PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Westbrook doesn't get enough respect, tbh.

AchillesHeel
08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
As much as I hate purednuht and acneface and meth, RWB is the real deal. This nigga is flat out crazy and his stats are overlooked. Without him OKC was a 2nd round exit, KD was like 3 - 5 without RWB in the playoffs, not a great record.

This nigga gets me hyped, unless he plays against my spurs, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLHuVwJUkc

already has a better Finals performance than Kirby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orks2RIt5mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXrMyDzwz2A

Killakobe81
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Been a Russ fan ...and still rather have a healthy Russ over Harden. Dumbass Presti should of let go Perk ...

Jeff Van Gundy
08-28-2013, 12:23 PM
People love to hate this guy. He is one of most important pieces for the Thunder and is only going to get better.

Spursfan092120
08-28-2013, 12:41 PM
He gets all the respect he deserves, and then some he doesn't. He's a chucker, he keeps Durant from playing his game, and people still think OKC would have beaten the Spurs with him. No chance in hell.

TDMVPDPOY
08-28-2013, 12:48 PM
He gets all the respect he deserves, and then some he doesn't. He's a chucker, he keeps Durant from playing his game, and people still think OKC would have beaten the Spurs with him. No chance in hell.

when ur high on meth u can say anything, lol okc methwankers...

no way they will beat the spurs last season with a healthy WB, WB and KD need to play out of their minds if they were to beat the spurs cause i dont see whatever they have on the bench or kmart coming up with the stats harden usually gave them....

Clipper Nation
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Westbrick is overrated by the media and casual fans, and will be even more overrated this year considering he and Durant are pretty much RefKC's entire offense....

OKC
08-28-2013, 01:46 PM
You'll get a wide array of opinions on this guy, and that's fine..one's opinion isn't right or wrong. I've watched the guy day in and day out from the get go and he was just excrutiating to watch for a long time, but they threw him to the wolves as a rookie to get his feet wet as they dubbed him the PG of their future from day 1. He truly has no equal in SOME respects at his position. It's difficult to make comparisons with him even to other PGs though, as his game is just so much different. If you're a long time SA fan and used to watching Tony Parker, Westbrook might very well drive you insane and you might despise the way he plays the position. He's a guy that's putting up 23ppg on high volume shooting and mediocre shooting percentages, but what he brings to the floor for OKC is just enormous, honestly.

The Reckoning
08-28-2013, 01:57 PM
all this proves is that harden carried the team

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Westbrook is the equivalent of RG3: athletically gifted but insists on playing with monkeyball peanut brain jungle instincts

Clipper Nation
08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Westbrook is the equivalent of RG3

Poor comparison - RG3 passes the ball :lol

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Poor comparison - RG3 passes the ball :lol

No, it was RG3's ballhogging and not passing which caused him to tear his knee apart :lol

OKC
08-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Westbrook is the equivalent of RG3: athletically gifted but insists on playing with monkeyball peanut brain jungle instincts

To be fair, Westbrook was 7th in the league in assists last year, although his assist to turnover ratio wasn't exactly stellar. There are situations I think he forces the issue and I do also believe he could setup players more often, but the fact is that he doesn't pass, at times, because he doesn't have to. His physical skillset at his position is pretty much unmatched.

Brazil
08-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Westbrook has the bb IQ of an hot oyster. He is, on a regular basis, a liability at the end of the games and has been bailed out by Harden that basically was handling the ball to finish the game. I don't see where he doesn't get enough respect.

ElNono
08-28-2013, 02:45 PM
wondering how is he going to look after that knee surgery...

AchillesHeel
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM
All I know is OKC played like shit in the playoffs without him. No doubt KD elevated his game a little and picked up the slack to at least save the embarrasment of a 1st round loss but without RWB OKC is a medicore team. People didn't appreciate Harden until he left and became a top 10 NBA player on his own team. When 2 players that need the ball play together, they will have to sacrifice. KD could easily average 32 ppg for a full season without RWB but he doesn't need to. They're already a Finals contender and they will only get better as they reach their primes.

RWB is legit.

OKC
08-28-2013, 03:59 PM
wondering how is he going to look after that knee surgery...

