PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: When did you know Kobe was special

kobe4life
08-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I will start it was during his rookie year in a game against the Sixers. The game was at the legendary spectrum and Kobe did not disappoint. Granted Kobe only had 10 points in the game but he showed flashes of greatness to me. There is one play where he blew past Stackhouse and Iverson and went to the paint to score right on Derrick Coleman. That was the one moment where I knew this kid was going to be special.

Kool Bob Love
08-22-2013, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6ERLyiVXw

http://sportscasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Shaq-Kobe-Lakers.jpg

Buddy Mignon
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
When he shot those airballs in Utah. He had the nerves to take the shots when other good players were afraid.

lefty
08-22-2013, 07:37 PM
It wasnt nerves

It was jut trying hard to be like Mike

Moron had teammates open but took those shots anyway

RsxPiimp
08-22-2013, 07:53 PM
I admit I never liked kobe but eversince he won thise b2b titles with a pussy gasol as his pippen that made me appreciate his work.

Bynumite
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
When Kobe consistently butt raped the spurs in the playoffs to the tune of 28 PPG, 47%.

Not bad for an inefficient chucker.

hater
08-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Kobe has never impressed me because I have seen prime Jordan live

It's equivalent to fucking Jessica Alba and then a few months later fucking a lookalike.

I understand for young guys and rookies, Kobe might be considered special

Big Empty
08-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Kobe was always a Spurs killer...i hate him. He's the best player since Jordan. Although I would still draft Tim Duncan ahead of him if they were both straight out of college

RsxPiimp
Dude jessics alba's look alike is probably a better fuck. you get a photocopy without the baggage

Michael Jordan.
When.he needed 2 dominant bigs instead of one. That was impressive.

Bynumite

It's equivalent to fucking Jessica Alba and then a few months later fucking a lookalike.

After what Kobe did to your team throughout his career, you and other spurfans are obviously in denial.

Lebron has shit playoff stats against the spurs but that doesn't stop spurfan from stroking his dick on a daily basis.

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:07 PM

Not a Kobe apologist but it's funny how Lebron needed an All-Star team in comparison to win a championship. Not to mention lucking out with two rings.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
When he was handed the keys to the team and couldn't get out of the 1st round... then requesting to be traded if help didn't arrive...

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Not a Kobe apologist but it's funny how Lebron needed an All-Star team in comparison to win a championship. Not to mention lucking out with two rings.

Prime Shaq. Guess you don't remember how dominant prime Shaq was. Probably didn't know what cable was back then.

Jodelo
08-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Yeah, how can't you win with Mo Williams being the second best player on the team...

ElNono
08-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah, how can't you win with Mo Williams being the second best player on the team...

Mo Williams was an All Star....true story

UZER
08-22-2013, 08:15 PM
When he got away with rape. Takes someone special to do that.

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 08:21 PM
When he was handed the keys to the team and couldn't get out of the 1st round... then requesting to be traded if help didn't arrive...

http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/JOEY-CRAWFORD.gif

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Prime Shaq. Guess you don't remember how dominant prime Shaq was. Probably didn't know what cable was back then.
:lol like that compares to having the supporting cast Lebron has. I know you want to try and make that argument but don't try that with me.

Eastern conference.

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Durant had an all-star team and chokedPERIOD, he'll be in Brooklyn, Washington, or Toronto (with Wiggins) as soon as his contract's up :lol

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 08:23 PM
:lol like that compares to having the supporting cast Lebron has. I know you want to try and make that argument but don't try that with me.
So washed-up Wade and Bosh > prime Shaq? :lmao

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:25 PM

Eastern conference.
LeBron's Miami teams were never stacked like Kobe's. Topheavy, not stacked or all star Teams. And yes prime Shaq is better than an old Wade and disappearing Bosh. Look at the stats.

Bynumite
08-22-2013, 08:26 PM

Spurfan expecting Kobe to spend the rest of his career playing alongside scrubs like Kwame and Smush.

