PDA

View Full Version : Props...

racm
08-23-2013, 08:01 PM
to Bruno and ElNono for being the only sane Spurfans left upstairs...

HI-FI
08-23-2013, 08:03 PM
they are both very good posters, lots of other good ones here, lots of douchebags as well. GNSF has been keeping it real lately, shit has been entertaining as hell tbh.

ElNono
08-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I'll take that as a compliment :lol

Thanks, tbh.... even though it's probably one of the shortest offseasons in a while, the season can't get here quick enough

spurraider21
08-23-2013, 08:42 PM
to Bruno (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2449) and ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) for being the only sane Spurfans left upstairs...

:depressed

Shifty
08-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Upstairs?

I believe they are 2 of the best posters on the site. There is a couple more but I never remember their names until I read something from them.

timtonymanu
08-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I haven't lurked on here much since it's the dead time of the offseason, but it still looks bad on here having to read takes from posters like Baam and sbm.

DapDaGenius
08-23-2013, 09:08 PM
they are both very good posters, lots of other good ones here, lots of douchebags as well. GNSF has been keeping it real lately, shit has been entertaining as hell tbh.

Can someone please tell me what GNSF stands for?

benefactor
08-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Most decent posters either left or quit trying. This place is borderline unbearable. I'll probably put more into posting again when the Spurs officially get out of the championship years and head full steam into rebuild.

benefactor
08-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Grey Name Spur Fan. It doesn't just apply to a grey username either.

TE
08-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I've been busy with research now that I'm getting paid to do it so I've been able to get over the finals. Can't wait for the season to start.

DapDaGenius
08-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Grey Name Spur Fan. It doesn't just apply to a grey username either.

Thanks, been wondering that for a while.

xmas1997
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM

I've been wondering the same, yet I don't get the significance of it.
But I do agree with the original post, and there are a few others who have some decent informative takes too, and some who have opposing viewpoints yet can debate in a respectable rational manner without resorting to a juvenile name calling and idiotic accusations.
Unfortunately there has been way too much bitching, moaning, whining, and just plain stupidity this off season, and those posters know who they are.
I applaud those who resist this juvenile redundancy and immaturity and post some really intelligent takes.

timtonymanu
08-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Yeah, you are a pretty decent poster even though your username is grey, so the term doesn't apply to you. Perfect example of gnsf is posters like kobyz, Baam, HemisfairArena etc.

xmas1997
08-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, you are a pretty decent poster even though your username is grey, so the term doesn't apply to you. Perfect example of gnsf is posters like kobyz, Baam, HemisfairArena etc.

I see what you mean. I won't name any other names of other juvenile idiots like the great yatch, but we know who they are. Ooops, did I let that slip? My bad.:lol

barakz21
08-23-2013, 10:27 PM

So, basically anyone who posts stupid comments, right? Or in ST terms "shitty takes", am I correct?

DapDaGenius
08-23-2013, 10:51 PM

Oh okay, thanks.

weeks
08-23-2013, 11:44 PM

and while we're at it, this looks like as good a time as any to wonder what TOSB stands for

HI-FI
08-23-2013, 11:54 PM
and while we're at it, this looks like as good a time as any to wonder what TOSB stands for

Tired Old Shit Bag. i used to think it meant Tao of Steve Blake, not sure what I was smoking when I came up with that.

it's what Thread/Culbern uses to describe Duncan and Ginobili.

fwiw, i think some of the "worst" GNSFs are also the most entertaining. even kobyz has made me laugh at his depression. i know my basketball takes are nothing special, but if the site was only armchair, wannabe RC Bufords, then it would suck. even some of the experts were wrong. shit, pariahs like hater, SA210 and silverblackmystix were actually somewhat vindicated by the Finals.

who knows why some no longer post, could be overall negativity from site, maybe things aren't moderated enough to their liking etc....

