PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers Targeting 3 Players With One Roster Spot Left - Who Do We Pick?

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:42 AM
If we could land all 3 to add to our depth we would have a very balanced team......I say add all 3 and cut two players to make some room...our bench would be bad ass with these signings....we're now targeting:

Lou Amundson - can score in the paint and is scrappy
Mike Beasley - as soon as the Suns release him we'll get him a medical marijuana card and be done with it
Lamar Odom - a nice Point Forward that can control the ball, hit the boards, and defend...

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/08/21/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-lou-amundson-could-provide-good-minutes-off-the-bench/

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Goal is to move from the 12th seed to the 9th?

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:44 AM

as constructed now we're 6-7th seed...

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:45 AM
if I recall the Rox won the title in 95 after being in the 6th spot..so there is a precedence

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:45 AM
They had a superstar.

Spursfan092120
08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
:lmao depending on Amundson, Beasley, and Kardashian to bring you back to relevance. You're off your fucking rocker, Kool.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:48 AM
They had a superstar.

stop with the intellectual dishonesty....we had potential...D12 will sizzle the first 2 months of the season then his back will start hurting...just like with Bynum we got rid of him in the nick of time...Dwight will face the same fate and the Rockets will be left holding the bag....I can't wait to start laughing :lol....

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:51 AM
:lmao depending on Amundson, Beasley, and Kardashian to bring you back to relevance. You're off your fucking rocker, Kool.

I would like to see them on my bench....imagine us with a bench of :

Odom
Amundson
Beasley
Meeks
Blake
Farmar
Kaman
Blake

That's called depth...and tbh would be the best in the league

Venti Quattro
08-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Lamar Odom is all I can see, Koolaid_Man.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:52 AM
stop with the intellectual dishonesty....we had potential...D12 will sizzle the first 2 months of the season then his back will start hurting...just like with Bynum we got rid of him in the nick of time...Dwight will face the same fate and the Rockets will be left holding the bag....I can't wait to start laughing :lol....
Except you traded Bynum. Then got on all fours and pulled a Monica Lewinski to get Dwight to stay, also leaving a stain on your dress.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Except you traded Bynum. Then got on all fours and pulled a Monica Lewinski to get Dwight to stay, also leaving a stain on your dress.

it's called due diligence...trying to appease a fan base by covering our asses (just in case) the fact that Kobe clowned him and said you just need to follow my lead and let me show you how to be a champ actually proves they didn't really want his ass...No way Kobe says that shit to him if they really wanted him to stay..real talk..Kobe is a real nigga...he basically told Dwight get the fuck outta town Nigga

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Lamar Odom is all I can see, Koolaid_Man (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19058).

so you don't think Amundson and Beasely would be good pick-ups? I think they'd be even better than Odom tbh

Venti Quattro
08-22-2013, 09:57 AM

Bynum was often injured physically and mentally. I would've preferred him to stay but he was giving the team and fans no option with his behavior. Injured while bowling? Get the fuck out of here. You are paid millions of bucks and freak accidents like that shouldn't happen. Who the fuck gets injured in bowling?

Dwight, he can probably carry a franchise but he can't carry a franchise with the weight of the Lakers. His supposed dominance can't cover for his atrocious freethrow shooting. There is still one Superman and his jersey is above Staples Center. The Lakers tried (or begged, whichever side you are) but unfortunately he chose to sign with another team.

For the Lakers, they gotta roll with the punches and move on.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
it's called due diligence...trying to appease a fan base by covering our asses (just in case) the fact that Kobe clowned him and said you just need to follow my lead and let me show you how to be a champ actually proves they didn't really want his ass...No way Kobe says that shit to him if they really wanted him to stay..real talk..Kobe is a real nigga...he basically told Dwight get the fuck outta town Nigga
By offering his sister's body to persuade him to stay? :lol Nash wanted to build him a statue :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Bynum was often injured physically and mentally. I would've preferred him to stay but he was giving the team and fans no option with his behavior. Injured while bowling? Get the fuck out of here. You are paid millions of bucks and freak accidents like that shouldn't happen. Who the fuck gets injured in bowling?

Dwight, he can probably carry a franchise but he can't carry a franchise with the weight of the Lakers. His supposed dominance can't cover for his atrocious freethrow shooting. There is still one Superman and his jersey is above Staples Center. The Lakers tried (or begged, whichever side you are) but unfortunately he chose to sign with another team.

For the Lakers, they gotta roll with the punches and move on.

