PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac on First Take right now..

70th Week
08-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Announced he's retiring from NBA. Door still open to go back to China.

updates:
says he knew why Jackson got the boot..
wished he could have helped..
hated game 6, still does...
didn't question Pop on sitting Timmy..

weebo
08-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Has beens and never coulds always feel like they could have won the championship for the team had they played.

Spur|n|Austin
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Adios Tracy.

Budkin
08-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Damn was hoping he'd get another go. Sorry you didn't get that ring Mac.

CitizenDwayne
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Farewell, T-Mac. You were, for a brief period, one of the greats.

Spur|n|Austin
08-26-2013, 10:13 AM
"When we were in the Finals and Manu (Ginobili) was struggling, I felt I could contribute, absolutely," McGrady said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9601279/tracy-mcgrady-retires-nba-overseas-next

KaiRMD1
08-26-2013, 10:14 AM
T-Mac's ring was getting out of the first round and getting a victory in the finals. The ol' sport has had a fine career.

td4mvp2k
08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Lol f u tmac :toast

philldafunk
08-26-2013, 10:44 AM
He was right about not playing D on Lebron when he started making his jumpers.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2013, 10:48 AM
If you don't think you can contribute, then you shouldn't suit up. And anyone who thinks he shouldn't have said that is an idiot. "Yeah, I'm not confident in my own abilities and my coach shouldn't play me". I'm sure that's what people want to hear. He's wrong either way in the eyes of some.

elbamba
08-26-2013, 11:15 AM
McGrady would not have been a difference maker against a team like the Heat. They were too fast for an old player with bad knees. I liked having McGrady on the team and wish him the best in China if that is what he decides to do. I would not be surprised to see him make one last comeback if the right opportunity arises.

ace3g
08-26-2013, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A_qk-NAMeiI

cd98
08-26-2013, 11:29 AM
McGrady wasn't a difference maker in garbage time against C team. How do you think he's going to do against the A-team? Manu truly was bad by his standards, but I'd take Manu at this point in their careers. Obviously, Tracey would sign an NBA contract if he could get it. Because he couldn't, he's retiring. Ginoboli could have had multiple contract offers if he had refused the Spurs.

That said, I don't mean to entirely bag on McGrady. He was a great player pre-injury/microfacture surgury, but now he is a shell of himself. Unfortunate that the injury has impacted him the way it has, but in all reality, if he had any game left, he would never have gone to S.A.

SpurSwag
08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Will always have love for Tmac, he was a professional his entire career. Like everyone else, I always kept watching garbage time just in hopes of seeing him score, but unfortunately it never happened. Oh well, best of luck to him with his future endeavors.

On a seperate note, the fact that he averaged somewhere near 25,5,5 in China but couldn't even score in garbage time in the NBA shows just how superior the talent is here.

timtonymanu
08-26-2013, 11:43 AM
McGrady sucked as a Spur, tbh.

I'm sure he enjoyed the journey.

look_at_g_shred
08-26-2013, 12:21 PM
The ol' sport has had a fine career.
:lmao

spurs10
08-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Pop would have really been crucified if he had put in bench players at crunch time. It was really close....

bklynspursfan
08-26-2013, 01:14 PM
If you don't think you can contribute, then you shouldn't suit up. And anyone who thinks he shouldn't have said that is an idiot. "Yeah, I'm not confident in my own abilities and my coach shouldn't play me". I'm sure that's what people want to hear. He's wrong either way in the eyes of some.

+1... & it's not like he went to Twitter and started bitching about it either.

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Has beens and never coulds always feel like they could have won the championship for the team had they played.

Guy seems humble to me. Wishes he could have helped. At least he hates Game Six unlike Manu who says, "Oh well."

I flew TMac years ago when he was still a star. A decent, polite, kind man.

icango
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
i think tmac could have help for a few times not for long stretches. but he didnt show anything when he did play. So thanks and good luck.

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
i think tmac could have help for a few times not for long stretches. but he didnt show anything when he did play. So thanks and good luck.

