PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw: "I'm still very disappointed that we lost"

ace3g
08-27-2013, 01:40 PM
http://cdn.hoopshype.com/i/37/f3/e6/diaw600.jpg

We recently ranked NBA players in terms of loyalty to their National Teams (http://hoopshype.com/articles/hoopshype/which-nba-players-compete-most-often-for-their-countries). In the last 13 years, it was you and Luis Scola at No. 1. But there were other French guys at the top of the list such as Tony Parker or Ronny Turiaf. Why do you think there's such loyalty by the French players to the National Team?
Boris Diaw: Well, there's two things, you know. First, we love to play basketball, we like the competition. Also we have a great time here, we have a good team spirit. We work together and we have a good time and it's good to be back to the team in the summer time. The other thing is that Parker, Turiaf, myself... We started really young playing in the National Team, maybe when we were 13, 14 or 15 years old. So we had that passion of playing for the National Team real young and in 2000 we won the gold medal at the Under 18 European Championship (http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.gameID_79-4-A-1.compID_8aYeHlfuGF-mF5IqO8aFH1.season_2000.roundID_2327.teamID_.html) in Zadar, Croatia. It was a great feeling and then you are just looking for that, over and over again, you come back to try to feel that same thing again.

Don't you get tired of seeing Tony Parker every day all year long for so many years?
BD: [Laughs] I'm tired, for sure. Nah, it's always great to come back and face another challenge of doing something good with the National Team.

Do you think the Eurobasket can help you, De Colo and Parker in a way to heal the pain of losing the Finals?
BD: It's different, it's not really related. But one thing is sure, you want to win. We were so close to win during the season and now we want to win during the summer.

How was the feeling following the Finals after losing against the Heat?
BD: It was tough, it's never easy to lose. It was a tough time, you think about it... You try to take it off your mind. But there's nothing you can change about it. Sometimes I still think about it, I'm still very disappointed that we lost. The only thing you can do is come back next year and try to do it again.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sierra/boris-diaw-im-still-very-disappointed-that-we-lost

Brazil
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
BD: It was tough, it's never easy to lose. It was a tough time, you think about it... You try to take it off your mind. But there's nothing you can change about it. Sometimes I still think about it, I'm still very disappointed that we lost. The only thing you can do is come back next year and try to do it again.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sierra/boris-diaw-im-still-very-disappointed-that-we-lost

:tu

justinandimcool
08-27-2013, 01:47 PM
should've played more in game 7

Spur|n|Austin
08-27-2013, 01:57 PM

:toast

cd98
08-27-2013, 02:16 PM
It was a painful loss. And to be honest, it was the first time Spurs fans have felt what NY, Detroit, Cleaveland, and NJ felt. Going into the season, I was waiting for the Spurs to lose in the second round. For them to make it to the finals, and really look like the better team, is an amazing run. It's a shame that such a great run will always be looked at as bittersweet.

FkLA
08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
:(

Boris Diaw is my nigga.

Sean Cagney
08-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhhh I hate those finals, everything up until game 6 last year was great and a run I won't forget, then that crap happened. I don't even watch any playoff games from last year, never will probably.

elmanutres
08-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Diaw with the goods. Winning next year can make up for last year. Yeah 2013 will be on the back on our minds forever, but we can still get even with the heat. We got revenge against memphis last year, lets see if we can get revenge on the thunder and miami this year.

Sean Cagney
08-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Diaw with the goods. Winning next year can make up for last year. Yeah 2013 will be on the back on our minds forever, but we can still get even with the heat. We got revenge against memphis last year, lets see if we can get revenge on the thunder and miami this year.
That is assuming both make it that far or even if the Spurs make it that far? Alot of IF's there.

Brazil
08-27-2013, 02:30 PM
:(

Boris Diaw is my nigga.

:lol

sup scrah ?

ace3g
08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
2013 had so many great story-lines wasted (would have been great for a DVD): "Restgate", Stern's last year as commish (Spurs would have been the last team he would hand out rings to), SJAX, various injury scares, to lesser extent TMAC TMac getting a ring.

elmanutres
08-27-2013, 02:34 PM
That is assuming both make it that far or even if the Spurs make it that far? Alot of IF's there.
yeah true but all i'm doing is just envisioning next year. Not making guarantees. We have yet to even play a preseason game.

