PDA

View Full Version : At what point of the season will the CoM move to DEFCON 5?

hater
08-22-2013, 07:53 PM
They are currently at DEFCON 4 and standing by....

I'd say they raise it to 5 around 3rd quarter of the first game of the season

full jihad mode :lol it's going to be glorious to watch

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

http://images.wikia.com/micronations/images/f/f9/DEFCON_5.PNG

ElNono
08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
tbh, CoM is ecstatic with the 2 year deal... you're also assuming Manu will be healthy for the first game of the season, not a given, tbh... :lol

itsamanuthree
08-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Hahahaha!!!!! You opening this thread is the proof you are SOOOOOO buthurted hater. HAHAHAHAHA You are so predictable

HI-FI
08-22-2013, 10:18 PM
gotta give it to CoM, i've never seen such loyalty to a single player before, shit Air Jordan probably didn't have this type of fanbase.

if Manu can stay healthy, and still ends up shitting the next Finals, tossing a key turnover into the stands that smashes a 5 year old's face wide open, I still expect CoM to defend him like the fucking Fauklands.

RD2191
08-22-2013, 10:19 PM
gotta give it to CoM, i've never seen such loyalty to a single player before, shit Air Jordan probably didn't have this type of fanbase.

if Manu can stay healthy, and still ends up shitting the next Finals, tossing a key turnover into the stands that smashes a 5 year old's face wide open, I still expect CoM to defend him like the fucking Fauklands.
:lmao

ElNono
08-22-2013, 10:34 PM

:lol

tbh, CoM wouldn't care, because Manu is on the books for another season and Pop will probably promote him to full time starter and 21.5 mpg after that.

hater
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM

HI-FI
08-22-2013, 10:48 PM

tbh, CoM wouldn't care, because Manu is on the books for another season and Pop will probably promote him to full time starter and 21.5 mpg after that.
sad but true. manu and pop turning the season into a wine tasting travelogue.

ElNono
08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
sad but true. manu and pop turning the season into a wine tasting travelogue.

Don't give Pop ideas... he might just hand him another two season extension after the current one :lol

weeks
08-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Splitting hairs, I know, but DEFCON 5 is all clear, DEFCON 1 is 'nuclear war'.
not the other way around.

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Splitting hairs, I know, but DEFCON 5 is all clear, DEFCON 1 is 'nuclear war'.
not the other way around.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hater, admit it, you are a useless dumbfuck, you can't do anything right

Bruno
08-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Poor Manu.

He has been the heart and the soul of Spurs for a decade, has given everything he had on the court for them and this is how he is treated. This is just so unfair. People treating Manu like that should be ashamed of themselves and aren't Spurs fans.

True Spurs fans still love you, Manu.

HI-FI
08-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Poor Manu.

He has been the heart and the soul of Spurs for a decade, has given everything he had on the court for them and this is how he is treated. This is just so unfair. People treating Manu like that should be ashamed of themselves and aren't Spurs fans.

cmon Bruno, anyone who is a Spurs fan, casual or hardcore, has some degree of love for Manu. it's just CoM are so ridiculous and easy to piss off.

Skull-1
08-23-2013, 03:21 AM

Rotflmao!

itsamanuthree
08-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Poor Manu.

Nice words man. I have to admit sometimes you say goods things XD No really, I have disagreed with many of your takes during these years, but in the end I realized you are a good person.