He facilitated as was his role. I think he had some juice left. He was just fitting in. Good guy. Good player. Sorry Manu cost him a ring...

rick1991
08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Wish Tmac would be given a fair chance in SA in meaningful minutes.

siraulo23
08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Tmac curse finally kicked in 28 secs to the championship

Indazone
08-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Great career T-Mac. Wish you the best. Now go win a title in China and get a statue!

therealtruth
08-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Game 6 probably drove TMac to retirement. Seriously, I agree with him that he could have helped in games 6-7. Our ball movement was seriously lacking for games 6-7 and he could certainly have helped to move the ball.

DMC
08-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't remember TMac hitting a single shot with the Spurs.

CitizenDwayne
08-26-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't remember TMac hitting a single shot with the Spurs.

From what I recall, he didn't.

DMC
08-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Game 6 probably drove TMac to retirement. Seriously, I agree with him that he could have helped in games 6-7. Our ball movement was seriously lacking for games 6-7 and he could certainly have helped to move the ball.

Sorry, if playing in China and Detroit didn't do it, no way in hell making the Finals did. He realizes he's never going to get big minutes because he cannot handle big minutes, his ego won't accept it though.

Kool Bob Love
08-26-2013, 06:37 PM
McGrady sucked as a Spur, tbh.

I'm sure he enjoyed the journey.

:cryBut T-Mac would have done a better job than Manu in the finals. :cry

No hate on the guy. T-mac would have been the greatest human cigar EVER. If he had scored in the finals....during garbage time tbh.

Chillen
08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
I remember in game 6 after the tying Ray Allen 3 that it would have been a good idea for Pop to draw up a play for Tmac to take the final shot. Miami would have left him wide open and if he missed it still goes to OT, instead Parker takes a terrible shot and misses badly. He was never really give a chance as a Spur, played garbage minutes and that's it. I was hoping he'd suit up one more time with the Spurs, oh well.

Tmac curse finally kicked in 28 secs to the championship

crock of s##t. Ray Allen happened to hit one of the biggest NBA finals shots of all-time to tie it, Spurs still had 1 more shot to win the NBA title in the closing moments of game 6 and it goes to OT and a game 7. Tmac really just sat on the bench the whole NBA finals, Manu had more of a negative impact to the Spurs than Tmac did.

Leetonidas
08-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Parker took a terrible shot? I thought Green got his shit pushed in by Bosh to send it to OT?

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
:cryBut T-Mac would have done a better job than Manu in the finals. :cry

Boom.

Tmac would have had some assists and a lot fewer turnovers than Turnobili.

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Parker took a terrible shot?

Yeah, imagine that. Parker taking a bad shot. Sarcasm mode off.

Tim was staring at Tony like, WTF WERE YOU THINKING DUDE? I WAS WIDE OPEN. PASS THE DAMNED BALL!

Kool Bob Love
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Parker took a terrible shot? I thought Green got his shit pushed in by Bosh to send it to OT?

more like 17 terrible shots. 6-23 brah.

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 07:49 PM
more like 17 terrible shots. 6-23 brah.

I still can't believe that... No way.

McGusto55
08-26-2013, 08:18 PM
He would have helped...he can dribble the ball...green kept gettin chased off the line...tmac would have finshed at the rim....

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 08:30 PM
He would have helped...he can dribble the ball...green kept gettin chased off the line...tmac would have finshed at the rim....

Speaking of the dribble.... TMac > Manu stumbling, staggering, forgetting HOW to dribble...

td4mvp2k
08-26-2013, 09:20 PM
^ dum tro

racm
08-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Class act. Wish him the best. To think he was SO CLOSE to being like D-Rob - retiring a champion.

:toast:

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 10:35 PM
^ dum tro

Dumb azz....

td4mvp2k
08-26-2013, 11:07 PM
TMac > Manu:lmao

rick1991
08-26-2013, 11:18 PM
I remember in game 6 after the tying Ray Allen 3 that it would have been a good idea for Pop to draw up a play for Tmac to take the final shot. Miami would have left him wide open and if he missed it still goes to OT, instead Parker takes a terrible shot and misses badly. He was never really give a chance as a Spur, played garbage minutes and that's it. I was hoping he'd suit up one more time with the Spurs, oh well.
Agree 100% tmac needed meaningful minutes. I wish we gave him the minutes Jack got

crock of s##t. Ray Allen happened to hit one of the biggest NBA finals shots of all-time to tie it, Spurs still had 1 more shot to win the NBA title in the closing moments of game 6 and it goes to OT and a game 7. Tmac really just sat on the bench the whole NBA finals, Manu had more of a negative impact to the Spurs than Tmac did.

therealtruth
08-26-2013, 11:29 PM
It's interesting that Spoelstra was ready to use Haslem less despite how much they had been through and Pop wasn't with Manu. Pop should have made the tough decision to go away from Manu. It wasn't just his turnovers but his mistakes on defense screwed up the team defense. The thing is in the past Manu always found ways to contribute even if he was struggling offensively.

