up being the more durable player, wade is a very favorable comparison actually.

hater
08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
key to manu is to stay healthy and realize what he is capable of doing and not trying to do to much
FOOL

Ducks with goods once again.

that is my main beef with Manu, his tiny brain just seem incapable of recognizing that with age, he cannot do certain things on the basketball court. Every player with a few more than 3 braincells has been able to understand the simple principle of tolls of age on your basketball body and game. Manu just seems incapable of comprehending this and thus why he has irritated me to the max in the last 3-4 years. He still goes out there bumping into opponent and teamates alike at 100mph and throwing the ball to the 2nd row more often than not. Not to mention his shot is diarrhea.

YOU DO NOT HAVE IT ANYMORE MANU. YOU HAVE NOT HAD IT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. get that through your tick argentine skull. You are significantly slower than 90% of players you face, stop playing like you are faster than them, you just look goofy as fuck and stupid and embarrass the silver and black.

heyheymymy
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks EN, i appriciate your time translating. great job

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 09:54 PM

Nuke of truth.

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Basing your argument off an assumption.

In other words, you're stupid as fuck. Nothing new here.

Laughing at the illiterate fanboi clown who called ME stupid.

The wimp just admitted his balls shrank and his fire went out. Learn to read, dbucket.

TMTTRIO
08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
wow. People still really obsessed with Manu and hating on him. Get over it already.

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Yay! Actual new news from the Spurs. Been a long Summer already. Manu sounds ready to go and has his head on straight. If being a family man has killed some of his drive/passion, then Manu might have slipped a notch. He is still a seasoned vet with the ability to take over a game.
Thanks for taking the time to translate EN.

Takeover in favor of his opponent!

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Ducks with goods once again.

that is my main beef with Manu, his tiny brain just seem incapable of recognizing that with age, he cannot do certain things on the basketball court. Every player with a few more than 3 braincells has been able to understand the simple principle of tolls of age on your basketball body and game. Manu just seems incapable of comprehending this and thus why he has irritated me to the max in the last 3-4 years. He still goes out there bumping into opponent and teamates alike at 100mph and throwing the ball to the 2nd row more often than not. Not to mention his shot is diarrhea.

YOU DO NOT HAVE IT ANYMORE MANU. YOU HAVE NOT HAD IT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. get that through your tick argentine skull. You are significantly slower than 90% of players you face, stop playing like you are faster than them, you just look goofy as fuck and stupid and embarrass the silver and black.

nobody cares how irritated you are, tbh...

lol Spurs in 7*

*prediction subject to change depending on the outcome. This is not financial advice. Consult with a doctor if prediction doesn't pan out. Side effects may include anxiety, burning sensation, depression, stroke and cancer. The statements contained here were not approved by the FDA.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Laughing at the illiterate fanboi clown who called ME stupid.

The wimp just admitted his balls shrank and his fire went out. Learn to read, dbucket.

But later on you change, you realize you're going to have time for all that, that there's still fire while I play and I want to keep enjoying that.

tbh, everyone can interpret stuff anyway they want... that "revenge" isn't the motivator for him doesn't mean there's no motivation. He's always been a huge competitor, per Pop, so the motivation is clearly there, even if it doesn't stems from revenge.

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Still fire....but not sustainable. His afterburner won't light beyond first zone without a chuff chuff flameout. It is obvious by his words what his true state is. Guy hasn't "got it" any more. He admits it. Nobody with a fire would dare say the wimp things that came out of his mouth. IHe was determined after the Dirk Incident to make good. Heis in no no no way showing that resolve now.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I read a guy that's frustrated with injuries, and that's ready to move on after a tough playoffs. He's obviously 36, on the twilight of his career, so expecting him to be a 30 year old Manu isn't realistic. But he's obviously still very useful for the Spurs as long as he's healthy.

Luckily we have two more seasons to enjoy him.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks EN, i appriciate your time translating. great job

you're welcome... same to everyone! Slow offseason, figured a bit of fresh news wouldn't hurt.

Skull-1
08-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Guys with the fire are NOT ready to move on. Dude is done.

TMTTRIO
08-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks El Nono. I appreciate all your translations. By the way could you translate this little part. It sounds like the trainer's up there working with Manu to prepare him for the season.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1879007&s=bas&type=story

Matthew Herring estará cinco días más en Argentina antes de volver a su país. "Se está poniendo en forma para la temporada y yo estoy trabajando con él para reevaluarlo y hacer cambios en caso de que sean necesarios. Hasta el momento todo va muy bien", señaló Herring al ser consultado.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks El Nono. I appreciate all your translations. By the way could you translate this little part. It sounds like the trainer's up there working with Manu to prepare him for the season.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1879007&s=bas&type=story

Matthew Herring estará cinco días más en Argentina antes de volver a su país. "Se está poniendo en forma para la temporada y yo estoy trabajando con él para reevaluarlo y hacer cambios en caso de que sean necesarios. Hasta el momento todo va muy bien", señaló Herring al ser consultado.

Nice find. Exactly what I was wondering earlier. Let me translate the entire article. I might just post it on a separate thread since it's a bit long.

Thanks.

ElNono
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM

Okay

tenbeersbold
08-21-2013, 03:15 AM
:lmao The former I'm guessing. Brilliant post!
Get a room you two Manutards

Chillen
08-21-2013, 03:33 AM
- Do you think this team, in these circumstances, will be remembered despite losing?

No, long term, no. But those of us that were part of the group will not forget, because it can't be so fragile the line between frustration and ecstasy. It would be illogical. We try to find calmness from that aspect. But for those that were not there, the one that picks up the Finals history book, definitely no, he'll see we were like Utah or Seattle when they lost against the Chicago Bulls.

