PDA

View Full Version : Damascus gas attack

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 10:57 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE97K0EL20130821

I gotta agree with the Russians on this one...

The Russian spokesman said: "This cannot but suggest that once again we are dealing with a pre-planned provocation. This is supported by the fact that the criminal act was committed near Damascus at the very moment when a mission of U.N. experts had successfully started their work of investigating allegations of the possible use of chemical weapons there."

FuzzyLumpkins
08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE97K0EL20130821

I gotta agree with the Soviets on this one...

1) The Soviet Union has not existed for decades at this point, boomer.
2) Either the people were gassed or they were not. It's not very difficult to figure out if mustard gas/sarin is the cause of death.

scroteface
08-21-2013, 12:37 PM
2) Either the people were gassed or they were not. It's not very difficult to figure out if mustard gas/sarin is the cause of death.
People being gassed isn't proof of Syrian government involvement.

anyway why wouldn't you trust your soviet brothers? They were so awesome when your American government idols fought for them in ww2 tbh.

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Boy you are really slow.

The point was the rebels could have done it to themselves to try to frame the government so that international help would come in on their side (Remember Obama's red line?)

FuzzyLumpkins
08-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Boy you are really slow.

The point was the rebels could have done it to themselves to try to frame the government so that international help would come in on their side (Remember Obama's red line?)

Sure and they could have launched it using grappling cannons like the SWAT teams use 'all the time.'

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Sure and they could have launched it using grappling cannons like the SWAT teams use 'all the time.'

Yes grappling guns exist and yes they are frequently used. Your stupid is showing again.

boutons_deux
08-21-2013, 01:04 PM
If the Syrian govt did it, then we'll see if Barry backs up his "red line" statement.

If the rebels did it, they will have defeated themselves, sooner or later.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes grappling guns exist and yes they are frequently used. Your stupid is showing again.

You think they are going to use the below model to take out the Suez Canal?

Hb5zJtzbG4Q

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Your stupid is showing again.

cheguevara
08-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Russians once again with the truth bombs. But lets go ahead and hear the senators mcain, and his gang of warmongers to kick and scream on the floor so average americans start spilling blood in Syria too

scroteface
08-21-2013, 05:58 PM
mccain needs to strap the fuck up with an AK and go fight like these guys if he feels so strongly about it, that satanic piece of fucking dogshit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/04/us-syria-crisis-usa-fighters-idUSBRE95318D20130604

don't send someone else in to do your fighting, sack up and do that shit your fucking self. be a man, before real men here at home decide to yank your weak ass from power and try you for crimes. if you feel like something needs to be done, nothing is stopping you from buying a plane ticket and heading over to fight pussybitches.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2013, 06:21 PM
When McCain went to go "fight" in Vietnam all he ended up doing was crashing a bunch of planes :lol

Then of course he pulled the :cryPOW:cry card as a politician when he was only a POW because he was such a shitty pilot :lmao

DMC
08-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Muthafuckin' Genoa.

cheguevara
08-21-2013, 06:31 PM
the other even bigger senile warmonger than Mcain is Lindsey Graham. This piece of shit has been screaming war with Iran and Syria for an entire year already.

Have your children or grandchildren lead the charge senator. We'll follow right behind them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2013, 06:33 PM
the other even bigger senile warmonger than Mcain is Lindsey Graham. This piece of shit has been screaming war with Iran and Syria for an entire year already.

Have your children or grandchildren lead the charge senator. We'll follow right behind them.
Have you seen how inseparable Graham and McCain have been for the last year? The way the go around with each and warmonger together gives the impression they're also hitting each other in the shorts, if you know whottt I mean.

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/April/McCain%20Graham%20419.jpg?1366434971

cheguevara
08-21-2013, 06:45 PM
let's take a look at the facts:
- Syrian government has been wiping the floor with the insurgents
- Obama promises aid to insurgents if Assad uses chemical weapons
- insurgents then accuse Assad of using chemical weapons
- UN mission is sent to verify, Assad allows them to
- Assad still keeps winning battle after battle vs insurgents
- With the UN mission in the neighborhood, a chemical attack happens and a bunch of ppl die

yes, senator graham and mcain have hit the nail on the head, we must all conclude Assad fired those weapons :lmao

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 07:26 PM
- With the UN mission in the neighborhood, a chemical attack happens and a bunch of ppl die

yes, senator graham and mcain have hit the nail on the head, we must all conclude Assad fired those weapons :lmao

x2

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2013, 07:30 PM
graham is totally irrelevant. i switch the channel every time he comes on. and yes i know i am not using caps. on cell phone hold bitching at time warner.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
graham is totally irrelevant. i switch the channel every time he comes on. and yes i know i am not using caps. on cell phone hold bitching at time warner.
:lol I was in that same boat 2 weeks ago. Ended up getting a free month.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 06:37 PM

He has only been one of the most influential senators for the last couple of decades. The only thing that is irrelevant is your political acumen.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 06:41 PM

Syria had hardly been wiping the floor with them. For the past year they have been fighting over territory surrounding the capital. Much of the north has been in rebel hands for a year or there about. Every indication has been 'stalemate.'

We do know that Assad's military has chemical weapons. The tin foil time is saying that people we don't know to have the weapons used them on themselves. You don't happen to be a twoffer do you?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Have you seen how inseparable Graham and McCain have been for the last year? The way the go around with each and warmonger together gives the impression they're also hitting each other in the shorts, if you know whottt I mean.

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/April/McCain%20Graham%20419.jpg?1366434971

They along with McConnell and Ryan are the senate neocon cabal. It's not the warmongering so much as Ryan and the tea party polarizing the GOP.

Wild Cobra
08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
mccain needs to strap the fuck up with an AK and go fight like these guys if he feels so strongly about it, that satanic piece of fucking dogshit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/04/us-syria-crisis-usa-fighters-idUSBRE95318D20130604

don't send someone else in to do your fighting, sack up and do that shit your fucking self. be a man, before real men here at home decide to yank your weak ass from power and try you for crimes. if you feel like something needs to be done, nothing is stopping you from buying a plane ticket and heading over to fight pussybitches.

