PDA

View Full Version : Lakers talking to Stoudamire, Payton

fastestxc
07-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Riverside Press Enterprise (registration required): " Aaron Goodwin, the agent for both Gary Payton and Damon Stoudamire, said Wednesday there is mutual interest between his clients and the Lakers and there have been "positive conversations" about one of the veteran guards possibly joining the Lakers."

spurschick
07-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Riverside Press Enterprise (registration required): " Aaron Goodwin, the agent for both Gary Payton and Damon Stoudamire, said Wednesday there is mutual interest between his clients and the Lakers and there have been "positive conversations" about one of the veteran guards possibly joining the Lakers."

Payton would go back to the Lakers?!

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Payton is losing his legacy by not retiring and continuing to play,....he is clearly past his starting days.

CavsSuperFan
07-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Correct me if I am wrong...But didn’t Payton start every game for the Celtics last year? I don’t think he is washed up...The Lakers traded him after he took less money to play with Shaq & Malone...Two sides to every story...

In other news...Second-round pick Ronny Turiaf, was held out of half the summer-league season because of complications with his physical... It is possible the contract Turiaf signed a week ago will be invalidated and the Lakers will lose another big man...

Brian Grant, due $30 million over the next two seasons, can be waived - saving the Lakers $30 million in luxury-tax charges... However, they would lose Grant, one of their few proven big men, still have to pay his salary and have no logical mechanism for replacing him... Plus a rival team could sign Grant and use him against the Lakers...The Drama Continues... :lol

CavsSuperFan
07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Damon Stoudamire?...Put him in the starting line up with Lamar Odom and instead of the Bad Boys, The Lakers could have the Blunt Boys...

Medvedenko
07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
The Lakers need to sign a PG quick....this is getting stupid. They are so worried about having cap room in 07 that they are wasting picking up talent right now. I also here they are looking to get Steve Francis....the drama continues is right.

itzsoweezee
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
haha, i would love if either of these fools ends up on the lakers. faker fans were so high on AD and then he goes to the wiz. fakers losing out on earl watson too would be the icing on the cake.

Medvedenko
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Yes us "Fakers" losing out on AD is such a crippling blow...I would like to see him in the line-up but a guy that couldn't supercede Luke Ridinour at the point and being 30 yrs old asking for a 5 year deal is too much. The Lakers will be fine trust me.

itzsoweezee
07-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes us "Fakers" losing out on AD is such a crippling blow...I would like to see him in the line-up but a guy that couldn't supercede Luke Ridinour at the point and being 30 yrs old asking for a 5 year deal is too much. The Lakers will be fine trust me.

payton and stoudamire wouldn't start over ridnour either. and neither of them are the player that AD is at this point. but having to settle for either of them rather than earl watson is going to really hurt. the lakers don't have much of a lineup this year. maybe von wafer isn't just a summer league star and will do something in the league, maybe kwame brown isn't a headcase and one of the biggest busts in league history, maybe kobe can learn to live w/ the triangle and get along w/ phil, maybe touriaff will be an upgrade from Mihm. overall, those are a lot of maybes. i think the better bet is the lakers are headed back to lottery land. you really better hope that one of those big name free agents is coming over in 2007, b/c this laker crew isn't doing anything special on its own.

Medvedenko
07-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, they were in the playoff hunt until their coach tanked and Kobe and Lamar were injured 25% of the season. This year it's already better than last. Running the triangle will help and having more balance will do wonders. It should be fun.

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Dream about getting Francis why don't ya..

The truth is, you are not getting anything special with Kobe in your team, he's a greedy mothafucka..and now fans are payin for it.

You guys still have an ugly team.

Medvedenko
07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey "sense" our ugly team has won a shit load more rings than your ugly team will ever win. We are still the premier franchise in the NBA and still have the most talented player in the game. Hey gloat all you want....I'm not worried, there's still a lot of time before training camp...and if you look at the triangle PG's that played with Phil...let's just say they aren't HOF or All-star material.

clubalien
07-21-2005, 05:11 PM
trade beno +rasho for odom?

Medvedenko
07-21-2005, 05:13 PM
clubalien...you have to be kidding....I really hope so.

MajicMan
07-21-2005, 05:21 PM
We all know spurs fans are jealous of our franchises success and how we abused them in the past. The only time they have won anything is when we don't.

David Robinson is one of the most overrated overhyped big men of all time. If he was half as good as Shaq he should have won something on his own. Spurs fans talk about how he took a step back for TD but in actuality he could never get it done on his own.

Tim Duncan is good but he is also the most boring and ugliest superstar ever. Have you ever listened to studdering Tim interview? Somebody press the MUTE button!

I think you guys are mad because you're the champions and nobody cares. The most boring franchise in sports. Funny how you guys are all cocky now after the break up of the Lakers. Talking after the fact. We have celebrities and you have fat chicks. Texas is the obese captial of the world.

People hate us for the same reason they hate the Yankees. Success/Jealousy

itzsoweezee
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
sorry, i can't get jealous over a lottery bound team. start posting about the lakers once your team is actually relevant again. until then, pray that andrew bynum isn't a bust.

Sense
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey "sense" our ugly team has won a shit load more rings than your ugly team will ever win. We are still the premier franchise in the NBA and still have the most talented player in the game. Hey gloat all you want....I'm not worried, there's still a lot of time before training camp...and if you look at the triangle PG's that played with Phil...let's just say they aren't HOF or All-star material.

Phil Jackson's there for the seats...

And I'm not talking about history moron.. I've always respected the lakers' history, except for the Shaq,Kobe era..

I'm talking about your current team idiot.

It's gonna be another failure.

Mark in Austin
07-21-2005, 08:41 PM
David Robinson is one of the most overrated overhyped big men of all time. If he was half as good as Shaq he should have won something on his own.

Hey dumbass, neither Kobe nor Shaq have ever won anything on their own either. The only superstar-type player that even comes close to carrying a team by himself in the last 15 years was Hakeem's first championship with the Rockets before Drexler joined him.

a-puppy
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey "sense" our ugly team has won a shit load more rings than your ugly team will ever win.

If not for the Lakers, the Spurs fans would've been witness to the view of 6 titles in 7 years. Three's okay though -- but it's more impressive to do it 3 years in a row.