I disagree with Manu, if Miami keeps winning NBA titles in a row anyone who picks up a history book long from now will see that the Heat dominated that era (which would be the 2010's) losing first to Dallas in 2011. Just like with the Chicago Bulls of the 1990's they will see the Bulls dominated that decade just about. As for the Spurs they will see they won every odd year in the 2000's and got back there 6 years later and lost one time and the Lakers dominated the early 2000's and started winning again to close out the decade and to start the next. If the Spurs want to be noticed in that Finals history book for this decade they better get the job done in 2014 and win it all or else they will look like Seatlle in the losing column. Utah was good enough to win it all but had to face the dominate Jordan led Bulls got there 2 years straight and lost both times to the Bulls. People will see in the Finals history books that Utah team was good, same with that Nets team got there 2 years straight and lost to Lakers, Spurs and Detroit which won it all in 2004 and lost to Spurs in 2005. Getting back to the Finals 2 years straight is always respectable. That Cavs team will be looked at like Seattle having made it once and losing to Spurs in 2007.

Aiko9245
08-21-2013, 11:08 AM

I'm not knocking the guy. It's healthy to move on. As a fan, it was just a reminder of what happened.

rjv
08-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Five or ten years ago, end up getting eliminated in a Finals like that would've been dramatic; now it was 48 hours and life goes on.
yep-that's perspective.

kemak
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
My favorite part of that interview was this "I start hearing the voices from the kids, they come running in their pajamas and that's that. You can't stay mad." Pop was saying after the Finals loss "if this is the worst thing that happens to you in your life, then you got a pretty good life."

Sucks but it's very true, in the end it's just a game.

hater
08-21-2013, 02:26 PM

Boooooooooooooom!!!

Truth fukushima apocalypse.

If Manu is already moving on from worts Finals choke job in history of the game which happened 2 months ago, he does not care and wont care about winning anymore

TMTTRIO
08-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Boooooooooooooom!!!

If Manu is already moving on from worts Finals choke job in history of the game which happened 2 months ago, he does not care and wont care about winning anymore

then what's the point in resigning rather than retiring and working out right now with the trainer to get into shape for the season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Boooooooooooooom!!!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/168/697/34npc3l.jpg

ElNono
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
then what's the point in resigning rather than retiring and working out right now with the trainer to get into shape for the season.

:lol why are you bringing facts to this conversation?

silverblk mystix
08-21-2013, 03:40 PM
My favorite part of that interview was this "I start hearing the voices from the kids, they come running in their pajamas and that's that. You can't stay mad." Pop was saying after the Finals loss "if this is the worst thing that happens to you in your life, then you got a pretty good life."

Sucks but it's very true, in the end it's just a game.

This is what LOSERS say. Call a spade a spade ok - be honest.

LOSERS justify their losing - and of course - life is bigger than a game - ....

TO WHO?

To satisfied millionaires - yes - it is just a game.

Don't be shocked when the next few years go by and the Spurs never win a title - but-but -it's ok -life is bigger!

lmao

LOSERS!

hater
08-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Lets see, I can think of 14 million reasons

Not to mention the endorsement money. Gotta feed da family...

HI-FI
08-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Not to mention the endorsement money. Gotta feed da family...
i think Manu will use his money and become el presidente of Argentina. nigga is like a demigod there already, might as well become their leader and hit pay dirt with K-DIRT.

cheguevara
08-21-2013, 04:43 PM
i think Manu will use his money and become el presidente of Argentina. nigga is like a demigod there already, might as well become their leader and hit pay dirt with K-DIRT.

I have my doubts. In Argentina ppl think about basketball about 1% of the time, the other 99% of the time they spent thinking on how to obtain US dollars in the black market and futbol.

hater
08-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Manu would be a great politician. He already got the basic principles down. When you accomplish something it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when you fail to keep your promise, you are quickly to blame others and in the end there are more important things in life. He also seems proficient at blocking out all criticism, which is essential to great politicians.

ElNono
08-21-2013, 05:01 PM

That ink is dry now, he could be mailing it in right now instead of working out with the team's trainer...

hater
08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
That ink is dry now, he could be mailing it in right now instead of working out with the team's trainer...

he's got twins and a wife at home. He's just doing what any sensible man would to, finding any reason to get da fuck outta da house :lol

tbh, it's the same reason TMac singed with us :rollin

DAF86
08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Do not feed the Bolivians.

DMC
08-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Is he a politician? That first question was about, imo, his questionable passes and shots. His answer was about injuries.

kemak
08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
This is what LOSERS say. Call a spade a spade ok - be honest.

LOSERS justify their losing - and of course - life is bigger than a game - ....

TO WHO?

To satisfied millionaires - yes - it is just a game.

Don't be shocked when the next few years go by and the Spurs never win a title - but-but -it's ok -life is bigger!

lmao

LOSERS!

Hahaha yea THEY lost, what are you gunna do about it cry forever?

The Spurs losing the finals does not affect my life at all. To expect Manu to go into a deep depression cause he didn't entertain your shitty ass with a win is narcissistic.

Sounds like a fair weather fan

http://play.esea.net/global/media_preview.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.diylol.c om%2Fhfs%2Ff5c%2F17a%2F076%2Fresized%2Fumad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg%3F1311533660.jpg

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Manu would be a great politician. He already got the basic principles down. When you accomplish something it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when you fail to keep your promise, you are quickly to blame others and in the end there are more important things in life. He also seems proficient at blocking out all criticism, which is essential to great politicians.