Anyway. Lets see some facts:
-there are in Spurstalk some CoM members, sure. We call CoM members those Spurs fans that love this secific player in a fanatic fashion, and don't seem to tolerate any criticizm against him. They will ALWAYS defend him, and they are just some stubborn motherfuckers.
-then there's another group of stubborn motherfuckers, which belong to the AntiCoM, which is another Church. Wait, another Church? What are you talking about itsamanuthree? This is whole new concept you talkin' bout! Right, another Church. This trolls hate Manu and manutards sooo much, that they don't differ much from the CoM members. They became fanatic trolls in this holly crusade to destroy Manu and his followers. So they attack manu constantly, every day. If they spot one of these sworn enemies in a discussion, they'll immediatly attack relentlessly. But, because they are not reasonable, they are fanatics and their motivation is hate, hate against Manu (some of them are even xenophobic), hate against his followers, the will just attack Manu wherever someone happens to be prising or defendim him, no matter if there's some true in their words, no matter if they are manutards, manufans, just like manu, or just happen to be praising him. But they are not satisfied with that. So, when there's no Manutards around and everybody is trying to have some nice conversation about something, they will try and introduce Manu into the conversation, hoping someone takes stance against them, sure, so that they can bash Manu while talking to someone. But because this AntiCoM members are actually equally fanatic, even if there are no manutards around, even if there are no threads in which they can troll, they'll just open Manu-bashing threads to release their hate.

Well, to me, they are very clearly two groups. And they are both equally fanatic. It is like those atheists wich are so concerned about talking shit about religions and spreading atheism, that they have become no less fanatic than the fanatism they allegedly fight against.

hater
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Poor Manu.

a little overly dramatic?

I love Manu and prime Manu is one of my favorite players.

but his inability to adjust his game for years, and his denial of how he was instrumental in the Spurs demise deserves all the criticism he is getting. In fact, if Manu was not the "beloved" Manu he would get ever more criticism a la Neal and Bonner. Don't forget this is the same forum that clamored for a Bonner career ending injury the last few years.

Plus it's only been 2 months since the single worst defeat in Spurs history where Manu was the weakest link and had monumental 8 turnovers in the closeout game. Manu has been a stubborn asshole for the last few years. Criticism is more than deserved IMO

Skull-1
08-24-2013, 03:04 PM

I love Manu and prime Manu is one of my favorite players.

but his inability to adjust his game for years, and his denial of how he was instrumental in the Spurs demise deserves all the criticism he is getting. In fact, if Manu was not the "beloved" Manu he would get ever more criticism a la Neal and Bonner. Don't forget this is the same forum that clamored for a Bonner career ending injury the last few years.

Plus it's only been 2 months since the single worst defeat in Spurs history where Manu was the weakest link and had a monumental 8 turnovers in the closeout game. Manu has been a stubborn asshole for the last few years. Criticism is more than deserved IMO

Amen. Manu has long been my favorite player (but that is rapidly changing because of his attitude of late). My custom jerseys are all #20. I have been a fan of Manu from the day he stepped onto the court with the Spurs. I loved how he went all out even as a bit player his first year....then just ramped it up and up and up. But everyone reaches a peak then declines... One has to adjust to that. He can't or won't and shrugs off his horrible performance with nary a sigh, just, "Oh well."

Manu Prime locked himself in a hotel room for days after the Dirk Incident. He came back the next season hungry, motivated, out for blood. That guy is MIA.

God forbid we criticize a foreigner. Don't wanna be called a xenophobe or hateful by the manutards when they run out of rational arguments, if they had any to start with.

UZER
08-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Manu is personally my all time favorite spur. To me, criticizing him fells like criticizing a family member...its done with love. I am super critical of him now because, as others have said, he refuses to adjust his game. He just continues to blame injuries when those injuries are because he refuses to adjust his game. The refusal to adjust also leads to turnover after turnover because his mind is still trying to play like he's 25, and it cost the team a championship.

I love Manu to death (in sports terms), but dude needs to check himself already.

tim_duncan_fan
08-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Poor Manu.

If Manu's worried about love, we all still love David, Horry, Gervin and some people even still like Avery.

hater
08-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Manu Prime locked himself in a hotel room for days after the Dirk Incident. He came back the next season hungry, motivated, out for blood. That guy is MIA.

God forbid we criticize a foreigner. Don't wanna be called a xenophobe or hateful by the manutards when they run out of rational arguments, if they had any to start with.

Manu is personally my all time favorite spur. To me, criticizing him fells like criticizing a family member...its done with love. I am super critical of him now because, as others have said, he refuses to adjust his game. He just continues to blame injuries when those injuries are because he refuses to adjust his game. The refusal to adjust also leads to turnover after turnover because his mind is still trying to play like he's 25, and it cost the team a championship.

