PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: What if the Pelicans never traded Kobe for Divac?

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Kobe wouldn't have been able to coattail Shaq for 3 rings, and there's no way his team would have been able to get the gift. The Lakers would have gone on to resign Shaq and Kobe would likely have ended up with the Clippers or Knicks.

How many championships does Kobe win in this scenario? Would his fans still be (laughably) comparing him to MJ and (laughably) calling him the best player of our generation, or does he just become T-Mac with better longevity?

Discuss.

DMC
08-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Kornerstone tbh

Michael Jordan.
08-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Kobe wouldn't have been able to coattail Shaq for 3 rings, and there's no way his team would have been able to get the gift. The Lakers would have gone on to resign Shaq and Kobe would likely have ended up with the Clippers or Knicks.

How many championships does Kobe win in this scenario? Would his fans still be (laughably) comparing him to MJ and (laughably) calling him the best player of our generation, or does he just become T-Mac with better longevity?

Discuss.
He'd be worse than T-mac actually, as his career record without Shaq or Gasol is about .500 or under.

Katherine Robinson
08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Kobe Bryant would demand being traded to a better team and he would likely ring with somebody - perhaps he'd be one of the ring chasers crawling to the Heat today.

Double-Up
08-29-2013, 01:33 PM
He'd be worse than T-mac actually, as his career record without Shaq or Gasol is about .500 or under.

Ouch.

Koolaid_Man
08-29-2013, 01:52 PM

Discuss.

If they never traded Kobe...BR Hornet wouldn't exist in his current form....he owes his existence to Kobe wanting out

ShowtimeFan
08-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Pelicans don't trade for Kobe:

Divac goes to the Suns for Nash
Shaq "injured" for all of 96-97 season
Lakers improbably win lottery and take Duncan
Spurfans have nothing to do but piss and moan about Stern for the next decade
Lakers rip off 6 straight titles before Shaq retires for a Rap career

DMC
08-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Pelicans don't trade for Kobe:

Divac goes to the Suns for Nash
Shaq "injured" for all of 96-97 season
Lakers improbably win lottery and take Duncan
Spurfans have nothing to do but piss and moan about Stern for the next decade
Lakers rip off 6 straight titles before Shaq retires for a Rap career

Ergo Shaq could win 6 straight with Duncan but not with Kobe.

ShowtimeFan
08-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Ergo Shaq could win 6 straight with Duncan and Nash and Eddie Jones but not with Kobe.

FIFY

But seriously no, chances are Shaq would not have cared enough to stay sharp enough to win 6 straight with anyone.

DMC
08-29-2013, 07:18 PM
FIFY

But seriously no, chances are Shaq would not have cared enough to stay sharp enough to win 6 straight with anyone.

No, you said Duncan.

Kobe had Shaq, Payton and Malone. He didn't win the ring, however you're saying that Shaq, Duncan and Nash are better than Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and Fisher?

I agree. Shaq is why they won rings. Pau is why they won rings. Lakers front office knows that. That's why they don't spend all summer trying to bring in shooting guards, but trying to get a dominant center. Dominant centers win championships. Dominant shooting guards try to be Michael Jordan.

ShowtimeFan
08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
No, you said Duncan.

Go back and read my post numbnuts. Nash was part of the hypothetical and Eddie Jones (and NVE) were already on that Laker team. Obviously if you can get Nash and Duncan in one of these stupid hypotheticals, you take that over Kobe.

DMC
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Go back and read my post numbnuts. Nash was part of the hypothetical and Eddie Jones (and NVE) were already on that Laker team. Obviously if you can get Nash and Duncan in one of these stupid hypotheticals, you take that over Kobe.

But Kobe and Payton and Malone and Shaq couldn't win a ring in 2004. That would have been ring 5 if the Spurs didn't push their shit in the previous year. If you cannot get 5 with that group....

You're saying you'd take Duncan over Kobe any day. Lol thinking Nash would do anything significant in a set defense.

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 12:44 AM
If they never traded Kobe...BR Hornet wouldn't exist in his current form....he owes his existence to Kobe wanting out

how many times does kobe ring in this scenario where he's never on the lakers though? he's not going to ring while shaq's lakers or tim's spurs are intact

StrengthAndHonor
08-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Was Mourning still with the Hornets when Kobe was drafted?

AchillesHeel
08-30-2013, 01:29 AM
He'd end up forcing his way to the Heat or maybe even the Mavs in the mid 2000s, then he'd ring with a prime Wade or Dirk.

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2013, 01:44 AM
he wont win a ring, but im certain his off the court antics will still be the same

Thebesteva
08-30-2013, 01:48 AM
http://troll.me/images/ma/look-son-a-faggot.jpg

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Look, a faygo drinking faggot :rolleyes

Thebesteva
08-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Look, a faygo drinking faggot :rolleyes

It's amazing that your very existence as a basketball fan is to just debate about Kobe's legacy. I would expect more from an Armenian, they are very proud people. You must be one of the ones shunned from your community.

Arnold Toht
08-30-2013, 02:14 AM
It's amazing that your very existence as a basketball fan is to just debate about Kobe's legacy. I would expect more from an Armenian, they are very proud people. You must be one of the ones shunned from your community.

They're afraid of looking into the mirror and seeing the 666 birthmark on their foreheads.

So, therefore they'll spend the entire summer living vicariously through the 5-time NBA World Champion. This wouldn't be happening if they made a fucking free throw!!

Kool Bob Love
08-30-2013, 02:19 AM
^ 1 time NBA Champ speaking.

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 02:19 AM

no. whats amazing is that a spurs forum is infested with a bunch of laker fans shoving kobe in our faces. resistance is obvious. if my most frequented forum was lakersground or some shit, you'd have a point. i live in this city and i hear about that fucker all day. i originally came to a spurs forum to get away from it, and once i check the nba forum out, its like the LA radio all over again

BRHornet45
08-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Kobe would have been nothing more than a glorified T-Mac.

The facts and stats are there. Dude is like 121-125 without Shaq or Gasol and never got out of the first round.

But hey ... He sells a lot of merchandise in China so just push him to the top with media propaganda so idiots buy into him.

Thebesteva
08-30-2013, 02:32 AM
no. whats amazing is that a spurs forum is infested with a bunch of laker fans shoving kobe in our faces. resistance is obvious. if my most frequented forum was lakersground or some shit, you'd have a point. i live in this city and i hear about that fucker all day. i originally came to a spurs forum to get away from it, and once i check the nba forum out, its like the LA radio all over again

You're face is getting bukkaked with Kobe jizz....deal with it you faygo drinking faggot.

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 03:40 AM
faygo drinking faggot.

:lmao lamest insult on ST tbh

Thebesteva
08-30-2013, 03:47 AM
:lmao lamest insult on ST tbh

u mad brah?

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 03:50 AM
not sure how you read mad from the lmao emoticon, but whatevz

LkrFan
08-30-2013, 07:03 AM
http://troll.me/images/ma/look-son-a-faggot.jpg
:rollin :lmao :rollin

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 11:19 PM
1) don't have response
2) call OP a faggot
3) declare yourself the winner

congrats

Rogue
08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Kobe would've still gone to LA anyway, the way CP3 went there.