RD2191
08-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Most decent posters either left or quit trying. This place is borderline unbearable. I'll probably put more into posting again when the Spurs officially get out of the championship years and head full steam into rebuild.
:cry

ElNono
08-24-2013, 12:08 AM
fwiw, i think some of the "worst" GNSFs are also the most entertaining. even kobyz has made me laugh at his depression. i know my basketball takes are nothing special, but if the site was only armchair, wannabe RC Bufords, then it would suck. even some of the experts were wrong. shit, pariahs like hater, SA210 and silverblackmystix were actually somewhat vindicated by the Finals.

who knows why some no longer post, could be overall negativity from site, maybe things aren't moderated enough to their liking etc....

It just got too noisy when trying to actually have some actual basketball discussion. I also get a kick out of posters like robdiaz or TDMVPVP (sp?), they're a good laugh, but it's difficult to have any kind of somewhat serious discussion.

Last season is also a great reflection of the transformation going on here... up until the start of the playoffs, the place was full of debbie downers. The same guys then went championship or bust. There's little middle-ground these days, and frankly, little perspective.

ElNono
08-24-2013, 12:08 AM
there's robdiaz :lol

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2013, 12:12 AM
It's a sad day that 2 "spurs fans", non natives of San Antonio, are consider the best on this site.

ElNono
08-24-2013, 12:14 AM
sup KBL... did you see the carnage in the NBA forum? :lol lakerfan

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2013, 12:19 AM
:rollin

Alright ElNono a great poster here. Bruno is okay. 6th man off the bench tbh.

And it's the off-season. I believe the forum will be back to what it was once the season starts.

RD2191
08-24-2013, 12:30 AM
:lmao

Budkin
08-24-2013, 12:40 AM
tbh I like everyone on here. Everyone is their own character, though I do miss some of the original SpursTalkers that are just gone.

HI-FI
08-24-2013, 12:41 AM
It just got too noisy when trying to actually have some actual basketball discussion. I also get a kick out of posters like robdiaz or TDMVPVP (sp?), they're a good laugh, but it's difficult to have any kind of somewhat serious discussion.

Last season is also a great reflection of the transformation going on here... up until the start of the playoffs, the place was full of debbie downers. The same guys then went championship or bust. There's little middle-ground these days, and frankly, little perspective.
robdiaz can be funny, no doubt, he's like the short angry Mexican on here. TDMVPDPOY is the goods, never understood the hate. half of the fun is making sense of what the frak he's saying.

you've been around longer than me to comment on the change so I'll trust your view. I enjoy the serious commentary, that's a big reason I stopped by in the first place, but tbh, only so much advanced metrics and mid level exemption talk I can take before I need to go back downstairs and enjoy shit talking and race baiting.

I agree with you on the debbie downer aspect and the championship or bust attitude. I'm not a fan of it, but i imagine some are feeling desperate since the team is close to the end. be interesting to see how this website changes in the next few years.

ElNono
08-24-2013, 01:16 AM
robdiaz can be funny, no doubt, he's like the short angry Mexican on here. TDMVPDPOY is the goods, never understood the hate. half of the fun is making sense of what the frak he's saying.

you've been around longer than me to comment on the change so I'll trust your view. I enjoy the serious commentary, that's a big reason I stopped by in the first place, but tbh, only so much advanced metrics and mid level exemption talk I can take before I need to go back downstairs and enjoy shit talking and race baiting.

I agree with you on the debbie downer aspect and the championship or bust attitude. I'm not a fan of it, but i imagine some are feeling desperate since the team is close to the end. be interesting to see how this website changes in the next few years.

The whole trollin is just entertainment, tbh... IMO, the GOAT posters are FWD, Marcus Bryant, etc... Bruno and timvp generally also stick to non-trolling. I'm sure you've seen them here or there, they rarely post these days...

I'm sure when the season starts, upstairs will get locked down a bit per the usual.... just not much going on right now..