McCain needs to retire, and go away.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-23-2013, 07:04 PM
McCain is actually not bad on economic issues, arguably better than Obama tbh. He's just a senile neocon who'd bankrupt this country with wars, so his economic views don't matter rofl rofl.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 09:18 PM
McCain is actually not bad on economic issues, arguably better than Obama tbh. He's just a senile neocon who'd bankrupt this country with wars, so his economic views don't matter rofl rofl.

Following the snl crisis, he led the charge to reregulation. Now he was one of those that allowed the deregulation in the first place but he freely admitted that he fucked up and set out and successfully went to correct it. I like McCain. If I voted for party candidates, I would have voted for him over Obama back in 08.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 09:20 PM
I also think its hilarious that 'conservatives' like to shit all over him as they fellate the likes of Rand Paul and Ted Cruz while they prop up Reagan as some sort of messiah. It's ironic really.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Following the snl crisis, he led the charge to reregulation. Now he was one of those that allowed the deregulation in the first place but he freely admitted that he fucked up and set out and successfully went to correct it. I like McCain. If I voted for party candidates, I would have voted for him over Obama back in 08.
Back in 2008 I didn't expect Obama to be a neoconservative Wall Street whore. Maybe that was naive, but Obama certainly campaigned differently than he acted.

Even still, there's no way I could have brought myself to vote Sarah Palin a heart beat away from the presidency.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Back in 2008 I didn't expect Obama to be a neoconservative Wall Street whore. Maybe that was naive, but Obama certainly campaigned differently than he acted.

Even still, there's no way I could have brought myself to vote Sarah Palin a heart beat away from the presidency.

Obama was a Chicago politician. I have family from Illinois and have heard too many stories from the Daley era. He certainly lives up to that legacy. Crooked to the core. I get what you are saying about Palin though. Hard to vote for stupid.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Apparently we are preparing to give Assad the missile.

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - CBS News has learned that the Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces. We say "initial preparations" because such an attack won't happen until the president gives the green light. And it was clear during an interview on CNN Friday that he is not there yet.

"If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country, without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented," the president told CNN, "then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it -- 'do we have the coalition to make it work?' Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57599944/u.s-preps-for-possible-cruise-missile-attack-on-syrian-govt-forces/

angrydude
08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
more peace bombs from the nobel peace prize winner

scroteface
08-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Apparently we are preparing to give Assad the missile.

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - CBS News has learned that the Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces. We say "initial preparations" because such an attack won't happen until the president gives the green light. And it was clear during an interview on CNN Friday that he is not there yet.

"If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country, without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented," the president told CNN, "then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it -- 'do we have the coalition to make it work?' Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57599944/u.s-preps-for-possible-cruise-missile-attack-on-syrian-govt-forces/

fuck em, i hope it means death for this govt if so. the russians and iranians aren't going to take this sitting down, enough of this war mongering time to rip these assholes from power.

angrydude
08-23-2013, 10:51 PM
The most funny part about it is that it is well known the rebels are Islamists who are basically al Queda. It is also known that Assad is an asshole dictator. Since the two are fighting, and the US can't let any fighting go on anywhere in the world without picking a side, the US is going to cruise missle Syria for Al Queda, who we have to give up all our privacy and report on our neighbors in order to stop.

And they call it sensible foreign policy.

scroteface
08-23-2013, 10:54 PM
dude, they use al qaeda as a threat to menace the west they run al qaeda they are a US govt controlled organization..we have to give them strength so that we have a foe for the military industrial complex to go up against and scare us into giving up our freedoms

AntiChrist
08-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Reading the banter between fuzzy and DoK reminds me of the scene in Breakin Bad where Badger and Skinny Pete are discussing their Star Trek theories and I am Jesse, a very reluctant observer.

QOYyFTjqZa0

FuzzyLumpkins
08-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Reading the banter between fuzzy and DoK reminds me of the scene in Breakin Bad where Badger and Skinny Pete are discussing their Star Trek theories and I am Jesse, a very reluctant observer.

QOYyFTjqZa0

Thanks ditch digger. You remind me of nothing interesting but rather a dullard minion type

boutons_deux
08-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Air War in Kosovo Seen as Precedent in Possible Response to Syria Chemical Attackhttp://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/world/air-war-in-kosovo-seen-as-precedent-in-possible-response-to-syria-chemical-attack.html?from=homepage

Bill_Brasky
08-24-2013, 06:50 AM

QOYyFTjqZa0

It's probably because you're a dumbass.

EVAY
08-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I agree that McCain has only one tool in his toolbox, and that tool is "boots on the ground". The American electorate appears to have zero appetite for more war anywhere anytime. And I agree with the American electorate on this one.

Thing is, Obama has this horrid habit of saying things he can't/won't back up, and then looking foolish and/or impotent for having said it.

That applies to Gitmo, and Iraq and Syria.

Like others in here have said, I couldn't make myself vote to have Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from an elderly, cancer-ridden McCain, and I never could stomach McCain's "American military might is the answer to every foreign policy question in the world", but Obama just looks like a fool again on the international stage.

scroteface
08-24-2013, 01:51 PM
this is basically what's about to go down in syria

http://i.imgur.com/SZR3sSB.png

not really oil directly, but indirectly by getting rid of iranian influence in the oil rich region in order to dominate it

cheguevara
08-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Obama perhaps should mention why he and the West are trying to cover up the real attrocities in Syria:

Khan al-Assal massacre:
The Khan al-Assal Massacre[5] was committed by Syrian rebels against government loyalists after the capture of Khan al-Assal by the armed opposition on 22 July 2013, during the Syrian civil war. Opposition activists attributed the massacre to the jihadist group Jabhat al-Nusra—an al-Qaida associate—and claimed the execution of 51 unarmed soldiers and officers, while government media claimed that the Ansar al-Khalifa Brigade killed 123 people, including both soldiers and civilians

yes that's right, the "freedom fighters" with direct ties to Al-Qaeda mass executed ppl.

and don't forget this name Khan al-Assal, that is where back in March the same "freedom fighters" used chemical weapons against Syrian army:

Khan al-Assal was the site of a chemical weapons attack allegedly carried out by rebels in March 2013. In an analysis for Iranian PressTV, Finian Cunningham said that the massacre was carried out with the aim to erase evidence for the chemical attack and eliminate witnesses.

let's review the facts one more time Mr. Obama:
- Syrian rebels used chemical weapons in March 2013 in camp Khan al-Assal
- Then in order to cover up the attrocity, they execute everyone that was there (123 people at least)

cheguevara
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Obama is sadly Bush Jr. #2, he is even using same strategy to "find the WMDs, emmh I mean Chemical Weapons":
“The management of the UN Secretariat demanded that Damascus agree to the establishment of a permanent mechanism for inspection throughout Syrian territory with unlimited access to everywhere. … The proposed scheme of inspections is similar to those used at the end of the last century in Iraq, which, unlike Syria, was under UN sanctions.”