Even jim needed 3 all stars, a 2x COTY winner and T Mac :lol

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 08:27 PM
LeBron's Miami teams were never stacked like Kobe's. Topheavy, not stacked or all star Teams. And yes prime Shaq is better than an old Wade and disappearing Bosh. Look at the stats.

if you ever bring up stats besides Points or Points per game, you're a kobe hater

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
So washed-up Wade and Bosh > prime Shaq? :lmao

Not everybody can have an elite role players like Ray Allen and Shane Battier. "Washed up" Wade brought it in almost every game in the final. Of course your faggot ass has an agenda to prop up Lebron at all costs so you won't understand.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
:lol

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Not everybody can have an elite role players like Ray Allen and Shane Battier. "Washed up" Wade brought it in almost every game in the final. Of course your faggot ass has an agenda to prop up Lebron at all costs so you won't understand.

Crofl elite role players who are both washed up.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Spurfan expecting Kobe to spend the rest of his career playing alongside scrubs like Kwame and Smush.

:lol apparently kirby wasn't happy either... :cry trade me :cry

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:31 PM

Lebron' Miami and Cavaliers team went through a wack Eastern conference both in regular season and playoff. Funny how Lebron finally won in that shitty conference when he willingly wanted to join with two other stars and a elite supporting cast of role players.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Prime Shaq was beast... it took like 20% shooting from a chucker to deny him of his 4th ring with the Lakeshow...

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Lebron' Miami and Cavaliers team went through a wack Eastern conference both in regular season and playoff. Funny how Lebron finally won in that shitty conference when he willingly wanted to join with two other stars and a elite supporting cast of role players.

CROFL elite role players. Your team got assfucked by a brokeback Mike Miller.

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Funny how laugh at those role players when they each had a major contribution to saving Lebron's faggot coattailing bastard father self.

Bynumite
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Allen saved Lebron's monkey assPERIOD

Without him Lebeta is below .500 in Finals.

Battier was making it rain too while Lebeta was busy bricking open jumpers.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Allen saved Lebron's monkey assPERIOD

Without him Lebeta is below .500 in Finals.

Battier was making it rain too while Lebeta was busy bricking open jumpers.
Battier nor Allen got hot until the Finals. Which wouldn't have happened if Bron didn't carry them there.

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
CROFL elite role players. Your team got assfucked by a brokeback Mike Miller.

Brokeback Mike Miller knocked in dagger three after dagger three.

:lol shitty troll made only to troll Laker fan

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Brokeback Mike Miller knocked in dagger three after dagger three.

:lol shitty troll made only to troll Laker fan

So he wasn't hurt because he's a TOSB?

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Not everybody can have an elite role players like Ray Allen and Shane Battier. "Washed up" Wade brought it in almost every game in the final.
Your boy Kirby had Robert Horry and Fraud Fisher to go with prime Shaq though :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 08:40 PM

Kobe had far better range and overall skill than MJ...the mid-range game was equal...their defense was equal, MJ finished at the rim a better , MJ had better endurance only because he was never asked by Phil to Facilitate the offense...he had no one to share with on offense...all MJ had to do was get the ball and score...his only job ever as a player was shooting guard he never played another position nor was he asked to.. He had Scottie taking all the toughest defensive assignments and guarding the opposing teams best player...so all MJ had to do was look like he was playing great defense while Pippen was doing the real work...it's such a joke to bestow defensive greatness on MJ...he and the media fucked Pippen completely over with this FALSE narrative that MJ played great defense...:lol

Conversely Kobe was asked to be play maker and facilitate the Lakers offense for years and be a shooting guard and guard the opposing teams best player and lead on offense..MJ never in his fucking life had such a burden as a player....even Phil admitted it in one of his bullshit ass books

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Battier nor Allen got hot until the Finals. Which wouldn't have happened if Bron didn't carry them there.

:lol It's not like they were needed considering their opposition in the East.

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
"Washed up" Wade brought it in almost every game in the final.
false. wade only really contributed in games 4 and 7

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:42 PM
:lol It's not like they were needed considering their opposition in the East.

So you acknowledge Bron carried them there? Thought so.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Kobe's was asked to play PG, SG, and SF....MJ was just a fucking shooting guard....relying on Pip and Rodman to save his ass

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
So he wasn't hurt because he's a TOSB?

That question makes no sense partner.

All is known is Mike Miller is an elite spot up shooter. Credit to PED-using Lebron in the ability to monkey his way into the lane drawing the defense to dish to a ready to shoot Mike Miller

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
So you acknowledge Bron carried them there? Thought so.

