PDA

View Full Version : T-shirter thead

lebomb
08-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Be honest bishes...........who loves and supports a college team that they never stepped foot on the campus of.

I admit I used to T-shirt UT when I was a kid. But I tore that shit off once I actually went to college and could support my alma bishes.

PS. There isn't anything wrong with grabbing a new T-shirt for the national champ you switched over to each year. :toast

rjv
08-27-2013, 10:02 AM
grew up a notre dame fan because my father went there but that changed of course when i went to a&m.

lebomb
08-27-2013, 10:04 AM
grew up a notre dame fan because my father went there but that changed of course when i went to a&m.

Cool......... I respect that. Hey, I still like Notre Dame yet never went there. That being said, I dont wear their Tshirts either.

Vito Corleone
08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Outside of myself and two cousins, every member of my family that has graduated from a University has graduated from the University of Texas. Growing up a fan of Texas was required in my family.

Nothing has changed for me, I attended SWT, and UT Arlington, but because I kept getting promoted in my job I kept moving up and changing cities. Finally ended up in Minneapolis where I finally finished at Minnesota. Outside of finishing a degree I started several years earlier I never had any ties to the school. I probably have more ties to the Minnesota Vikings than the Gophers.

FkLA
08-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Outside of myself and two cousins, every member of my family that has graduated from a University has graduated from the University of Texas. Growing up a fan of Texas was required in my family.

Nothing has changed for me, I attended SWT, and UT Arlington, but because I kept getting promoted in my job I kept moving up and changing cities. Finally ended up in Minneapolis where I finally finished at Minnesota. Outside of finishing a degree I started several years earlier I never had any ties to the school. I probably have more ties to the Minnesota Vikings than the Gophers.

Just curious, not talking shit...doesnt it feel kinda gay rooting for a school you didn't attend? Grew up a UT t-shirt fan but I felt pretty gay when I went to a game and they were singing the alumni song.

lebomb
08-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I felt pretty gay when I went to a game and they were singing the alumni song.

:lol

FkLA
08-27-2013, 12:05 PM
or the alma mater i meant, made me feel really gay tbh

ThePop
08-27-2013, 12:10 PM
I was a UT t-shirt fan when I was a kid and now I'm at UT.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I've known plenty of t-shirt fans that are much better fans than I am - they buy tickets, go to games, contribute as boosters, tailgate, etc. Attending the school doesn't make you a better fan or special for some reason.

FkLA
08-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I've known plenty of t-shirt fans that are much better fans than I am - they buy tickets, go to games, contribute as boosters, tailgate, etc. Attending the school doesn't make you a better fan or special for some reason.

Contribute as booster to a school that isnt even their alma mater? :lol

Attending the school doesnt automatically make people good fans, I agree. That's completely separate from t-shirters repping a school they never attended though tbh.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Contribute as booster to a school that isnt even their alma mater? :lol

Attending the school doesnt automatically make people good fans, I agree. That's completely separate from t-shirters repping a school they never attended though tbh.

It's about hubris, pride, and trying to make yourself feel better by lording the fact you attended whatever university and they didn't.

Sisk
08-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Are you just going to avoid the bet I offered?

Bill_Brasky
08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
t shirters make college sports profitable tbh

leemajors
08-27-2013, 01:38 PM

exactly.

FkLA
08-27-2013, 01:54 PM
It's about hubris, pride, and trying to make yourself feel better by lording the fact you attended whatever university and they didn't.

Not really. I'm fully aware of the fact that my school wont ever be UT or A&M, don't need to make myself feel better about that.

I just think being a t-shirt fan is a really dumb concept. No different than if I hopped on the Steele HS (a school I never attended) bandwagon and started donating money to them. Or wearing their shirts all over the place, talking shit to smaller high schools. That'd be stupid.

This is a fact.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Not really. I'm fully aware of the fact that my school wont ever be UT or A&M, don't need to make myself feel better about that.

I just think being a t-shirt fan is a really dumb concept. No different than if I hopped on the Steele HS (a school I never attended) bandwagon and started donating money to them. Or wearing their shirts all over the place, talking shit to smaller high schools. That'd be stupid.

This is a fact.

do you also believe you have to live within a certain range of an NFL team to be a fan?

FkLA
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
do you also believe you have to live within a certain range of an NFL team to be a fan?

Depends. Its kind of dumb to be a Patriots or Yankees fan in Texas for example.

Pro teams are completely different though. They represent a city/region. College teams, first and foremost, represent their university.

rjv
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
t-shirters are only obnoxious when they talk trash about another team's university or the school's traditions; seems odd coming from individuals from commuter schools or who never even attended a college.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Depends. Its kind of dumb to be a Patriots or Yankees fan in Texas for example.