“This approach brings to mind the line taken over an investigation into the presence of chemical weapons in Iraq, which was based on deliberately false data and led to well-known consequences,” it said, … “We consider such actions unacceptable and inadmissible by any party and moreover by the leadership of the U.N. Secretariat.“”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/was-the-syria-chemical-weapons-probe-torpedoed-by-the-west/5333671

what's next, will they bring Colin Powell out of retirement so he can come in and make a Syria Power Point Presentation showing the Chemical Weapons? :lmao

what a joke this guy Obama is. Hope and change :lol

ElNono
08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Obama is sadly Bush Jr. #2, he is even using same strategy to "find the WMDs, emmh I mean Chemical Weapons"

Probably gonna take another 6 years to translate the documents too... :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
They have physical evidence of actual gas ie clothing, blood, tissue and urine samples. They have doctor interviews as well. The conspiracy in this case is that the rebels somehow got the chemical weapons and then used them on themselves as the Russians, Iranians, as well as some fools at this board contend.

If you want to compare it to Iraq, I would also further point out that both France and Germany are on board with the findings unlike the unilateral action that Bush took. I suppose they are in on the conspiracy to get the US to go to war by having the rebels gas themselves. But hey I guess conflating the two men and their policies is fun anyway.

It's like the stupid take earlier of the rebels getting wiped by Assad when the attack took place in fighting in the outskirts of Damascus ie the seat of Assad's power.

scroteface
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
They have physical evidence of actual gas ie clothing, blood, tissue and urine samples. They have doctor interviews as well. The conspiracy in this case is that the rebels somehow got the chemical weapons and then used them on themselves as the Russians, Iranians, as well as some fools at this board contend.

If you want to compare it to Iraq, I would also further point out that both France and Germany are on board with the findings unlike the unilateral action that Bush took. I suppose they are in on the conspiracy to get the US to go to war by having the rebels gas themselves. But hey I guess conflating the two men and their policies is fun anyway.

It's like the stupid take earlier of the rebels getting wiped by Assad when the attack took place in fighting in the outskirts of Damascus ie the seat of Assad's power.

dude the rebels have already been caught using chemical weapons back in march. why would assad allow the UN observers in, then turn around and sign his own death wish? that doesn't even make any sense.

how bout this, since you feel so strongly about it, where's your ak 47? strap it to your back, buy a plane ticket, and get the fuck out of my country. i'm tired of going to war to service the interests of ultra elite, tarnishing our image around the globe, and spending ourselves into oblivion over total horse shit. i don't give a motherfuck what goes on in syria, it isn't my problem. cowards like you want to send someone else's kid in to harms way to fight these feel good wars because you've been brainwashed into thinking it's the "right thing to do" when in reality you should grow a pair of balls and go volunteer for the FSA if you feel it's a worthy cause. go ahead pussy, man up to your beliefs. when i believe in something, you'd better believe i'm willing to fight for it. you could learn something from that.

scroteface
08-25-2013, 08:14 PM
going to war and attacking another country isn't a fucking game, you mofo's really piss me off. they already declared it was assad as soon as the fucking weapon went off. no investigation, just every media outlet coming out in unison crying for justice against the big mean assad. shit is so prescripted it makes me sick. and even if it wasn't, who gives a shit? i value an american life over a syrian one. we cannot police the rest of the world indefinitely, that's idiotic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Lets say, for the sake of argument, Assad is using chemical weapons. What exactly does that do to warrant US involvement? I don't understand why it's even a big deal. Even if Assad is using chemical weapons en mass, no one in their right mind should want the US getting involved.

The whole WMD issue with Iraq has made people completely lose site of the fact that even if Iraq had WMDs, it would have still been a retarded war on our part. A sovereign country having WMDs/chemical weapons doesn't automatically mean the US needs to get involved.

scroteface
08-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Lets say, for the sake of argument, Assad is using chemical weapons. What exactly does that do to warrant US involvement? I don't understand why it's even a big deal. Even if Assad is using chemical weapons en mass, no one in their right mind should want the US getting involved.

The whole WMD issue with Iraq has made people completely lose site of the fact that even if Iraq had WMDs, it would have still been a retarded war on our part. A sovereign country having WMDs/chemical weapons doesn't automatically mean the US needs to get involved.

you've been acting like a fuckhead for a while but very well said, these guys with mass stockholm syndrome agreeing with the govt pushing for war are idiots.

call me an asshole, i dont give a fuck about what happens in syria

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Obama is sadly Bush Jr. #2, he is even using same strategy to "find the WMDs, emmh I mean Chemical Weapons":
“The management of the UN Secretariat demanded that Damascus agree to the establishment of a permanent mechanism for inspection throughout Syrian territory with unlimited access to everywhere. … The proposed scheme of inspections is similar to those used at the end of the last century in Iraq, which, unlike Syria, was under UN sanctions.”

“This approach brings to mind the line taken over an investigation into the presence of chemical weapons in Iraq, which was based on deliberately false data and led to well-known consequences,” it said, … “We consider such actions unacceptable and inadmissible by any party and moreover by the leadership of the U.N. Secretariat.“”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/was-the-syria-chemical-weapons-probe-torpedoed-by-the-west/5333671

what's next, will they bring Colin Powell out of retirement so he can come in and make a Syria Power Point Presentation showing the Chemical Weapons? :lmao

what a joke this guy Obama is. Hope and change :lol

grateful I didn't vote for the guy, looks like my BS radar hasn't gone offline.

he might be worse than Bush because you could criticize the shit out of Bush, but if you insult Obama, you're a r:crycist.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 08:40 PM
you've been acting like a fuckhead for a while but very well said, these guys with mass stockholm syndrome agreeing with the govt pushing for war are idiots.
I think it's the whole WMD issue that dragged on for years. There was so much hemming and hawing over WMDs in Iraq that it subconsciously tricked people into thinking WMDs are a much bigger deal than they are.