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
The guy's being honest, if he were to answer like a politician, he'd say he's working hard to make it next year, think about it, that's what a politican would say, instead of simply recognizing his family is immensely more important than basketball, and 1 finals, after all it's just a game... ahahah, you heard that ? "Just a game". I think you butthurt people are mad at him for actually being honest. What you are mad at is that he hasn't answered like a politician, considering that there would be lots of Spurs fans whose life gravitates around this enterteinment. Manu has a family, lots of friends, he cares about poverty and society in general, he's curious, he want's to travel and get to know the world, learn new things.... hahahah, I think what you guys are more mad about is that he didn't refrain from saying that, making you feel small and short-sighted... which you are.

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I already have traveled the world and learned new things. Nice of enlightened Manu to make me feel ignorant for having done what he WANTS to do. Yawn.

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah, sure, you have traveled and learned lots of new things at McDonalds London, McDonalds Barcelona, McDonalds Tokyo. Hahahahaha...

Thing is, you are nobody, you don't have many friends that really care about you, you don't really care about anyone, you haven't built strong emotional ties with anyone, you have done little for others in life, you don't really excell in anything, you have not built or designed anything noticeable, you haven't discovered anything in any field of knowledge, you were never paid for doing what you love, you never really cared about what happens in the world, you never really tried to understand and incorporate other cultures, you probably speak fluently but one language, you haven't undertaken social projects of any kind, you are not knowledgeable in history, sociology, philosophy, antropology or psichology, you probably don't even believe in Freud, either because you couldn't summarize his ideas if someone asked you to, or because you prefer to keep denying your life sucks, you haven't read more than a couple of books in your life, most of them best-selling rubbish or technical stuff, you haven't of course written anything others would want to read, you think your country and its people are superior to others, you find the concept "America" much more important than "Humanity", you found perfectly normal that Aliens in hollywood movies always land somewhere in America, hahahahahahha, you are a pretty hollow person.

But hey, yes, I aslmost forgot, all that is pretty irrelevant in life, the important thing is basketball, and specifically the Spurs, and you are an important employee in that franchise working your ass off to bring sucess to the organization... oh, not really right? Ok, let's rephrase then... the important thing is the Spurs, and you are and important fan amongst them! Oh, no, wait, my bad again, this time I'll put it the way it is: the improtant thing is the Spurs, and you are just one insignificant fan among them.

superbigtime
08-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Interesting read. Sounds like Manu has mailed it in and cannot accept or appreciate how horribly he played. He's a family man looking forward to his last couple years of salary. There will never be another Manu, so I'm glad we get to have two more years, but truly he should have retired. Ultimate blame falls on dumbass head coach.

hater
08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, sure, you have traveled and learned lots of new things at McDonalds London, McDonalds Barcelona, McDonalds Tokyo. Hahahahaha...

Thing is, you are nobody, you don't have many friends that really care about you, you don't really care about anyone, you haven't built strong emotional ties with anyone, you have done little for others in life, you don't really excell in anything, you have not built or designed anything noticeable, you haven't discovered anything in any field of knowledge, you were never paid for doing what you love, you never really cared about what happens in the world, you never really tried to understand and incorporate other cultures, you probably speak fluently but one language, you haven't undertaken social projects of any kind, you are not knowledgeable in history, sociology, philosophy, antropology or psichology, you probably don't even believe in Freud, either because you couldn't summarize his ideas if someone asked you to, or because you prefer to keep denying your life sucks, you haven't read more than a couple of books in your life, most of them best-selling rubbish or technical stuff, you haven't of course written anything others would want to read, you think your country and its people are superior to others, you find the concept "America" much more important than "Humanity", you found perfectly normal that Aliens in hollywood movies always land somewhere in America, hahahahahahha, you are a pretty hollow person.

But hey, yes, I aslmost forgot, all that is pretty irrelevant in life, the important thing is basketball, and specifically the Spurs, and you are an important employee in that franchise working your ass off to bring sucess to the organization... oh, not really right? Ok, let's rephrase then... the important thing is the Spurs, and you are and important fan amongst them! Oh, no, wait, my bad again, this time I'll put it the way it is: the improtant thing is the Spurs, and you are just one insignificant fan among them.

:lmao

hater
08-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Interesting read. Sounds like Manu has mailed it in and cannot accept or appreciate how horribly he played. He's a family man looking forward to his last couple years of salary. There will never be another Manu, so I'm glad we get to have two more years, but truly he should have retired. Ultimate blame falls on dumbass head coach.

:tu 300 tons of radiated truth leaking into the ocean

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 04:14 PM
hahahah, it hurts right hater?!!! But there's nothing you can do about it... you are nobody, nobody gives a shit about you... unlike Manu, you are nobody, you haven't had sucess in life, you probably don't even have a girlfriend, or perhaps you are dating some arrogant bitch that's costing you a great deal of money, or perhaps you are married to some fat bitch that yells at you "HATER, go wash my underwears" and you say "yes honey" hahaha, and then you sign in at Spurstalk where you have you own private microworld, and here you think you are important, hahahah, you are so pathetic.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

ElNono
08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
whose troll is this, tbh? :lol

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 05:16 PM
This is my only account, honestly!!! XDDDD

hater
08-22-2013, 06:29 PM
whose troll is this, tbh? :lol

unfortunately it's not a troll but a butthurt argentine manutard :lmao

the butthurt is strong on that one

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Wrong! You, on the other hand, are obviously butthurted. You are butthurted because your life is miserable. You fail constantly in your life. Because you have a well bellow avarage IQ, obviously, because you are just despicable, you are a bad person, a piece of shit. Soooo, you go around butthurted trying to make others feel bad, like the piece of shit you are. But you are some special piece of shit, you are absolutely fullllll of shit. An each one of your posts here is like a vomit of shit. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 09:07 PM

Yeah, right. I am bilingual with a Masters Degree and hold the lives of spoiled athletes and entertainers like Manu in the palms of my hands every day I go to work. I got here by being the best, not accepting miserable failures as, "Oh well."

