PDA

View Full Version : Post them Fajita Recipes!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainHook
07-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Post them Fajita Recipes!!!!!!!

As for me, I'm a simple guy, I only put lawry's seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little bit of bourbon.

Summers
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Go buy some HEB fajita meat.... No, seriously, that's what I get. It's tasty.

My brother swears by a simple marinade of lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Someone once told me they marinade in 7-up (the acid tenderizes the meat).

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Get into the car.
Go to HEB.
Buy package of pre-marinated fajitas.

:lol

Summers
07-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Get into the car.
Go to HEB.
Buy package of pre-marinated fajitas.

Did you know HEB freshly grinds its own hamburger several times a day??

http://www.heb.com/aboutHEB/media-OnTheAir.jsp

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
My brother swears by a simple marinade of lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Someone once told me they marinade in 7-up (the acid tenderizes the meat).

I made this recipe for BBQ turkey legs by boiling them for 30 min. in a 2 liters of Sprite mixed with Worchester Sause, crushed red pepper...salt, sugar...then put on the grill and glazed with honey. They were good, but that was just too weird for me....

Of course, my favorite part was adding the sugar to the Sprite. :lol

Summers
07-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I made this recipe for BBQ turkey legs by boiling them for 30 min. in a 2 liters of Sprite mixed with Worchester Sause, crushed red pepper...salt, sugar...then put on the grill and glazed with honey. They were good, but that was just too weird for me....

Of course, my favorite part was adding the sugar to the Sprite. :lol

Ooh, that sounds kinda gooey and tasty. Thirty minutes seems like a long time... seems like the legs would fall apart. Do you mean 30 seconds?

SpursWoman
07-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Ooh, that sounds kinda gooey and tasty. Thirty minutes seems like a long time... seems like the legs would fall apart. Do you mean 30 seconds?

No, 30 minutes ... turkey legs are pretty big and even if you grill them on low or whatever, the outside will burn but the middle will still be raw. Since they are mostly cooked by then, you just put them on the grill for a few minutes to make the coating.

We decided that that recipe would be 100% better if they were smoked, not grilled. :)

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Go buy some HEB fajita meat.... No, seriously, that's what I get. It's tasty.

Yeah, the acid is supposed to tenderize it. It's the whole point of the marinade, because fajita meat isn't exactly a prime cut. I was surprized to see that CH didn't have anything acidic, maybe bourbon helps out some.

SWC Bonfire
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM

No comment. :angel

Summers
07-21-2005, 02:08 PM
No comment. :angel

Took me a second... :lol

tekdragon
07-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Fiesta brand fajita seasoning.

But it's really all about how you cut them afterwards. As long as you cut against the grain, they'll be fine.

Damn. Now I want fajitas. I miss San Antonio... :depressed

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2005, 03:31 PM
agree about Fiesta beef fajita seasoning...dry rub them and then wrap them in a plastic bag for a couple of days before you cook them. Cook em super hot and fast...then take them off and let them rest for at least ten minutes before you cut them...

sa_butta
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Tim Duncan commercial replay