The amount of people who have allegedly died via Assad's chemical weapons is a fraction of the amount of people that died in Sudan's decade long genocide. It's totally ludicrous when Bush/Obama draw these lines in the sand about what kind of killing is acceptable.

thunderup
08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
grateful I didn't vote for the guy, looks like my BS radar hasn't gone offline.

he might be worse than Bush because you could criticize the shit out of Bush, but if you insult Obama, you're a r:crycist.

He is worse than Bush partner. That's fact. Saying as much in this forum gets you the label of being a :cry bible thumping neocon :cry by bigots like DOK

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 08:42 PM
He is worse than Bush partner. That's fact.
No, that's actually opinion :lol

:lol outing yourself as a right winger

scroteface
08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
He is worse than Bush partner

what the hell is the difference?

thunderup
08-25-2013, 08:45 PM
No, that's actually opinion :lol

:lol outing yourself as a right winger

:lol no factual basis to label me a right winger

:lol sensitive bigoted neolibtard

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 08:48 PM
:lol no factual basis to label me a right winger

:lol sensitive bigoted neolibtard
:lmao not having any idea what "neoliberal" means. You must be really fuckin stupid if you think I'm a "neoliberal"

:lol using labels and having no idea what they mean

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 08:54 PM
what the hell is the difference?

scro

not much, though least Bush seemed like an American and it was popular to criticize him. Comedians and media types are still hesitant to really go after Hussein, plus IIRC, the nsa stuff has gotten worse.

scroteface
08-25-2013, 09:00 PM
it's racist to attack obama for stuff he is legitimately doing :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 09:01 PM
As far as civil liberties and foreign policy I'd agree Obama has been basically as bad as Bush. Renewing the Patriot Act, not closing Gitmo, NDAA, etc. The War in Iraq is the tie breaker as Obama hasn't done something that costly and stupid (yet).

On economic issues Obama has been bad but Bush was still worse. Bush took a net national surplus and an economy at 3% unemployment and made it the worst economy since the great depression with record national deficits.

scroteface
08-25-2013, 09:03 PM
As far as civil liberties and foreign policy I'd agree Obama has been basically as bad as Bush. Renewing the Patriot Act, not closing Gitmo, NDAA, etc. The War in Iraq is the tie breaker as Obama hasn't done something that costly and stupid (yet).

On economic issues Obama has been bad but Bush was still worse. Bush took a net national surplus and an economy at 3% unemployment and made it the worst economy since the great depression with record national deficits.

agreed with the rest but it was actually about 4.1 to be fair, i dont think the US has ever had 3% unemployment as long as it's ever been tracked

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah that's prolly right.

One other issue I'll even give to Bush over Obama is the War on Drugs. Bush didn't really do anything one way or the other while Obama filled the DEA with nanny state assholes who send on SWAT teams to arrest fuckin marijuana users.

Out of all the black leaders in this country Cornel West is the only one to call Obama out for increasing racist drug enforcement to its highest level ever. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton know it's happening and don't say a word about it even though they both have the national stage to actually put pressure on Obama to end the War on Drugs as a 2nd term president with no reelection to worry about.

DPG21920
08-25-2013, 09:27 PM

Not that it's really related to the topic, but :lol. Arguably better? Obama is an awful President who has no idea what he is doing both domestically and foreign.

Also, welcome to American politics. Campaigns are well run marketing campaigns designed to actually make people think someone will do what they say. For someone who is probably smart, you should know not to vote on what you hear during the campaign tours.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Not that it's really related to the topic, but :lol. Arguably better? Obama is an awful President who has no idea what he is doing both domestically and foreign.
:lol as if John the plane crasher McCain would have known what he was doing. He couldn't even find a vice presidential candidate who knew Africa was a continent.

Also, welcome to American politics. Campaigns are well run marketing campaigns designed to actually make people think someone will do what they say. For someone who is probably smart, you should know not to vote of what you hear on the campaign tours.
In 2008 I voted off which candidate didn't pick a retard-making bimbo as his running mate, which candidate's voting record didn't go with Bush 90% of the time, and which candidate was voting against the war in Iraq from the start. Who did you vote for? It's not like I picked Obama over some amazing alternative.

FTR, in 2012 I voted 3rd party, which I'll definitely do again in 2016 if H-Rod is the Democratic candidate.

DPG21920
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
I didn't vote. There was no one worth my vote. My point is Obama is an awful President IMO and he has shown repeatedly that he has no idea what he's doing economically, with foreign policy or with just about anything. I also think people are so funny when they allow someone who is clearly not qualified to be president persuade them with campaign jargon and cheerleading.

People get focused on the weirdest stuff when they should be focused on the debt, economy and major issues that impact our country. It's hilarious how someone kissing a baby will win people over :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2013, 09:45 PM
I didn't vote. There was no one worth my vote. My point is Obama is an awful President IMO and he has shown repeatedly that he has no idea what he's doing economically, with foreign policy or with just about anything. I also think people are so funny when they allow someone who is clearly not qualified to be president persuade them with campaign jargon and cheerleading.
Obama didn't persuade anybody. The partial-birth abortions he was running against are what persuaded people. In a two party system you just need to be the lesser of two evils which is pretty easy to do when you're running against Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan or John McCain and Sarah Palin.

People get focused on the weirdest stuff when they should be focused on the debt, economy and major issues that impact our country. It's hilarious how someone kissing a baby will win people over :lol
There's a giant elephant in the room that's the cause for America's obsession with sentimental bullshit and weird stuff like kissing babbehs and being the "Guy you wanna have a beer with!" that you don't see in countries like Britain, Germany, Canada or Japan. The ironic part is it's an elephant you'd never want to address.

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
In a two party system you just need to be the lesser of two evils
And that's exactly why this stupid-ass two-party system is entrenched, tbh.... instead of voting for an evil, people need to stop being lazy and do some fucking research, and maybe actually consider third parties instead of swallowing all the shit that the DNC and GOP serve us....

I disagree that Obama was the "lesser of two evils" against McCain or Willard - anyone with a brain could see that there was really no major difference between the two, tbh....

DPG21920
08-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Obama didn't persuade anybody. The partial-birth abortions he was running against are what persuaded people. In a two party system you just need to be the lesser of two evils which is pretty easy to do when you're running against Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan or John McCain and Sarah Palin.