Chillen
08-27-2013, 02:15 AM

That's how game 6 ended in OT, Spurs were trying to tie the game to force 2 OT. Miami won game 6 in OT by 3, 100-103. Yes Parker did take a terrible shot and missed badly which sent it to OT. The Ray Allen 3 didn't beat the Spurs just tied the game, it's the chain of events that occured after that shot that came back to bite the Spurs bigtime and they lost the OT and game 7, but they had their chances. Hopefully they learn from that finals loss and have a strong season in 2014 and try and win the NBA title.

Leetonidas
08-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Ah ok. Didn't Parker go apeshit in the last minute of that game though? Or was that game 7? I try to block those memories out :lol

spursparker9
08-27-2013, 11:25 AM
So what is the real reason that Jackson got cut?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Speaking of the dribble.... TMac > Manu stumbling, staggering, forgetting HOW to dribble...

Notice how nobody really responds to your posts anymore because they know you have down syndrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AvZQzj7CA

Btw just for your dyslexic ass, I made sure this was only from 11'-13'.. you know when he supposedly "started being drunk" (lol made the all star team in 11' fuckingidiot)

caŽlo
08-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Tough to imagine. Is tmac really that washed up? Unless he's asking for max money, I'm sure he's at least better than patty mills

cd98
08-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Boom.

Tmac would have had some assists and a lot fewer turnovers than Turnobili.

No offense, but this is just silly. T-Mac got minutes and assists against scrubs in the fourth quarter of blowouts. Incidentally, he couldn't score a basket to save his life in garbage time. Now you want to claim if he was going against Lebron and Wade and the rest of the first unit, he would have had less turnovers and more assists? That's laughable. Wade and Lebron are the most dangerous defenders of the passing lanes in the entire league. Ginoboli found that out the hard way. But while he could get away with some of his recklessness against the Grizzlies or the Warriors, no way he was going to do that against this team. That said, McGrady is slower than Ginoboli, can't shoot better than Ginoboli (even though Manu was pretty bad in most of the playoff games), and isn't a better passer than Ginoboli. He's also too slow now to guard Lebron or Wade. So if he was matching up against either Wade or Lebron (like Ginoboli was), you can bet he would have either had a gazillion turnovers or he would have been so ineffective by giving you nothing that you gain nothing by having him play. Because if he can't do anything, then Miami has a 5 on 4 advantage, which makes them even more dangerous. Ginoboli was bad during the playoffs, but McGrady was not an option to replace him.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:35 PM
:lmao

Quote correctly or don't quote at all.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:36 PM
No offense, but this is just silly. T-Mac got minutes and assists against scrubs in the fourth quarter of blowouts. Incidentally, he couldn't score a basket to save his life in garbage time. Now you want to claim if he was going against Lebron and Wade and the rest of the first unit, he would have had less turnovers and more assists? That's laughable. Wade and Lebron are the most dangerous defenders of the passing lanes in the entire league. Ginoboli found that out the hard way. But while he could get away with some of his recklessness against the Grizzlies or the Warriors, no way he was going to do that against this team. That said, McGrady is slower than Ginoboli, can't shoot better than Ginoboli (even though Manu was pretty bad in most of the playoff games), and isn't a better passer than Ginoboli. He's also too slow now to guard Lebron or Wade. So if he was matching up against either Wade or Lebron (like Ginoboli was), you can bet he would have either had a gazillion turnovers or he would have been so ineffective by giving you nothing that you gain nothing by having him play. Because if he can't do anything, then Miami has a 5 on 4 advantage, which makes them even more dangerous. Ginoboli was bad during the playoffs, but McGrady was not an option to replace him.

