PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jim Buss: Dwight Howard didn't want to play with Kobe for 2-3 more years

AchillesHeel
08-24-2013, 04:17 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229541/Buss-Dwight-Didnt-Want-To-Play-With-Kobe-For-2-3-More-Years

Jim Buss admitted Dwight Howard let the Los Angeles Lakers know that he did not want to play with Kobe Bryant for multiple years, if the All-Star center elected to re-sign with them."Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe for 2-3 more years," Buss said. "I'm going to stand behind Kobe because of his history with the franchise."
Howard also reportedly was adamant he did not want to play for Mike D'Antoni.
Howard signed a four-year deal with the Houston Rockets in free agency.

Thebesteva
08-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Kobe doesn't have 2-3 years left IMO, this last years going to get ugly. I dont think Jim has any intentions to resign, and I dont think Kobe wants to retire. I predict Kobe does another stint somewhere else for one last hoorah.

Also, Dwight is a bitch, you will see the same problems expose themselves in Houston and he'll demand a trade in 2 seasons.

whitemamba
08-24-2013, 04:34 PM

Arnold Toht
08-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Kobe 7 Jordan 6 would be nice, but I would be content with Kobe 6 Jordan 6. As long as Kobe's one up on Duncan, I'm all set for retirement.

HI-FI
08-24-2013, 04:37 PM
one thing about Kobe, he'll never take No for an answer, no matter how much screaming and thrashing around, he'll forge ahead with shit and blood everywhere. I imagine he'll be using the best PEDs available and will try his best to make it to 40. how he will recover with a repaired Achilles or whether Lakers will finally try to move on, or perhaps Silver will try to salvage Lakers again with a lopsided trade....is anyone's guess.

Michael Jordan.
08-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Nobody told Fredo to trade for Dwight when it was known he didn't want to be there. Fuck him.

Arnold Toht
08-24-2013, 04:41 PM
^ He'll play with one leg if he has to, HI. He wants the 6 and he'll do anything necessary to get there. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have an insurance title in case Duncan reaches 5.

Remember: Kobe doesn't forget. Ever. He told Shaq he'd beat him in the ring count and by god, that's exactly what he did. And he went up on Duncan, 5-4, on the same night.

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2013, 08:35 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dwight-howard-almost-rocket-2012.png