There's a giant elephant in the room that's the cause for America's obsession with sentimental bullshit and weird stuff like kissing babbehs and being the "Guy you wanna have a beer with!" that you don't see in countries like Britain, Germany, Canada or Japan. The ironic part is it's an elephant you'd never want to address.

Well despite everything else, IMO, Mitt was way more qualified than Obama despite the fact people seemed to hate him personally. I cared about 3 issues give or take and Mitt seemed better equipped to deal with those economic issues. Obama is like Jim Buss.

cheguevara
08-25-2013, 10:36 PM

let me be the one to break it to you. the rebels are in possession of chemical weapons which they got from Lybia:
http://larouchepac.com/node/27875

On January 28, 2013, the website Land Destroyer published documents allegedly "hacked" belonging to the U.K.-based defense contractor Britam, which show the company considering an offer from Qatar to use Libyan chemical weapons in Homs, Syria. Land Destroyer reports that "The plan involves using Britam's Ukrainian mercenaries and Soviet-era chemical weapon shells brought in from Libya's large, Al Qaeda-linked, Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) controlled arsenals."

:lol France, UK and the rest or Europe are a joke and nothing more than US pawns. Their economy is fucked, so now they do the US bidding like pathetic slugs. They need US to bail them out.

oh and Germany is NOT on board:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has stated that the civil war in Syria must be resolved with political means, opposing suggestions for international military intervention.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=153121

what's stupid is thinking the UN is acting correctly by not looking into the Khan Al-Assal site of which there is resounding evidence of a chemical attack by the rebels. Instead the dogs France and UK rewrite a request to Syria to allow UNLIMITED access to the inspectors, thus stalling the inspection.

angrydude
08-26-2013, 01:35 AM

At least Bush knew how to blow a god damn bubble into the economy. Obama can't even do that right.

angrydude
08-26-2013, 01:37 AM
I voted for Gary Johnson because I saw an ad where he promised to stop droning people. Good enough for me.

TDMVPDPOY
08-26-2013, 02:13 AM
wouldnt it be better to have assad take out the rebels/muslim brotherhood/alqueda?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-26-2013, 11:28 AM
On January 28, 2013, the website Land Destroyer published documents allegedly "hacked" belonging to the U.K.-based defense contractor Britam, which show the company considering an offer from Qatar to use Libyan chemical weapons in Homs, Syria. Land Destroyer reports that "The plan involves using Britam's Ukrainian mercenaries and Soviet-era chemical weapon shells brought in from Libya's large, Al Qaeda-linked, Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) controlled arsenals."

So you are going by alleged, uncorroborated documents that a Libyan based AQ organization has chemical weapons to claim that the Syrian rebels then used to gas themselves. Nice.

Oh and from your sources about page.

Lyndon LaRouche and LaRouchePAC continue to sound the certain trumpet on both the nature of the current collapse and a viable solution to it. It is now undeniable; as the euro continues its free fall amidst increasing ungovernability, threatening to pull the entire world economy down with it, the threat of thermonuclear warfare, sparked by the tinder box of the Middle East with a crazed puppet Obama, blazes stronger everyday. Reporting on these facts at this point, as many are doing now, is simply describing symptoms of the sickness.

France, UK and the rest or Europe are a joke and nothing more than US pawns. Their economy is fucked, so now they do the US bidding like pathetic slugs. They need US to bail them out.

:lol

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has stated that the civil war in Syria must be resolved with political means, opposing suggestions for international military intervention.

Show me where it says they believe the rebels gassed themselves. Actually show me something credible that the rebels gassed themselves. You Armageddon blog didn't even do that.

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 03:09 PM
So you are going by alleged, uncorroborated documents that a Libyan based AQ organization has chemical weapons to claim that the Syrian rebels then used to gas themselves. Nice.

it's the more plausible explanation. Assad had nothing to gain from the use of chemical attacks and everything to lose. On the other hand rebels had everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Oh and from your sources about page.

so what? any child could easily deduce that rebels have chemical weapons in Syria:
- Libyan Al-Qaeda rebels went to Syria to fight - fact
- These same rebels were in possession of chemical weapons in Libya - fact
- These same rebels brought their weapons they stole from Lybian army via Qatar and are using them in Syria - fact

now you are telling me you believe they decided not to bring their chemical weapons because they want to fight a clean fight?

"Hey mohameed, should we bring our chemical weapons?"
"nah bro, we are the good guys, we don't roll like that..." :lol

Show me where it says they believe the rebels gassed themselves. Actually show me something credible that the rebels gassed themselves. You Armageddon blog didn't even do that.

never said that. Just disputing your claim that "germans are on board with US, UK, France" that is BS

pgardn
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM

Also, welcome to American politics. Campaigns are well run marketing campaigns designed to actually make people think someone will do what they say. For someone who is probably smart, you should know not to vote on what you hear during the campaign tours.

So you voted for Obama based on his campaign.
Got it.

pgardn
08-26-2013, 03:32 PM

The biggest elephant is the atheist or agnostic.

People asked when will a black man ever become elected...
I ask, when will an admitted atheist or agnostic become president?

DPG21920
08-26-2013, 03:34 PM
So you voted for Obama based on his campaign.
Got it.

Huh?

Wild Cobra
08-26-2013, 03:37 PM

They all do.

You have too look at what the history of their actions, not what they promise.

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM

>70%+ of US is Christian. You can't win with <30% of the vote

pgardn
08-26-2013, 03:40 PM
They all do.

You have too look at what the history of their actions, not what they promise.

47% said it all last election. Off air to constituents.

pgardn
08-26-2013, 03:41 PM
>70%+ of US is Christian. You can't win with <30% of the vote

Uhh what are the % of black voters Sherlock?

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Uhh what are the % of black voters Sherlock?

because a white voter voting for a black man = a christian voting for a non-christian :rolleyes

pgardn
08-26-2013, 03:45 PM
because a white voter voting for a black man = a christian voting for a non-christian :rolleyes

So a self proclaimed Christian could never vote for an agnostic?
And the 70% number, you really believe that's accurate? I don't. You can poll for an opinion, but not skin color.