At least McGrady knew how to dribble, unlike Manu stumbling and staggering all over the floor.

Also, TMac knows what color jerseys HIS TEAM wears...

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Notice how nobody really responds to your posts anymore because they know you have down syndrome.

Btw just for your dyslexic ass, I made sure this was only from 11'-13'.. you know when he supposedly "started being drunk" (lol made the all star team in 11' fuckingidiot)

It is Down Syndrome with caps. Have some respect, clown. (And you call ME dyslexic! Lol moron! Epic fail.)

All Star schmall star. The guy is not an All Star any more. It could be argued Ginobili was Heat MVP.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:42 PM

therealtruth
08-27-2013, 05:42 PM

TMac felt he could have done better than a struggling Manu. I believe him.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
TMac felt he could have done better than a struggling Manu. I believe him.

So do I.

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote correctly or don't quote at all.:lol @ u mad cuz u dum n I quote u @ tmac > manu... Wat a tro pus!

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
:lol @ u mad cuz u dum n I quote u @ tmac > manu... Wat a tro pus!

Originally Posted by Skull-1

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Skull-1Speaking of the dribble.... TMac > Manu stumbling, staggering, forgetting HOW to dribble...lol gr8 quote "tmac > manu" :tu

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 07:21 PM
lol gr8 quote "tmac > manu" :tu

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
:lol Id be mad 2 tro

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 07:38 PM
:lol Id be mad 2 tro

Where's my ignore button. I can only handle so much Ebonics or redneckfonix or whatever it is called....

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Notice how nobody really responds to your posts anymore because they know you have down syndrome.Btw just for your dyslexic ass, I made sure this was only from 11'-13'.. you know when he supposedly "started being drunk" (lol made the all star team in 11' fuckingidiot)lol dat foo iz da same DA dat said manu waz white... :lmao

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Where's my ignore button. I can only handle so much Ebonics or redneckfonix or whatever it is called....:cry tmac > manu :cry... :lol

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 07:41 PM
This message is hidden because td4mvp2k is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

Blessed silence. Ah......

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
^ Fn GNSF!

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 07:58 PM
View Post

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
This message is hidden because td4mvp2k is on your ignore list.View PostRemove user from ignore list:lol @ :cry I ignore u :cry... Gtfo tro pus!

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 08:17 PM
View Post

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 08:22 PM
lol dat foo iz da same DA dat said manu waz white... :lmao

This snuck under the wire. What is he if he isn't Caucasian you idiot? He is essentially Italian by ancestry, dipstick. What race would that be?

You are soooooooo stupid.

td4mvp2k
08-27-2013, 08:41 PM
This snuck under the wire. What is he if he isn't Caucasian you idiot? He is essentially Italian by ancestry, dipstick. What race would that be?You are soooooooo stupid.:lol @ caucasian... TY 4 dat... :lol

cd98
08-27-2013, 09:00 PM

Yeah so why is a younger McGrady not signed to an NBA team if he was good enough to play against Lebron in game 6 or 7 in the NBA finals? Maybe because every GM in the NBA doesn't see what you see?

exstatic
08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Wish Tmac would be given a fair chance in SA in meaningful minutes.

Why? He was here for a couple of games, and then the playoffs. He sucked any time they put him in the game for garbage time. You really wanted him to play "meaningful minutes" when he showed nothing?

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah so why is a younger McGrady not signed to an NBA team if he was good enough to play against Lebron in game 6 or 7 in the NBA finals? Maybe because every GM in the NBA doesn't see what you see?

And you....with Pop and the rest....can't see what my ten-year old daughter sees. Manu sucks.

HE

COULD

NOT

EVEN

DRIBBLE

THE

BALL.

Are you blind? Everyone talks about Willie Mays' supposed stumbling in the outfield. A total wive's tale....fwiw. Manu made that pale in comparison with his horrific performance. TMac would not have shamed himself like that.

McGrady was excellent as a facilitator in his time on the court. Assists. Blocks. Few turnovers. A team player. A SPURS TEAM PLAYER....not a Heat team player.

You people are delusional.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Why? He was here for a couple of games, and then the playoffs. He sucked any time they put him in the game for garbage time. You really wanted him to play "meaningful minutes" when he showed nothing?