RD2191
08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
2013 had so many great story-lines wasted (would have been great for a DVD): "Restgate", Stern's last year as commish (Spurs would have been the last team he would hand out rings to), SJAX, various injury scares, to lesser extent TMAC TMac getting a ring.
:depressed

Budkin
08-27-2013, 03:11 PM

How about beating the "King" on his own floor with his team of Superfriends. All the doubt would have been poured on LeBron. It would have been glorious. Damn. Fucking goddamn.

ace3g
08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
How about beating the "King" on his own floor with his team of Superfriends. All the doubt would have been poured on LeBron. It would have been glorious. Damn. Fucking goddamn.

Yeah that to, lol, Spurs never once seemed over-matched in the Finals and again would have silenced the "old" stigma.

playblair
08-27-2013, 03:40 PM
diaw ran at lebron instead of boxing out bosh..................... blair wouldve rebounded the ball .................................

Brazil
08-27-2013, 03:42 PM
diaw ran at lebron instead of boxing out bosh..................... blair wouldve rebounded the ball .................................

old schtick is old

playblair
08-27-2013, 03:46 PM
:wakeup

ace3g
08-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Diaw had to run at LeBron because Tony somehow lost LeBron on a screen.

HI-FI
08-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Props to Diaw. Love that guy. great to see some players on the team still have that fire and want to get back.

truth. i knew there were so many great stories, the media was on our side for once, most of the nation wanted us to win, which is why I think the officiating was balanced and fair....and then it all blew up in our face.

now we could be a footnote in the Lebron Legacy. tough, bitter friggin pill to swallow. If we can somehow get back to win it in the near future, it will make for a great story for us as well, perhaps even better. Either way though, this one will be talked about for a long time.

Bruno
08-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Boris has really had a different mindset with FNT this summer: he isn't playing at all the passive basketball he usually plays. I'm not sure exactly why he has changed his attitude and how long the new Diaw will last, but it's somewhat likely that the awfully painful loss against Heat has something to do with it.

Kidd K
08-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhhh I hate those finals, everything up until game 6 last year was great and a run I won't forget, then that crap happened. I don't even watch any playoff games from last year, never will probably.

Up until 4th quarter of game 6 really. I was sick at the time and I had basically lost my voice but I remember getting up and yelling at my tv when I saw Pop's lineup to start the 4th when Miami had left in LeBron and other top guys to start it. It was so obvious they were planning to make a run against the second string to get back in the game. Pop just let it happen, hoping he could steal minutes. Hoping they just wouldn't make shots or wouldn't try. Honestly, to this day I have no idea what Pop was thinking. It was either arrogance or stupidity.

Then there was the end of the game which is infamous to all Spurfans. . .but honestly, Pop started off the quarter with a terrible lineup which set the table for the end by allowing the Heat to get right back into the game immediately. The 5 players he had on the court were literally the worst 5 players of the night. It made no sense.

ace3g
08-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Boris has really had a different mindset with FNT this summer: he isn't playing at all the passive basketball he usually plays. I'm not sure exactly why he has changed his attitude and how long the new Diaw will last, but it's somewhat likely that the awfully painful loss against Heat has something to do with it.

Being that close to the title for the first time in his career hopefully gave him the realization that being just a bit more aggressive here and there can help in close games/series.

therealtruth
08-27-2013, 05:41 PM

Manu actually helped screw it up. He was out of position and it caused a domino effect.

ace3g
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Manu actually helped screw it up. He was out of position and it caused a domino effect.

What???, you can blame Manu for a lot of things during Game 6, but not for screwing up that play.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Yep. But kudos to Diaw for not shrugging "oh well" like Manu did in HIS interview.

Kool Bob Love
08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
How tough it must be to get to the finals and see it all slip away. :depressed

Hey Boris wanna know how to make the nightmares go away? Give them to someone else!:ihit

This season I hope the Spurs do something never done in Spurs history. Back 2 back NBA finals.