It never fares well for players that think they're sticking it to the Lakers...Dwight will pay for his malfeasance...I'm far from sad he's gone...my biggest gripe with him was that he had the temerity to ask the Lakers to end the Kobe era just for his dumb ass...I just can't wrap my mind around what it in fucks sake makes him thinks he's even remotely close to Kobe's level even at 35 yrs of age...Dude has a mental sickness

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
By offering his sister's body to persuade him to stay? :lol Nash wanted to build him a statue :lol

and Cuban wrote a cartoon script for him...so again your point is?

they all tried playing to his cartoonish and child-like mindset..you're the only mental light weight that can't see it..maybe because you and D12 share the same IQ :lol

Venti Quattro
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
It never fares well for players that think they're sticking it to the Lakers...Dwight will pay for his malfeasance...I'm far from sad he's gone...my biggest gripe with him was that he had the temerity to ask the Lakers to end the Kobe era just for his dumb ass...I just can't wrap my mind around what it in fucks sake makes him thinks he's even remotely close to Kobe's level even at 35 yrs of age...Dude has a mental sickness

I was hoping they weren't gonna get involved in any Dwilight drama, but they did with the #STAYD12 banners and social media campaign.

They gotta realize LA's cap room is wide open in 2014. They may not sign a LeBron James (because he'll never leave Miami) but they have a chance to build a team that they can put out on the Staples Center floor every night.

Signing Dwight was gonna be a bigger mistake than all of his baby mommas, and I'm glad they got The Rejection.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
and Cuban wrote a cartoon script for him...so again your point is?

they all tried playing to his cartoonish and child-like mindset..you're the only mental light weight that can't see it..maybe because you and D12 share the same IQ :lol
Jerry aka Vito would have just said fuck it, let him go. No signs, no banners. :lol Fredo.

Sportcamper
08-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Its a start in the right direction...tbh

hehateme
08-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't worry Kool, you guys still got the caveman Kaman to fall back on.

RsxPiimp
08-22-2013, 11:19 AM
I'd pick bease for sure though part of me wants to see gasol odom kobe again

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 11:32 AM
You know things are getting desperate when Lakerfan is begging for Beasley :lol

Spursfan092120
08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
I would like to see them on my bench....imagine us with a bench of :

Odom
Amundson
Beasley
Meeks
Blake
Farmar
Kaman
Blake

That's called depth...and tbh would be the best in the league
:lmao :lmao :lmao

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
not sure if kool is a terrible troll, or just stupid

whitemamba
08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
If we could land all 3 to add to our depth we would have a very balanced team......I say add all 3 and cut two players to make some room...our bench would be bad ass with these signings....we're now targeting:

Lou Amundson - can score in the paint and is scrappy
Mike Beasley - as soon as the Suns release him we'll get him a medical marijuana card and be done with it
Lamar Odom - a nice Point Forward that can control the ball, hit the boards, and defend...

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/08/21/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-lou-amundson-could-provide-good-minutes-off-the-bench/

:lol

Thebesteva
08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
I want Lamar on this team....one last hoorah towards a first round exit like the mighty 300 spartans

rayjayjohnson
08-22-2013, 04:24 PM
jason collins

Donkeybong
08-22-2013, 04:33 PM
lamar and pau work well together. but who knows where lamar's conditioning and mind is at? Beasely would be interesting, because he's athletic and fits nicely into Mike D's system. Fuck Amundson

Buddy Mignon
08-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Only Odom. Kobe can get him back to normal. The other two are losers.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Only Odom. Kobe can get him back to normal. The other two are losers.

Now, I'm as hetero as the next guy, but comparing Naruto to the last time he was shirtless(I dunno, during the Chuunin exam when he was catching fish?), he's actually got some muscle definition now. I'm sure some fangirl out there is prepared to write some crazy Kakashi/Naruto/Yamato yaoi piece just based on having a bunch of sweaty shirtless Naruto's splashing around in the water from this chapter. Seriously, that guy's turning into a hunk of beefcake, by gawd...

...ahem. Yeah, as hetero as the next guy.

But seriously...he's no scrawny runt anymore. Now, if only Sasuke wasn't the Barry Bonds of the Narutoverse...

Arnold Toht
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
^ I see a cartoon character but I hear 6

-Thread

LkrFan
08-22-2013, 04:49 PM
If his head is right, LO hands down. His instant chemistry with Pau is well documented. MDA's offense is tailor made for his skillset. He knows how to play with Kobe, Farmar. He is a great glue locker room guy. He's a champion, etc. All that said, does he even want to play anymore? If he's serious about his one last chance in the league, do it Jim.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 04:50 PM
If his head is right, LO hands down. His instant chemistry with Pau is well documented. MDA's offense is tailor made for his skillset. All that said, does he even want to play anymore? If he's serious about his one last chance in the league, do it Jim.

He wants candy :lol

LkrFan
08-22-2013, 04:52 PM
He wants candy :lol
:lol

Rogue
08-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Beasley is young and still has the chance to turn things around imho. Would rather give Beasley a try before the fatass Odom who's already done, and that fuckhead Almundson who has never been good