By all accounts I've read, this was considered a fairly minor repair and should have no long term ill effects. Whether he's hesitant because of it remains to be seen. I can't fathom him being hesitant. As far as the title of this thread - I don't know if I agree with the statement that he doesn't get enough respect. It seems he's a fairly well respected player across the league. I know he has his critics, but who doesn't?

AchillesHeel
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
By all accounts I've read, this was considered a fairly minor repair and should have no long term ill effects. Whether he's hesitant because of it remains to be seen. I can't fathom him being hesitant. As far as the title of this thread - I don't know if I agree with the statement that he doesn't get enough respect. It seems he's a fairly well respected player across the league. I know he has his critics, but who doesn't?

Everywhere I go, I see niggas hating on him for no reason.

UZER
08-28-2013, 04:08 PM
His physical ability is off the charts, and it carries him far in this league, but he has peanuts for brains. Being a point guard and peanuts for brains is a bad combination and will eventually bite you in the ass during the playoffs.

Jeff Van Gundy
08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Lol saying the thunder wouldnt have beaten the spurs in thr playoffs. It would have looked like a more even matchup if he was playing.

:lolbutthurt spurfans
:lolalmost as bad as lakerfan

OKC
08-28-2013, 04:21 PM
His physical ability is off the charts, and it carries him far in this league, but he has peanuts for brains. Being a point guard and peanuts for brains is a bad combination and will eventually bite you in the ass during the playoffs.

I know why you say what you say, but if you watch the guy game in and game out, you'll see he actually plays a ton of brilliant basketball. I do think there are moments in big games where he seems to feel cornered and takes way too much on his own shoulders and tries to play hero ball and it can all go to hell with him at times. In that respect, he has a lot of room to grow, but in general I think he's become a pretty smart player.

spurraider21
08-28-2013, 08:52 PM
his stats are overlooked

his stats = steve francis tbh

Ice009
08-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Not sure if I am right or wrong about him yet. I truly thought that KD might be better off without him on the court ball hogging, but after the playoffs, it seems like I might have be wrong, seems is the key word though, because I still think the Thunder would be better off with KD taking around 5-10 more shots a game than RW. The thing I was wrong about is, is that Russell is still a very dangerous player, and just having him on the court draws some attention away from KD, so that frees KD up more, but without Westbrook out there to draw some defensive attention (and time to adjust), Kevin found it harder out there in the playoffs.

I think Westbrook is too average of a shooter to be taking 10+ more shots a game (like he sometimes does) than Kevin Durant. If he could put his ego aside, and focus on passing the ball and driving to the rack more, while also mixing in a few jumpers here and there, then I think that would help the Thunder much more.

Spursfan092120
08-28-2013, 11:15 PM
All I know is OKC played like shit in the playoffs without him. No doubt KD elevated his game a little and picked up the slack to at least save the embarrasment of a 1st round loss but without RWB OKC is a medicore team. People didn't appreciate Harden until he left and became a top 10 NBA player on his own team. When 2 players that need the ball play together, they will have to sacrifice. KD could easily average 32 ppg for a full season without RWB but he doesn't need to. They're already a Finals contender and they will only get better as they reach their primes.

RWB is legit.
They lost to a team that had the matchups against their team. And with Westbrook, they still would have had the matchups. Wouldn't have mattered. I argue Memphis would have beaten OKC with or without Westbrook. It's definitely possible.

Spursfan092120
08-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Lol saying the thunder wouldnt have beaten the spurs in thr playoffs. It would have looked like a more even matchup if he was playing.

:lolbutthurt spurfans
:lolalmost as bad as lakerfan
The Thunder wouldn't have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs. Spurs would have taken it in 5 or 6. They were on a rampage that only the Heat would (and did) have stopped. And only because of a bad coaching decision. If the Thunder would have been in that Finals, it would have been a 4 game sweep. Duncan destroyed 2 good big men against Memphis in a sweep..that's why the Spurs won. OKC's bigs aren't half as good as Memphis...Duncan would have killed them by himself. Tony would have just been icing on the cake.