Dr Strangelove and how I learned to stop worrying and love the 2 TRUTH bombs these two poster above launched

jimo2305
08-25-2013, 04:52 AM
some of yall need to stop falling in love with players and understand it's a business.. you can have an employee with a track record of employee of the month awards, but when he fucks up on a major project, he deserves criticism instead of a pat on the back

Bruno
08-25-2013, 05:12 AM

or maybe I was trolling?

UZER
08-25-2013, 07:41 AM
or maybe I was trolling?

I kinda figure d you were trolling because that was an unusually emotional post from you when youre pretty level headed. Regardless, you hit the nail on the head with how people here feel about Manu, and thats what people are replying to.

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Dr Strangelove and how I learned to stop worrying and love the 2 TRUTH bombs these two poster above launched
http://data.whicdn.com/images/63863960/large.gif
Hater been on fire lately, willing to take down CoM even if it means certain death.

or maybe I was trolling?
well done. i thought i remembered that phrasing from somewhere else, but figured I would be safe.

ElNono
08-25-2013, 09:25 PM
CoM had it's vindication with that 2 year/$14m deal. There's simply nothing else to say when it comes to an actual display of Manu's value to this team.

It's almost as if RC and Pop were trolling certain characters here... :lol

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 09:32 PM
CoM had it's vindication with that 2 year/$14m deal. There's simply nothing else to say when it comes to an actual display of Manu's value to this team.

It's almost as if RC and Pop were trolling certain characters here... :lol
that wasn't necessarily vindication. that was more of Pop and RC were hammered and worried they would have a La Raza protest at their doorsteps, so they continued Operation Latino Outreach by resigning Manu. smart business move but Ocho could be replaced by Nueve or worse if we reach the Finals again.

ElNono
08-25-2013, 09:41 PM
that wasn't necessarily vindication. that was more of Pop and RC were hammered and worried they would have a La Raza protest at their doorsteps, so they continued Operation Latino Outreach by resigning Manu. smart business move but Ocho could be replaced by Nueve or worse if we reach the Finals again.

They don't need to play him to sell tickets, tbh... they can have him sitting with a poncho on the front door... but you and I know he's going to have his usual 32 games/18mpg/backup PG role...

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
They don't need to play him to sell tickets, tbh... they can have him sitting with a poncho on the front door... but you and I know he's going to have his usual 32 games/18mpg/backup PG role...
true. plus Pop will suddenly increase his minutes in the Finals even though his turnovers are going through the roof. next year is going to either be a trainwreck or we end up winning the Finals, maybe even a mixture of both.

ElNono
08-25-2013, 09:52 PM
true. plus Pop will suddenly increase his minutes in the Finals even though his turnovers are going through the roof. next year is going to either be a trainwreck or we end up winning the Finals, maybe even a mixture of both.

I think if we have health, we'll have another 50 win season... and then we'll go from there. Finals talk in August is crazy talk. JMO.

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I think if we have health, we'll have another 50 win season... and then we'll go from there. Finals talk in August is crazy talk. JMO.

you're right, it is a bit of crazy talk, i'm just hedging my bets, covering bases per par, saying next season could be totally unpredictable and anything could happen. I need to be more like Manu and no longer play for a Championship, just enjoy the ride.:tu

ElNono
08-25-2013, 10:19 PM
you're right, it is a bit of crazy talk, i'm just hedging my bets, covering bases per par, saying next season could be totally unpredictable and anything could happen. I need to be more like Manu and no longer play for a Championship, just enjoy the ride.:tu

It's a great team... but I've learned to enjoy the process too... see what Belli and that kid Pendergraph bring... watch where the defense is at, etc.. can't wait, tbh

HI-FI
08-25-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a great team... but I've learned to enjoy the process too... see what Belli and that kid Pendergraph bring... watch where the defense is at, etc.. can't wait, tbh
agree.

Skull-1
08-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Lmao! Operation Latino Outreach! So funny!

xmas1997
08-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Can't wait for the new season to begin, last season was a pleasant surprise because I never expected them to get that close to a 5th championship.