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
So a self proclaimed Christian could never vote for an agnostic?
And the 70% number, you really believe that's accurate? I don't. You can poll for an opinion, but not skin color.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/identify-christian.aspx

pgardn
08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/identify-christian.aspx

No wonder.
I was raised Catholic and identify myself as Catholic. But religiously I would be agnostic, especially to the family.
I don't think I'm alone. And I could definitely vote for someone who states they don't know. It's more of a cultural upbringing for me to call myself Catholic.

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
"To us, it looks as though [George W.] Bush, [Dick] Cheney and [Donald] Rumsfeld never left the White House," says Alexei Pushkov, chair of the State Duma's international affairs committee.

"It's basically the same policy, as if US leaders had learned nothing and forgotten nothing in the past decade. They want to topple foreign leaders they regard as adversaries, without even making the most basic calculations of the consequences. An intervention in Syria will only enlarge the area of instability in the Middle East and expand the scope of terrorist activity. I am at a complete loss to understand what the US thinks it is doing," he says.

truth bomb

DPG21920
08-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Do people who voted for Obama even like Obama anymore?

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 04:45 PM

I didn't vote. After I saw the disgrace that was the Obama vs. Romney foreign policy debate, I laughed and decided not to vote. Those 2 were agreeing on everything :lol

fucking pieces of shit

but I admit I was rooting for Obama, just for the sole fact that Romney promised to sell even more of the country to the corporations

but now, I am not sure I would even root for Obama

That's Funked Up
08-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Did people who voted for Obama have a better option?

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm really starting to like Obama. You young healthy liberals will have to buy health insurance now which will subsidize my older employees...I can drop health coverage and give them an "Obamacare bonus" and still put 40K more a year in my pocket...and the more he fucks up in North Africa and the Middle East the higher oil prices go and the better the South Texas economy does and the more money I make. I realize that long term it will fuck up the US economy bad but my kids and grandkids will be set and it's just you liberal fuckheads in dead end jobs voting for this shit that will take it in the ass.

Big Empty
08-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm really starting to like Obama. You young healthy liberals will have to buy health insurance now which will subsidize my older employees...I can drop health coverage and give them an "Obamacare bonus" and still put 40K more a year in my pocket...and the more he fucks up in North Africa and the Middle East the higher oil prices go and the better the South Texas economy does and the more money I make. I realize that long term it will fuck up the US economy bad but my kids and grandkids will be set and it's just you liberal fuckheads in dead end jobs voting for this shit that will take it in the ass.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."-Jesus

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-26-2013, 06:20 PM

I think you're agreeing with me but not sure tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Well despite everything else, IMO, Mitt was way more qualified than Obama despite the fact people seemed to hate him personally. I cared about 3 issues give or take and Mitt seemed better equipped to deal with those economic issues. Obama is like Jim Buss.
Mitt's experience doesn't make his shitty supply-side ideas that have repeatedly failed in the past any less shitty. His economic plan of "Cut taxes for the rich so da wealth trickles down, cut spending in everything EXCEPT the military which should actually spend $200 billion more annually than it already does, and deregulate everything all over again!" was no different than Dubya's economic plan that sent us into a recession. The fact he had great "experience" as a leveraged buyout guru who bankrupted K.B. Toys doesn't change how shitty his plan was.

DMC
08-26-2013, 06:51 PM

They like his black side, not his white side. Unfortunately it's his white side that won the 2nd term.

pgardn
08-26-2013, 06:53 PM
I think you're agreeing with me but not sure tbh.

I think the pachyderm falls under the bolded with religion.
Agree.

Personally I like a beverage with an old fashioned atheist.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Mitt's experience doesn't make his shitty supply-side ideas that have repeatedly failed in the past any less shitty. His economic plan of "Cut taxes for the rich so da wealth trickles down, cut spending in everything EXCEPT the military which should actually spend $200 billion more annually than it already does, and deregulate everything all over again!" was no different than Dubya's economic plan that sent us into a recession. The fact he had great "experience" as a leveraged buyout guru who bankrupted K.B. Toys doesn't change how shitty his plan was.

LOL Boutons without the autobot cliches.

They all lie on their talking points to get elected. *see Barack Obama*

I think Mitt would have been more pragmatic on what the US could and could not accomplish on foreign policy.

Really irrelevant at this point. Obamas legacy will be that he destabilized every autocratic regime in North Africa and the Middle East (in the name of "democracy") leaving the gate wide open for Islamic Zealots.

Deal with it.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-26-2013, 08:22 PM
it's the more plausible explanation. Assad had nothing to gain from the use of chemical attacks and everything to lose. On the other hand rebels had everything to gain and nothing to lose.

so what? any child could easily deduce that rebels have chemical weapons in Syria:
- Libyan Al-Qaeda rebels went to Syria to fight - fact
- These same rebels were in possession of chemical weapons in Libya - fact
- These same rebels brought their weapons they stole from Lybian army via Qatar and are using them in Syria - fact

now you are telling me you believe they decided not to bring their chemical weapons because they want to fight a clean fight?

"Hey mohameed, should we bring our chemical weapons?"
"nah bro, we are the good guys, we don't roll like that..." :lol

never said that. Just disputing your claim that "germans are on board with US, UK, France" that is BS

You completely ignored my asking for a credible source that the rebels had chemical weapons or that the stolen chemical weapons were in syria. As such you have not established anything as fact. Your tin foil Ho Chi min trail in the arab world is also unsubstantiated. Neither does your 'logic' demonstrate and your dialogue is just made up nonsense. I could just as easily say that they were saving them for attacks on western targets corroborated by evidence that OBL and current leader Zawihiri prefer western targets over arab targets because it turns muslims against their cause.

Further, you indeed claimed that they used the chemical weapons that were used against the rebels ie themselves. You also argued about Germany but that does not preclude you making the other argument. Germany indeed agrees that Syria used chemical weapons they just don't support armed intervention which I never claimed anyway.

All in all you are a tin hat conspiracy nut anyway as you have demonstrated over and again. If you come up with something credible then I will respond else the last word is yours.

boutons_deux
08-26-2013, 09:21 PM
TRMS had a great take on American hypocrisy tonight.