AchillesHeel
08-29-2013, 12:59 AM
They lost to a team that had the matchups against their team. And with Westbrook, they still would have had the matchups. Wouldn't have mattered. I argue Memphis would have beaten OKC with or without Westbrook. It's definitely possible.

You're smoking something.

TIMMYtoZO
08-29-2013, 01:17 AM
People love to hate this guy. He is one of most important pieces for the Thunder and is only going to get better.

:lol He and Durant are the only 2 good pieces for the Thunder, tbh. The rest of the team is shit. Presti doesn't have lottery picks to lean on anymore, and his 2 man team isn't really going to do much from here on out. OKC hasn't been a relevant team of any kind since Miami pushed their shit in last Summer followed by Houston raping them in the Harden trade. They will never recover from either incident given their shitty location. The only excitement left for OKC is where will Westbrook and Durant bolt to when their contracts are up?

StrengthAndHonor
08-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Russ is lakers bound. He already has a fashion sense inspired by the gay community in l.a.

AchillesHeel
08-29-2013, 01:21 AM
:lol He and Durant are the only 2 good pieces for the Thunder, tbh. The rest of the team is shit. Presti doesn't have lottery picks to lean on anymore, and his 2 man team isn't really going to do much from here on out. OKC hasn't been a relevant team of any kind since Miami pushed their shit in last Summer followed by Houston raping them in the Harden trade. They will never recover from either incident given their shitty location. The only excitement left for OKC is where will Westbrook and Durant bolt to when their contracts are up?

They finished first in the West last season and won 60 games and were up 2 - 0 before Westbrook got injured... Losing Harden was obviously a big deal but K-Mart wasn't that bad. With the Spurs getting older OKC will still be a force in the West in the future unless acneface or alpha gets badly injured or leaves.

Spursfan092120
08-29-2013, 02:12 AM
You're smoking something.
Spurs were on a tear in the playoffs...OKC wasn't going to stop them. Memphis's bigs were too much for them to handle. Maybe OKC gets past Memphis, but they weren't beating SA, without or without Westbrook.

AchillesHeel
08-29-2013, 03:22 AM
Spurs were on a tear in the playoffs...OKC wasn't going to stop them. Memphis's bigs were too much for them to handle. Maybe OKC gets past Memphis, but they weren't beating SA, without or without Westbrook.

It wasn't about the bigs, it was about OKC not having enough scoring power to counter them, you add in Westbrook, who is a 20+ ppg scorer and OKC wins the series quite easily.

OKC
08-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I think OKC probably beats Memphis with Westbrook. Memphis did win in 5, with all of their wins being very close games that could have easily gone OKC's way. As far as beating SA, I'm not sure about that. SA was looking very very good, but it would have been a good series with a healthy OKC roster.

AchillesHeel
08-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Agree. They were all close games with OKC missing their 20+ ppg 8+ ast PG. OKC would probably win in 6 games with ease.

Spursfan092120
08-29-2013, 11:12 AM
It wasn't about the bigs, it was about OKC not having enough scoring power to counter them, you add in Westbrook, who is a 20+ ppg scorer and OKC wins the series quite easily.
Matchups are a big thing. Ask the Spurs...they had much more firepower than Memphis in the playoff series loss, but couldn't overcome it. And OKC wasn't getting past SA...you can't convince me of that...or most everyone else in here, tbh.

Vash StampedE
08-29-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm a big fan of WB. Aside from his athleticism, I love his work ethic and competitiveness. The only basketball-related reason that I think he gets hate from is that he tends to try to be the alpha of the team which is very detrimental to them. The other reasons for people hating him - his get-up, frog face, gangsta behavior - are not really basketball related criticisms. Perhaps it's just the way people, who behave like this, normally treat people/strangers around them.

OKC
08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm a big fan of WB. Aside from his athleticism, I love his work ethic and competitiveness. The only basketball-related reason that I think he gets hate from is that he tends to try to be the alpha of the team which is very detrimental to them. The other reasons for people hating him - his get-up, frog face, gangsta behavior - are not really basketball related criticisms. Perhaps it's just the way people, who behave like this, normally treat people/strangers around them.

