PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Nando

swaggerjackson
08-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey, I know the overall opinion of Nando (on Spurstalk) is not incredibly high. I certainly don't think he was actively bad, but he rarely made a positive impact. To me when he was in the game, he seemed like a place holder. But I was wondering what do you guys think of his potential to improve, specifically from his first season to the second. Pop is notorious for bringing players along slowly and limiting their minutes until they have a good amount of experience in the system. We all remember being so excited about Splitter, but due to his inexperience (and injuries) he really didn't crack the rotation in his first year.

Does anyone expect Nando to have a "breakout" performance next year and truly crack the rotation? Essentially, due any of you think the main hindrance of his effectiveness was inexperience as opposed to a lack of ability. If so, why?

The Reckoning
08-25-2013, 04:18 PM
imo tbqh fwiw he has yet to prove himself in NBA play

Raven
08-25-2013, 04:30 PM
i always thought he was a bad signing, but i like him better than belinelli, that's for sure.

cd98
08-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Until he can consistently make a jump shot he is in the lowest tier in the NBA. Barely good enough to make a roster. As a tweener, he's got to be able to shoot well enough to be a shooting guard.

timtonymanu
08-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I was sort of a fan of Nando before he started complaining and before Joseph proved to be a better prospect.

If the Spurs do plan on bringing in another point guard, I hope one of Mills/De Colo is traded, though I would prefer keeping Patty around.

Hoops Czar
08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey, I know the overall opinion of Nando (on Spurstalk) is not incredibly high. I certainly don't think he was actively bad, but he rarely made a positive impact. To me when he was in the game, he seemed like a place holder. But I was wondering what do you guys think of his potential to improve, specifically from his first season to the second. Pop is notorious for bringing players along slowly and limiting their minutes until they have a good amount of experience in the system. We all remember being so excited about Splitter, but due to his inexperience (and injuries) he really didn't crack the rotation in his first year.

Does anyone expect Nando to have a "breakout" performance next year and truly crack the rotation? Essentially, due any of you think the main hindrance of his effectiveness was inexperience as opposed to a lack of ability. If so, why?

You'd see pigs flying before you would Nando having a break out season. You just can't have a successful NBA career when you're not a threat to score. Nando can't shoot, create off the dribble or finish at the rim. His assist/turnover ratio is atrocious for a passing point guard and his defense is sporadic at best. Whoever coined the name "mini" Manu probably wishes he could take it back. He's way out of his depth in the NBA.

superbigtime
08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Of the mediocre guards we had last year, the only one I expect to have much of an impact this upcoming season is Gary Neal. He's going to be healthy and his confidence will be high. He's a seasoned player at the peak of his skills, warts and all. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook) now he's a Buck. I like Patty, but Spurs should've spent the money on Neal and let Patty go. I don't expect much from Joseph or Nando or Mills. I don't think any of these guys is a regular day in and day out rotation player. Joseph can't shoot, Nando can't defend, both of them can be shaky with the ball, and Mills is not really a PG. Even though Belli can be a ball handler, he's not a backup PG. Once again, Spurs didn't address needs.

Darius Bieber
08-25-2013, 05:41 PM
PlayNando should be in this thread at any moment..

swaggerjackson
08-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Nando can't shoot, create off the dribble or finish at the rim. His assist/turnover ratio is atrocious for a passing point guard and his defense is sporadic at best.

His jump shot is not good, agreed. But I am wondering if his lack of playmaking and finishing at the rim could be chalked up to having to concentrate on playing inside the offense. I am not asserting that, that was definitely the case. But from what I understand Nando is a bit of a showman, and that is why the comparisons to Manu came about in the first place. I wonder if he tried too hard to "become a Spur" and his game became a bit mechanical. If that were true, if/when he gets comfortable in the offense his production would likely improve. I mean after all Parker struggled early on due to the fact that he was trying to emulate Avery Johnson. Maybe Nando tried something similar. I'm just thought someone might have that view of the situation.

I don't expect much from Joseph or Nando or Mills.

Also I think Joseph is going to step up and definitively take the back up point guard role this season. He defense is considerably strong, and his offense is progressing. He can't shoot consistently yet, but it is not out of the question for him to develop his shot, especially with Chip on staff. Plus given that he plays limited minutes, I feel as though Pop could effectively "hide" him on offense so his lack of range is not a detriment. He brings a tenacity that is needed in the second unit. I love when he picks up opposing guards full court. This sort of pestering may seem small, but it goes a long way to get opposing offenses out of rhythm and robs them of a few precious seconds to get a shot up.