He had a higher assist to turnover ratio than your beloved staggering Argentine loser. And got some blocks to go with it.

Turnobili couldn't even remember how to dribble until Game Three. He was an embarrassment.

ElNono
08-27-2013, 11:07 PM
I was rooting for TMac, but his grand total of 31 minutes against absolutely garbage talent didn't really show anything... retirement isn't really a surprise.

therealtruth
08-28-2013, 05:15 AM

It's pretty stupid to judge a player based on garbage minutes. Blair was impressive in garbage minutes. Does that mean he's a good player?

admiralsnackbar
08-28-2013, 05:23 AM
It's pretty stupid to judge a player based on garbage minutes. Blair was impressive in garbage minutes. Does that mean he's a good player?

Thanks for the laugh.

cd98
08-28-2013, 05:28 AM
And you....with Popnand the rest....can't see what my ten-year old daughter sees. Manu sucks.

HE

COULD

NOT

EVEN

DRIBBLE

THE

BALL.

Are you blind? Everyone talks about Willie Mays' supposed stumbling in the outfield. A total wive's tale....fwiw. Manu made that pale in comparison with his horrific performance. TMac would not have shamed himself like that.

McGrady was excellent as a facilitator in his time on the court. Assists. Blocks. Few turnovers. A team player. A SPURS TEAM PLAYER....not a Heat team player.

You people are delusional.

Ginoboli scored 18 points in game 7 of the NBA finals. I think he can dribble. McGrady couldn't score in garbage minutes. Back to my point, though, every GM in the league passed on McGrady who is 34 I think. If he was a facilitator that was good enough to play in the NBA, he would have been signed at least for the minimum. As for Manu, I have no doubt that if the Spurs didn't sign him, he'd have 29 other teams that would, even at his age and decline on skills bc he is still a quality NBA player.

DMC
08-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Whatever hate you have for whichever player, neither Manu nor TMac belong anywhere on the floor during crunch time these days. Sad to say, but the Spurs only have TP as a crunch time guy. Green isn't that guy, Leonard might be but he's relegated to the corner where it's scraps mostly, and the new guys haven't played a minute so we don't know about them. We can argue which washed up player needs more minutes, but the run stops at some point. It might not be a trend, but more like a Li battery that just dies.

Skull-1
08-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Whatever hate you have for whichever player, neither Manu nor TMac belong anywhere on the floor during crunch time these days. Sad to say, but the Spurs only have TP as a crunch time guy. Green isn't that guy, Leonard might be but he's relegated to the corner where it's scraps mostly, and the new guys haven't played a minute so we don't know about them. We can argue which washed up player needs more minutes, but the run stops at some point. It might not be a trend, but more like a Li battery that just dies.

Hard to argue with this....

Skull-1
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Ginoboli scored 18 points in game 7 of the NBA finals. I think he can dribble.

How many turnovers in the fourth quarter?

Did you not see him staggering and stumbling in Game 2?

rick1991
08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Whatever hate you have for whichever player, neither Manu nor TMac belong anywhere on the floor during crunch time these days. Sad to say, but the Spurs only have TP as a crunch time guy. Green isn't that guy, Leonard might be but he's relegated to the corner where it's scraps mostly, and the new guys haven't played a minute so we don't know about them. We can argue which washed up player needs more minutes, but the run stops at some point. It might not be a trend, but more like a Li battery that just dies.What about Duncan?

szkorhetz
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
How many turnovers in the fourth quarter?

Did you not see him staggering and stumbling in Game 2?

Game 6?

Skull-1
08-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Game 6? Game 7....

cd98
08-28-2013, 04:28 PM
It's kind of funny because few people are going to argue that Ginoboli played well. If you want to say he played bad in several of the games, that is beyond dispute. Where the anti-Manu crowd becomes laughable is when they assert that Tracy McGrady should have replaced Ginoboli. I've yet to hear one coach, GM, analyst, or sportswriter make that argument. Only people that appear to be less informed think McGrady has anything left. I'm not so much defending Manu as criticizing the stupidity of thinking that (a) the Spurs would be better with McGrady playing over Manu; or (b) that McGrady has anything left to offer the NBA.

