PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Kirby ran him offPERIOD

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
From Ric Bucher on Sulia:

Talks with various people close to the situation make it clear there were two prerequisites for Dwight Howard to remain a Laker: fire Mike D'Antoni and amnesty, or at the very least muzzle, Kobe Bryant. As audacious as that might sound, it doesn't come without precedent in Lakers' history. When Kobe re-upped in 2004, it coincided with Shaq being shipped to Miami and Phil Jackson being let go. Of course, Kobe didn't have to pressure the team braintrust -- Mitch Kupchak and Jerry and Jim Buss -- to make those moves, since Dr. Buss, in particular, was done with both Shaq and Phil at the time. The Lakers apparently asked Dwight to be patient on both fronts for at least another season, telling him "hey, you're going to have to gut this out another year," a source said, although it sounds as if VP of basketball ops Jim Buss isn't ready to abandon Kobe anytime soon. "Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe for 2-3 more years," Buss said. "I'm going to stand behind Kobe because of his history with the franchise." It would seem, then, with all that happened, the Lakers had the wherewithal to keep Howard if they had desired; they simply found the price too high.

:lol Fredo
:lol Snitch

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah. Dwight was gone by the all star break.

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2013, 11:24 AM
d12 is one delusional clown, how is he going to win without the greatest 2nd banana?

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 12:41 PM
no one giving a fuck :lol

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
no one giving a fuck :lol

Giving enough of a fuck to post :lol

ElNono
08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Everybody knows what happened... but Howard is as much of a factor in all that. Dude is a mental midget.

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Everybody knows what happened... but Howard is as much of a factor in all that. Dude is a mental midget.

Lakers wouldn't have made the playoffs if they didn't beg Howard to play hurt.

AchillesHeel
08-25-2013, 12:57 PM

I'm glad they begged, it led to the sweep.

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm glad they begged, it led to the sweep.

Then they begged again for him to stay after carrying two deadweights to the playoffs. Two beggings in one year.

lefty
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOcZRQ4CUAAZf9w.jpg

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Dwight had his playoff shot with the Lakers and without Kobe and we all know how that ended, so why would he ask for Kobe to be amnestied?

RsxPiimp
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
ElNono

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Giving enough of a fuck to post :lol

:lol cant read

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
This thread is rich coming from flop city fan, you have no room son. CPFlop coach killed Del Negro:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/22327417/vinny-del-negro-intimates-chris-paul-was-behind-his-departure

And threatened to sign with Houston if flop city didn't hire Doc Rivers:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/07/chris-paul-reportedly-told-clippers-he-was-signing-with-rockets-when-doc-rivers-talks-stalled/

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 05:50 PM
CP3 stayed, Bible Kemp was begged and still rejected the Lakers :lol

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
CP3 stayed, Bible Kemp was begged and still rejected the Lakers :lol

Dwight begged the Lakers to coach kill Pringles and amnesty a 35 year old player coming off an achilles surgery and failed, he should ask CPFlop for tips tbh :lmao

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 06:04 PM
CP3 stayed

So? Kobe stayed too, 17 seasons wearing purple and gold and will retire as a Laker but that doesn't stop you from using that exact same argument against him... hypocritical flop city faggot :lol

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 06:40 PM
So? Kobe stayed too, 17 seasons wearing purple and gold and will retire as a Laker but that doesn't stop you from using that exact same argument against him... hypocritical flop city faggot :lol
Wanted out TWICE. Begging to be traded :lol

Arnold Toht
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
^ I'd want out if I was a star playing with Kwame, Sasha, and Walton.

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Wanted out TWICE. Begging to be traded :lol

StayedPERIOD, meanwhile you will continue to dick ride Lebeta while he jumps from team to team because you're a bandwagoning faggot.

Michael Jordan.
08-25-2013, 06:45 PM
StayedPERIOD, meanwhile you will continue to dick ride Lebeta while he jumps from team to team because you're a bandwagoning faggot.
"Yes, I would like to be traded"

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 06:51 PM
"Yes, I would like to be traded"

Kobe stayedPERIOD

Meanwhile Lebeta:

Do you have any doubts about your decision?