TXstbobcat
08-25-2013, 06:48 PM
He is a 3rd string guard.

jARS mEsH sEt
08-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Placeholder is a good way to put it.

When he first started playing for the Spurs, he showed quite a bit of promise (not as an all star or anything but as a solid role player). He seemed to have above average passing skills and court vision.

The problem is as time went on, opposing teams realized that Nando isn't capable of scoring himself. He shies away from shooting. He can't even take a big off the dribble in the pick and roll. His dribbling is slightly below average. His shooting overall is slightly below average. His 3 point shooting is fine, but again he doesn't take every open shot given to him.

Once opposing teams figured this out, his passing and above average court vision became totally nullified. It doesn't matter how well you can pass if your man is constantly sagging off you.

Incidentally, this is also the problem that modern day TOSB Manu has. He's no longer a scoring threat. He's easily discouraged from poor shooting slumps to the point where a shooting slump almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. As a result, it doesn't matter that Manu has good passing abilities because his defenders are constantly sagging off him. Yet, Manu tries to force passes anyway and this ends up in more turnovers as well. It's just a clusterfuck all around.

exstatic
08-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I think his attitude will write his ticket out of town next summer. He seems a bit too emo and entitled to be a Spur.

xmas1997
08-26-2013, 07:58 AM
My opinion of him at this point is incredibly low.

ThaBigFundamental21
08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I really thought he had a lot of potential, but he did a lot less than what I thought he would. I think he needs to hit the weight room hard, we all know he isn't super athletic. He has to make up for that somewhere. Improving his strength, speed, and leaping ability as much as he could would be a nice start. Also adding a consistent jump shot would be huge. I'm not completely down on him, but I do think I thought higher of him than he ever will be...

Captivus
08-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Nando has to choose his position, PG or SG.
If he chooses PG he has to learn how to attack the basket and finish.
If it is SG, he needs to learn how to shoot consistently.
Thats the key, IMO, what is his position. Does he know? Do the Spurs know?

bklynspursfan
08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
I thought he was solid in the time he started or got more PT while Parker was out, it was around the time Pop declared he was the backup PG. I'm not sure what changed that, but I think it's all mental for Nando at this point. His confidence seemed to be high and then it just sort of came and went.

td4mvp2k
08-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Nando has to choose his position, PG or SG.If he chooses PG he has to learn how to attack the basket and finish.If it is SG, he needs to learn how to shoot consistently.Thats the key, IMO, what is his position. Does he know? Do the Spurs know?^

MarCowMar
08-26-2013, 10:25 AM
My opinion of Nando is he doesn't seem to be working on his game or improving, and his natural talents are maybe even more limited than Beno's...

DMC
08-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I've seen him do some things that tell me he could be a top tier PG in this league under the right circumstances.

Bruno
08-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I've liked a lot what I'm seeing from De Colo with FNT this summer. If it translate with Spurs next season, he should turn as a solid contributor especially if Pop plays him at SG which is, IMO, his best spot in the NBA.

HI-FI
08-27-2013, 04:36 PM
I liked Nando a lot in the beginning. I soured on him somewhat after he went into Nando De Complainer mode about his playing time.

I don't know what his ceiling is, but I've seen him make passes that only a handful of guys in the league can make. He's got true, natural talent with court vision and passing. I also have a soft spot because he seemed like he genuinely wanted to be a Spur on draft night.

If he really wants to stay with the team, improve his shooting and overall efficiency, not complain like a bitch, then I think he could be a very valuable piece to the team.

spurraider21
08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Nando needs to have a consistent, reliable NBA 3 pointer to be effective. He is not quick enough on either end to be a pure point guard, but he can work to become a Manu-type playmaking 2 guard. He will need to have a better outside shot to make that work though. His percentage for the season wasn't bad, but he wasn't exactly a 3 point shooting threat when he was out there

Kidd K
08-27-2013, 05:16 PM
I think he's a terrible option going forward because he's too old to be considered a prospect and too raw to expect enough improvement in a fast enough time to make much use out of him.

I would rather go with a random late 1st round american PG than Nando De Colo. The best thing about him is his name. His athleticism is decent and his size is good, but his skill level is quite poor. If he was a PF or C, that would be acceptable. But I want my PG's skill to be his greatest assett, then I care about athleticism, then size. Basically De Colo goes in the opposite order of best to worst assets.

3 Legged Dog
08-27-2013, 11:43 PM
i always thought he was a bad signing, but i like him better than belinelli, that's for sure.

Do you watch much basketball?