Remind me of how successful Bron was in carrying a team that wasnt littered with all stars and top end role players.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Remind me of how successful Bron was in carrying a team that wasnt littered with all stars and top end role players.

Carried the Cavs to the finals.

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 08:46 PM
:lol Thunderup revealing himself to be a Lakerfan troll

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Your boy Kirby had Robert Horry and Fraud Fisher to go with prime Shaq though :lol

:lol my boy Kirby

You're such a sensitive faggot who hates the truff that you label me a Laker fan

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Carried the Cavs to the finals.

Eastern conference. Swept by a real team once they got into the finals. You can't win. Sorry

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:49 PM
:lol so now I'm a Laker fan according to the Lebron fanboy brigade

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Eastern conference. You can't win. Sorry

So you're saying his cast sucked? Mo williams :lol

lefty
08-22-2013, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qb4Bish.gif

Clipper Nation
08-22-2013, 08:55 PM
:lol Lakerup salty that Bron rang twice

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Eastern conference. Swept by a real team once they got into the finals. You can't win. Sorry

the pistons team he beat in the ECF was pretty damn solid. once the Celtics got their big 3, it's unfair to actually expect lebron to carry d-leaguers through those dudes. once he got an actual championship caliber team, he's made the finals 3 straight years

thunderup
08-22-2013, 08:59 PM
the pistons team he beat in the ECF was pretty damn solid. once the Celtics got their big 3, it's unfair to actually expect lebron to carry d-leaguers through those dudes. once he got an actual championship caliber team, he's made the finals 3 straight years

So you agree with me.

Arnold Toht
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
^^ neither Gasol nor Bynum were "dominant". Both can't win jack shit without Kobe as the ace.

thunderup
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
:lol Lakerup salty that Bron rang twice

:lol good one partner, you made the whole forum proud with that nickname :cry

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:04 PM
^^ neither Gasol nor Bynum were "dominant". Both can't win jack shit without Kobe as the ace.

30/20 combined in the post with Gasol shooting 62%, around the same as Shaq.

RsxPiimp
08-22-2013, 09:05 PM
kobe only needed gasol and a half baked Odom to ring twice against the top defensive teams that year. All that matters.

Arnold Toht
08-22-2013, 09:08 PM
30/20 combined in the post with Gasol shooting 62%, around the same as Shaq.

Boiled down::

Kobe 3
Gasol 0
Bynum 0

spurraider21
08-22-2013, 10:33 PM
So you agree with me.
I agree that lebron had mixed results carrying d-leaguers. He did get to the conference finals on more than one occasion. Kobe with similar roster talent couldn't pass the first round for 3 years in his prime

whitemamba
08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
During the rape trial, nigga was facing 20 years and still ballin... I see him play, and im like damn that nigga is special.. how many black people do you know facing charges like that, and being black most surely get convicted and yet still playin good ball. 1 in a million.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2013, 01:00 AM
he was special when he paid his wife a diamond ring after the beggin on the media, most niggas wouldve just walked out on a relationship and leave bastard children like a cycle commonly in black households...

djohn2oo8
11-03-2014, 03:34 PM
During the rape trial, nigga was facing 20 years and still ballin... I see him play, and im like damn that nigga is special.. how many black people do you know facing charges like that, and being black most surely get convicted and yet still playin good ball. 1 in a million.

lol naming yourself after Kobe's jizz

whitemamba
11-04-2014, 03:20 AM

i guess u would know since u drink it up all god damn day.

mkurts
11-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Knew Kobe was special when he got away with rape, bought them off

Mao Zedong
11-04-2014, 06:31 AM
he was special when he paid his wife a diamond ring after the beggin on the media, most niggas wouldve just walked out on a relationship and leave bastard children like a cycle commonly in black households...

baseline bum
11-04-2014, 08:51 AM
When he missed the playoffs in his prime.

Kool Bob Love
11-04-2014, 09:12 AM

:rollin:rollin

Venti Quattro
11-04-2014, 09:55 AM
2000, when the Lakers won the title. Sure, Shaq was the top dog and Finals MVP but a title wouldn't be possible if Kobe wasn't special in that playoff run.

AlexJones
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Game 4 of the 2000 Finals