Reagan, etc knew their ally Saddam was gassing Iranians in the '80s, including nerve gas, but there was no outrage then. Now, massive outrage about the gassing in Syria.

cheguevara
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
:lmao I'm not going to do the homework for you lazylumpkins

it's proven fact that Al-Qaeda militans from Libya are fighting in Syria, it's a proven fact that they are bringing their weapons from Lybia via Qatar. It's on the internet, go and look it up. If you're too lazy then go ahead and call me a tin foil conspiracist.

and no you said "germany is on board" when they are nowhere near the board. Feel free to post credible sources thou :lol

symple19
08-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Foreign Policy reporting that intercepted phone calls are the "proof" Assad carried out the attack http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/27/exclusive_us_spies_say_intercepted_calls_prove_syr ias_army_used_nerve_gas

pgardn
08-27-2013, 09:18 PM
TRMS had a great take on American hypocrisy tonight.

Reagan, etc knew their ally Saddam was gassing Iranians in the '80s, including nerve gas, but there was no outrage then. Now, massive outrage about the gassing in Syria.

Actually there was.

But not enough to bomb who we backed.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Foreign Policy reporting that intercepted phone calls are the "proof" Assad carried out the attack http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/27/exclusive_us_spies_say_intercepted_calls_prove_syr ias_army_used_nerve_gas

Foreign Policy is an excellent example of a credible source.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
:lmao I'm not going to do the homework for you lazylumpkins

it's proven fact that Al-Qaeda militans from Libya are fighting in Syria, it's a proven fact that they are bringing their weapons from Lybia via Qatar. It's on the internet, go and look it up. If you're too lazy then go ahead and call me a tin foil conspiracist.

and no you said "germany is on board" when they are nowhere near the board. Feel free to post credible sources thou :lol

So I am supposed to look up your contentions and I am also supposed to support my own contentions? That is so obviously hypocritical it's sad.

We both know that your sources are Alex Jonesesque nonsense blogs. I don't blame you for not wanting to post them again as it certainly makes you seem like tin hat material.

You go ahead and continue to agree with the Russians and Iranians and I will continue to look to credible sources such as the one a few posts above.

Spurs da champs
08-27-2013, 11:22 PM

That's a bit misleading, the title is:

"Exclusive: Intercepted Calls Prove Syrian Army Used Nerve Gas, U.S. Spies Say"

Still no proof that Assad or any of his Commanders ordered a "chemical attack" let alone conducted one!

symple19
08-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Foreign Policy is an excellent example of a credible source.

Yep. Its staff is littered with former officials from various administrations.

At this point I believe the attack came from the Assad side due to the the reports I've read. There's also this: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-27/assad-s-brother-seen-linked-to-syria-chemical-attack.html

Fuzzy, here's a good opinion piece on what the Obama administration may have planned for Syria. Makes a lot of sense http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/08/27/heres-why-obama-is-giving-up-the-element-of-surprise-in-syria/

Still, I don't agree with the decision, if it's been made, to use force. I also continue to believe that the rebels are capable of committing atrocities against innocents if it will further their goals.

Spurs da champs
08-27-2013, 11:36 PM
How surprising:

:rolleyes

symple19
08-27-2013, 11:43 PM
That's a bit misleading, the title is:

"Exclusive: Intercepted Calls Prove Syrian Army Used Nerve Gas, U.S. Spies Say"

Still no proof that Assad or any of his Commanders ordered a "chemical attack" let alone conducted one!

True, basically hearsay, but thats about as good as we're (the public) going to get right now. I don't have much faith in the Obama administration, but with the unified front being presented by western nations and the UN, it stands to reason that the intel is pretty fucking solid. France being so vocal in support is a big indicator.

Of course, as I've said repeatedly, it's still idiotic to use force and deepen our involvement

angrydude
08-27-2013, 11:43 PM
As for the nerve gas claim from before there are two sources which were reported in newspapers world wide

Washington times quoting UN official

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

Yahoo quoting Russian officials
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-syrian-rebels-made-used-sarin-nerve-gas-165341940.html

But of course you're better off believing the US media which was 100% sure there were WMDs in Iraq and clearly don't want to go to war this time.

Spurs da champs
08-27-2013, 11:44 PM
"Suspected" does not mean guilty, Saddam was "suspected" of having weapons of mass destruction; we all know how that turned out. Their is no smoking gun to indicate the Assad govt orchestrated the attacks, just a sad case of wishful thinking on part of the west.

True, basically hearsay, but thats about as good as we're (the public) going to get right now. I don't have much faith in the Obama administration, but with the unified front being presented by western nations and the UN, it stands to reason that the intel is pretty fucking solid. France being so vocal in support is a big indicator.

Of course, as I've said repeatedly, it's still idiotic to use force and deepen our involvement

The same was said in 2003:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSs3Ch9CAAE506U.jpg

With western support (especially the reliable U.K) might I add.

symple19
08-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Just going off what is available. I don't wear a tin hat, and am more than happy to say I was wrong if compelling evidence surfaces that the rebels were behind the most recent gas attack, which is what's being discussed here

Do yourselves a favor and go read my post on the first page of the war monger thread that koolaidman started. It clearly establishes my position on this

Also, using meme's to back up your arguments is weak as fuck. So is posting shit from wikileaks that's two years old. Calm down, i'm basically on the same side of this as you are

Spurs da champs
08-28-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm not attacking you (tho it would help if you weren't so gullible) & the meme just further illustrates the similarity with Iraq & now Syria, all hearsay with no conclusive evidence yet "fucking solid intel" from the West. This has to be questionable, to just assume that Assad used chemical weapons because the Media is telling you so isn't a thorough way of thinking & so narrow minded. The Wikileaks link is also relevant because the U.S has been planning this for 2 damn years!

TDMVPDPOY
08-28-2013, 03:44 AM
alqaeda aka freedom fighters aka outsourced by america govt to start civil wars to profit...costs cheaper then blackwater mercenaries...

Wild Cobra
08-28-2013, 09:15 AM
"Suspected" does not mean guilty, Saddam was "suspected" of having weapons of mass destruction; we all know how that turned out. Their is no smoking gun to indicate the Assad govt orchestrated the attacks, just a sad case of wishful thinking on part of the west.

The same was said in 2003:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSs3Ch9CAAE506U.jpg

With western support (especially the reliable U.K) might I add.
You forgot the reliable intel that said Iraqs weapons went into Syria.

TeyshaBlue
08-28-2013, 09:24 AM
There are almost 200 nations on this planet.

Let's take a pass on this one.