I do what I love and have known I would from my earliest memory. My profession was my passion and hobby long before I got to do it for a paycheck.

Speaking of which...

I am paid to be technically proficient and unflinchingly safe in what I do. To be completely serious at it and give nothing less than 100 percent. Manu is paid to be the best. If I were as bad at my job as he was during the Finals at his....especially Game Six.....I would be long dead.

As for other cultures, the American one is superior. It has already incorporated all the best aspects of the others. Sadly, now we are importing the bad parts, too. Like a lazy ass Manu Ginobili who thinks epic failure is just so-so. Captain America (Roger Staubach) would have never dreamed of uttering such a quitter comment. All real Americans LOVE a winner and will not tolerate a loser.

Take your non-paragraph-spaced, illogical, braindead homerism someplace else.

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Start a minute in. Our flamed out Argentine wouldn't be able to say that with any credibility...

He would say, "Oh, well."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5g1avyCSA

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 09:30 PM
unfortunately it's not a troll but a butthurt argentine manutard :lmao

the butthurt is strong on that one

Roger Staubach (an American) once smashed a wall after losing a ping pong game to Danny White. Ping pong! Manu (an Argentine) loses the biggest game of his life and just shrugs, "Oh well."

ElNono
08-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Next time you ferry them around, let them know how you feel... don't forget to bring the Patton youtube with you, I'm sure that'll drive the point home...

spurs10
08-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Next time you ferry them around, let them know how you feel... don't forget to bring the Patton youtube with you, I'm sure that'll drive the point home... :lol

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Next time you ferry them around, let them know how you feel... don't forget to bring the Patton youtube with you, I'm sure that'll drive the point home...

A lot of them do know. They think Manu sucked, too.

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 10:17 PM

I fly Pop. I will give him some jazz about benching Tim.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I fly Pop. I will give him some jazz about benching Tim.

Why stop there? Tell them how you really feel... Mention Manu being a wimp, the bit about Argentina, the whole nine yards... Pop is a humble guy, I'm sure he'll be receptive.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 10:32 PM
heck, I bet sbm would be happy if you crash somewhere :lol

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Why stop there? Tell them how you really feel... Mention Manu being a wimp, the bit about Argentina, the whole nine yards... Pop is a humble guy, I'm sure he'll be receptive.

Well I gave him jazz for trading Bowen and he didn't get mad. He is actually pretty cool.

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 10:56 PM
heck, I bet sbm would be happy if you crash somewhere :lol

The manusuckers would I am sure.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Well I gave him jazz for trading Bowen and he didn't get mad. He is actually pretty cool.

I second that. Like I said, humble guy.

The manusuckers would I am sure.

Don't get me wrong, the tongue-in-cheek comment was about Pop, not you. Although I would disagree about manusuckers being happy. Pop is an instrumental part of Manu having the role he has.

Skull-1
08-22-2013, 11:56 PM
I second that. Like I said, humble guy.

Don't get me wrong, the tongue-in-cheek comment was about Pop, not you. Although I would disagree about manusuckers being happy. Pop is an instrumental part of Manu having the role he has.

i figured you were saying you or they would be happy if I died. I get the joke now. Lol.

TheGreatYacht
08-23-2013, 12:00 AM
I see some interesting conversations happening. My biggest issue with Manu is that on the basketball court he no longer has the passion to win, he no longer has the passion to be the best he can be. Father time has caught up to him. No one that still has an inch of competitive edge on him would say the things that Manu has said such as "so-so" and "I'm not fueled by revenge."

I said the same thing about Manu's lack of passion for the game right after the Heat won the championship and I got called a troll as usual. My music teacher once told me that if I wanted to be a successful musician, my profession (in my case playing a musical instrument) would have to become like my second wife. I would have to make my profession almost as important as my wife and family. In Manu's case, basketball should be his second wife. Basketball should be just as important as family if he wants to be the best he can be on the court.

Perhaps basketball was once the most important thing to Manu but obviously things have changed. The only reason that Manu didn't retire is because of that $14.5 M check the FO waved at him. Seeing those $$$ on the check gave him a little incentive to not retire but sadly he will be playing basketball trying to survive and go through the daily motions that he no longer enjoys all for the sake of money.

So which Spurs fans are right? The Manu apologists such as ElNono, NoFly3rScrub, dallasmavericklose, etc.? Or the non-homer Spurs fans such as Skull, hater, SBM, and myself? Only time will tell. So far, the scales are tipped in favor of the latter.

RD2191
08-23-2013, 12:01 AM
I see some interesting conversations happening. My biggest issue with Manu is that on the basketball court he no longer has the passion to win, he no longer has the passion to be the best he can be. Father time has caught up to him. No one that still has an inch of competitive edge on him would say the things that Manu has said such as "so-so" and "I'm not fueled by revenge."

I said the same thing about Manu's lack of passion for the game right after the Heat won the championship and I got called a troll as usual. My music teacher once told me that if I wanted to be a successful musician, my profession (in my case playing a musical instrument) would have to become like my second wife. I would have to make my profession almost as important as my wife and family. In Manu's case, basketball should be his second wife. Basketball should be just as important as family if he wants to be the best he can be on the court.