Robz4000
08-24-2013, 01:19 AM
A sane Spursfan is a boring Spursfan. Only way I get my laughs is either seeing the meltdowns up here over any little thing or downstairs with MJ bullying niggas, KoolAIDS doing nothing to hide his blatant homosexuality, and Naruto attempting to run damage control.

benefactor
08-24-2013, 07:34 AM
There was actually much less of this back in 2010 when it looked like the window had closed. Many of the fair weather greys were gone and there was lots of good roster building discussion and talk of what the future held. With the finals appearance last season, I expect this year to be especially bad from a meltdown perspective. The championship or bust mentality will be stronger than ever which will lead to the emotional roller coaster having super high peaks and super low valleys.

ohmwrecker
08-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Some folks are just never satisfied.

Richard Simmons
08-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Glad to see i wasn't forgotten :depressed

Bruno
08-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks.

When you consider that there are basically no Spurs news at that time of the year and that some people are still mourning Spurs cruel loss, I find there is still quite a lot of quality talks from various posters. Now, it's sure it's going to be better, like every year, when the training camp will start.

Spur|n|Austin
08-24-2013, 01:21 PM
there's robdiaz :lol

:lol

It really has been a weird offseason around here, I'm very excited for the upcoming season. I'm also confused as to why people wanted to see more FO moves, why not attack with what we were seconds away from winning it all with?

NickiRasgo
08-24-2013, 01:22 PM
And ace3g too, for giving us update.

Spur|n|Austin
08-24-2013, 01:24 PM
And ace3g too, for giving us update.

:tu

Budkin
08-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Some folks are just never satisfied.

I think the problem is that in 2012 we were the favorites and choked, and this year we were a rebound or FT away from winning our 5th and choked even worse. It's tough to be satisfied when that happens.

Skull-1
08-24-2013, 02:57 PM
I think the problem is that in 2012 we were the favorites and choked, and this year we were a rebound or FT away from winning our 5th and choked even worse. It's tough to be satisfied when that happens.

therealtruth
08-24-2013, 03:11 PM

When's the last time we won when we were the favorites? It seems it would probably be better of for everyone to count us out.

HI-FI
08-24-2013, 03:56 PM
There was actually much less of this back in 2010 when it looked like the window had closed. Many of the fair weather greys were gone and there was lots of good roster building discussion and talk of what the future held. With the finals appearance last season, I expect this year to be especially bad from a meltdown perspective. The championship or bust mentality will be stronger than ever which will lead to the emotional roller coaster having super high peaks and super low valleys.
agree. I think there will be less of an emotional roller coaster, but probably less posting. I know I was only lurking back then, checking to see what was going on, if RJ would be traded etc...I probably won't post as much when window is closed, I'm not quite hardcore but more than casual Spursfan. But I'll still hang around. I also think that as long as Spurs continue this youth movement, by finding the right young talent and developing them, then both Spurs and SpursTalk should be in good shape.

no doubt the past two years have been cruel jokes. shit I only joined because I thought 2012 was our last stab at glory, to ride off into the sunset like so many rarely get. that shit blew up in my face. ironically both my teams, Niners and Spurs, had very similar fortunes. Both made it to the Semifinals and lost, so I figured the next year they would take a step back. Yet both were better and shockingly made it to the Finals....only to lose again. Been a very weird last year and a half, but as long as my teams have a chance than I am excited.

I'm not sure if 2012 was a choke, I figured we got hosed by the refs moreso. But perhaps it was a choke in the sense Pop had no idea how to counter the Sefalosha D on Parker. Fuck. All I know is to win it a lot of things have to go right, and for some reason, they simply haven't. Tbh I feel a bit more confident about Niners' future than Spurs, just because I think Pop is past his prime. But I'll never count out the heart of a champion in Duncan or even Parker and Ginobili, so in that sense I'm not counting out this current team yet.

spurraider21
08-24-2013, 04:12 PM
I want to like budkin but he's always so depressed

KaiRMD1
08-24-2013, 09:57 PM
The last off season that had a lot of noise was the off season that he who shall not be named came over, or am I wrong ol' sport?

ohmwrecker
08-25-2013, 12:02 AM

Exactly. The Spurs have been written off for years, buy they somehow manage to be there at the end with an opportunity to win a 5th. Sure, it sucks to be so close and lose, but it's much better than being a perennial loser in constant rebuild mode. At some point, you just have to enjoy the ride because when this era is over, it's going to be rough.

