PDA

View Full Version : Parker injures right knee in exhibition game. Will undergo MRI

elmanutres
08-26-2013, 07:15 PM
*Update* His knee turned out fine. He's alright

Last Thursday, San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker had sustained a minor injury to his right knee (http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/report-tony-parker-injured-during-team-france-practice.html) in the French National teams practice session. After sitting out in France's loss to Spain on Friday (http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/france-italy-canada-all-fall-over-weekend-in-exhibition-play.html), Parker returned to the court Monday as France lost to Spain once again 85-84.
According to the French website L'Equipe, Parker's knee was injured again in the match and he will have to undergo an MRI on Tuesday.
Via L'Equipe with a translation.
Once again the victim of a hit on the right knee, he spent an MRI on Tuesday in Paris.

After the game, Parker commented on the loss in which he led Les Bleus with 29 points. Making an inference based on his comments, he's speaking in the context like he's assuming he'll be ok in the future and ready to play for France in the upcoming Eurobasket tournament next week.
"We need to continue to grow, but it is true that we have missed a great opportunity to win this game. It would have been good to take. It was a good game overall. Me, I have to continue to get back in shape. I had a good shot at the end but I did not put. I go tired of this game. There are many things we can do better. we need to learn to win these matches and then manage these matches there. We'll fight. It will change one day or another. It is the preparation and the goal is to beat in competition. "

The next step will be for Parker to undergo the MRI and to see just how much damage his knee has sustained. Depending on the MRI results, it'll be interesting to see if he will continue playing with the French National team or if his body will need more time to rest and recover before the Spurs' 2013-2014 training camp begins.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/report-parker-injures-right-knee-again-will-undergo-mri-tuesday.html

lefty
08-26-2013, 07:17 PM
What a little girl

Bruno
08-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Don't post these crappy articles with crappy google translation. ST should be better than that.

ThePop
08-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Who cares, we're not getting back to the finals again.

Kool Bob Love
08-26-2013, 07:41 PM
6-23. Fucking Idiot.

Brah that's sooo 2007. Also I hope #50 masturbated before he shake your hand. SRS

Skull-1
08-26-2013, 07:50 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! This is too damned good to be true. French douchebag idiot.

TD 21
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Minor injury or not, unfortunately, this is probably just the tip of the ice burg. He's pushed so hard the last two years and when you factor in his overall mileage and the style he plays, it was bound to catch up to him at some point.

I have a bad feeling he's going to battle minor injuries on and off all season, which is why I was steadfast that they needed a starting caliber backup (Collison, Harris, Williams), so that they could nurse him through the regular season similar to the way they do Duncan and Ginobili, while not sacrificing a top 2-3 seed in the process.

UZER
08-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Minor injury or not, unfortunately, this is probably just the tip of the ice burg. He's pushed so hard the last two years and when you factor in his overall mileage and the style he plays, it was bound to catch up to him at some point.

I have a bad feeling he's going to battle minor injuries on and off all season, which is why I was steadfast that they needed a starting caliber backup (Collison, Harris, Williams), so that they could nurse him through the regular season similar to the way they do Duncan and Ginobili, while not sacrificing a top 2-3 seed in the process.

I hope your ready for belineli to be moved to backup pt grd....of course after he starts the season on fire.

HI-FI
08-26-2013, 08:06 PM

true.

don't need this
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-11413-Wheels-Fly-Off-Racecar-gif-ECKu.gif

Josepatches_
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Minor issue. He'll be ok.

In other news we won both games . This time Parker was on the court and the game was in France :toast

EVAY
08-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh, for Pete's sake, Tony runs more miles during every single game than most players do in ten games. He IS the Spurs' motion offense, and even the national media talked about it alot during the finals. He is hard on other guys to guard for much of a game because he wears them down because he runs so much and so fast that he wears others down by the end of the game if the the opponent only plays one defendant against him for the entire game.

It is very possible that if the Spurs hadn't run him into the ground over the last two years carrying the team during the regular season injuries to Tim and Manu that he wouldn't have gotten hurt at all.

Idiots on this board who try to claim that he is soft are just making fools of themselves.

racm
08-26-2013, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/suicide-hanging-rope.jpg

http://static.environmentalgraffiti.com/sites/default/files/images/Australia_CliffDiver.jpg

JR3
08-26-2013, 10:16 PM
NO!!! He is supposed to get injured the year Duncan and Ginobili are gone...and Leonard is out half the season.... Poorly timed...

anakha
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM

illusioNtEk
08-27-2013, 09:30 AM
hes fine, we getting the rings next year

Darkwaters
08-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Stepping away from the ledge...

jag
08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
"I go tired of this game."