Westbrook is just one of those players that's easy to not like if he's not wearing your team's jersey. All of these people here who talk constant shit about him though would do a complete 180 the day he put on their jersey. That's just the way it is.

CitizenDwayne
08-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Really? Hmm...I've always found him to be one of the most overrated players in the league.

Don't really see how he 'doesn't get enough respect'. That's like saying Blake Griffin needs more of a media presence.

Katherine Robinson
08-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Westbrook is needed to take mental pressure off Durant. If Durant messes up, Westbrook will be the martyr the media targets so that Durant may continue to be babied.

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Durant in 6 years has made 1 finals, where he was embarrassed.

Lebron in his first 6 years made 1 finals and was embarrassed.

How come nobody is making Durant rings jokes and calling him a choker who can't succeed when the pressure is on? Oh, because he's not the best player in the league threatening Kobe's legacy...

Katherine Robinson
08-29-2013, 02:57 PM

How come nobody is making Durant rings jokes and calling him a choker who can't succeed when the pressure is on? Oh, because he's not the best player in the league threatening Kobe's legacy...

He is in Lebron James's time and Lebron was in nobody's time as Kobe Bryant was not making an impact with a sub-par team and ball dominant attitude. Lebron was fortunate to be a rising star in a battlefield of Veterens in their primes where there was nobody else making a rivaling argument for the future NBA superstar.

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 03:08 PM
He is in Lebron James's time and Lebron was in nobody's time as Kobe Bryant was not making an impact with a sub-par team and ball dominant attitude. Lebron was fortunate to be a rising star in a battlefield of Veterens in their primes where there was nobody else making a rivaling argument for the future NBA superstar.
from the day he got drafted until that year he made the finals, he was playing during the Spurs time. they were reigning champs when he heard his name called during the draft, and in 07 the spurs had their easiest walk to the title since 99. once that season was over, the boston superteam came together, and the lakers got the gift, leaving LeBron with his ragtag band of role players against teams with multiple stars. he never stood a chance

Katherine Robinson
08-29-2013, 03:13 PM
from the day he got drafted until that year he made the finals, he was playing during the Spurs time. they were reigning champs when he heard his name called during the draft, and in 07 the spurs had their easiest walk to the title since 99. once that season was over, the boston superteam came together, and the lakers got the gift, leaving LeBron with his ragtag band of role players against teams with multiple stars. he never stood a chance

The Spurs might have dominated from 2003-2007, but they remained irrelevant to the media. I would not take offense to that or be saddened by it, nobody likes the media unless they are fellating your team.

DMC
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
RW over dribbles, doesn't see teammates until he's completely out of options and is a cancer to his team for that reason. They are better without him. They need a pass first PG, good perimeter defense and someone to rest Ibaka (or him to rest someone).

Oh.. and a coach.

benefactor
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Steve Francis II.

thunderup
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM

Really why does everything come back to Kirby comparisons. No wonder the Laker trolls embarrass you on a daily basis. You weak, kid.

DMC
08-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Speaking of weak, how's that ACL coming along?

thunderup
08-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Speaking of weak, how's that ACL coming along?

It's coming along great, beta chink.

DMC
08-29-2013, 10:13 PM
It's coming along great, beta chink.

I'm not a chink. I'm Native American. You know, like those people you Ok Homos like to pretend to care about? Shot any joggers lately?

thunderup
08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm not a chink. I'm Native American. You know, like those people you Ok Homos like to pretend to care about? Shot any joggers lately?

Then you're weaker than I thought. You got that ancestral defeatist blood flowing in you. You should naturally assume your position in this discourse partner.

People know not to step near my property or on my road. Nobody fucks with this.

DMC
08-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Then you're weaker than I thought. You got that ancestral defeatist blood flowing in you. You should naturally assume your position in this discourse partner.

People know not to step near my property or on my road. Nobody fucks with this.

You and Technique must hang together. While you're busy being a minuteman for your 1/8th of an acre on a septic tank, he's out fucking your wife.

td4mvp2k
08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Westbrick is overrated by the media and casual fans, and will be even more overrated this year considering he and Durant are pretty much RefKC's entire offense....