:flag:

Bruno
08-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Being that close to the title for the first time in his career hopefully gave him the realization that being just a bit more aggressive here and there can help in close games/series.

I hope it is that. I'm curious to see what will be Diaw's level of aggression will be during the Eurobasket.

ace3g
08-27-2013, 06:58 PM
I hope it is that. I'm curious to see what will be Diaw's level of aggression will be during the Eurobasket.

Granted he is a free agent after this season.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Up until 4th quarter of game 6 really. I was sick at the time and I had basically lost my voice but I remember getting up and yelling at my tv when I saw Pop's lineup to start the 4th when Miami had left in LeBron and other top guys to start it. It was so obvious they were planning to make a run against the second string to get back in the game. Pop just let it happen, hoping he could steal minutes. Hoping they just wouldn't make shots or wouldn't try. Honestly, to this day I have no idea what Pop was thinking. It was either arrogance or stupidity.

Then there was the end of the game which is infamous to all Spurfans. . .but honestly, Pop started off the quarter with a terrible lineup which set the table for the end by allowing the Heat to get right back into the game immediately. The 5 players he had on the court were literally the worst 5 players of the night. It made no sense.

My ten-year old daughter was yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every time Pop put Manu in during Game Six.... He sparked so many Heat runs with his stupid decisions...

Brunodf
08-27-2013, 07:37 PM
He should be

FkLA
08-27-2013, 08:23 PM

sup scrah ?

sup my french nigga

just getting ready for UTSA football season how about you

Brazil
08-27-2013, 08:25 PM
sup my french nigga

just getting ready for UTSA football season how about you

Finishing the tough Brazilian winter :lol and working like a dog

cd021
08-27-2013, 08:35 PM

that would be friggin' sweet.

Both were devastating losses.

FkLA
08-27-2013, 08:49 PM

u working on the stadiums for the world cup? heard yall are behind schedule tbh

Juggity
08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Boris was one of the best bench contributors in the playoffs. He did a great job, played defense according to the team plan, took shots when needed and made passes when needed.

Dverde
08-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Always liked Boris as a Spur. Pop took the GOAT PF for you. Gotta feel good about that.

J_Paco
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Has he shed some weight or is he still around 260+ pounds?

Capt Bringdown
08-27-2013, 09:58 PM
I reckon all the Spurs are gutted. Except Manu, that check-cashing son of a bitch.

CitizenDwayne
08-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I reckon all the Spurs are gutted. Except Manu, that check-cashing son of a bitch.

Right...I'm sure he's quite content with defeat.

ezau
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I was over that Finals loss after a few days. It is what it is, I'm still thankful that we had that amazing run. Bullshit shot happens and unfortunately, we were at the receiving end.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 10:41 PM

Two things come out of Brazil that are really good: women and airplanes. My top two food groups. God bless them.

Skull-1
08-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Boris was one of the best bench contributors in the playoffs. He did a great job, played defense according to the team plan, took shots when needed and made passes when needed.

Diaw is great on our team. He should be more aggressive because he has game. Guy defers too much. I respect it because he is a team player....but geeze man. Go get it.

Yuixafun
08-27-2013, 11:53 PM
... also would have kept the winning in odd years trend intact... also the Perfect finals record... Timmy winning a ring as another one gets removed.. sob.

Chillen
08-28-2013, 04:00 AM
This isn't a normal Finals loss for your casual NBA fan of a team like Detroit, New Jersey, etc. Spurs had it in the bag in game 6 in the closing moments and it all just slipped away after Ray Allen hit that game tying 3. I wouldn't be upset about the Finals loss if Miami swept the Spurs 4-0 or won 4-2. The fact is the 2013 Spurs team had it in the bag, a big difference between getting your butt wooped and being legitamately good enough to win the NBA championship. To let that slip away the players, coaching staff on that Spurs team will never get over that. It would help if they came back strong in 2014 and won the NBA title, it would definitely numb the pain. Miami lost to Dallas in 2011 and has come back strong and it seems they could care less about it, they probably had that defeat on their minds in the closing moments of game 6. I am hoping the Spurs grow stronger and come back strong in 2014, you have to go through adveristy sometimes to get back on top. It will not be easy to get back to that point for this Spurs team, it may or may not happen but I hope they have a great season in 2014 and try and get back to the Finals and this time take care of business. I can tell you this that Heat team does not want a rematch in 2014 after that Finals which they almost lost in the closing moments of game 6, they escaped the Spurs for sure. I am sure if they get back there and go for a 3peat they don't want to see that Spurs team make it back to take them on, especially if the Spurs have home court advantage. Lots of time to go and if both teams are healthy, it's possible to see that rematch in 2014. Miami doesn't want a rematch, they'd love to see the Thunder there for sure it would be easier they matchup better. The Spurs definitely made that 2013 Heat team work for that ring! I think the Heat would have problems with the Clippers and Grizz to.