Budkin
08-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I want to like budkin but he's always so depressed

:lol nah I'm actually not too depressed. Things in my life are going really well so I can't complain too much. My problem is that I channel all my anxiety into watching the Spurs. It's therapeutic, but it also backfires when things like Game 6 happen.

Brazil
08-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Bruno and ElNono are consistent of course but you have other good reads like Chinook and others you can find on the think tank. Nevertheless you have to dig into a bunch of shitty posts and threads to find some good stuff.

Offseason is always shitty but this year is pretty bad. Overall I believe it is one of the worst season from ST posters since I started to lurk here back in 2005-2006. Season has been very quiet all year, Spurs advanced in POs and NASFs appear with their messy meltdowns barely entertaining. Same dudes that were nowhere to find during RS whinning like little bitches I won't get over it :cry be a man and admit you :cry I cannot sleep :cry

Brazil
08-26-2013, 09:50 AM
^ at ChinooK, ElNono and Bruno you can add Mel_13, ace3g, mountainballer, DMC (now he is back) to name a few

Spur|n|Austin
08-26-2013, 10:16 AM
:lol nah I'm actually not too depressed. Things in my life are going really well so I can't complain too much. My problem is that I channel all my anxiety into watching the Spurs. It's therapeutic, but it also backfires when things like Game 6 happen.

Your avatar isn't helping any of us Bud :lol

Budkin
08-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Your avatar isn't helping any of us Bud :lol

:lol Don't worry... I'll change it when the new season starts. It was kind of therapeutic for me.

spurs10
08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
There was actually much less of this back in 2010 when it looked like the window had closed. Many of the fair weather greys were gone and there was lots of good roster building discussion and talk of what the future held. With the finals appearance last season, I expect this year to be especially bad from a meltdown perspective. The championship or bust mentality will be stronger than ever which will lead to the emotional roller coaster having super high peaks and super low valleys. Yep, expectations for redemption may set many of us up for some big letdowns. I greatly appreciate all the serious takes on the future of the team. I always appreciate the translations from ElNono and the credible takes regarding the CBA etc. from Bruno, Chinook, Mel13, and others. This season will have an element we've never experienced before. I'm sure emotions will be running high.

Gagnrath
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Grey Name Small Font, it typically means that you haven't impress the mods or hit an arbitrary number of posts to be promoted to black and bold....

Gagnrath
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I think part of the frustration at the off season is that, the spurs had money and did not make any splashy obvious moves toward getting better and there are some moderately obvious holes in the spurs roster. It also doesn't help that the guys who arguably had the worst respective finals series in comparison with their ceilings as players were both signed to moderately large contracts.
I don't think they are bad contracts especially Splitters (though I would like to see a lot more of him imposing his will on others in the future.) I personally think Manu is risky since with his age and injuries he seems to be a very feast or famine player lately.

Brazil
08-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I think part of the frustration at the off season is that, the spurs had money and did not make any splashy obvious moves toward getting better and there are some moderately obvious holes in the spurs roster. It also doesn't help that the guys who arguably had the worst respective finals series in comparison with their ceilings as players were both signed to moderately large contracts.
I don't think they are bad contracts especially Splitters (though I would like to see a lot more of him imposing his will on others in the future.) I personally think Manu is risky since with his age and injuries he seems to be a very feast or famine player lately.

not sure about the feast part tbh

HI-FI
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
my only problem with Bruno, mel_13, ace3g, NOno, Chinook etc...is they have all this interesting talk about potential deals, I get my hopes up, and then Spurs acquire their 9th guard instead.

benefactor
08-26-2013, 03:47 PM
You just have to take all the interesting talk for what it is...talk. It's fun to speculate on what the team might do or can do but in the back your mind you have to remember that the percentages weigh heavily towards the Spurs not doing anything at all. That way if something does happen, it payoff is even better.