BackHome
08-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Of the mediocre guards we had last year, the only one I expect to have much of an impact this upcoming season is Gary Neal. He's going to be healthy and his confidence will be high. He's a seasoned player at the peak of his skills, warts and all. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook) now he's a Buck. I like Patty, but Spurs should've spent the money on Neal and let Patty go. I don't expect much from Joseph or Nando or Mills. I don't think any of these guys is a regular day in and day out rotation player. Joseph can't shoot, Nando can't defend, both of them can be shaky with the ball, and Mills is not really a PG. Even though Belli can be a ball handler, he's not a backup PG. Once again, Spurs didn't address needs.

Could not have said it better!!

superbigtime
08-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Could not have said it better!!

Well thank you Sir. If Cojo can improve his shot and ball handling to match his defensive skills, he can be more of a regular rotation player. Neal frustrated all of us with his play and his crummy defense, but I did like him. He had alot of heart and had zero fear, and that's what you want in a player. Usually his positive play would compensate for his mistakes and he could be a big difference maker; we've all seen that. Of our trio of snaggle tooth skilled guards, I don't think any of them has ability or potential to be a difference maker in a game. Shoulda kept Neal. Not a huge loss. Hopefully Bellinelli has some positive impact; he is a skilled baller. We shall see.

ceperez
08-30-2013, 07:50 PM
I think he's a terrible option going forward because he's too old to be considered a prospect and too raw to expect enough improvement in a fast enough time to make much use out of him.

I would rather go with a random late 1st round american PG than Nando De Colo. The best thing about him is his name. His athleticism is decent and his size is good, but his skill level is quite poor. If he was a PF or C, that would be acceptable. But I want my PG's skill to be his greatest assett, then I care about athleticism, then size. Basically De Colo goes in the opposite order of best to worst assets.

Well at 30 years old, Childress hasn't played a lot of minutes. He played in Europe (not a lot of games there) and he rode the bench after he got back.

His main problem.... he can't shoot. But if Bowen could learn to shoot as a Spur and we have Chip to fix his stroke, then its a possibility. Someone besides Leonard needs to be able to defend guys like LeBron and Durant.

Sean Cagney
08-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Ehhhh so far, hope he improves.

You have low expectations off Belli huh? I hope he is not that bad. :wow

ceperez
08-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Well thank you Sir. If Cojo can improve his shot and ball handling to match his defensive skills, he can be more of a regular rotation player. Neal frustrated all of us with his play and his crummy defense, but I did like him. He had alot of heart and had zero fear, and that's what you want in a player. Usually his positive play would compensate for his mistakes and he could be a big difference maker; we've all seen that. Of our trio of snaggle tooth skilled guards, I don't think any of them has ability or potential to be a difference maker in a game. Shoulda kept Neal. Not a huge loss. Hopefully Bellinelli has some positive impact; he is a skilled baller. We shall see.

Spurs have 3 guards (Mills, Cojo, De Colo) where two of them should have been ditched to keep Neal. Pressure is now on the 3 guys to fix their deficiencies.

Cojo - Needs to improve shooting.
De Colo - Need better offense and defense.
Mills - Don't know how he can improve his defense.

PlayNando
08-31-2013, 02:03 AM

NANDO = THE FUTURE.

PLAY NANDO............

PlayNando
08-31-2013, 02:04 AM
PlayNando should be in this thread at any moment..
Hey there.

Nando is going to prove the haters wrong, per par...

Raven
08-31-2013, 04:12 AM
Ehhhh so far, hope he improves.

You have low expectations off Belli huh? I hope he is not that bad. :wow

he's pretty much a known quantity, shoot shoot shoot and it will be fine, if you ask him to defend or make plays or whatever, it's not going to end good.

Sean Cagney
08-31-2013, 01:36 PM
he's pretty much a known quantity, shoot shoot shoot and it will be fine, if you ask him to defend or make plays or whatever, it's not going to end good.

So he is about the same as Gary Neal?

Captivus
08-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey there.

Nando is going to prove the haters wrong, per par...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thracozaag/emo/dperl1.gif

Kidd K
08-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Well at 30 years old, Childress hasn't played a lot of minutes. He played in Europe (not a lot of games there) and he rode the bench after he got back.

His main problem.... he can't shoot. But if Bowen could learn to shoot as a Spur and we have Chip to fix his stroke, then its a possibility. Someone besides Leonard needs to be able to defend guys like LeBron and Durant.

Are you saying we should go with Childress and put a lot of stock into him? What's your full take on his potential?

Spurs have 3 guards (Mills, Cojo, De Colo) where two of them should have been ditched to keep Neal. Pressure is now on the 3 guys to fix their deficiencies.

Cojo - Needs to improve shooting.
De Colo - Need better offense and defense.
Mills - Don't know how he can improve his defense.

