PDA

View Full Version : lol NFL lol ESPN

jeebus
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/sports/football/nfl-pressure-said-to-prompt-espn-to-quit-film-project.html?smid=tw-share&_r=2&

"“Frontline,” the PBS public affairs series, and ESPN had been working for 15 months on a two-part documentary, to be televised in October. But ESPN’s role came under intense pressure by the league, the two people said, after a trailer for the documentary (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/concussion-watch/coming-soon-on-frontline-league-of-denial/) was released Aug. 6, the day that the project was discussed at a Television Critics Association event in Beverly Hills, Calif."

"At the combative meeting, the people said, league officials conveyed their displeasure with the direction of the documentary, which is expected to describe a narrative that has been captured in various news reports over the past decade: the league turning a blind eye to evidence that players were sustaining brain trauma on the field that could lead to profound, long-term cognitive disability."

:cry don't say anything bad about us!
:cry ok we won't!

benefactor
08-23-2013, 12:00 PM
“We’re obviously disappointed because the partnership has been a phenomenal one and we don’t totally understand what happened,” Fainaru-Wada said.
:lol...sure you do. It's called money. Shitloads of it.

InRareForm
08-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Follow the $

Clipper Nation
08-23-2013, 12:24 PM
God-dell once again proving his "player safety" initiatives are bullshit, and his real concerns are fantasy football, protecting the Bradys and Peytons of the league, and ducking lawsuits :lol

Pelicans78
08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
God-dell once again proving his "player safety" initiatives are bullshit, and his real concerns are fantasy football, protecting the Bradys and Peytons of the league, and ducking lawsuits :lol

Its all about money to him. He could care less about player safety. If he really cared about player safety, he wouldn't keep trying to stuff 18 game seasons down the players throat.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I still think it's retarded to blame Goodell for being "all about da money!"

It's his job to be all about the money. He works for the owners, not the players.

IronMexican
08-23-2013, 07:03 PM
God-dell

Christ, that was atrocious. About as bad as anything Fabbs has come up with. Makes sense you are both Charger fans.

Pelicans78
08-23-2013, 07:27 PM

It's his job to be all about the money. He works for the owners, not the players.

No one is blaming him. Just stating a fact and calling out the BS that the league really cares about player safety.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-23-2013, 07:34 PM
No one is blaming him. Just stating a fact and calling out the BS that the league really cares about player safety.
Cool. Good job stating the obvious.

Pelicans78
08-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Cool. Good job stating the obvious.

No problem. Anytime.

Clipper Nation
08-24-2013, 02:34 PM

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he and the owners shouldn't be criticized for watering down the product in an effort to chase more money, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he and the owners shouldn't be criticized for watering down the product in an effort to chase more money, tbh....
I don't see anyone blaming the owners, all I see are people blaming Goodell. The owners are the ones who should be blamed.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Not sure why anyone would blame the NFL for protecting their own interests. ESPN is deserving of criticism here.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-09-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/league-of-denial/

Aired last night. Really takes Goodell to task in its efforts to establish a time line of who knew what and when and in the process puts together a good history of the issue through the last 20 years or so. It's not fair and balanced in the least, but well worth a look if you want a good place to start taking a closer look at the matter or if you just enjoy Roger Goodell being shat upon.

baseline bum
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Frontline going in bareback with no consent.

Chief Brody
10-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Watching it now.

Chief Brody
10-09-2013, 06:49 PM
That Steve Young hit makes you cringe every time

Avante
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
You can play vicious and mean and never use your helmet.

The NFL needs to

1.Dump the Thursday night games, talk about a stupid idea.

2.Anyone getting a penalty for helmet hits is out of the game and next weeks game with no pay and is fined.

I was a running back/defensive back/kick returner and never hit anyone with my helmEt. You don't need to.

NFL players need to stop trying to knock people down, just tackle them. Too many trying to make the highlights with big hits.