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Really why does everything come back to Kirby comparisons. No wonder the Laker trolls embarrass you on a daily basis. You weak, kid.
When you live in LA, you hear it quite a bit.

:lol when do I get "embarrassed?" Do tell. Link, anything. I'm intrigued

AchillesHeel
08-30-2013, 01:17 AM

durant averaged 33 ppg on 53% shooting in the Finals while Lebron shot like under 40% in 07 and got swept, the Heat were stacked and Harden played like shit.

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 01:31 AM
:cry

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2013, 01:36 AM
durant averaged 33 ppg on 53% shooting in the Finals while Lebron shot like under 40% in 07 and got swept, the Heat were stacked and Harden played like shit.

what happens if harden was already shit and the shit he was doing in the earlier rounds were not gettin called in the finals...

HarlemHeat37
08-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Westbrook isn't underrated, nor overrated, tbh..

People that thought the Thunder were better off without Westbrook are idiots, tbh..OKC has built a team around his strengths, despite Durant being by far the 2nd best player in the NBA..Ibaka's offense is virtually useless without Westbrook on the floor, and he allows every other player on the team to successfully fill their role..this has been obvious for 2 years, yet half of the NBA-following population believed OKC could thrive without Westbrook's shot selection/decision making..

Players like Westbrook are unfairly criticized for certain flaws of their game, when in reality, on a team like OKC, they don't have a coach to actually run effective plays, nor do they have an alpha to regulate Westbrook, tbh..he's a relatively inefficient player that takes bad shots, but he's on a team that forces him to post a high usage volume, tbh..

Westbrook is a top 8-10 player in the NBA, tbh..

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Westbrook is criticized for the same reason Kobe gets criticized. he does certain things that can hamper his team's chances. doesn't mean the team is better off without them. just that they make infuriating decisions that are blatantly obvious. westbrook can get too jumper-happy at times, especially when its really early in the shot clock during transition.

OKC
08-30-2013, 07:37 AM
RW over dribbles, doesn't see teammates until he's completely out of options and is a cancer to his team for that reason. They are better without him. They need a pass first PG, good perimeter defense and someone to rest Ibaka (or him to rest someone).

Oh.. and a coach.

Better without him? WEll who are we replacing him with? If you think the team is better just removing him from the roster and going with Jackson and Fisher, you'd probably have a pretty good claim on the most retarded NBA fan in existence. Now...if you wanna swap in Harden or a number of other players for him..then ok, I might can see your point.

DMC
08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Better without him? WEll who are we replacing him with? If you think the team is better just removing him from the roster and going with Jackson and Fisher, you'd probably have a pretty good claim on the most retarded NBA fan in existence. Now...if you wanna swap in Harden or a number of other players for him..then ok, I might can see your point.

They need a pass first PG, good perimeter defense and someone to rest Ibaka (or him to rest someone).

Oh.. and a coach.

OKC
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
They need a pass first PG, good perimeter defense and someone to rest Ibaka (or him to rest someone).

Oh.. and a coach.

Fair enough, but why do you say someone to rest Ibaka? He played 31 minutes a game last year. Do you just feel OKC has noone off the bench worth a damn to rest him? I think Ibaka is really a guy that could take off. I think his ceiling is still pretty high. OKC will need to utilize him more offensively and he'll need to develop more of an offensive game other than just pick and pop set jump shots. We'll see. I really hope Adams develops quickly. He's looked fairly solid in summer league. I just feel Brooks is way too stubborn in his use of Perkins.

DMC
08-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Fair enough, but why do you say someone to rest Ibaka? He played 31 minutes a game last year. Do you just feel OKC has noone off the bench worth a damn to rest him? I think Ibaka is really a guy that could take off. I think his ceiling is still pretty high. OKC will need to utilize him more offensively and he'll need to develop more of an offensive game other than just pick and pop set jump shots. We'll see. I really hope Adams develops quickly. He's looked fairly solid in summer league. I just feel Brooks is way too stubborn in his use of Perkins.