DMC
08-28-2013, 06:35 AM
That's odd. I'd expect him to be thrilled over it.

Brazil
08-28-2013, 08:18 AM
u working on the stadiums for the world cup? heard yall are behind schedule tbh

working on the stadiums ? :lol
I will be in VIP in the stadiums tbh not working on.

Be behind schedule is a Brazilian tradition, it's an organized delay to favor bribing... at the end they will be ready but that will cost twice the budget and good part of that will go to some son of a bitch deputies

Vash StampedE
08-28-2013, 10:13 AM
:depressed
Let's get the 2014 playoffs started already!!!

Spur|n|Austin
08-28-2013, 10:59 AM
This isn't a normal Finals loss for your casual NBA fan of a team like Detroit, New Jersey, etc. Spurs had it in the bag in game 6 in the closing moments and it all just slipped away after Ray Allen hit that game tying 3. I wouldn't be upset about the Finals loss if Miami swept the Spurs 4-0 or won 4-2. The fact is the 2013 Spurs team had it in the bag, a big difference between getting your butt wooped and being legitamately good enough to win the NBA championship. To let that slip away the players, coaching staff on that Spurs team will never get over that. It would help if they came back strong in 2014 and won the NBA title, it would definitely numb the pain. Miami lost to Dallas in 2011 and has come back strong and it seems they could care less about it, they probably had that defeat on their minds in the closing moments of game 6. I am hoping the Spurs grow stronger and come back strong in 2014, you have to go through adveristy sometimes to get back on top. It will not be easy to get back to that point for this Spurs team, it may or may not happen but I hope they have a great season in 2014 and try and get back to the Finals and this time take care of business. I can tell you this that Heat team does not want a rematch in 2014 after that Finals which they almost lost in the closing moments of game 6, they escaped the Spurs for sure. I am sure if they get back there and go for a 3peat they don't want to see that Spurs team make it back to take them on, especially if the Spurs have home court advantage. Lots of time to go and if both teams are healthy, it's possible to see that rematch in 2014. Miami doesn't want a rematch, they'd love to see the Thunder there for sure it would be easier they matchup better. The Spurs definitely made that 2013 Heat team work for that ring! I think the Heat would have problems with the Clippers and Grizz to.

:toast

Kidd K
08-28-2013, 01:14 PM
My ten-year old daughter was yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every time Pop put Manu in during Game Six.... He sparked so many Heat runs with his stupid decisions...

Yeah. . .my girlfriend was saying, "oh my god, not Manu again" whenever he came out. I managed to get her to watch the entire Spurs' postseason for once. :P Would've been great if they managed to win last year. So close. . .

racm
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM

Let's hope his fire continues into next season.

heyheymymy
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
good to hear the field report from bruno. boris usually steps up in contract years. hope to see a little more effort from him this season.

Skull-1
08-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah. . .my girlfriend was saying, "oh my god, not Manu again" whenever he came out. I managed to get her to watch the entire Spurs' postseason for once. :P Would've been great if they managed to win last year. So close. . .

I think the gals in our lives are a lot smarter than most of the supposed experts on this forum.

ace3g
08-29-2013, 12:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS2hOC1IYAAiC1x.jpg:large

Kidd K
08-29-2013, 01:11 PM
I think the gals in our lives are a lot smarter than most of the supposed experts on this forum.

Yep. That's the true "eye test". Get someone who's not already blinded by fandom to tell you what they think of the players. When you hear them say "wow Ginobili is terrible today", and "man they suck so bad when Duncan and Parker go to the bench", you know those are some truth bombs.