TDMVPDPOY
08-28-2013, 09:35 AM
assad outcome will be like the clowns b4 him who fell for the bait

FuzzyLumpkins
08-28-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm not attacking you (tho it would help if you weren't so gullible) & the meme just further illustrates the similarity with Iraq & now Syria, all hearsay with no conclusive evidence yet "fucking solid intel" from the West. This has to be questionable, to just assume that Assad used chemical weapons because the Media is telling you so isn't a thorough way of thinking & so narrow minded. The Wikileaks link is also relevant because the U.S has been planning this for 2 damn years!

In Iraq they never found found WMD from the moment the inspectors started looking. They made stupid theories avbout mobile labs.

In this case they have bodies, tissue, urine, blood, etc samples. Doctor testimony and all manner of proof. Even the Iranians and Russians do not dispute that gas was used. They say they gassed themslelves which is on the level of trucks carrying labs.

Further it should be little surprise that we would try and facilitate regime change in a country that is hostile to our allies in Israel and the Saudis, an ally to our enemiy in Iran as well as being a pipeline to Hezbollah which contributes in no small way to the instability in Lebanon and Palestine. To act as if this is some startling revalation is downright naive especially given the historical context of US foreign policy over the last 70 years. If you want to rail against said policy, our choice of allies etc then discuss that but it should be plain as day what are intentions have been in that region to anyone paying a whit of attention.

Further I would add that lumping all sources that he is using to form his opinion as 'the media' just goes to show how narrowminded your position is. All I see you doing here is using confirmation bias and limited sources to come to your conclusion just as you lump everyone else into some monolith that you feel fine with using a blanket dismissal.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Yep. Its staff is littered with former officials from various administrations.

At this point I believe the attack came from the Assad side due to the the reports I've read. There's also this: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-27/assad-s-brother-seen-linked-to-syria-chemical-attack.html

Fuzzy, here's a good opinion piece on what the Obama administration may have planned for Syria. Makes a lot of sense http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/08/27/heres-why-obama-is-giving-up-the-element-of-surprise-in-syria/

Still, I don't agree with the decision, if it's been made, to use force. I also continue to believe that the rebels are capable of committing atrocities against innocents if it will further their goals.

I'm on the fence. A regime change would probably result in another Sunni state and with the rise of the Salafi, I don't like how that portends. A sunni hegemony in the western part of the region is troubling.

At the same time they are a conduit for Hezbollah and that is problematic. Shia is not that much better. Also the use of chemical weapons without reprecussions is not a good precedant to allow.

Clipper Nation
08-28-2013, 10:20 AM
I think Mitt would have been more pragmatic on what the US could and could not accomplish on foreign policy.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SA210
08-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I remember years ago when forum morons laughed when I posted this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

boutons_deux
08-28-2013, 03:36 PM
"I think Mitt would have been more pragmatic on what the US could and could not accomplish on foreign policy."

Like he knew what he could and could not accomplish with SLC Olympics without begging for federal money.

Mitt wouldn't stand up to anybody in the MIC. But he'd tough as nails standing up to any attempt to regulate, tax, restrain the financial sector.

lefty
08-28-2013, 04:50 PM
alqaeda aka freedom fighters aka outsourced by america govt to start civil wars to profit...costs cheaper then blackwater mercenaries...
froof bombs

rascal
08-30-2013, 05:39 PM

I am still not buying health insurance.

Wild Cobra
08-30-2013, 07:47 PM
I remember years ago when forum morons laughed when I posted this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

You are such a tool...

His story isn't completely accurate.

October 31, 1998 U.S. President Bill Clinton had signed into law H.R. 4655. It takes time to decide how to act on something, 9/11 pushed the timeline to being real.

Link to Clinton declaring war on Iraq: H.R.4655 -- Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate] - ENR) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c105:H.R.4655.ENR:)

H.R.4655
Latest Title: Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
Sponsor: Rep Gilman, Benjamin A. [NY-20] (introduced 9/29/1998) Cosponsors (1)
Related Bills: H.R.4664, S.2525
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 105-338 [GPO: Text, PDF]ALL ACTIONS: (Floor Actions/Congressional Record Page References)

9/29/1998:
Referred to the House Committee on International Relations.

10/2/1998:
Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
10/2/1998:
Committee Agreed to Seek Consideration Under Suspension of the Rules, (Amended) by Voice Vote.

10/1/1998:
Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR E1857)
10/5/1998 6:12pm:
Mr. Gilman moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H9486-9494)
DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
10/5/1998 6:54pm:
At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 5, rule I, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
10/5/1998 7:26pm:
Considered as unfinished business.
10/5/1998 7:33pm:
On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 360 - 38 (Roll No. 482).
10/5/1998 7:33pm:
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
10/6/1998:
Received in the Senate, read twice.
10/7/1998:
Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S11811-11812)
10/7/1998:
Cleared for White House.
10/8/1998:
Message on Senate action sent to the House.
10/20/1998:
Presented to President.
10/31/1998:
Signed by President.
10/31/1998:
Became Public Law No: 105-338.

SA210
08-31-2013, 02:39 AM
You are such a tool...

His story isn't completely accurate.

October 31, 1998 U.S. President Bill Clinton had signed into law H.R. 4655. It takes time to decide how to act on something, 9/11 pushed the timeline to being real.

Link to Clinton declaring war on Iraq: H.R.4655 -- Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate] - ENR) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c105:H.R.4655.ENR:)

Clark was right on their plans. I know you're mad that I brought up Bush, but I'm not a Clinton fan either if that makes you feel any better.

How could anyone forget Clinton being responsible for half a million Iraqi children deaths? Ooops, I wonder why they hate us..

Wild Cobra
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Clark was right on their plans. I know you're mad that I brought up Bush, but I'm not a Clinton fan either if that makes you feel any better.

How could anyone forget Clinton being responsible for half a million Iraqi children deaths? Ooops, I wonder why they hate us..
Clark is a fool too.

Th'Pusher
08-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Breaking news: Obama to ask congress for approval.

He boxed himself in a door Ed with the redline jargon. Will congress bail him out?

boutons_deux
08-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Breaking news: Obama to ask congress for approval.

He boxed himself in a door Ed with the redline jargon. Will congress bail him out?

great news

Obama tripped over his own red line, and now red-state tea baggers will help him get up and step back by voting against Obama

(they will NOT be voting against bombing. All Tea Bagger Extremist Obstructionist Purist Politics, All The Time.)