Neal is a great shooter which is undeniable, but the statistical facts were that the Spurs' offense actually suffered while he was on the court. We all know how bad his defense is too. Neal's offense doesn't make up for his bad defense. In fact his offense didn't produce anymore like it did when he first burst onto the scene. This may be more due to Manu's decline than Neal being worse, but the fact that he was reliant on that in the first place isn't a good thing.

It sucks to see him go, but I don't think it will be a huge loss. Belinelli sort of fills his role. He probably won't be as clutch though. Neal was great at hitting "impossible" shots.

As far as De Colo goes, I think he needs to improve so much in so many areas that it isn't worth the time. De Colo has some "unlearnable" assets like his size, but guys with size often don't learn the "learnable" things anyway. You see it every single year. . .big guy with tons of athleticism that just can't put it together skill-wise. Guys that got there based on their "gifts", not on their hard work and effort.

CoJo on the other hand I think is workable. He just needs to work on his scoring, whether it be catch and shoot or taking a pull up J off of screens like Parker does now. He's probably our best guy going forward since he just needs to work on one or two things which the Spurs have been able to teach many guys already (as you pointed out with Bowen learning to shoot earlier, and btw has also been the case with RJ and Leonard. Leonard was never really known as a 3pt guy and even RJ turned into a 3pt sniper with us).

PlayNando
08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thracozaag/emo/dperl1.gif
I just speak the truth to all those who will listen.

Those who choose not to listen are merely f00ls. Pay no attention to them.

Raven
09-01-2013, 02:00 AM
So he is about the same as Gary Neal?

yeah, without the balls, and the playmaking.

dbestpro
09-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Nando, when he was first drafted, seemed like a player who would never see a Spurs uniform. He kept playing, and got better.
He came over last year, and very few expected much if anything from him. In a strange way he played well enough that he now gets hammered for not being great.
The real turn in perception of Nando came when he complained of wanting more playing time. it really did not have much to do with basketball.

Nando, in truth, is an excellent passer. it may be his greatest strength. He has a great ability to see the floor. His defense is average, but is sufficeint from a team defense perspective. His height does provide for intrigue as a play making SG. Nando's greatest weakness, is his lack of outside shooting. He shoots from outside as bad as Green shoots a layup. Not generally a good thing, when it comes to play SG.

Nando needs to get that outside shot going to once again surprise the Spur faithful. You really can't call him a bust because there was never much expected from Nando. In the end I think he will put it together. Let's just hope that Chip can fix that shot.

Sean Cagney
09-01-2013, 02:37 PM
yeah, without the balls, and the playmaking.

Gary Neal was not a playmaker. He would take a big shot though. His shot selection at times and D would put you out of a game too, too many one on three 27 foot three pointers I saw him take out of the flow of the game. I hope he is an upgrade from Neal.

Those who choose not to listen are merely f00ls. Pay no attention to them.The truth would mean it's proven, he has not proven crap yet and did bad in the summer league even. He has to earn respect.

Axegrinder
09-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Those who choose not to listen are merely f00ls. Pay no attention to them.It seems to me that those that confuse truth with OPINION are the true fools. And btw, Nando is and will be a career average to under average NBA player at best. See there, that's MY opinion:toast

PlayNando
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
The truth would mean it's proven, he has not proven crap yet and did bad in the summer league even. He has to earn respect.
It speak the truth because I am the truth and I know the truth. Nando is also the TRUTH. Prove me wrong.

PlayNando
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
It seems to me that those that confuse truth with OPINION are the true fools. And btw, Nando is and will be a career average to under average NBA player at best. See there, that's MY opinion:toast
I know the truth and you are oblivious of it. It's okay. Some of us just aren't smart enough to be able to decipher the truth and have to rely of mysticism like religion to guide us since they can't discover truth for themselves. I pity you, tbh. :(

PlayNando
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Crocodile tears, per par...

Bruno
09-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Nando has shot the ball very well this summer with FNT. In the friendly games, he has been 14/26 from 3 point range. He is also now showing a nice tear drop which should help him.

And the idea that Nando can't shoot is just wrong. He has been a good shooter for his whole career.

Axegrinder
09-02-2013, 09:18 PM
I know the truth and you are oblivious of it. It's okay. Some of us just aren't smart enough to be able to decipher the truth and have to rely of mysticism like religion to guide us since they can't discover truth for themselves. I pity you, tbh. :(Its YOUR OPINION moron, and if you've convinced yourself of anything different, you also are mentally deficient.

therealtruth
09-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Nando at his best will probably be a poor man's Ginobili.