Perhaps basketball was once the most important thing to Manu but obviously things have changed. The only reason that Manu didn't retire is because of that $14.5 M check the FO waved at him. Seeing those $$$ on the check gave him a little incentive to not retire but sadly he will be playing basketball trying to survive and go through the daily motions that he no longer enjoys all for the sake of money.

So which Spurs fans are right? The Manu apologists such as ElNono, NoFly3rScrub, dallasmavericklose, etc.? Or the non-homer Spurs fans such as Skull, hater, SBM, and myself? Only time will tell. So far, the scales are tipped in favor of the latter.
:tu

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Start a minute in. Our flamed out Argentine wouldn't be able to say that with any credibility...

He would say, "Oh, well."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5g1avyCSA

"As for other cultures, the American one is superior."

My god, you DO are one motherfucking nazi, I was just trolling you around, but you gave yourself away just like that. I guess your arrogance was just stronger. Lol. On a side note, I don't have anything against Americans, in fact, I like many things from that culture.

Let's see... superior culture? Lol. Well, since you are obviously a fucking piece of ignorant shit, lets shed some light in this matter for you. Firstly, of course, to say a culture is "superior" to others, just like that, that is, not specifying anything else, gives us the idea that you are talking about cultures as a whole. Well, educated people around the world, unlike you, tend to avoid this comparison of cutlures or ethnias, simply because, cultures are essentially made of not measurable things, they are just the way one group of people has of interepreting reality, expressing themselves, including arts, the traditions these people have, and simply the way they live. And it is wise to try and understand each cultur has its identity, and we should give equal value to them. But hey, let's play your ignorant short-sighted game of which cultures are superior in specific things. You have said, little scumbag, that:

"As for other cultures, the American one is superior. It has already incorporated all the best aspects of the others". Aside from that incredibly stupid and absolutely ignorant last sentence, let's see in how many of the measurable things, does your beloved nation, SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHERS, as you say, ranks first:

-Education Index (United Nations): your beloved nation ranks 13th. Oops.

-Human Development Index (United Nations): 3rd. Oops.

-Inequality-adjusted Human Development Index (United Nations): 16th. Double oops.

-GDP (Gross Domestic Product): your beloved nation ranks 7th.

-Life Expectancy (World Health Organisation): your superior nation ranks..... 33!!! Hahhaha...

But hey!!! your culture does rank first in some things:

-Military expenditure: 1st !!!! (your beatiful national anthem plays in background)

-Guns per capita: 1st! With a stunning 94.3 per 100 citizens! Followed by serbia with around 50 per 100.

-External debt: 1st!!! With around 70% more debt than number 2 in the list.

-Incarceration rate: 1st!!! National anthem plays.... but watch out, you are being followed by: 2.Seychelles, 3.Saint Kitts and Nevis, 4.U.S. Virgin Islands, 5.Cuba, 6.Ruwanda, 7.Anguila, 8.Russia, 9.Birith Virgin Islands, 10.El Salvador, 11.Bermuda, 12.Azerbaijan, 13.Belice, 14.Grenada, 15.Panama, 16.Antigua Barbuda, 17.Cayman Islands, 18.Thailand, 19.Barbados and 20.Saint Vincent. Keep it up America!

-Anddd, finally, you once had this one, but those dirty mexicans (I'm being ironic) have stolen the first place lately: http://gawker.com/america-is-no-longer-the-most-obese-country-in-the-worl-714151306 Go go go!

ElNono
08-23-2013, 12:42 AM

I can only speak for myself, but, he's going to be here for two more seasons, no matter who's right or wrong. He's going to get the minutes, and the role. I didn't make those decisions, but I did tell you you were going to be frustrated very early in the offseason :lol

As a fan, I hope he does good, because that improves the Spurs chances. Ultimately, he's going to play well or not, be hurt or not, have the fire or not, regardless of what's posted here.

All that said, keep up the good work on the Kobe threads in the NBA forum. I'll be sure to join you on some of them :lol

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 01:16 AM
"As for other cultures, the American one is superior."

My god, you DO are one motherfucking nazi, I was just trolling you around, but you gave yourself away just like that. I guess your arrogance was just stronger. Lol. On a side note, I don't have anything against Americans, in fact, I like many things from that culture.

Let's see... superior culture? Lol. Well, since you are obviously a fucking piece of ignorant shit, lets shed some light in this matter for you. Firstly, of course, to say a culture is "superior" to others, just like that, that is, not specifying anything else, gives us the idea that you are talking about cultures as a whole. Well, educated people around the world, unlike you, tend to avoid this comparison of cutlures or ethnias, simply because, cultures are essentially made of not measurable things, they are just the way one group of people has of interepreting reality, expressing themselves, including arts, the traditions these people have, and simply the way they live. And it is wise to try and understand each cultur has its identity, and we should give equal value to them. But hey, let's play your ignorant short-sighted game of which cultures are superior in specific things. You have said, little scumbag, that:

"As for other cultures, the American one is superior. It has already incorporated all the best aspects of the others". Aside from that incredibly stupid and absolutely ignorant last sentence, let's see in how many of the measurable things, does your beloved nation, SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHERS, as you say, ranks first:

-Education Index (United Nations): your beloved nation ranks 13th. Oops.

-Human Development Index (United Nations): 3rd. Oops.

-Inequality-adjusted Human Development Index (United Nations): 16th. Double oops.

-GDP (Gross Domestic Product): your beloved nation ranks 7th.