Pro teams are completely different though. They represent a city/region. College teams, first and foremost, represent their university.

Since you can pretty much watch any team you want online, region is becoming less and less important in that respect. You can be a die hard UT/Aggie fan in Australia and see just about everything. I think that is pretty sweet.

Spur|n|Austin
08-27-2013, 02:30 PM
UT leads the nation in t-shirt fans; not that there's anything wrong with that.

t-shirters are only obnoxious when they talk trash about another team's university or the school's traditions; seems odd coming from individuals from commuter schools or who never even attended a college.

THIS is the only time it gets to me, tbh.

lebomb
08-27-2013, 02:46 PM

Yeah, like Stretch.......always LOL Utsa, yet this bish dropped out of middle school.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Most of those traditions absolutely deserve some mockery tbh

Spur|n|Austin
08-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Most of those traditions absolutely deserve some mockery tbh

Possibly, though not by an ACC, SAC, or UTSA grad who is rooting for the Longhorns.

leemajors
08-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Possibly, though not by an ACC, SAC, or UTSA grad who is rooting for the Longhorns.

I think you're taking yourself and your university way too seriously if that's the case :lol

starboy
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Growing up in Lubbock I was(and still am to a degree) a closet Texas Tech fan. My mom went there for a semester in the 70s before dropping out to buy a Trans Am...she never went back. I ended up going to UT for two years before dropping out after having a kid. I then moved to SA for a job and finished up at UTSA.

I'm not sure how you guys define T-Shirt fan, but I guess since UTSA is where I graduated, I'm a T-Shirt fan of UT and Texas Tech? To be honest, the whole idea is dumb if you ask me lol.

ColinB
08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I'll never understand the negativity behind "t-shirt fan"

Do people really care? Lol.

sahoopster
08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm a t-shirt fan of a few teams. The idea it makes you less of a fan of you didn't go there is silly.

I graduated and played baseball at UIW but have yet to go to one of their football games, although I do have a shirt. Grew up a good Catholic loving Notre Dame and my cousin went there; have several shirts and been to a couple of their games in South Bend and when they had a game in the Alamodome. Go to the Alamo Bowl almost every year, hell even wore an TAMU shirt the last time they played against Penn State. Have UTSA season tickets and love watching them play with my wife and kids - a couple of my wife's former students from Roosevelt play on the team - we have several UTSA shirts although we didn't go there. Also have UT season tickets - where my wife graduated from - and we have tons of shirts.

Shut up about the whole "t-shirt" fan and let people enjoy the team(s) they root for. THAT BEING SAID, annoying t-shirt fan is annoying, and I do feel silly when I sing the alma-mater of a school I didn't attend.

sahoopster
08-27-2013, 08:34 PM
I've never had my ID checked to see if I went to their school before I attended a game.

The Reckoning
08-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I've never had my ID checked to see if I went to their school before I attended a game.

i have for my student section ticket :lol

benefactor
08-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll never understand the negativity behind "t-shirt fan"

Do people really care? Lol.
No...they don't.

College football is on par with any pro sport. People who aren't alumni choose a D-1 team in their state just like they choose a pro team. Just like with their pro team, they buy tickets and merchandise and as was mentioned earlier they are the primary reason the NCAA even has the profits or sponsors to push the sport nationwide...giving the level of exposure it needs to keep those profits(just like pro sports). NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA Football...it's all sports with fans that support them and none of them would exist at their current scale without them.

lebomb
08-27-2013, 09:06 PM
I consider a T-shirt fan one that is obnoxious about it. A person that talks shit to and about teams that other fans support because they have a tie to the school. Typically its through graduation. They T-shirt UT, Alabama or Florida, USC......schools that are always ranked and are in the national championship hunt yearly, and yet have never even seen the campus, talking big shit like they are boosters and assistant coaches to the program. That is the typical T-shirter that I can stand. Otherwise I don't really care.

sahoopster
08-27-2013, 11:21 PM
i have for my student section ticket :lol

True...I retract my previous statement! :toast

Phillip
08-28-2013, 12:13 AM
lol utsa

FkLA
08-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Since you can pretty much watch any team you want online, region is becoming less and less important in that respect. You can be a die hard UT/Aggie fan in Australia and see just about everything. I think that is pretty sweet.

Maybe it's just me but I like to have some type of connection to my teams. I root for all local teams in pro sports and UTSA in college. Sure with technology I could root for and follow teams like the Heat or Alabama closely but what fun would that be?