PlayNando
09-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Its YOUR OPINION moron, and if you've convinced yourself of anything different, you also are mentally deficient.
:lol

umadbro?

umadcuzimrightperpartbh?

My "opinion" is the only one that counts because IT IS THE TRUTH. FACE IT. LIVE WITH IT. Don't deny it unless you want to be delusional.

Sean Cagney
09-03-2013, 02:18 AM
It speak the truth because I am the truth and I know the truth. Nando is also the TRUTH. Prove me wrong.
His play so far proves you wrong sir. In the NBA and SUMMER league that is, sides one summer league game. I hope he comes and balls his ass off with us this year or improves alot, that would be very welcome as he is on our team :flag:

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Nando has shot the ball very well this summer with FNT. In the friendly games, he has been 14/26 from 3 point range. He is also now showing a nice tear drop which should help him.

And the idea that Nando can't shoot is just wrong. He has been a good shooter for his whole career.

He seemed to improve during the season as well. Made his trip to the doghouse more perplexing.

skulls138
09-03-2013, 07:16 AM
We need a reliable point guard to back up TP for sure and Im not ready to give it to C Joseph yet. I say give him a chance. He's tall, thats an asset.

Axegrinder
09-03-2013, 01:37 PM

umadbro?

umadcuzimrightperpartbh?

My "opinion" is the only one that counts because IT IS THE TRUTH. FACE IT. LIVE WITH IT. Don't deny it unless you want to be delusional. Why would I get mad over a twerp making ridiculous claims that he cant back up AT ALL with facts? My advice is, seek help boy.

PlayNando
09-03-2013, 03:17 PM
His play so far proves you wrong sir. In the NBA and SUMMER league that is, sides one summer league game. I hope he comes and balls his ass off with us this year or improves alot, that would be very welcome as he is on our team :flag:
You must not watch him on the French National Team, when it really matters, tbh. Summer League is a joke. Nando ain't got no time for that.

Axegrinder
09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
And yet IF he WOULD have managed to do anything in summer league (which he obviously did NOT)you would be citing it as absolute proof that he is a monster.

dbestpro
09-03-2013, 03:55 PM
And yet IF he WOULD have managed to do anything in summer league (which he obviously did NOT)you would be citing it as absolute proof that he is a monster.

Summer league is more about athleticism. Not much of an indication how one fits into the NBA, and in particular the team concept.

Axegrinder
09-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Summer league is more about athleticism. Not much of an indication how one fits into the NBA, and in particular the team concept.Ya thats pretty much a given...and not the point I was making anyway.

PlayNando
09-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Your opinion is noted and discarded as utter trash. Thanks.

PlayNando
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Why would I get mad over a twerp making ridiculous claims that he cant back up AT ALL with facts? My advice is, seek help boy.
You need to seek help. I am a FACT. You are a LIE.

Sean Cagney
09-03-2013, 10:36 PM
You must not watch him on the French National Team, when it really matters, tbh. Summer League is a joke. Nando ain't got no time for that.

What the hell do I care about the French National team for? WHen it counts? Thats the NBA or the Spurs should I say for me. Until he does a thing here I could care less how good he does for the FNT right now. I want him to go out and play well as a Spur. Summer league is a joke, he couldn't even play good there though.

PlayNando
09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
What the hell do I care about the French National team for? WHen it counts? Thats the NBA or the Spurs should I say for me. Until he does a thing here I could care less how good he does for the FNT right now. I want him to go out and play well as a Spur. Summer league is a joke, he couldn't even play good there though.
You are a joke, tbh.

You can't see the light, so you want to close the blinders over others' eyes. It's sad. :(

Sean Cagney
09-04-2013, 12:42 AM
You are a joke, tbh.

You can't see the light, so you want to close the blinders over others' eyes. It's sad. :(
STFU already and stop wasting my time with your bullshit about him being the saviour of this team. Lets see him actually do something in a real league then talk to me about him being great sir...... Whats funny is we all see you as Playblair in here, another joke of a player who has had limited success and you guys act like they are Isiah and Barkley for GODS SAKES.

Steve-O-Matic
09-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Spare.

Axegrinder
09-04-2013, 11:44 AM
You need to seek help. I am a FACT. You are a LIE.bahaha..The only facts about you are that you are a moronic troll, a TERRIBLE judge of talent and WRONG about virtually everything you choose to comment on.

PlayNando
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
STFU already and stop wasting my time with your bullshit about him being the saviour of this team. Lets see him actually do something in a real league then talk to me about him being great sir...... Whats funny is we all see you as Playblair in here, another joke of a player who has had limited success and you guys act like they are Isiah and Barkley for GODS SAKES.

Someone is mad...