-Life Expectancy (World Health Organisation): your superior nation ranks..... 33!!! Hahhaha...

But hey!!! your culture does rank first in some things:

-Military expenditure: 1st !!!! (your beatiful national anthem plays in background)

-Guns per capita: 1st! With a stunning 94.3 per 100 citizens! Followed by serbia with around 50 per 100.

-External debt: 1st!!! With around 70% more debt than number 2 in the list.

-Incarceration rate: 1st!!! National anthem plays.... but watch out, you are being followed by: 2.Seychelles, 3.Saint Kitts and Nevis, 4.U.S. Virgin Islands, 5.Cuba, 6.Ruwanda, 7.Anguila, 8.Russia, 9.Birith Virgin Islands, 10.El Salvador, 11.Bermuda, 12.Azerbaijan, 13.Belice, 14.Grenada, 15.Panama, 16.Antigua Barbuda, 17.Cayman Islands, 18.Thailand, 19.Barbados and 20.Saint Vincent. Keep it up America!

-Anddd, finally, you once had this one, but those dirty mexicans (I'm being ironic) have stolen the first place lately: http://gawker.com/america-is-no-longer-the-most-obese-country-in-the-worl-714151306 Go go go!

Blah blah blah blah.

America saved Europe twice from the Germans. Saved the world from communism. Landed men on the moon. Invented virtually every single thing on earth that made mankind better, safer, and healthier. Has shed more blood for less treasure to provide more freedom for more people than any nation on earth.

And without our Navy protecting the shipping lanes of the world the entire planet would suffer economically beyond anything you could imagine.

It is the selective amnesia of our ideals and adoption of leftist European wussy ideology that has made us decline.

Simply, we got soft like Manu.

Jealous that America set the standard that nobody has matched?

Please get lost, loser.

spurs10
08-23-2013, 10:12 AM
i figured you were saying you or they would be happy if I died. I get the joke now. Lol. I've been wondering if your employers are aware of your belief that you 'hold the lives of spoiled entertainers and athletes like Manu in the palm(s)sic of your hand.' Seems like they might prefer somebody just a pinch less batshit crazy (Manu pun intended) behind the wheel of their planes !!!??? I'm pretty sure Pop would. I also have more bad news for you....smashing a wall because you lost a ping-pong game is not a sign of strength. Even more bad news, Manu got signed for another two years and will be playing for the Spurs. He's also going to be inducted to the Hall of Fame not long after that!! Watch the Olympics in 2004, the NBA Finals in 2003, 2005, and 2007? Yeah.... he has a real losing mentality.

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Blah blah blah blah.

America saved Europe twice from the Germans. Saved the world from communism. Landed men on the moon. Invented virtually every single thing on earth that made mankind better, safer, and healthier. Has shed more blood for less treasure to provide more freedom for more people than any nation on earth.

And without our Navy protecting the shipping lanes of the world the entire planet would suffer economically beyond anything you could imagine.

It is the selective amnesia of our ideals and adoption of leftist European wussy ideology that has made us decline.

Simply, we got soft like Manu.

Jealous that America set the standard that nobody has matched?

Please get lost, loser.

So you insist, although butthurted, with your extreme right-winger nazi ideology. You know, you are not very different from "the Germans" you refer to (you could have used the term "nazis", because accounting "Germans", just like that, responsible for the two World Wars is a very stupid thing to do, but hey, I understand you are just one ignorant piece of shit, so it's ok, you didn't know. Now you do.

So, what other incredibly stupid and aboslutely ignorant bullshit came out of your mouth:
"[USA]Invented virtually every single thing on earth that made mankind better, safer, and healthier".
Let's then show everyone what a dumfuck stupid motherfucking piece of ignorant shit you are:

-Vaccines (England)
-Aspirin (Germany)
-Photography (France)
-Penicilin (UK)
-Toothbrush (China)
-Encyclopedia (Greece) But I guess you don't count this one as something useful to mankind. HAHAHAH
-Printing Press (Germany)
-Radio (Italy)
-First car (steam-powered in France / combustion-engine in Germany)
-Cement (England)
-X-ray (Germany)
-Microscope (Netherlands)
-Seat-belt (Sweden)
-Thermometer (Italy)
-Locomotive (England)
-Compass (China)
-Soap (Lebanon)
-Canned food (France)
-Electrocardiogram (Netherlands)
-Periodic Table (Russia)
-Eyeglasses (Italy)
-Gunpowder (China)
-Radar (Germany)

And that's just a sample to show you, useless patriotic rat, that your culture couldn't exist the way it does without the contributions from many oher cultures. In fact, many of these cultures are much older than yours, and yours mereley exist because those cultures existed first.

But hey, the invention you find most useful in life was invented by Americans: Viagra!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Well first of all, jerk, American culture is considered Western. Our Founders took the best ideas of Western Civilization and improved upon them, most notably the English. As a result, we became the greatest force for good and the most fertile garden for creativity, ingenuity, human advancement, upward mobility, and quality of life improvement the planet has ever seen.

We advanced the ball forward more than any nation ever because of OUR UNIQUE AND SUPERIOR CULTURE of individual liberty, self-reliance, and constant pursuit of excellence.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I've been wondering if your employers are aware of your belief that you 'hold the lives of spoiled entertainers and athletes like Manu in the palm(s)sic of your hand.' .

Yes, which is why I receive the best training in the world, fly the most well maintained jets on the planet, and am paid appropriately for my level of responsibility. Nothing crazy about it. The next time you fly thank the crew for taking their job seriously to protect you. They don't have eight turnovers in a Game Six. Talk about crazy.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I prefer Cialis myself.