Agree with what everyone else is saying though, if a t-shirter minds his own business I mind mine. It's when a t-shirter is obnoxious and tries to flaunt a school they never attended that it becomes annoying. Look at stretch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6183) and benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284) for Exhibit A and B tbh. Both of them are terrible posters that you can tell never attended college.

leemajors
08-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Maybe it's just me but I like to have some type of connection to my teams. I root for all local teams in pro sports and UTSA in college. Sure with technology I could root for and follow teams like the Heat or Alabama closely but what fun would that be?

Agree with what everyone else is saying though, if a t-shirter minds his own business I mind mine. It's when a t-shirter is obnoxious and tries to flaunt a school they never attended that it becomes annoying. Look at stretch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6183) and benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284) for Exhibit A and B tbh. Both of them are terrible posters that you can tell never attended college.

I don't see why you are assuming just cause someone doesn't live in an area they don't have some sort of connection, but I understand this is just a convoluted way for you to try and shit on stretch and benefactor. Not terribly effective tbh.

benefactor
08-28-2013, 06:14 AM
I don't see why you are assuming just cause someone doesn't live in an area they don't have some sort of connection, but I understand this is just a convoluted way for you to try and shit on stretch and benefactor. Not terribly effective tbh.
It's all part of his me against the world, angry little mexican guy schtick that ran it's course a long time ago. I don't even bother engaging him anymore.

Clipper Nation
08-28-2013, 06:17 AM
:lol lolutsa
:lol FkLA salty that lolutsa can't even afford to print T-shirts

romad_20
08-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Must be a Texas thing, I've never even heard of the term "T-shirt" fan.

There would be no college football without fans that have never stepped foot on a campus

lebomb
08-28-2013, 07:12 AM
lol utsa

^ Example of a classic cocksucking T-shirter. This bish barely graduated, yet started claiming OU when the were relevant in the national championship hunt. You will probably see this faggot claim Alabama before the end of the season. :rolleyes

lebomb
08-28-2013, 07:14 AM
It's all part of his me against the world, angry little mexican guy schtick that ran it's course a long time ago. I don't even bother engaging him anymore.

LMAO........... you dont even know where UT is located.

FkLA
08-28-2013, 07:17 AM

What? It's always nice to shit on dumb posters like benefactor but no it's not about him. I would feel the same way about the concept regardless.

Did you go to college ?

pgardn
08-28-2013, 08:23 AM
There would be no college football without fans that have never stepped foot on a campus

^^^^
This.

Four generations of UT grads in my family, myself included (undergrad and grad)
I don't live and die with the football team, therefore I guess I am not a fanatic.
I am much more interested in watching good football or basketball.
I cannot bring myself to watch UT basketball for a full game as the fundamentals are so awful.
The tackling and blocking problems on the football team illiceted projectile vomiting, so it's a tough watch. There is so much room for improvement, I somehow stay interested with the progress in football.

Guess I have more respect (maybe astonishment) for people who live and die with results while sticking with the same team.
Or guys like Floss who give constant updates and know the team 5 deep.
Floss, I read everything you put up after work, thanks for the dillegence and class!

Trill Clinton
08-28-2013, 08:46 AM
proud t-shirt fan here. i went to an hbcu and our bball & football teams were terrible. i'm talking historically bad, but growing up in SA i'm a longhorn fan. my sis played volleyball for utsa, my lil bro graduated from there, my mom got her masters there, so i root for utsa as well. i am looking forward to going to my first utsa football game this year too.

The Reckoning
08-28-2013, 08:59 AM

"T-shirt fan" was coined by aggies who were jealous that more Texans were sporting UT rather than tamu gear.

Blake
08-28-2013, 09:12 AM

Universities represent their cities/regions just the same, if not more so.

Phillip
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM
^ Example of a classic cocksucking T-shirter. This bish barely graduated, yet started claiming OU when the were relevant in the national championship hunt. You will probably see this faggot claim Alabama before the end of the season. :rolleyes
^ Example of a classic cocksucking small school faggot fan. This bish thinks that since he went to a smaller, lesser known school, that he is a badass nonconformist. People like you make the mookie crew and all their "scoffing" of popular mainstream stuff look cool.

Phillip
08-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Look at stretch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6183) and benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284) for Exhibit A and B tbh. Both of them are terrible posters that you can tell never attended college.

:lmao coming from the moron who said Boris Diaw > David Lee

Phillip
08-28-2013, 09:24 AM

:rollin

funny how the idiot doesnt see that. universites pretty much have only students/players that come from the region where they are located as well, making them even more representative of their cities and regions, as opposed to pro teams, where you have a guy like Kevin Durant who was raised in the northeast, played for Texas in college, and now plays for the OKC Thunder.

lebomb
08-28-2013, 09:50 AM
^ Example of a classic cocksucking small school faggot fan. This bish thinks that since he went to a smaller, lesser known school, that he is a badass nonconformist. People like you make the mookie crew and all their "scoffing" of popular mainstream stuff look cool.