It's not my fault that you hate all our foreign players, tbh.

PlayNando
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
bahaha..The only facts about you are that you are a moronic troll, a TERRIBLE judge of talent and WRONG about virtually everything you choose to comment on.

Got any proof or are you just spewing BS, per par?

PlayNando
09-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Spare.
I love you General Turgidson.

Axegrinder
09-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Got any proof or are you just spewing BS, per par? Nando shows all the proof needed on the court that he is a below par player, therefore, you are a complete moron calling him a soon to be all star etc. He may not even be in the league in a few years. His ceiling is average bench fodder..that is all

PlayNando
09-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Nando shows all the proof needed on the court that he is a below par player, therefore, you are a complete moron calling him a soon to be all star etc. He may not even be in the league in a few years. His ceiling is average bench fodder..that is all
Your opinion has been noted and thrown into the trash bin with other worthless opinions. Thanks for playing. :)

Axegrinder
09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Your opinion has been noted and thrown into the trash bin with other worthless opinions. Thanks for playing. :)Anyone with an opinion different than yours=worthless? Typical bitch. Hey! Your all-star Nando managed a whole NINE points in a LOSS vs one of the worst teams in the tourney! The ZERO assists were quite impressive too! Look out LeBron, Nando nipping at your heels! bahahahahahahaha:downspin:

xmas1997
09-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Nando shows all the proof needed on the court that he is a below par player, therefore, you are a complete moron calling him a soon to be all star etc. He may not even be in the league in a few years. His ceiling is average bench fodder..that is all

I wouldn't go so far as PlayNando does, not even close, but he does show a lot more promise as Bruno points out.
It could be why the Spurs continue to keep him.

PlayNando
09-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Anyone with an opinion different than yours=worthless?
Correct. Any intelligent person would agree.

Too bad you aren't one of them. But we always have to have the underclass in this world to clean our toilets, so I shouldn't hate. Someone's got to clean that shit up!

Axegrinder
09-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Correct. Any intelligent person would agree.

Too bad you aren't one of them. But we always have to have the underclass in this world to clean our toilets, so I shouldn't hate. Someone's got to clean that shit up!Delusional+narcissist tells me all I need to know about you chode. Built in excuse for posting moronic drivel as you do at virtually every turn. And btw, where are all the peeps that supposedly agree with you that Nando is a stud?

PlayNando
09-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Delusional+narcissist tells me all I need to know about you chode. Built in excuse for posting moronic drivel as you do at virtually every turn.

Do you even read your posts? You're making a fool of yourself. I feel bad for you, tbh. You just can't see the truth. :(

And btw, where are all the peeps that supposedly agree with you that Nando is a stud?

Most people are stupid. It's not my fault that they don't possess my intellectual capabilities.

exstatic
09-06-2013, 07:25 AM
It'll be fun next summer watching a poster named Play______ have his favorite player dropped from the roster.

Axegrinder
09-07-2013, 12:29 AM

Do you even read your posts? You're making a fool of yourself. I feel bad for you, tbh. You just can't see the truth. :(

Most people are stupid. It's not my fault that they don't possess my intellectual capabilities. As i said..DELUSIONAL and fify "It's not my fault that they don't possess my intellectual handi-capabilities." And for the record, it is YOU that is undoubtedly making a fool of yourself. I've yet to see a single person agree that NDC is now or will ever be All Star material.

Boomersgold
09-07-2013, 02:01 AM
As i said..DELUSIONAL and fify "It's not my fault that they don't possess my intellectual handi-capabilities." And for the record, it is YOU that is undoubtedly making a fool of yourself. I've yet to see a single person agree that NDC is now or will ever be All Star material.

I don't know how long you've been here, but don't take PlayNando's posts seriously. Everyone on here just treats him as the resident nutter.

Axegrinder
09-07-2013, 02:06 AM
I don't know how long you've been here, but don't take PlayNando's posts seriously. Everyone on here just treats him as the resident nutter.Not very long(considering I wasnt approved for posting for over 6 months), but I figured as much as far as really ANY of the Play___ posters go. Thanks for the heads up though

PlayNando
09-07-2013, 10:55 AM
As i said..DELUSIONAL and fify "It's not my fault that they don't possess my intellectual handi-capabilities." And for the record, it is YOU that is undoubtedly making a fool of yourself. I've yet to see a single person agree that NDC is now or will ever be All Star material.
ur pathetic tbh.

PlayNando
09-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't know how long you've been here, but don't take PlayNando's posts seriously. Everyone on here just treats him as the resident nutter.
i am an upstanding poster.