No. I don't have any doubts at all.

Would you like to sleep on it a little longer, or are you ready to make this decision?

I've slept enough. Or the lack of sleep.

Are you still a nail biter?

I have a little bit. Not of late.

You've had everybody else biting their nails. So I guess it's time for them to stop chewing. The answer to the question everybody wants to know: LeBron, what's your decision?

In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat.

The Miami Heat? That was the conclusion you woke up with this morning?

That was the conclusion I woke up with this morning.

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Nope.... Kirby already quit on two teams (Nets and Hornets) before playing a nanosecond of NBA basketball, whereas CP3 spent most of his career on the Hornets and only left when they were bankrupt and league-owned :lol

Getting back to the topic of Bible Kemp, what happened to det consistency and effort? Thought they were gonna be key in the playoffs.... :lmao

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
^Chris Paul actually quit when he got ejected...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbt9I_LJtk

:downspin: that playa

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Do we need to run through the list of Kirby's Quits again? :lmao

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Do we need to run through the list of Kirby's Quits again? :lmao

Kobe 5
CpFlop :lol

Clipper Nation
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Kobe 5
CpFlop :lol
It's actually Snitch: 8 quits, CP3: 0 :lol

Venti Quattro
08-25-2013, 08:55 PM

:lmao Jannero Pargo

Arnold Toht
08-25-2013, 08:57 PM

5-0, Kobe over Chris.

Bynumite
08-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Nope.... Kirby already quit on two teams (Nets and Hornets) before playing a nanosecond of NBA basketball, whereas CP3 spent most of his career on the Hornets and only left when they were bankrupt and league-owned :lol

Getting back to the topic of Bible Kemp, what happened to det consistency and effort? Thought they were gonna be key in the playoffs.... :lmao

CPFlop deferred to Jannero Pargo in game 7, quit when he got ejected vs Memphis, coach killed Del Negro, threatened to leave flop city for Houston and is the premier flopper in the league with no shame.

... and not a single west coast final was seen.

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 09:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbt9I_LJtk

LkrFan
08-25-2013, 10:33 PM

Lakers are better off without Howard. I'll go so far as to say that the Lakers will win another rang before Houston does. Since I know you already will, feel free to quote me on that son.

LkrFan
08-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Dwight had his playoff shot with the Lakers and without Kobe and we all know how that ended, so why would he ask for Kobe to be amnestied?

Exactly. He was the 1st and 2nd option, yet he couldn't dominate some dude Pop pulled from HEB checkout line named Bane.

The Lakers rightly used Kobe to run that clown out of town. He didn't deserve to be the face of the Lakers' franchise. Like Jim Buss said, he was never a Laker to begin with.

I can't believe I fell for the hype when I saw for myself how Pau Gasoft dominated him in the 2009 Finals. If you recall, 2009 was when Howard was at the peak of his athleticism. Never again will I fall for his routine. Double Up and other Rocket Fans will soon see for themselves how delusional an how much of a diva that dude is. He's their problem now.

Venti Quattro
08-25-2013, 10:42 PM
CPFlop deferred to Jannero Pargo in game 7, quit when he got ejected vs Memphis, coach killed Del Negro, threatened to leave flop city for Houston and is the premier flopper in the league with no shame.

... and not a single west coast final was seen.

:lol Everybody's ragging on the Lakers for sucking in the second round (or in the playoffs, in general) for the past years and putting the Clippers on a pedestal as the new team in Los Angeles.

WCSF wins in last 3 seasons:

Lakers - 1
Clippers - :lol

Times the Clippers went farther than the Lakers in the playoffs: :lol

Michael Jordan.
08-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Lakers are better off without Howard. I'll go so far as to say that the Lakers will win another rang before Houston does. Since I know you already will, feel free to quote me on that son.
http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mike-Dantoni-GIF.gif

Jodelo
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a09d7OB_460sa.gif