Therese are just off the top of my head....

Basketball - USA (Oh the irony.)
Powered Flight - USA
Lasers - USA
Light Bulbs - USA
Transistors -USA
Satellites- USA
Anesthesia
Sextant
Atomic Power
Polio Vaccines (multiple)
Assembly Line
Cotton Gin
Microwave
Fiberglass
Bicycle

And the four things your ridiculous self is using to hurl unwarranted insults at me:

The Internet
Air Conditioning
Personal Computer
Swivel Chair

And probably using the microwave above to cook your frozen food. Another American invention among millions.

Any way........

spurs10
08-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes, which is why I receive the best training in the world, fly the most well maintained jets on the planet, and am paid appropriately for my level of responsibility. Nothing crazy about it. The next time you fly thank the crew for taking their job seriously to protect you. They don't have eight turnovers in a Game Six. Talk about crazy.It's not a question of the degree of training, I'm wondering if the FAA is aware of your unveiled threats against your passengers, and overt racist and bigoted views. When you spout off it's your decision whether the 'spoiled entertainers' live or die by your whim, it is a threat. I'm not challenging your proficiency by any means. Obviously, I find it doubtful you're not just trolling and probably are a male stewardess or something in real life. Believe me, I'm haunted by the loss more than most! :toast

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Well first of all, jerk, American culture is considered Western. Our Founders took the best ideas of Western Civilization and improved upon them, most notably the English. As a result, we became the greatest force for good and the most fertile garden for creativity, ingenuity, human advancement, upward mobility, and quality of life improvement the planet has ever seen.

We advanced the ball forward more than any nation ever because of OUR UNIQUE AND SUPERIOR CULTURE of individual liberty, self-reliance, and constant pursuit of excellence.

Well, something is pretty clear now, you are sinking in ignorance.

Let's see, you say "we became the greatest force for good".

The reason why America carried out most of the wars it has is not "for common good", as your superhero comic book education seems to have taught you, but rather for defending American economical interests or controlling new resources or markets.

This has been the case during the banana wars, during the early 20th century. For example, Panama, country that the US occupied for decades, forcing it to split from Colombia, so that the Panama isthmus, later a channel, would be under US control (and remained under US control until the year 2000!!!). Or Honduras, where America had fruit companies exploiting that country and its people. Ooops.

The same is true in 1960's Congo Crisis. Where the US-supported forces killed that country's first democratically ellected president, a revolutionary in Congo's independence from Belgium. After that the US supported a dictatorship. Oooops.

The same happened and happens in Middle East, where the US has great deal of interests, mainly related to oil. For example, in the Iraq-Iran war, where the US supported dictator Saddam Hussain. Oooops.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I am glad Americans own firearms, BTW. That is an inherently good thing as they save lives, particularly those assaulted by bigger, stronger attackers. My wife would have been likely raped and killed without a handgun. She shot an intruder with a Sig Sauer in the chest after he broke into our home while I was away. She put two 9mm rounds into him and he fled. Collapsed in the driveway. Any place else in the world she would have been a helpless victim. Thank God for our Right to Bear Arms in the USA.

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 02:15 PM
I prefer Cialis myself.

Therese are just off the top of my head....

Basketball - USA (Oh the irony.)
Powered Flight - USA
Lasers - USA
Light Bulbs - USA
Transistors -USA
Satellites- USA
Anesthesia
Sextant
Atomic Power
Polio Vaccines (multiple)
Assembly Line
Cotton Gin
Microwave
Fiberglass
Bicycle

And the four things your ridiculous self is using to hurl unwarranted insults at me:

The Internet
Air Conditioning
Personal Computer
Swivel Chair

And probably using the microwave above to cook your frozen food. Another American invention among millions.

Any way........

Ohh, but you are deflecting right now. The point is not whether the American culture has made a huge, or even the biggest contribution techonologically to mankind. Hahaha, you are trying to deflect. Be a man now, not the coward rat you are showing to be. You said America had invented virtually everything that makes human beings life a safer life, blah blah, and before that you said American culture had incorporated ALL the good aspects of other cultures. Be a man, then, not a coward now. Defend that point or.... change your mind, sure. And those two incredibely arrogant and ignorant statements you've made are still there, like a dark putrid stain in you.

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 02:19 PM
By the way, the bycicle was invented in Germany. And, one more interesting point. Many, if not most, of those inventions you claim are American, were done in close collaboration with other nations, because this guys that must look really weird to you, the scientist, generally aren't at all concerned with nationalism, but with human kind development. And another thing, many, if not most of those things invented in America, where invented by guys you "imported" from other countries, from Europe, those same "imports" you are now critizising, are what your nation of inmigrants is made of. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Another one, the light bulb was invented in Europe long before Thomas Edison perfected it. HAHAHAHAHAH, you suck retard

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Well, something is pretty clear now, you are sinking in ignorance.

Let's see, you say "we became the greatest force for good".

The reason why America carried out most of the wars it has is not "for common good", as your superhero comic book education seems to have taught you, but rather for defending American economical interests or controlling new resources or markets.

This has been the case during the banana wars, during the early 20th century. For example, Panama, country that the US occupied for decades, forcing it to split from Colombia, so that the Panama isthmus, later a channel, would be under US control (and remained under US control until the year 2000!!!). Or Honduras, where America had fruit companies exploiting that country and its people. Ooops.

The same is true in 1960's Congo Crisis. Where the US-supported forces killed that country's first democratically ellected president, a revolutionary in Congo's independence from Belgium. After that the US supported a dictatorship. Oooops.