Axegrinder
09-07-2013, 10:03 PM
ur pathetic tbh.You're squirting tears girlie

Sean Cagney
09-08-2013, 12:02 AM
If Nando is half as good as his #1 fan here claims then we have nothing to worry about at the back up PG and SG for the next ten years! Our problem is solved!!!!!!

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 12:36 AM
You're squirting tears girlie
wut

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 12:48 AM
wutAre Nandos' nuts obstructing your vision?

xmas1997
09-08-2013, 01:56 AM
If Nando is half as good as his #1 fan here claims then we have nothing to worry about at the back up PG and SG for the next ten years! Our problem is solved!!!!!!

Are Nandos' nuts obstructing your vision?

:lmao:rollin:lol
Yeah, we are a shoo in for winning the next 5 titles with this stud on the team!

Sean Cagney
09-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Yeah, we are a shoo in for winning the next 5 titles with this stud on the team!

Sad thing is this guy is what he is, he is a career backup at best IMO and as much as I wish he was that good or even near as good as this guy claims I look at him and his play and his attitude at times and see he is truly not a great player and never will be. He sucked in summer league for Gods sakes lol.

Johnny RIngo
09-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Sad thing is this guy is what he is, he is a career backup at best IMO and as much as I wish he was that good or even near as good as this guy claims I look at him and his play and his attitude at times and see he is truly not a great player and never will be. He sucked in summer league for Gods sakes lol.

He's not even "career backup" quality. Nando sucks - shitty athleticism, can't shoot, can't run an offense. He makes Beno look like a star player.

I never understood WHY the Spurs were so invested in him. I remember watching French NT games a few years ago and came to the conclusion he's a scrub. Good enough for shitty Euroball but doesn't belong anywhere near an NBA court. The fact that he's a whiny bitch that feels he deserves court time makes it even worse. SA needs to cut their losses early and dump him.

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Are Nandos' nuts obstructing your vision?
cumatmebro

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
cumatmebro sorry, no homo, jizz bucket

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 07:18 PM
sorry, no homo, jizz bucket
i popped ur tit

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
He's not even "career backup" quality. Nando sucks - shitty athleticism, can't shoot, can't run an offense. He makes Beno look like a star player.

I never understood WHY the Spurs were so invested in him. I remember watching French NT games a few years ago and came to the conclusion he's a scrub. Good enough for shitty Euroball but doesn't belong anywhere near an NBA court. The fact that he's a whiny bitch that feels he deserves court time makes it even worse. SA needs to cut their losses early and dump him.
u r a lair

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
damn str8 son...........

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
i popped ur tit You pop knobs twink

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 09:45 PM
You pop knobs twink
cut me n00b

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 10:45 PM
cut me n00bWhat are you, 12? Just having a tantrum because your boy sucks..3 PTs today..LOOK OUT HALL OF FAME!

PlayNando
09-08-2013, 11:04 PM
What are you, 12? Just having a tantrum because your boy sucks..3 PTs today..LOOK OUT HALL OF FAME!
lolwut umadbro jus makin up sht tbh

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 11:07 PM
lolwut umadbro jus makin up sht tbh12 confirmed

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 12:05 AM
12 confirmed
bite me

Axegrinder
09-09-2013, 12:08 AM
bite meno homo means no homo homo

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 02:01 PM
no homo means no homo homo
grab my deck f00l

Axegrinder
09-09-2013, 06:09 PM
grab my deck f00lGrow one then ask your cub scout leader to give it a try

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Grow one then ask your cub scout leader to give it a try
thats kinky son

benefactor
10-10-2013, 06:52 PM
It was logical to assume a lot of things this offseason or last postseason. . .and plenty of it didn't happen.

There's a few things that point to De Colo being used before Joseph.

2013 stats (including playoffs):

De Colo: 934 minutes played
Joseph: 580 minutes played

Amount of continental US-born players on Spurs team not including Joseph right now: 1 (Leonard)

It's reasonable to assume Nando has pretty good chances of getting the first shot again. At worst they will be battling for it, and based on last season they were leaning towards Nando.
:lol first shot
:lol barely a DLeague level player
:lol your takes again

TD 21
10-10-2013, 06:55 PM

:lol You making fun of anyone else's takes
:lol Walking cliche
:lol Loser mentality
:lol Fake tough guy
:lol Thinking you're funny

benefactor
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
:lol sticking up for your disciple
:lol inferiority complex
:lol crying because people with more posts don't respect you
:lol sounding smart but dumb as shit

TD 21
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
:lol sticking up for your disciple
:lol inferiority complex
:lol crying because people with more posts don't respect you
:lol sounding smart but dumb as shit

:lol Thinking I'm sticking up and he's my disciple
:lol Clearly just learned the term
:lol Thinking I give a shit if the arrogant ass holes you worship respect me
:lol Inbred hick calling others dumb

benefactor
10-10-2013, 07:11 PM
:lol acting like you don't give a shit when you clearly do
:lol still stings
:lol vagina needs washing

TD 21
10-10-2013, 07:16 PM
:lol Confusing my calling those assholes on their overbearing arrogance as my seeking their respect
:lol Fat, inbred hick logic
:lol Playing some phony ass, tough, macho character on a message board

TE
10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
:popcorn:

PlayNando
10-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Cojo was pathetic in that game against Moscow. Nando wasn't great, but he's better than that scrubby Cojo.

