PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: seriously, can this team win a 3 peat?

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbBFexa162h0CrB4NNNPp4q7I6_sS3z Brc6IpHwR9ftOpS1UYLuKsnEXER

g. harper
g. kobe bryant (2006-2009)
f. s. pippen
f. rodman
c. luc longley

coach phil jackson.

1st nba title kobe's matchup

Miami Heat (voshon leonard)
knicks (john starks)
orlando magic (nick anderson)

nba finals
gary payton and hersey hawkins

2nd nba title

bullets (calbert cheaney)
hawks (steve smith)
heat (voshon leonard, old dan majerle)

nba finals
hornacek and byron russell

3rd nba title

nets (kerry kittles and kendal gill)
hornets (bobby phills, dell cury)
indiana (reggie miller, jalen rose, same guy who kobe happily dropped 81 pts)

nba finals

hornacek, eiseley and russell

are you guys going to pretend, kobe wouldn't dominate these guys and win 3 straight?

come on....

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 08:43 PM
lol making the finals

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 08:45 PM
lol making the finals

seriously homie, answer the question and stop trollin man. its the freakin off season, lets talk hoop.

StrengthAndHonor
08-29-2013, 08:51 PM
I'll take a stab I guess.

I have little doubt Kobe could win with that team, considering the quality of players that will guard him, although i'd say its about 50/50 against Payton who did a magnificent job on Jordan in that series, holding him to the lowest FG% of his career in the Finals.

The thing that seperated Jordan was his efficiency. Kobe may win three titles with the same core but his efficiency will be lower compared to Jordan.

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
lol making the finals

i cant see kobe winning without an all-nba caliber big man

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 09:17 PM
i cant see kobe winning without an all-nba caliber big man

ok fair enough

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 09:19 PM
ok fair enough
pippen is a great player, but he doesn't complement Kobe as well as he did MJ

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 09:20 PM

I have little doubt Kobe could win with that team, considering the quality of players that will guard him, although i'd say its about 50/50 against Payton who did a magnificent job on Jordan in that series, holding him to the lowest FG% of his career in the Finals.

The thing that seperated Jordan was his efficiency. Kobe may win three titles with the same core but his efficiency will be lower compared to Jordan.

06-08 kobe> 96-98 jordan. calbert cheaney, voshon leonard, bobby phills, kendall gill, john starks, hornacek? do you realize how short and aweful these players are? anyone in that list would not even be assigned to guard the leagues top perimeter players, yet these were the players that guarded jordan in his second three peat run :lol

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
pippen is a great player, but he doesn't complement Kobe as well as he did MJ

kobe always needed a garbage man. jordan had 2 of the best garbage men in the history of the game.

rodman doesnt care about shots, matter of fact he enjoys not having to score a single point while grabbing 20 rebounds as he stated during his hof speech.

pippen was always happy creating plays and defending the other teams best perimeter player while jordan took care of the scoring load and this is proof that kobe can win as much titles as jordan without having a big man.

i'm telling you people, pippen and rodman are exactly the two type of players kobe would love to have as teammates.

DMC
08-29-2013, 09:37 PM
I cannot see anyone staying around long enough to win 3 rings with Kobe. Even Phil left when Shaq did.

DMC
08-29-2013, 09:39 PM
kobe always needed a garbage man. jordan had 2 of the best garbage men in the history of the game.

rodman doesnt care about shots, matter of fact he enjoys not having to score a single point while grabbing 20 rebounds as he stated during his hof speech.

pippen was always happy creating plays and defending the other teams best perimeter player while jordan took care of the scoring load and this is proof that kobe can win as much titles as jordan without having a big man.

But didn't. Also, I'm convinced your eyes are narrow and you could be blindfolded with dental floss.

i'm telling you people, pippen and rodman are exactly the two type of players kobe would love to have as teammates.
Sure, but they wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 10:13 PM
But didn't. Also, I'm convinced your eyes are narrow and you could be blindfolded with dental floss.

damn thats a racist comment :lol

StrengthAndHonor
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
06-08 kobe> 96-98 jordan. calbert cheaney, voshon leonard, bobby phills, kendall gill, john starks, hornacek? do you realize how short and aweful these players are? anyone in that list would not even be assigned to guard the leagues top perimeter players, yet these were the players that guarded jordan in his second three peat run :lol
But Jordan was a wiser player. Understand that when Jordan was struggling against Payton, it was because he's missing shots he normally makes. I'm not discrediting Payton who did a tremendous job but Jordan was just flat out cold in the series.