I agree 100%.

Rogue
08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
How spurs fans wish it had happened to manu...

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.60813!/image/1984143469._gen/derivatives/box_475/1984143469.

It was a Renault car that went crashed, not a red bull one imho.

AchillesHeel
08-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Phew, this nigga better not tear his ACL before training camp.

superbigtime
08-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Geez Louise. Glad it isn't serious.

KaiRMD1
08-27-2013, 12:30 PM
The ol' sport will be fine, this is our year.

romain.star
08-27-2013, 01:42 PM

Good point though Duncan never really had a quality back-up throughout his +30 yeard old career

TXstbobcat
08-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Kind of scary but really glad his knee is okay.

elmanutres
08-27-2013, 02:16 PM
glad he's ok too. had he torn his acl i expected greatyacht's army to wage war on the popsuckers again

Holden_Caulfield
08-27-2013, 02:17 PM
someone needs to update the thread title :bang

cheguevara
08-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Kidd K
08-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Not sure why any Spurfans are laughing about that like it's a good thing. We don't have Parker, we don't get HCA for the playoffs and we lose in the first round. In fact, our title hopes drop to almost 0% and Duncan retires from a shitty Spurs team who can barely crack the playoffs.. Shit isn't funny or something you want to happen guys.

Parker is our best player when you consider talent, contribution, and age.

I blame Manu more than any other Spurs player for our loss in the Finals last year, but I don't want him to be injured. We're stuck with him again so I hope he stays healthy and gets his shit together and gets back to form. We don't have a second option if Manu does get injured. We have no other playmakers besides Parker (due to lack of offseason moves) who's already going to be overloaded with those duties for the 2nd year in a row.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Not sure why any Spurfans are laughing about that like it's a good thing. We don't have Parker, we don't get HCA for the playoffs and we lose in the first round. In fact, our title hopes drop to almost 0% and Duncan retires from a shitty Spurs team who can barely crack the playoffs.. Shit isn't funny or something you want to happen guys.

Parker is our best player when you consider talent, contribution, and age.

I blame Manu more than any other Spurs player for our loss in the Finals last year, but I don't want him to be injured. We're stuck with him again so I hope he stays healthy and gets his shit together and gets back to form. We don't have a second option if Manu does get injured. We have no other playmakers besides Parker (due to lack of offseason moves) who's already going to be overloaded with those duties for the 2nd year in a row.

Floyd Pacquiao
08-28-2013, 06:53 AM
tp comments on knee via facebook

Further to my wound, everything goes well but I have to stay in Paris until Saturday for intensive care, it's really a pity…see very soon in China …
https://www.facebook.com/tp9network/posts/10151622166663173

racm
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah. Just put him in bubble wrap until training camp.

buttsR4rebounding
08-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Good point though Duncan never really had a quality back-up throughout his +30 yeard old career

I don't think there is anything wrong, but I was at San Antonio Sports Medicine today. I need to get my shoulder scoped, and who walks out of the private area: Tim Duncan. Probably just a routine checkup for those well-used knees...

TD 21
08-29-2013, 06:42 PM

With the exception of two seasons ago and the beginning of last season, when Splitter backed him up, that's true, but the team had become deep and explosive enough offensively that, despite that, they could generally survive long stretches without him.

Unless Ginobili, to some extent, regains his form, they're not good enough to do that with Parker (even then, Ginobili never plays more than 8-9 minutes at a time and roughly half of what he does play is spent alongside Parker), nor go long stretches or full games where he can play a relatively minor role offensively. He's generally got to be pedal to the metal or the game is going to be, at minimum, a struggle.

wildbill2u
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Pop has always given permission, however reluctantly, to players who wish to play for their national team in the off season. He has explained that he realizes the pride and pressures that make players want to represent their country.

However, it most often has had some negative results, whether actual injuries or simply wearing out the players from too much playing without a break. I was glad to hear that Manu was finally ending his playing days with the Argentina national team.

Baseline
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.60813!/image/1984143469._gen/derivatives/box_475/1984143469.

Exactly - but before we paid him 14.5M to provide even more crunchtime turnovers.

Skull-1
08-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Exactly - but before we paid him 14.5M to provide even more crunchtime turnovers.