3 Legged Dog
10-11-2013, 12:18 AM
I will pop open a bottle of champagne the day the Spurs cut the worthless turd, Nando DeScroto

Axegrinder
10-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Nando= scrub Playnando=a scrubs nut scrubber

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 11:09 PM

FuzzyLumpkins
10-12-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/10/11/131011popmov-3009252

3:45. Pop is asked about the #2 PG spot. He says CoJo is the incumbent and that Mills has come in dedicated and is competing hard. Bellinelli's work at the 1 in Chicago is also mentioned. There is no comment about DeColo whatsoever.

I would not be shocked if they just released DeColo at some point. He seems the type that gives millennials a bad name.

Texas_Ranger
10-12-2013, 01:47 PM
he sucks. thats all.

Kidd K
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM

The fuck is your point, dipshit? I said Nando sucked, just that I was worried Popovich would continue to play the shitty De Colo because of his love for internationals. You're crying about my saying Pop will give him a chance to battle for the backup PG spot as a shitty take somehow because De Colo sucks, as if I thought he was good in the first place?

Direct quote of my first post in this thread:

So you're literally claiming my take of saying De Colo sucks is shitty because. . . De Colo sucks.

You look mad desperate to find shit I was wrong about if you're straw grasping at this shit. Almost every take you have that isn't just pointing out the obvious turns out to be wrong. It just makes you look like a fool when you try to talk about other people's takes. I can already see other posters shitting on you for doing it since your takes are horrible.

Time to find a new passtime there champ.

benefactor
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM

td4mvp2k
10-12-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/10/11/131011popmov-3009252

3:45. Pop is asked about the #2 PG spot. He says CoJo is the incumbent and that Mills has come in dedicated and is competing hard. Bellinelli's work at the 1 in Chicago is also mentioned. There is no comment about DeColo whatsoever.

I would not be shocked if they just released DeColo at some point. He seems the type that gives millennials a bad name.if mills keeps up wat hes doin he shood be da #2 n let deculo be da towel boy dis season tbh

exstatic
10-12-2013, 10:47 PM
He may be the worst Euro they've ever actually brought over and signed.

Sean Cagney
10-12-2013, 11:17 PM
he sucks. thats all.
Period end of story. Play Nando can talk all that irrelevant bullshit all he wants to day and night but at the end of the day he still sucks in SUMMER league for Gods sakes.

wildcardX
10-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Anyone know why Nando got signed before Bertans and Hanga? Was he older and needed to be signed now? Is he better than the other two, and they don't really have a shot at coming to the Spurs?

Biernutz
10-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Who could we trade the Mavs for Nando

ElNono
10-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm sure Nando is a good guy, but I'm not sure he's a good fit. The Spurs keep trying to peg shooting guards into the backup PG slot (Mills, Neal, Nando, even Manu). I think it has to do with trying to keep a scoring-first PG behind Tony, but it hasn't worked.

The backup PG spot has been an issue for the longest time. TJ Ford was probably the only decent player we temporarily had plugging that hole, but since he retired, we've been having trouble filling that role again.

Baseline
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Nando is in some fantasy that because he's French, he's the next Tony Parker in Silver & Black. But in reality, Nando's contribution to the team this year will be pretty much the same as an average spurstalk poster, and will be far less than timvp's contribution.

Johnny RIngo
10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
After Nando was drafted, I remember watching a few French NT games and Euro matches and decided he sucked. I thought, "Oh well, at least they didn't waste a first rounder on him". Fast-forward a couple years and the Spurs actually decide to bring him over. That's when I really started worrying about the team. How the fuck does a professional organization like the Spurs look at Nando and decide he's NBA ready? Anybody that's watched him in Europe could tell you he has no business being in an NBA uniform.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-14-2013, 05:57 PM
i believe in nando, i wouldn't want to see the spurs move him. but he seems to be the trade speculation target of the season. burke is down 6-8 weeks. and utah is supposedly looking for a ball handler.