LMAO at you......one of the useless faggots that said Utsa wouldnt be FBS in 20yrs if that. Utsa wouldnt win against an FBS team for years. Utsa would lose to the likes of TXST. LMAO at your total and completely utter failure in knowing a gottdayum thing. Just go the fuck away you T-shirtin know nothing at all. You TOTALLY owned yourself with your bullshit predictions. Go fuck your self phil. :toast

leemajors
08-28-2013, 10:33 AM
LMAO........... you dont even know where UT is located.

He went to the first game last year tbqh. I think he knows.

benefactor
08-28-2013, 11:20 AM
"T-shirt fan" was coined by aggies who were jealous that more Texans were sporting UT rather than tamu gear.
:tu

What's even funnier is that even our resident Aggies here on ST have figured out that its a dumb insult and never use it anymore...which says a lot about this thread and its antagonists.

The Reckoning
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM

What's even funnier is that even our resident Aggies here on ST have figured out that its a dumb insult and never use it anymore...which says a lot about this thread and its antagonists.

they only came to that conclusion after people started buying more tamu shirts

lebomb
08-28-2013, 11:53 AM
benefaggot has been wearing a aTm shirt over the summer and is waiting to see who has a higher ranking by the end of the season before he decides to put the UT shirt back on or not.

Spur|n|Austin
08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
This thread's still going?

rjv
08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
This thread's still going? yes, it appears some tee-shirters have been offended

romad_20
08-28-2013, 05:01 PM

The only two references to "t-shirt" fan on the first page of google are urban dictionary and a site called shaggybevo.com. Urban Dictionary has Texas references as well. Totally a Texas thing

FkLA
08-28-2013, 05:30 PM
:rollin

funny how the idiot doesnt see that. universites pretty much have only students/players that come from the region where they are located as well, making them even more representative of their cities and regions, as opposed to pro teams, where you have a guy like Kevin Durant who was raised in the northeast, played for Texas in college, and now plays for the OKC Thunder.

Oh yeah, I forgot that you said you went to high school with some UT player. That must make you feel really close to 'your' university. :lol

It's an absolutely valid insult for people like you who never went to college yet flaunt their UT t-shirt. Now if it's used on people like Reckoning or leemajors, then yeah it's a dumb insult.

Phillip
08-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah, I f:cryorgot that you said you went to high :cryschool with some UT p:crylayer. That must make you fee:cryl really close to 'your' un:cryiversity.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

I:cryt's an absolutely valid insult for peo:cryple like you who never wen:cryt to college yet flaunt their:cryT t-shirt. Now if it's used on peop:cryle like Reckoning or :cryleemajors, then:cry yeah it's a d:cryumb insult.

FkLA
08-28-2013, 08:53 PM
How is life treating you with your HS degree, Phillip ?

Vito Corleone
08-28-2013, 11:30 PM

I would say more so. I'm pretty sure the University of Texas will not move to Tennessee because the city of Austin didn't build them a stadium.

I'm still bitter towards Bud Adams for taking my Oilers away. To this day I no longer watch the NFL.

lebomb
08-29-2013, 07:04 AM
How is life treating you with your HS degree, Phillip ?

Highschool? :lmao ......... this Faggot is still in Middle School.

The Reckoning
08-30-2013, 01:56 PM

aggie :lol

lolutsa

tech :lol

http://mashable.com/2013/08/30/college-football-fans-facebook-map/

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzMwLzA3L0ZhY2Vib29rX0NvLjUwOGNiLmpwZw pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/e397fd45/2ad/Facebook_College_Football.jpg

symple19
08-30-2013, 02:43 PM

Auburn people use the term all the time for Bammers, most of whom penetrate their sisters, live in trailers, and play banjos --- tbh

I don't have a problem with t-shirters, though. What I hate is people who change teams every year, iow, bandwagoners

Vito Corleone
08-31-2013, 05:34 AM

lolutsa

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzMwLzA3L0ZhY2Vib29rX0NvLjUwOGNiLmpwZw pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/e397fd45/2ad/Facebook_College_Football.jpg

Looks like the good people of New Mexico, Missouri, Colorado, and North Dakota really want the LHN

Blake
08-31-2013, 09:08 AM

lolutsa

Lol Facebook

Bill_Brasky
08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
who cares really. if it's stupid to make fun of people for being t shirters then it's equally as stupid to brag about how many your school has.