The same happened and happens in Middle East, where the US has great deal of interests, mainly related to oil. For example, in the Iraq-Iran war, where the US supported dictator Saddam Hussain. Oooops.

Blah blah blah.

Listen up, it'samanuidiot...

If America was only interested in its own well being we would go back to being isolationists. We wouldn't have rebuilt Germany and Japan after crushing them in World War II (the former on behalf of the entire European continent...a war in which the industrial might of this nation produced roughly 3/4 of everything on the planet!).

We wouldn't have defended South Korea and later Vietnam on behalf of their people, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.

We wouldn't have opened communist and socialist countries to the wonderous free market system, most notably China.

We would have taken those precious oil fields for ourselves and obliterated anyone who dared stand in the way.

We would not have made friends with our adversaries.

America has opened up the world at her own expense. Frankly, I would prefer we were more selfish. I preferred cheap gas and lower prices for stuff. I liked it when we were the industrial might of the world with people of principle who didn't outsource factories to save a nickel.

I will be the first to say i would prefer the us to take a slightly more passive role in things. If we were selfish as you claim...and as i would prefer....we would draw a line in the Central Pacific and tell China: You cross this and you're done. Otherwise, have fun. Then we would pursue self-reliance and independence on energy much like Brazil has done. We could let the world eat itself and be like the Swiss....neutral and quiet.

If selfish as you claim.....

We would stop defending Europe at our own expense and tell South Korea and Japan to make it on their own. We wouldn't be borrowing money we don't have from people who hate us to turn around and defend people we also borrow from to pay the defense bill. The lunacy of that is staggering.

As for the Panama Canal.... The Panamanians didn't seem to mind the wealth that flooded into their country with that arrangement. For my money the place is just another two-bit backwards banana republic. Very glad my boss doesn't travel there any more!

So take your anti-American crap someplace else. The day is coming when there will not be a United States umbrella of protection over the world. There won't be a USA to save your sorry ass the next time it winds up in the fire...

People love to hate us, but when the chips are down, the first question people ask is, "Where are the Americans?"

resistanze
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Another one, the light bulb was invented in Europe long before Thomas Edison perfected it. HAHAHAHAHAH, you suck retard

WELL, if it wasn't perfect then it wasn't worth having, was it? Idiot.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:37 PM
It's not a question of the degree of training, I'm wondering if the FAA is aware of your unveiled threats against your passengers, and overt racist and bigoted views. When you spout off it's your decision whether the 'spoiled entertainers' live or die by your whim, it is a threat. I'm not challenging your proficiency by any means. Obviously, I find it doubtful you're not just trolling and probably are a male stewardess or something in real life. Believe me, I'm haunted by the loss more than most! :toast

I haven't said anything racist and there are no threats, veiled, unveiled, or otherwise. I am entrusted with lives behind me, beside me, around me, and below me every day. That is a fact. How you can twist that into a threat as opposed to a statement of responsibility is beyond rational comprehension. Put the crack pipe down, brah. If I make a mistake at my job the results can be far more catastrophic than a turnover in a basketball game. The point was and is....people like Manu are paid millions to do their job right and when they don't, "oh well" doesn't cut it.

if I made an error and hurt or killed someone with whose life I am entrusted it wouldn't be an "oh well."

if I damaged something or made a mistake that cost my owner a fine it wouldn't be an "oh well."

if I careened wildly through the sky in a careless and reckless manner it wouldn't be an "oh well."

Grow a friggin brain. There is nothing even remotely racist, bigoted, or threatening in what I have said and....the FAA does not legislate opinions. We still have a First Amendment in this nation.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Ohh, but you are deflecting right now. The point is not whether the American culture has made a huge, or even the biggest contribution techonologically to mankind. Hahaha, you are trying to deflect. Be a man now, not the coward rat you are showing to be. You said America had invented virtually everything that makes human beings life a safer life, blah blah, and before that you said American culture had incorporated ALL the good aspects of other cultures. Be a man, then, not a coward now. Defend that point or.... change your mind, sure. And those two incredibely arrogant and ignorant statements you've made are still there, like a dark putrid stain in you.

Virtually. That is a qualification that does not mean ENTIRELY.

But let's clarify slightly: invented, and if not invented, perfected and made available for the common masses of humankind.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
By the way, the bycicle was invented in Germany. And, one more interesting point. Many, if not most, of those inventions you claim are American, were done in close collaboration with other nations, because this guys that must look really weird to you, the scientist, generally aren't at all concerned with nationalism, but with human kind development. And another thing, many, if not most of those things invented in America, where invented by guys you "imported" from other countries, from Europe, those same "imports" you are now critizising, are what your nation of inmigrants is made of. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, because our culture of innovation and freedom allowed people who fled despotic hellholes all over the world to thrive as Americans. Which perfectly makes my case that American culture at its peak was the greatest the world has ever seen and refutes any suggestion that America has not embraced other cultures in shaping her own.

anakha
08-23-2013, 06:38 PM
This might be the most retarded derail I've seen on this board yet. Bravo.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Well, this idiot wants to argue about America sucking on an Internet forum about basketball!

The number of ironies contained in just that statement alone is absolutely astounding.

Without America that clown wouldn't be on this forum for probably a hundred reasons. But everything from the game to the rubber in the ball....the film the game is taped on....the satellite that sends it to the world....the tv that shows it....the computers that control all of it....the remote he uses....the swivel chair....the planes that fly the teams...the internet...on and on and on...were invented by AMERICANS.

Would someone have done it without The United States and its culture/system/freedom? Eventually. Maybe. Who knows when? But it was done here. To denigrate that is laughable and ignorant.