And I'm yet to hear why McGrady was playing in China last year instead of being on an NBA roster. I'm also yet to hear why McGrady is retiring when the McGrady worshipers contend that he could have done something against Lebron James and Dwayne Wade in game 6 or 7 of the NBA finals, or even that he could have done better than Ginoboli (or at least not as bad). That's laughable. Lebron or Wade would destroy what is now a slow-footed and grounded Tracy McGrady. He has nothing left, unless it's in the China leagues. Ginoboli, as subpar as he played, could have signed with any team in the NBA this offseason, I'd bet. Maybe not for his current salary, but at least for the league minimum, and teams that had more money would have offered more. Tracy McGrady could not. Not evenf or the mimimum. That should be the end of the argument.

Skull-1
08-28-2013, 07:43 PM
It's kind of funny because few people are going to argue that Ginoboli played well. If you want to say he played bad in several of the games, that is beyond dispute. Where the anti-Manu crowd becomes laughable is when they assert that Tracy McGrady should have replaced Ginoboli. I've yet to hear one coach, GM, analyst, or sportswriter make that argument. Only people that appear to be less informed think McGrady has anything left. I'm not so much defending Manu as criticizing the stupidity of thinking that (a) the Spurs would be better with McGrady playing over Manu; or (b) that McGrady has anything left to offer the NBA.

And I'm yet to hear why McGrady was playing in China last year instead of being on an NBA roster. I'm also yet to hear why McGrady is retiring when the McGrady worshipers contend that he could have done something against Lebron James and Dwayne Wade in game 6 or 7 of the NBA finals, or even that he could have done better than Ginoboli (or at least not as bad). That's laughable. Lebron or Wade would destroy what is now a slow-footed and grounded Tracy McGrady. He has nothing left, unless it's in the China leagues. Ginoboli, as subpar as he played, could have signed with any team in the NBA this offseason, I'd bet. Maybe not for his current salary, but at least for the league minimum, and teams that had more money would have offered more. Tracy McGrady could not. Not evenf or the mimimum. That should be the end of the argument.

McGrady would have had to screw up royally to do worse than Manu did. I just don't see TMac turning it over eight times in Game Six.....or four times in the fourth of Game 7.....or stumbling and staggering like a drunken sailor in Game 2. Manu wasn't just bad, he was epically horrendous.

DMC
08-28-2013, 09:59 PM
What about Duncan?

What about him?

xmas1997
08-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Sorry to see TMac go. Too bad he couldn't have gotten a ring to retire on.
I actually thought the Spurs might bring him back one more time.

rick1991
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
What about him?

You said: "the Spurs only have TP as a crunch time guy" .... so is TD not a crunch time guy?

DMC
08-29-2013, 06:17 PM
You said: "the Spurs only have TP as a crunch time guy" .... so is TD not a crunch time guy?

No. You don't give the ball Tim Duncan atop the key and expect him to make a play.

DMC
08-29-2013, 06:18 PM

What's even crazier is that you cannot spell Ginobili.

Skull-1
08-29-2013, 06:34 PM
What's even crazier is that you cannot spell Ginobili.
LOL

anakha
08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
No. You don't give the ball Tim Duncan atop the key and expect him to make a play.

To be fair, simply giving a player the ball at the top of the key and letting him create has been something the Spurs have tried to avoid in their crunchtime plays.

Two distinct examples of this would be Parker's game winner against OKC and Duncan's game winner against LAC. Both shots went up after some misdirection done prior to either player getting the ball.

DMC
08-29-2013, 08:47 PM
To be fair, simply giving a player the ball at the top of the key and letting him create has been something the Spurs have tried to avoid in their crunchtime plays.

Not if we are ahead.

Two distinct examples of this would be Parker's game winner against OKC and Duncan's game winner against LAC. Both shots went up after some misdirection done prior to either player getting the ball.
You're talking about someone taking the last shot. That's not the same as having someone who can handle the ball in crunch time situations. Any decent spot up shooter can receive the ball and shoot it in late game situations.

Indazone
08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
I think T-Mac could have scored. He was never given a chance and when he was in garbage minutes, he passed off. Put him in and give him the green light and I"m sure he would have produced. But that was not to be as Pop decided to go with the horses that brought him there. Was hoping he'd get a roster spot on the Spurs next season to show what he could do.