Kobe has a different mentality and Phil Jackson described it best. When Jordan was missing a good amount of his shots, he will contribute on some other facets of the game and will look for his shot when he feels the flow of the game is in his favor. Kobe otoh, will force his shots and will continue to do so until it starts dropping again.

I do agree that Jordan's defenders are weak in comparison and this is why I think Kobe will have the same amount of success against them.

DMC
08-29-2013, 10:41 PM
But Jordan was a wiser player. Understand that when Jordan was struggling against Payton, it was because he's missing shots he normally makes. I'm not discrediting Payton who did a tremendous job but Jordan was just flat out cold in the series.

Kobe has a different mentality and Phil Jackson described it best. When Jordan was missing a good amount of his shots, he will contribute on some other facets of the game and will look for his shot when he feels the flow of the game is in his favor. Kobe otoh, will force his shots and will continue to do so until it starts dropping again.

I do agree that Jordan's defenders are weak in comparison and this is why I think Kobe will have the same amount of success against them.

Individual success is based on team success. Jordan didn't win 6 rings on his own. How many clutch shots has Kobe been credited for assisting? I cannot think of any. Jordan otoh...

spurraider21
08-29-2013, 11:23 PM

Lol your biased hypothetical prediction is "proof" than Kobe can win without a big? :rollin

Rogue
08-29-2013, 11:40 PM
This team (or the "leader" of this team) would have quit by the game 5 of NBA finals, if they could somehow make the finals. They may win 1 title in a fluky year, or maybe even 2, but it would be hard to imagine a team led by Kobe winning a 3 peat in a stacked league imho.

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Lol your biased hypothetical prediction is "proof" than Kobe can win without a big? :rollin

so, do you feel kobe can't produce against the players i just mentioned?

RsxPiimp
08-29-2013, 11:44 PM
This team (or the "leader" of this team) would have quit by the game 5 of NBA finals, if they could somehow make the finals. They may win 1 title in a fluky year, or maybe even 2, but it would be hard to imagine a team led by Kobe winning a 3 peat in a stacked league imho.

the league was not stacked, i just listed the teams the bulls faced from 96-98.

D-Wade
08-30-2013, 12:21 AM

Jordan was a master at managing players, especially Rodman's antics. At the first sign of trouble, Bean throws dudes under the bus. Is Kobe back to loving Gasol this year? Stay tuned... No 3 peat.

StrengthAndHonor
08-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Individual success is based on team success. Jordan didn't win 6 rings on his own. How many clutch shots has Kobe been credited for assisting? I cannot think of any. Jordan otoh...

?

My response was directed to RsxPiimp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12644)'s take that Kobe can also have the same individual success against the same players that were assigned to guard MJ.

spurraider21
08-30-2013, 12:39 AM
so, do you feel kobe can't produce against the players i just mentioned?

i don't doubt kobe can put up 30 ppg on those guys. he puts up points no matter who he's facing. i doubt his ability to be efficient and win big games without a dominant big

AchillesHeel
08-30-2013, 01:28 AM
If Kirby accepts being a sidekick to Pippen, yes.

Killakobe81
08-30-2013, 05:40 AM

I agree out of the truly great players (not counting AI) Kobe has the worst shot selection by far.
A couple of notes LeBron has become even greater by improving his shot selection ...
I have always argued its been Kobe's bad shot selection not shot volume which is his biggest flaw. MJ shot a high volume and forced a few bad shots but not like Kobe ...

Leetonidas
08-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Bulls ain't winning a single finals series with Kobe hogging the ball and never passing to Scotty and shooting 35% in the Finals

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2013, 10:03 AM
they wont get 72-10

Arnold Toht
08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Bulls ain't winning a single finals series with Kobe hogging the ball and never passing to Scotty and shooting 35% in the Finals

Do something about it, Lee.
-------> http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37