I basically just copied and pasted what I said in the other post that you already quoted. OKC doesn't need someone who's been in the league for xxx number of years and hasn't taken off. They need a true center. Either a real one so you can play inside out (which maximizes your perimeter shooting) or outside in (which currently doesn't work well for you).

There's not many good post up players in the game as far as centers are concerned but there are a couple. You guys rely too heavily on Durant and your PG to score all the points. It sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl. Just look at the box scores for OKC, rarely more than 3 people in double digits.

TheCultOfPersonality
08-30-2013, 04:28 PM
If Westbrook was healthy the Thunder still would've gotten eliminated by the Grizzlies. Westbrook is not a Grizzlies killer.

AchillesHeel
08-31-2013, 12:05 PM
If Westbrook was healthy the Thunder still would've gotten eliminated by the Grizzlies. Westbrook is not a Grizzlies killer.

He would have helped OKC's defense and he would have taken some load off KD on the offensive end and Ibaka wouldn't have been so shit. Grizzlies would have lost in 5-6 games.

OKC
08-31-2013, 04:40 PM
I basically just copied and pasted what I said in the other post that you already quoted. OKC doesn't need someone who's been in the league for xxx number of years and hasn't taken off. They need a true center. Either a real one so you can play inside out (which maximizes your perimeter shooting) or outside in (which currently doesn't work well for you).

There's not many good post up players in the game as far as centers are concerned but there are a couple. You guys rely too heavily on Durant and your PG to score all the points. It sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl. Just look at the box scores for OKC, rarely more than 3 people in double digits.

I agree. KD and RW are so good that OKC can be a very good team as is, but to get to the next level, there needs to be more versatility offensively. Thabo will hit an open 3 at a decent rate. Ibaka hits the set perimeter shot basically as well as anyone in the entire league, but Perkins is an offensive liability and OKC has had no frontcourt players over the years that is any threat offesively, save for the athletic putbacks from an Ibaka or dish offs to the likes of Collison after defenses collapse. I cannot figure out why Ibaka is not isolated more on the block. Is he Hakeem? No, but the guy surely could master at least a moderately effective post game. Anxious to see how Adams develops. HE seems to have some potential.

thunderup
08-31-2013, 04:47 PM
:lol Adams? I'd like to be wrong partner but he's basically a big white stiff.

OKC
08-31-2013, 08:42 PM
:lol Adams? I'd like to be wrong partner but he's basically a big white stiff.
What?! He's got a killer motor and is a very mobile 7 footer. He looked pretty good in summer league. Obviously you don't put too much into what a guy does in summer league and its possible he could be a bust but he shows he has some pretty good tools. He has good hands, decent touch, and could run circles around Perkins.

OKC
08-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Steven Adams looks way better than I expected him to. After a solid game on Tuesday where he shot 4-5 from the floor for 11 points and six rebounds, he followed that up with a 4-5 shooting performance for 13 points, five rebounds, two blocks and a game-high +17. Granted, he’s defending something called an Arnett Moultrie and not Nikola Pekovic or Al Jefferson, but he clearly has the makings of a very good defender. He doesn’t overhelp, he doesn’t get lost in rotations much, he doesn’t over-eagerly try and block everything from the weakside. He keeps his feet on the ground and mostly just uses his length and size to contest and defend. His screening has been very good and even some of his scoring has been surprisingly impressive. He hit a smooth mid-range jumper from the free throw line and a few baby hooks from the block. Now, he’s not going to be someone the Thunder are posting up and running offense for, but remember, this guy is a baby just taking steps toward (hopefully) something bigger.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-01-2013, 04:30 AM
He would have helped OKC's defense and he would have taken some load off KD on the offensive end and Ibaka wouldn't have been so shit. Grizzlies would have lost in 5-6 games.
Last 7 games against the Grizzlies, Westbrook is shooting 35% from the field. 36% last season and 34% the season before. Last season Westbrook took 61 shots and scored 58 points against the Grizzlies. That's not going to get it done. Especially when the guy is going to be taking shots way from the more efficient Kevin Durant.

Let's not blame Westbrook for Ibaka's struggles. If you're missing open shots and point blank dunks that's on you. That has nothing to do with Westbrook.