Skull-1
08-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Yep. That's the true "eye test". Get someone who's not already blinded by fandom to tell you what they think of the players. When you hear them say "wow Ginobili is terrible today", and "man they suck so bad when Duncan and Parker go to the bench", you know those are some truth bombs.

Exactly. Fresh Eye concept.

ElNono
08-29-2013, 02:20 PM
:lol advancing that random people have better basketball acumen than Pop and RC
:lol the offseason

Bambililos
08-29-2013, 02:58 PM

I like those comments better than Ginobili's. I've always loved Boris even though I'm the first to admit he's too soft too often. But this time, the guy wants to win more than the TOSB of a dad that used to be the best competitor ever.

HI-FI
08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
true
still doesn't change the fact that Manu looked like he developed multiple sclerosis before the finals, nig couldn't even dribble properly. plus his legendary "fire" seems to be replaced with an Argentinian version of Danny Tanner.

ElNono
08-29-2013, 03:27 PM
still doesn't change the fact that Manu looked like he developed multiple sclerosis before the finals, nig couldn't even dribble properly. plus his legendary "fire" seems to be replaced with an Argentinian version of Danny Tanner.

:lol multiple sclerosis

dunno who Danny Tanner is, tbh...

HI-FI
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
:lol multiple sclerosis

dunno who Danny Tanner is, tbh...
not sure if they have Full House on Univision but here you go good sir
http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fathers-day-2013-television-dad-gifs-mrsgrumpygills-3.gif

ElNono
08-29-2013, 04:03 PM
not sure if they have Full House on Univision but here you go good sir
http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fathers-day-2013-television-dad-gifs-mrsgrumpygills-3.gif

Looks like a sitcom or something... I'll check it out once I'm done with Los Tigres del Norte latest vinyl, tbh... :lol

slick'81
08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Would love a pissed off diaw come regular season .he was great vs the heat

Kidd K
08-29-2013, 07:38 PM

That isn't what we said dumb fuck. We were clearly referring to the idiotic fans on here (you're a good example of one) who blindly defend players even when they play like utter shit.

No idea how you could've possibly confused that he said "so called experts on this forum", clearly referring to posters, and not RC Buford or Gregg Popovich in any way. No explanation for you fucking that up besides your own stupidity. Looks like you're already back in your regular season low standards form for the crappy posts you shit out.

Skull-1
08-29-2013, 08:32 PM
That isn't what we said dumb fuck. We were clearly referring to the idiotic fans on here (you're a good example of one) who blindly defend players even when they play like utter shit.

No idea how you could've possibly confused that he said "so called experts on this forum", clearly referring to posters, and not RC Buford or Gregg Popovich in any way. No explanation for you fucking that up besides your own stupidity. Looks like you're already back in your regular season low standards form for the crappy posts you shit out. Well said. My thanks.

Skull-1
08-29-2013, 08:34 PM
I like those comments better than Ginobili's. I've always loved Boris even though I'm the first to admit he's too soft too often. But this time, the guy wants to win more than the TOSB of a dad that used to be the best competitor ever.
Totally true.

ElNono
08-29-2013, 11:25 PM
:lol Pop & RC with the ultimate trolling by doubling down on Manu for 2 more seasons at $7m per
:lol random people screaming at the TV (:lmao) sure barometer Pop has lost it by riding Gino to the bitter end
:lol when RC says “He was still in the top 25% of guards in PER”, or “You can't easily replace what he brings to the team”, it's ok because it's RC.
:lol Kidd K
:lol consistently shat on for his shitty posts

Skull-1
08-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Lost what little respect I had for you. Obvious uninformed troll comment.

:lol Kidd K
:lol consistently shat on for his shitty posts

ElNono
08-30-2013, 12:38 AM
okay :jack

superbigtime
08-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I like boris and I'm really glad the Spurs re-signed him. Nobody talks about it but Boris is an important player on this team.

Budkin
08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Looks like a sitcom or something... I'll check it out once I'm done with Los Tigres del Norte latest vinyl, tbh... :lol

Don't do it! One of the most annoying sitcoms ever.