Leetonidas
08-26-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd post up here more often but there's too many retarded takes, horrible trade suggestions, completely idiotic roster ideas, and massive amounts of butthurt when criticizing certain things, not to mention the plethora of emo wrist cutters. But, it's the offseason, I'm sure things will return to a normal level when the season starts. We should get a decent influx of Rocket trolls at some point

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
I'd post up here more often but there's too many retarded takes, horrible trade suggestions, completely idiotic roster ideas, and massive amounts of butthurt when criticizing certain things, not to mention the plethora of emo wrist cutters. But, it's the offseason, I'm sure things will return to a normal level when the season starts. We should get a decent influx of Rocket trolls at some point

rocket trolls

Sounds like a venereal disease or something. Lol

ElNono
08-26-2013, 05:31 PM
my only problem with Bruno, mel_13, ace3g, NOno, Chinook etc...is they have all this interesting talk about potential deals, I get my hopes up, and then Spurs acquire their 9th guard instead.

Not me, tbh... I prognosticated a "stay the course" offseason, and there you have it...

racm
08-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Not me, tbh... I prognosticated a "stay the course" offseason, and there you have it...

I think the biggest thing between predicting a go wild offseason and a largely stand pat one is understanding the CBA. Unless the Spurs gave up Manu/Splitter's cap holds they wouldn't have that much actual cap space.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-26-2013, 10:22 PM
I had to take a break after the Finals because of all the blame-game bullshit and hissy-fits around here, but I'm looking forward to next season and will return in earnest in late October.

We'll always hurt from those Finals, but I think a better way to look at it is that we played in the greatest Finals series of this era, and never gave up even though most teams would've been psychologically destroyed after game 6. I'm so bloody proud of the 2012-13 team and always will be... if you're going to lose in the Finals, that's the way to do it! :lmao :depressed

taps
08-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I do miss some of the original SpursTalkers that are just gone.

whott :cry

racm
08-27-2013, 04:29 AM
I had to take a break after the Finals because of all the blame-game bullshit and hissy-fits around here, but I'm looking forward to next season and will return in earnest in late October.

We'll always hurt from those Finals, but I think a better way to look at it is that we played in the greatest Finals series of this era, and never gave up even though most teams would've been psychologically destroyed after game 6. I'm so bloody proud of the 2012-13 team and always will be... if you're going to lose in the Finals, that's the way to do it! :lmao :depressed

They kept fighting on and despite an uphill Game 7, they were a missed Duncan bunny away from tying the game. :toast

Game 6 will be the game they all talk about but the Heat did not dominate Game 7.

Blackjack
08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
^ at ChinooK, ElNono and Bruno you can add Mel_13, ace3g, mountainballer, DMC (now he is back) to name a few

All-SpursTalk is great for the offseason. You should give it a shot, I'll help you out with what I can. Just don't have the time to put it all together.

Brazil
08-27-2013, 01:36 PM
All-SpursTalk is great for the offseason. You should give it a shot, I'll help you out with what I can. Just don't have the time to put it all together.

All-Spurstalk ?

Blackjack
08-27-2013, 03:51 PM
All-Spurstalk ?

Put it together a few years ago, just haven't had the time to keep it going. Been hoping someone would take the baton.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155530

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155802

Brazil
08-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Put it together a few years ago, just haven't had the time to keep it going. Been hoping someone would take the baton.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155530

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155802

I remember now, great work :tu

If I had time I would be delighted to do it but that's a lot of work :lol maybe we could think at something easier to manage like: MVP (Bruno, Mel, Chinook...), ROY (TGY :lol), MIP (?), DPOY (ElNono...), COY (Timvp...), MOY (Mascott Of the Year), MIA etc...